Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 798 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:18 AM   #1396
shelbys mommy
DIS Veteran

Looking for Ideas

I am looking for ideas for Flight of the Navigator, Who Framed Roger Rabbit & Mars Needs Moms. TIA!

Last edited by shelbys mommy; 09-07-2011 at 02:42 AM.
shelbys mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:31 PM   #1397
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcakes, Booze, & PHM

Song of the South and Tom & Huck

Dinner & a Movie Weekend Double Feature:
Song of the South
Tom & Huck
(September 3rd & 4th)

This weekend we celebrated the end of summer and a long weekend in the cabin...and yet another chance to escape the heat the drought plaguing home. We got to have our movie night again with the K Quad Cousins who live down the street from us and have a cabin down the hill from us (plus everyone is matched up with a same age cousin except K3...but she gets along with everyone). I decided to pair 2 movies about the South as well as take advantage of the setting around us for activities to do with the movies...but only if the weather decided to cooperate...which it did not!

DH loves Song of the South and it really is a great movie. I know how politically incorrect it is but the music is wonderful and who does not love a good Uncle Remus story?! DH wanted a copy of the movie several years ago...and of course this movie is not released any longer in the United States...so where do I go but eBay?! He was so excited to get it in his Christmas stocking. I had to do a lot of searching for Tom & Huck however...now I have a subscription to Netflicks (but my mom had a VCR tape). The girls of course fell in love with Jonathan Taylor Thomas...who wouldn't he was such a cute kid!

Activities:
*Go Fishing (did not happen, instead it was cold and rainy)
*Play Marbles (forgot the marbles)
*Play Fishing Game (the batteries were dead...)

So what were we able to do?

Make our own rafts and float them down the stream

K3 works on her raft

Ab & K4 work on their rafts

K2's raft floats...and we were all doubters!

Let's Race

Make homemade ice cream and cobbler

Goo helps make the cobbler...using Great Grandma's Recipe

K2 makes the homemade vanilla ice cream using Great Grandma's Recipe

Menu:

We had planned a fish fry with all the trimmings (fried okra, fried squash, cole slaw)...but since we could not fish...we went to town and had Mexican food (that is southern, isn't it...south of the boarder?! ) And we had dessert back at the cabin...

Peach Cobbler & Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream

Last night we had our southern dinner...

Southern Fried Chicken, Mac & Cheese, Fried Okra

Lemonade & Sweet Tea

Mississippi Mud Pie

momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2011, 07:05 AM   #1398
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

This Saturday.

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!!!
i believe i will have everything ready for my triplets Birthday party this Saturday.
I really wish they had only picked ONE theme.. all of Disney is a bit much!
Promise to post pictures, plus i have to start a PTR. most if not ALL ideas from this board!!!
Chicago Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:24 PM   #1399
ehough
Mouseketeer

Today was Mary Poppins day!

The menu:

We made kites...

Fed the birds (tuppence, tuppence!)

Did some chalk drawings (this is a chimney)

Ate some food:

Danced like Bert:

And chose next week's movie- Beauty and the Beast!

Proud mommy to DD (5.5) and DS (4) and #3 due 2-14-14
ehough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:23 AM   #1400
jubelee1872000
Mouseketeer

Ooooooh BOY am I BEHIND..
here are some pics of our Pirates of the Carribbean Night a couple of weeks ago.

We had cracken spaghetti and Pirate ship garlic bread.
We did pirate tic tac toe and pirate stamping, we also decorated our own treasure chests and of course watched the movie..we watched #2

I didn't get any good ones of them looking right at he camera!
Old 09-12-2011, 10:30 AM   #1401
jubelee1872000
Mouseketeer

Last week we did CARS

I got a bean bag toss from CVS, We did banks shaped liked cars from the dollar store, raced our cars on the table, and I got a tin with two cars games for $2.49 at CVS!! The $1 store had these fruit snacks with light up tongs they just loved. We just had pizza..lol..we also colored cars pictures and tried to watch the movie but the power went out mid-movie and it didn't come back on until morning time..

Old 09-12-2011, 10:45 AM   #1402
jubelee1872000
Mouseketeer

Last But not least was Alice in Wonderland!!!!! This was a favorite to put together and we also had guests which were my brother and sister in law.

I bought wafer cookies with a butterfly on the tray for absylum, put wings on a rocking house for a "horse fly" and did brownies with "EAT ME" picks in them, I also made cupcakes with checkerboard pattern, some with hearts some with red or white roses and some with spades and hearts. I made the crazy signs and the door as well as printed some pics of painting the roses red, a time for tea clock and the cheshire cat and white rabbit. I had on my alice shirt and white bunny ears..but i didn't get any pics of myself..ooops! We didn't really do crafts or activities other than decorationg and coloring alice pictures because we ran out of time..but we did watch the cartoon..we were going to watch the movie but it got too late so we opted for the shorter one..

Old 09-12-2011, 11:15 AM   #1403
Camshell
Mouseketeer

A Disney theme night at our house involves making a Monte Cristo sandwich just like you get in the Blue Bayou restaurant (Disneyland's Pirates of the Carribean ride). We even make the black current dipping sauce. Yum!!!

We put the Disney music on and feel like we're at the restaurant.

'78 DL, '89 DL, '96 Tokyo DL, '01 DL, '05 DL, '09 DL, '11 WDW, '12 Aulani, '12 DL, '13 WDW, '15 Aulani

Camshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:34 PM   #1404
Graciesmom77
DIS Veteran

Ok I am a little behind in posting these, and I am aggravated because I can't figure out how to make these pictures smaller. I am using photobucket. Does anyone know if there is a way to make all pictures a medium size, or do I have to go into each pic and resize it? Pain in the derriere!

Anyways, here was last weeks party. My sister was in charge of this one and she choose Finding Nemo. It was so cute!

Sign on the door when we came in, even though she did it at my house! lol

The kids with their jelly fish craft.

The table all decorated up with Nemo plates.

We had fish sticks, turtle eggs (grapes) Crush's Shells and cheese, though the pic didnt show up, Dorys Spritzers and Dessert Sushi.

It was a lot of fun. After dinner we watched the movie and as usual it was great!
Old 09-15-2011, 10:54 PM   #1405
MarieS
DIS Veteran

Great thread! I was looking back over some of the posts for Lion King. I was thinking of having a special meal and activity before going to the theater to see Lion King 3D.

I found some ideas here.

MarieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:51 AM   #1406
momabaarjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camshell View Post
A Disney theme night at our house involves making a Monte Cristo sandwich just like you get in the Blue Bayou restaurant (Disneyland's Pirates of the Carribean ride). We even make the black current dipping sauce. Yum!!!

We put the Disney music on and feel like we're at the restaurant.

A good monte cristo!!!
Old 09-17-2011, 07:51 AM   #1407
momabaarjo

Pinocchio

Dinner & a Movie
Pinocchio
September 9, 2011

I have to admit that I am not a real big fan of Pinocchio. It just seems like too "dark" of a movie and too much adult "themes" for a children's movie. With that being said, the kids had a great Friday evening. The K-Quad Cousins are going to join us a couple times a month (they are going to WDW in March)...switching off between houses, the family that hosts does the meal and the other family comes up with the activity. We hosted this week...

Activity:

Made Puppets

Even teenage girls can get into the fun (K1 and Ab)

K3 gets her puppet working

Decorated Cookies
(Jimny's When You Wish Upon a Star Cookies with Blue Fairy Dust)

K3 loaded hers with frosting and fairy dust

Menu:

Goo decided he was going to be the kitchen helper this week

Stromboli

Figaro's Fruit Salad

Jimny's When You Wish Upon a Star Cookies
(German Cut Out Cookies)

Blue Fairy Drink

Pinocchio's Snack Mix

(Donkey Ears-Carmel Candy Corn, Pinocchio Noses-Pretzels, Chocolate Covered Consciences-Chocolate Covered Raisins & peanuts, Monstro-Goldfish crackers)
Old 09-17-2011, 01:56 PM   #1408
Graciesmom77
DIS Veteran

We had a Toy Story movie night 2 weeks ago. We had Pizza Planet Pizza, Buzz's Breadsticks, Alien Juice, Rootin Tootin Fruit Salad and Toy Story cupcakes.

We colored in little booklets I printed up from Disney Family and played Pin the Tail on Bullseye. We watched Toy Story 2, because TS3 makes me cry!

It was fun even though I didn't have a long time to prepare.

Next week my sis is in charge and she hasn't decided what she is doing yet. The week after that I am doing Dumbo and I can't wait. Circus food!!! Can anyone say fattening!
Old 09-17-2011, 05:13 PM   #1409
momabaarjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbys mommy View Post
I am looking for ideas for Flight of the Navigator, Who Framed Roger Rabbit & Mars Needs Moms. TIA!
I found a recipe the other day for homemade MARS bars!?
Old 09-17-2011, 05:50 PM   #1410
momabaarjo

Aristocats

Dinner & a Movie
September 16, 2011
Aristocats

Did you know this was the last movie Walt Disney personally approved?

I have to admit, that I really love this movie (probably just for the song "Everybody wants to be a cat). When Ab was about 6 adored this movie; that was the year that everything was about cats, she even dressed up as a cat for Halloween. I bought her a Marie t-shirt for our trip and making a special Marie only autograph page...I sure hope we find her in Epcot. The voices are all familiar to me and I can picture the actors in real life. I had not realized all the character names were a play on words...matching their personalities in some way. How fun is that? I read that Disney had scheduled a Part 2 in 2007 but it was cancelled when Disney bought Pixar.

The boys especially enjoyed this quote:

Marie: Me first! Me first!
Toulouse the Orange Kitten: Why should you be first?
Marie: Because I'm a lady. That's why.
Toulouse the Orange Kitten: Oh, you're not a lady.
Berlioz the Kitten: You're nothing but a sister!

Abigail insisted that our cat, Carmen had to watch the movie too. Can you tell the cat is not too pleased about that idea?

Activities:

Effiel Tower

The kids rolled their eyes when I pulled this out...another one of those wood craft puzzles that say for ages 6 and up when in reality even an adult has a tough time putting them together. They did it though and I am proud they stuck it out.

Making Crepes

I taught the kids how to make crepes...they had a lot of fun and want to make more! Maybe we will have to do The Hunchback of Notre Dame in the spring.

Menu:

French Dip Sandwiches (on French Bread) & Au Ju, French Fries, and of course creme de la creme de la edgar to drink

Crepes stuffed with French Vanilla Pudding, topped off with berries and whip topping

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: