Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 623 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:46 PM   #1366
budafam
DIS Veteran

How soon is too soon to start having Disney movie nights before a trip? lol... I did a good amount of the movies before our last trip and the kids loved it. We did one every Friday night. We just booked our second trip (for next May) and I'm already planning out movie nights. Since we're doing one day at Universal, that opens up a whole new chapter of movie nights for us. Ahhh... only 258 days to go... I'm so tempted to begin them now... lol!!! LOVE this thread!
DxDP 12/3/13-12/10/13
Upcoming Trips: 10/25-10/31 BWV 10/31-11/3 DREAM

budafam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 10:13 PM   #1367
Becc1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by budafam View Post
How soon is too soon to start having Disney movie nights before a trip? lol... I did a good amount of the movies before our last trip and the kids loved it. We did one every Friday night. We just booked our second trip (for next May) and I'm already planning out movie nights. Since we're doing one day at Universal, that opens up a whole new chapter of movie nights for us. Ahhh... only 258 days to go... I'm so tempted to begin them now... lol!!! LOVE this thread!
It's never too early to start! We are not doing a family trip until 2013 but I am still going to be doing them one every month until it's gets closer then we'll do every other week like we did before our last trip in May There are so many Disney movies out there and now Universal too that you'll have plenty to keep you busy until your next trip!

Can I really keep my mouth shut for the next 6 months?
Princesses don't hit, kick or spit! A May/June 2011 TR

Becc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2011, 06:46 PM   #1368
ehough
Mouseketeer

We had a great first Sunday Funday but I can't post pics yet! I don't have enough posts. So, I'm off to fix that. In the meantime, DD chose a slip of paper from "the magic envelope" in order to pick next week's movie and- naturally- it's one of the few non-Disney movies in there! It's "Yogi Bear", so that will be fun- I'm thinking picnic foods!
ehough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 07:39 PM   #1369
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcaks & Booze, Running PHM

Brother Bear 1 & 2

Dinner & a Movie Night
August 20th
Brother Bear 1 & 2

Activity: Berry Picking and Fishing

We decided to be bears all day on Saturday...with the boys doing a little stream fishing (the canyon had been closed most of the summer due to drought and now it is finally open...my boys were itching to hit the river. While they fished, the choke cherries were ripe so Ab and I sent our time picking them...they make a YUMMY jelly and syrup! Last year we missed them, they ripened early...so no jelly last year! I had planned for us to make totems...and then make a family totem pole, but in the rush to leave I left the art stuff behind!

Goo and his 1st fish for the day

Boo and his 1st fish for the day

Choke Cherries...I will not tell you how many signs of real bears we found when we were picking...

Ab picking...

Dinner: Le Cellier Cheddar Cheese Soup, Pretzel Bread, Northern Lights Drink, and Chocolate Mousse

Not exactly Le Cellier's recipe for Cheddar cheese soup...I added some potatoes and instead of making pretzel bread we just bought some frozen pretzels...perfect dinner (I had been craving soup, but 100+ temps don't mix)

Northern Light Drink...pretty yummy

In honor of Tutt and Rutt..I think these guys are 2 of favorite characters in all of Disney...I wanted to watch their version of the movie when they narrate it...but I was overruled!

momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:24 PM   #1370
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Birthday Party ideas??

i need help! i have been reading and making a word doc with all your ideas...
thank you everyone! Have been trying so hard to get threw this thread but there is SO MUCH information!!!

Help with a Disney Themed Birthday party??
My Triplets are turning 7 this Sept and asked them what kind of Party do you want this year? of course it is DISNEY!!! i love my kids!!!
i am having a hot dog bar and several side dishes, jumpy, pinata.. what else can and should i do?!?! i have 2 boys and 1 girl in the trio. Meghan is a huge Princess freak. and the boys are ANYTHING Disney. so the theme is general Disney. i need games and fun ideas about decorating!!! The only good idea i came up with is a hidden mickey game! you are all SO creative please help??!
Chicago Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:37 PM   #1371
JennStars9
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
i need help! i have been reading and making a word doc with all your ideas...
thank you everyone! Have been trying so hard to get threw this thread but there is SO MUCH information!!!

Help with a Disney Themed Birthday party??
My Triplets are turning 7 this Sept and asked them what kind of Party do you want this year? of course it is DISNEY!!! i love my kids!!!
i am having a hot dog bar and several side dishes, jumpy, pinata.. what else can and should i do?!?! i have 2 boys and 1 girl in the trio. Meghan is a huge Princess freak. and the boys are ANYTHING Disney. so the theme is general Disney. i need games and fun ideas about decorating!!! The only good idea i came up with is a hidden mickey game! you are all SO creative please help??!
Here's a game idea for you.. How about pin the tail on Eeyore?

JennStars9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:38 PM   #1372
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennStars9 View Post
Here's a game idea for you.. How about pin the tail on Eeyore?
thank you! added it!!
Chicago Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:28 PM   #1373
tmfranlk
Love hanging at the World with my sweet girls.

Location: physically in St. Louis, mentally in WDW, but a Boston girl at heart...Go Sox!

For pin the tail on eeyore at my DD's party I got grey-blue ribbon and put a button and a pink bow. They were do cute!
Old 08-22-2011, 08:10 PM   #1374
Kari-B
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Aren't the tombstones just to die for?

Ok, that was bad! Here's the link to them on the Disney Family site --> http://family.go.com/printables/arti...-tombstones-t/
Thanks!
Kari-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:19 AM   #1375
ehough
Mouseketeer

I think I have enough posts now to post pics of our Lady and the Tramp night.

Here's our menu- Tony's Spaghetti and Meatballs, Darling Garlic Bread (the store was out of breadsticks so I had to improvise!), Siamese Softie Cookies (just cookies I have been wanting to make anyway) and Pinot Leashio (apple juice).

I'm trying to keep this budget friendly. What I did for table settings was just stick printed pictures into report covers and voila! Placemats! And I will change the picture out every week. The "wine glasses" were from a pack of 6 at the Dollar Tree.

DD with her spaghetti and meatball craft (ok, purple spaghetti, but again, trying to keep it budget friendly so we just used what we had). DS didn't want any part of the nose/whiskers or the craft:

Eating spaghetti like Lady- she insisted I call her Lady all day.

Then she pulled a slip of paper from the "magic envelope" to determine next week's movie!

ehough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 02:28 PM   #1376
MissMickee
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." ~Walt Disney

Need ideas!!!!!! Plllleeeaaase!

I'm going to throw DS5 a Toy Story Midway Mania birthday party. I have lots of fun carnival/midway ideas for the party but I need ideas on a cake. I'm going to make some "popcorn" cupcakes but I want the main cake to be Toy Story-ish but also Midway Mania-ish. Does that make sense?

Thoughts?

TIA!

Off property 1987, 1996, 1997, 2000 ~ Caribbean Beach Resort September 2003 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge January 2005 ~ All Star Movies July 2005 ~ Contemporary MK View June 2007 ~ Polynesian Club Level June 2008 ~ POR & Polynesian July 2009 ~ Private Villa May 2011 ~ Private Villa June/July 2012 ~ Art of Animation May 2013
MissMickee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:09 PM   #1377
FloridaDreaming
Mouseketeer

When I think of TSM, I think of Mr. Potato Head. If I was going to make a cake, I'd make it look a little like the stage he's on in the queue and put a Mr. Potato Head right on top of it.

Sounds like a really fun party! I hope you will share pics.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:13 AM   #1378
disneygal58
DIS Veteran

I have not read through the thread - lol - but will share our traditions. We always do Planning Parties - my daughters are now 26 and 27 and we had our last one a few weeks ago.
We do 200 Day Countdown, 100 Day Countdown etc... with themed foods (we have the Mickey Cooks cookbook), trivia contests with prizes, print out menus and pick our ADRs, watch the planning DVD, favorite movies etc... I decorate the house on each countdown day with inflatable flamingos, palm trees and send a gift package when we can't get together.
Happy Planning!
Old 08-24-2011, 01:43 PM   #1379
Kari-B
Mouseketeer

Monster's Inc. Movie Night

So here is our latest movie night: Monster's Inc.

I had the kids wear their pajamas to go with the movie.

Doors Backdrop

Hard Hat

Mike & Sulley

Scream Canister (made using Clorox wipes container) - kids enjoyed screaming into it and filling it up with their screams

Scare Report (made it up on my computer)

Time Cards & Name Badges

Worker's Bagged Lunch (took the easy route and did bagged lunches for dinner)

Sulley Punch

Mike Cupcakes

Child's Bedroom (this was set up on the floor where we ate)

Sulley, Boo & Mike Masks

Games & Activities

After the movie was over the first thing we did was complete this Monster's Inc. puzzle.

Then we played Find Boo. I printed out a coloring page of Boo, colored it, cut it out & laminated it. Then we took turns hiding Boo behind doors in our house and racing to be the first to find Boo.

Design A Door

Then the kids took turns playing various online Monster's Inc. games.

Final activity was our Little Mikey craft (Mike's "teddy bear"). I made the Little Mikeys out of felt and stitched them up almost completely, but left a couple inch gap. The kids got to stuff their own Little Mikey doll, like Build A Bear. Then I quickly stitched up the gap. They loved toting them around for days and snuggling with him at night.

Monster's Inc. is such an adorable movie, I seriously just can not get enough of Boo. We had another great movie night and have been having fun quoting the movie now for days.
Kari-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:10 AM   #1380
Graciesmom77
DIS Veteran

Kari b, that was amazing!!!! Can we come over?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: