Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 623 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:51 PM   #1411
Fall1
DIS Veteran

We did Toy Story on Saturday night. It was tons of fun. We pretended to eat at Pizza Planet and had pizza, mozzerella sticks and fruit salad. For dessert we decorated alien sugar cookies and the kids had fun with that. We played pin the tail on Bullseye, they got a kick out of being blindfolded.

Oct 2004 GF/BC Honeymoon, Oct 2005 BC, May 2006 BC, Oct 2009 BCV (twins 1st trip!), Oct 2010 BCV, Feb 2011 AKV, Oct 2011 BCV, Dec 2011 AKV, Mar 2012 SSR, Nov 2012 BCV, Apr 2013 BCV, Oct 2013 SSR, Apr 2014 1st Disney Cruise!! & BCV
Upcoming December 2014 BCV & 1st Universal trip!
me DH DS 7 DD 7
Fall1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:34 PM   #1412
KariAnn0613
Earning My Ears

Great ideas!

GREAT IDEAS!!! We are starting our Movie Nights this weekend! I feel very blessed to have all your wonderful ideas to use and incorporate into our night. I'm very excited!!! I'll share pictures as soon as I have them!
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2011, 05:24 PM   #1413
budafam
DIS Veteran

We did Ratatouille this past weekend but I didn't take any pictures We had ratatouille of course... my son was not excited about eating RAT... lol!

Tonight I did Snow White on a spur of the moment. I made chili and served it in acorn squash bowls (they kinda look like flowers) and I made a "Pick your Poison" dessert buffet with apples, peanut butter dip & different toppings. Poor DD has a tummy ache and refused to eat any of it... she's lounging on the couch watching the movie. DS dug right in though... finished his chili & munched on some poison apples.

DxDP 12/3/13-12/10/13
Upcoming Trips: 10/25-10/31 BWV 10/31-11/3 DREAM

budafam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:19 PM   #1414
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcaks & Booze, Running PHM

Swiss Family Robinson

Dinner & a Movie Night
September 18, 2011
Swiss Family Robinson

Honestly, not one of my favorite Disney movies…and I think the kids agreed that it was pretty slow and in points very boring. Of course, I had read up on the movie prior and was in shock about the treatment of animals on the set (of course this was many decades ago, and PETA would have a fit today). I think I should have gotten the newer version to hold everyone’s attention, but I can say now that they will understand the tree house in MK now!

Activities:

Coconut Races

Not a great start to this activity…Goo wanted to hold a coconut and Ab told him not to drop it. Guess what the first thing he did when he walked out the door. I thought she was going to kill him! The coconut only sustained minor damages so all was not lost but one of the brooms we were using bit the dust! The kids had a blast hitting the coconuts up and down the driveway cement pad.

Coconut Dissection

After we had beat the coconuts to death we decided to open them up and have a try. I love the picture of Boo and the coconut…see any resemblance? You can tell by Goo’s face that we was not impressed, he was expecting the coconut milk that you make pina coladas from (crème of coconut) and what you use to make pies with (sweetened shredded flakes).

Dinner:

Tropical Fruit Salad Served in Coconut Bowls, Swiss Casserole, and Pina Colada’s

With Swiss Bars for Dessert which Boo made (and were they yummy)

momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 07:02 PM   #1415
momabaarjo

Phineas & Ferb Movie

Dinner & a Movie Night
September 30th
Phineas & Ferb Across the Second Dimension

I have to admit, that I love Phineas and Ferb almost as much as the kids, the show is so well written and so clever. What a great message it sends to kids to be creative in the summer...not just sit around in the house watching TV. Goo has been bugging me forever to have a Phineas and Ferb night, so while dad and Boo went to the cabin during the weekend we pulled the couch bed out...got fast food to match the theme and had a great time watching the movie.

Activity:

Paper Folding Perry Figure

We also had a air guitar contest on the wii (but my camera battery died) and we played Your So busted Balloon Pop (sat on balloons and tried to see who could pop it first)

Dinner:

Ab:

Candace's Favorite Grill Cheese Sandwich made using Stinky Limburger Cheese with Platypus Eggs and Lemonade from Phineas and Ferb's Stand

Goo:

Corndog from Mr. Slushy Dog (where Jeremy works) with Platypus Eggs and Lemonade from Phineas and Ferb's Stand

Dr. Doofen Schmirtz's Sundae-inator

We went to a frozen yogurt bar, and I let Goo make his sundae just like he wanted for a change...the kids tell me there was an actual episode with a sundae-inator and here I thought I was being so cleaver!
Old 10-09-2011, 09:47 PM   #1416
twooley2
DIS Veteran

wow what an extensive list. I am impressed.. love what others come up with and do. Shows my disney obsession is o.k. and fun too.
twooley2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:40 PM   #1417
BabyEeyore
DIS Veteran

I love your Phineas and Ferb night, momabaarjo! Great job!

DH and me: DD (4): Ali: Prim:

Multiple trips as a kid (DL) & lots of day trips to WDW as an adult
Off-site: First trip with DH and DD, WDW Nov. 2008
Pop Century: Oct. 2009, March 2010
POFQ: Sept. 2010 (MNSSHP), Jan. 2011
CBR: Sept. 2011 (MNSSHP)
Art of Animation: Sept. 2012 (MNSSHP)
BabyEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:59 PM   #1418
BabyEeyore
DIS Veteran

A couple of weeks ago we had our Jake and the Neverland Pirates movie night. We all love this show so we definitely had to get the DVD when it came out.

When DD woke up from her nap (or got up from her "quiet time"... she doesn't always take a nap anymore), she decorated a pirate hat.

Then she went on a treasure hunt. I made her a really simple treasure map, but I'm not the best artist so it told her to go from her bedroom (bed) to the living room (TV) to the backyard (plants).

And that's where she found her treasure chest! I can't remember where I got the template for the treasure chest. I just googled it. Inside was an eyeglass, pirate eye patch, and her choice of temporary tattoos. She picked Izzy and, though not pictured, I had Scully and DH had Bucky.

For dinner we had Awww, coconuts shrimp (DH's idea and I thought it was so cute!), spring roll-ed up maps, and grape cannonballs.

For dessert we had treasure map cupcakes.

Old 10-10-2011, 03:08 PM   #1419
thmar
DIS Veteran

The cupcake treasure map is such a cute idea.

"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." Walt Disney

God Bless...

thmar
thmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 04:57 PM   #1420
momabaarjo

Dumbo

Dinner & a Movie Night
Dumbo
October 1st

Ab, Goo, K-Quad and their friend Donald joined us for movie night

This week the K-Quad hosted their first movie night at their house down the street. K3 & K4 were excited all week when I picked them up in the morning for school (we carpool together...I take in the morning and their grandmother picks up in the afternoon). Each morning they wanted to talk about what is in a circus and what we could do for Dumbo. We decided that we would rotate weeks...1 family choose the movie, food, and host and the other family would come up with the activity. This work great for the kids and moms...but the dads are another story and they just have to go along or stay home.

The K-Quad chose Dumbo, not one of my favorite movies just because it breaks my heart when Mrs. Jumbo keeps getting passed over by the stork, then she gets locked away for protecting her baby from the mean boys making fun of Dumbo! This was the first time my kids have seen the movie, yes I know it has a happy ending...

Activity (our family does):

Made Circus Tents/Scenes

Ab and Goo working on their tents

Menu (K-Quad Family):

I have to say the K-Quad did a super job on food...everything you could think of at a circus...

Popcorn, Circus Peanuts, Candy Corn, and Muscle Man Dumbells (prezel sticks & marshmellows)

Peanuts & Cotton Candy

Pretzels

Corndogs

Carmel Apples

Big Top Cupcakes

Ab enjoys a Snowcone
Old 10-15-2011, 06:12 PM   #1421
momabaarjo

Jungle Book

Dinner & a Movie Night
October 9th
Jungle Book

Ab was here for dinner, but had to go to Teen Mass when we watched the movie

We have been tryingfor months to do the Jungle Book movie night...we just never seemed to get it together, so I vowed to get it done since I ordered the movie from Netflixs and it came this week. It is not that I don't like the movie, the time never seemed right and I really wanted the kids to try some Indian food and I just could not seem to pull the menu together. The boys recognized a lot of the voices from other movies we have watched (Baloo...Thomas from the Aristocrats and Kaa...Winnie the Pooh)

Activity:

Paper Folding Tigers & Bears

Kaa Mobiles

I did not get a picture of the Kaa Goo made before the cat decided to play with it...

Dinner:

Kaa Pizza Roll Snake

Baloo Tossed Salad

King Louie Banana Pudding

A Taste from Mowgli's Home (Chicken Curry, Basmati Rice, Naan Bread and Nariyal Burfi/Indian Coconut Fudge)

Well at least I can now say I tried to make and eat Curry...

We loved the Naan Bread....

Thank goodness I had a back up food plan, my family decided that they did not care for Indian Food...except for the Naan Bread. I am sure the REAL thing is a lot better than my humble attempt at Curry and I have to agree that I am not a big fan of the spice cardamom.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:00 PM   #1422
ILuvGoofy4Real
Earning My Ears

Wonderful ideas!
Old 10-15-2011, 08:50 PM   #1423
momabaarjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmar View Post
I second that...what a cleaver idea!!!!
Old 10-16-2011, 02:41 PM   #1424
BabyEeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
I second that...what a cleaver idea!!!!
Thank you! It was all thanks to Family Fun Magazine. They have the best ideas!

Old 10-16-2011, 02:46 PM   #1425
BabyEeyore
DIS Veteran

Great ideas as usual, momabaarjo. How fun to be able to get together with another family and do the movie nights!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: