Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 796 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:09 PM   #1351
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcakes, Booze, & PHM

Great job everyone....I have most of these movies planned for this fall so I am be using some of your ideas!
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 02:20 PM   #1352
Becc1
DIS Veteran

Our latest movie day was Bolt. We started off with watching the movie, I have to admit although my kids must have watched this a half a dozen times, this was my first time sitting down with them and seeing it. I liked it, it was cute! During the movie they colored some pages I printed out online.

Next they ate lunch, cornDOGS and lightening Bolt fries. They of course ate out of dog dishes, but don't worry they were brand new, lol. No dessert but for a snack later they had dog bone shaped Rice Krispy treats, which they decided to try and eat without their hands like dogs!

[

Our craft was picture frames that they decorated with dog biscuits then I shellacked them them to seal it. I took a ton of pictures of our new puppy and the kids the other day at the park so they choose their favorite picture to put in thier frames. For our activity since Bolt was a tv star the kids used my video camera to make videos of our puppy, not the most exciting videos, mostly just them chasing him around the house but it kept them busy and they had fun

[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Can I really keep my mouth shut for the next 6 months?
Princesses don't hit, kick or spit! A May/June 2011 TR

Becc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2011, 12:56 AM   #1353
jubelee1872000
Mouseketeer

Our Indiana Jones Night

FIRST I am sorry for the super picture heavy post. Believe it or not I do shrink the photos quite a bit. But I loved this one..there were a ton more pics but these are my favorite. The week before last we had Indiana Jones Night. I did the bundt cake (although it was smaller than normal for some reason) and made it into a snake. We also made his head cut off because of it falling apart a bit..lol..but it came out great and the kids liked him that way..lol BOYS!

I printed out custom diaries with the Ark, Fertility statue, Cup of Christ and a map I made on Paintbrush

and hid the items around the house. For the Ark I printed a picture of it and put the cutout inside of a small paper lunch bag that said top secret and hid it in the bathroom..the cup of Christ was a goblet with a gold skeleton head that my son had for Halloween, for the fertility statue I used a gold toy of Ariel..DS8 LOVED this part, but DS2 wasn't into it.

Next I printed our names in "tiles" for the floor like in Indiana Jones and the last Crusade.

We made Indiana hats by taking cutting about an inch of each hat and the excess circle worked great to tie around. My son had been wearing his round town for the last two weeks..lol We made drew the map with lines all over the world for Indians travels on our yellow tablecover. I borrowed some different size glass bottles for the "poison" and "antidote" from Indiana and the Temple of Doom and also a lazy susan to be like the one they had on the table when trading for the Diamond.

I printed some pictures of the various movies and we had any Indiana toys that we had out. I also got little wooden snakes that came with paint for $1 at the craft store and the kids loved this, they are still playing with thier snakes.

Then of course we watched the movie. This one was a HIT!!
Old 08-16-2011, 09:11 AM   #1354
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Print?

Is there a way to print all this out??? these are the BEST IDEAS!!!
Chicago Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:04 AM   #1355
Deffenm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
Is there a way to print all this out??? these are the BEST IDEAS!!!
What I did is copy each idea into a word document. It took a little bit of time but it was nice to have all the ideas consolidated into one document that I could refer to. I could then also add my own ideas for movies that may not be mentioned here yet.
DD (10)

May 2005 - AsMov
Sept. 2006 - POP
Sept. 2007 - POR
Aug. 2008 - AKL
June. 2010 - CBR (Grand Gathering)
April 2012 - POP
Oct. 2014 - POP
Deffenm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:06 AM   #1356
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffenm View Post
What I did is copy each idea into a word document. It took a little bit of time but it was nice to have all the ideas consolidated into one document that I could refer to. I could then also add my own ideas for movies that may not be mentioned here yet.
91 pages... HERE I GO!
they are too good to pass up. thank you will be doing this now!
Old 08-16-2011, 02:08 PM   #1357
JennyLynn21
Mouseketeer

Can anybody give me ideas for 'Who framed Roger Rabitt'. We are going to Disneyland in Oct and I see they have a ride for them. Have not seen the movie in ages

I love Disney

JennyLynn21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 07:09 PM   #1358
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcakes, Booze, & PHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
91 pages... HERE I GO!
they are too good to pass up. thank you will be doing this now!
I know...I probably read the thread 2-3 times! Take notes...
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:09 PM   #1359
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post

I know...I probably read the thread 2-3 times! Take notes...
Exactly!!! seriously Dis needs to write a book... idea OVERLOAD!!!

i am trying to do something for the Kiddo's 10 days out before our trip the day we leave it will be a deal From Mickey saying something like Hiya Pals See ya real soon!!! NEED MORE!
Old 08-17-2011, 01:28 PM   #1360
jubelee1872000
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyLynn21 View Post
Can anybody give me ideas for 'Who framed Roger Rabitt'. We are going to Disneyland in Oct and I see they have a ride for them. Have not seen the movie in ages
Ok here are my who framed Roger Rabbit Ideas.

For a craft I would do magnifying glasses..Maybe out of like a papertowel roll or toilet paper roll for a handle and cardstock could make the cirlce for the part you look through. For a photo op you could do a "mug shot" area for when Roger gets his pic taken.

I am not sure on food but the bar is in alot of thier scences so you could do like snack bowls with peanuts, ect..maybe "beer" type clear cups with ice cream sundaes. I can't really rememeber any other scenes when they were eating but I know there probably was some. Maybe serve some carrots on the side for dinner veges? LOL. I may make the road to toon town on the ground running straight into the wall..or into the toon town entrance. You could put the "body" outline on the floor and some foot prints for the kids to investiage. I am not sure the ages of your kids. But, mine my DS8 would love if he could go on a mystery hunt to find clues to find out who whacked the person..lol..I can see him going around with his magnifying glass now. I am going to have to do this theme night too! You could do those "holes" that they throw around the room. And do chips and "DIP" for the toon "the dip". I'll let you know if I can think of anything else! Hope this helps!
Old 08-17-2011, 03:07 PM   #1361
Pinklemonade
Earning My Ears

Great thread
Pinklemonade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:28 PM   #1362
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Movie: Cars! (The original - when we did this night, Cars 2 hadn't yet come out.)

Decorations:
Route 66 signs
Checkered flag penants with McQueen and Mater
Folded checkered flag centerpiece with Cars toys
Hubcab (pie tins!) serving platters and plates

Food:
Radiator Wings (breaded chicken wings)
Sally's Caesar Salad
Luigi's Alfredo (fettucine with a roasted garlic alfredo sauce)
Mack's Meatballs with Mater's Oil (plum sauce)
Filmore's Traffic Lights (shortbread cookies with white icing holding red, green and (no yellow! ) orange M&M's)
Guido's Tower of Tires (chocolate mini donuts held with a Mickey straw surrounded by four 'snow tires' )
Cars fruit chews

Activities:
Tic Tac Tow Mater
Made drawings on personalized 5 x 7 picture frames
Put together a 3D Cars puzzle
Cars activity books
Cars Bingo!

Mickey_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:53 PM   #1363
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Movie:
The Incredibles

Decorations:
Red tablecloth, black placemats, yellow plates
Character printouts
Incredibles logo on black poster board for a centerpiece
"Pow!" "Bam!" and "Clank!" mini posters
Welcome to the National Supers Agency (NSA) sign with menu

Food:
Incredible Pot Roast
Syndrome's Super Yummy Potatoes
Edna's Vegetable Medley
Frozone's Ice Scream

Activities:
Incredibles activity sheets
Make your own Super masks
Save the Supers from Syndrome - Each clue solved led them to a hidden Super and the next clue.

The night was all about secret codes, super heroes, and thwarting evil plans -- muhwa-ha-ha!

Old 08-17-2011, 11:01 PM   #1364
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kari-B View Post
Mickey - Mom, great movie nights! LOVE the tombstones on the cupcakes for the Haunted Mansion. I am saving that movie for October and will have to remember that idea! I'm doing Monster's Inc this weekend and looks like we found some of the same things on the internet (name tags, masks, etc.) !
Aren't the tombstones just to die for?

Ok, that was bad! Here's the link to them on the Disney Family site --> http://family.go.com/printables/arti...-tombstones-t/

Love all the new posts!
Old 08-18-2011, 10:25 PM   #1365
ehough
Mouseketeer

Well, I finally made it through all 91 pages and I am excited to be here! Thanks to the inspiration from you all we are going to be starting "Sunday Funday"! Is it Sunday yet? DS is almost 2 and DD is 3.5.

We are planning a trip to WDW but it's just a super short, one day trip in December while we're already in Florida for a cruise. But, I don't want this to just be a pre-trip thing- this is going to be ongoing! We can always use some of that Disney magic. Since we have vacation as well as holidays coming up, one problem I may run into is that I don't want to spend a lot of money. I'm using whatever we have on hand and then of course we have to eat anyway, so buying food won't be a big deal, but I won't be doing a lot of decorating unless it's with things I can print off or things I have on hand.

We have a lot of Disney movies (some of which we haven't even seen- we got a bunch when I joined the Disney Movie Club and I've been getting them out gradually on rainy days!) and we also will be getting some of these from Netflix. And I have to admit we'll be doing a few non-Disney movies that we have in our collection (Shrek, Ice Age- big faves of both kids).

We're starting with "The Lady and the Tramp" on Sunday. Instead of planning out every week I've printed out slips with all the movies I'd like to try (um, about 50! ) and put them in a large envelope. At the end of each Sunday Funday one of the kids will pull a slip from the envelope and that will be our next movie- I like doing it that way because it will keep it more fun and less routine for me, we'll have plenty of time to get the movies we don't have from Netflix, and the kids can feel like they have some say.

Sorry for rambling. Excited to be here!
ehough is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: