Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2011, 03:36 PM   #1276
acomasdiaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom0709 View Post
These all look so awesome I want to do one today, my kids are young 2 and 3 maybe will put on tangled and I have to think of some crafts and snacks
I printed out coloring pages from Disney Family Fun for Tangled and the kids had a blast. As for snacks, you can go with pub type snacks, i.e. goldfish, pretzels, etc.

Have fun!
Old 06-13-2011, 07:43 PM   #1277
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcaks & Booze, Running PHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy drew View Post
Tammie, I really like seeing your movie nights. We've been doing low-key ones and I haven't been taking photos or posting for the same reason you wrote. We just don't go over the top anymore mostly due to time constraints, and I feel like I shouldn't post pictures or anything here. Maybe if I post some, you'll feel better!
Quote:
Originally Posted by acomasdiaz View Post
Tammie ~ You're definitely not alone...I haven't posted my pics either because I haven't gone all out lately but I will post them now.
Thanks, I am glad to know that I am not the only one! We are headed for our cabin for 4th of July...dh is coming home right after the 4th but the kids and I are staying the rest of the week...THEY WANT TO DO A MOVIE DAY EVERY DAY SINCE DAD WILL BE GONE (can you tell he is not sold on our fun)... guess I better get planning and see what I can pull off!
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2011, 07:44 PM   #1278
momabaarjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom0709 View Post
These all look so awesome I want to do one today, my kids are young 2 and 3 maybe will put on tangled and I have to think of some crafts and snacks
They are addicting...watch out!
Old 06-14-2011, 06:23 AM   #1279
Becc1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment3258 View Post
Have a wonderful trip!
[QUOTE=nancy drew;41445595]Lisa What a great reveal night! I hope you guys had an awesome trip! I'll have to sneak over to your trip report later .

QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMickee View Post
Great reveal Lisa!!! Have a FANTASTIC time!
Thanks everyone! We actually have been back a little over a week now! We had a fabulous time and even though our trip is done I do plan on keeping up with the theme nights. The kids have been itching to have one so I have plans in the works tight now for one

Can I really keep my mouth shut for the next 6 months?
Princesses don't hit, kick or spit! A May/June 2011 TR

Becc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:39 AM   #1280
acomasdiaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
Thanks, I am glad to know that I am not the only one! We are headed for our cabin for 4th of July...dh is coming home right after the 4th but the kids and I are staying the rest of the week...THEY WANT TO DO A MOVIE DAY EVERY DAY SINCE DAD WILL BE GONE (can you tell he is not sold on our fun)... guess I better get planning and see what I can pull off!
They sound like my kids...My DD told me that she was excited because her b.day 2 years from now will fall on a movie night (Sunday). Two years from now?! I think they are missing the countdown to the trip aspect of the movie nights.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:42 PM   #1281
Kari-B
Mouseketeer

A Bug's Life Movie Night

Our latest movie was A Bug's Life.

Instead of a regular dinner, this time I did lots of snacks.

Rosie's Black Widows (peanut butter balls dipped in chocolate, made legs using melted chocolate then drew them onto wax paper)

P.T.'s Fleas (sunflower seeds)

Francis' Ladybugs (Ritz crackers, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, beef sticks)

Hopper & Molt's Grasshopper Legs (french fries)

Flik's Grain (caramel corn)

Tuck & Rolls' Dirt Cups (crushed oreos, chocolate pudding, gummy bugs)

Dim's Beetles (BBQ meatballs)

Heimlich's Caterpillars (pickles, cream cheese, ham)

Dot's Bug Juice (cherry 7-Up)

Atta's Ants On A Log (Peanut Butter, celery, raisins)

Slim's Walking Sticks (pretzel rods)

After watching the movie and eating we started on crafts.

Flik & Atta Craft

Grasshopper Craft

Heimlich Craft

Then the kids went on a bug hunt.

Then we played/read a Bug's Life book that was find the differences in each picture.

Finally we put together a bug puzzle.

It was a fun night and a really cute movie enjoyed by the whole family. Next movie night will probably be Aladdin.
Kari-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 12:10 AM   #1282
myasma
Mouseketeer

Toy Story Three Night!!!

Tonight was our first Disney Movie Night!!!! It was nothing fancy, as we had just moved into a new house two weeks ago but it was still alot of fun and the kids enjoyed themselves immensely. While waiting for my sister to drop the kids off, I decorated a little by using sticky post its to make pictures of the galaxy and a banner that said "Welcome to Pizza Planet!" I also made some of Lottso's fruit salad with octopus hot dogs for the kids to snack on when they came in.

Again it was nothing fancy but the kids thought they were really at Pizza Planet from the movie. The first surprise to the kids was that two of their favorite playmates were invited and then we got busy coloring some Toy Story 3 coloring pages I got from the Disney family fun site.

After coloring, the kids made some yummy planet pizza and super galactic chocolate cupcakes. Along with the pizza I made T-rex chicken and woody's mac n cheese. The kids had some Lottso's strawberry soda with dinner. After we made the food, the kids played outside with some light up bubble blowers pretending that they were space rangers chasing bad guys. Only, all of them wanted to be bad guys! While they were outside, I was inside hiding the toy story figurines I printed off for our scavenger hunt. There was some tears from the smaller set due to lack of finding the figurines but that was quickly fixed when they realized they would all get a prize.

The Bad Guys

After all that fun, we finally ate dinner and dessert was make your own cupcake, like at Disney. The kids absolutely loved this part of our night. After eating, we watched the movie.

The kids really enjoyed this night and I did as well. I am already looking forward to our lilo and stitch luau night and am planning on doing a movie night every other week until our trip.
myasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:01 AM   #1283
ale022
Earning My Ears

DEC 1 "Dream" to the Bahamas- Fish Extender

First time cruiser, looking for info on this the fish extender. is this on all ships? Please help me find other fish extenders and give me ideas.
ale022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 12:32 PM   #1284
Villainess
Fantasy and reality often overlap - Walt Disney

Lady & the Tramp

We are counting down our trip with surprise Disney Days that include a themed day and movie. We had our first this past Tuesday and it was 'Lady & the Tramp'

Tinkerbell delivered a special postcard from Mickey declaring it 'Disney Day'

Activities included L&T coloring pages I found via Google and playing "Doggie Doggie, where's my bone?"

Lunch: hot dogs

Later in the afternoon, DD and DS helped me make cupcakes and meatballs

Menu and Table set-up

I served dessert while we watched the movie. I googled spaghetti cupcakes and found some pictures. I have been told that the recipe for these can be found in a book, "Hello Cupcake"

I used buttercream icing, raspberry preserves (as the sauce), Ferraro Rocher chocolates for the meatballs, and grated white chocolate for the parmesean cheese.

Villainess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:33 PM   #1285
basketkat
DIS Veteran

Love everyone's latest movie nights!!!!!

'01-Off Property '02-All Star Movies Honeymoon '10- All Star Movies'11- Coronado Springs'12- Dream Cruise to Bahamas/Wilderness Lodge'12- Disneyland
basketkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:56 PM   #1286
momabaarjo

Kari- As usual you put me to shame! Your 2 little ones are so precious! I love all the snack food ideas you came up with!

Shardai-I love the kids making their own pizza, and the more the merrier! Congrats on your new house...already making great family memories!

Danielle-Love seeing your little ones helping out in the kitchen too! I think this makes movie night even more fun! Your cupcakes look so yummy!
Old 06-18-2011, 01:57 PM   #1287
momabaarjo

Anyone want to guess which movie we are doing tonight?

Last edited by momabaarjo; 06-19-2011 at 07:04 AM.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:07 PM   #1288
myasma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post

Anyone want to guess which movie we are doing tonight?

My guess is Cars. Thank you for the congrats on the new house. I was worried about posting the pics since we have not fully unpacked and my phone camera does not do justice to the pics.
myasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:48 PM   #1289
nancy drew
DIS Veteran

Oh I love seeing these! Love the make your own pizza; I need to do that for our Toy Story night. I've slacked, but looking at the new posts has renewed my interest in Family Fun Night. That and the fact that we go to Disneyland in 8 or 9 weeks!!! I think we will do Cars soon, before we see the new movie.

Oh yeah, the spaghetti cupcakes are great! I made a spaghetti and meatballs cake for my mom's birthday last year, along with real spaghetti and meatballs. Both were prepared in a foil oven pan and placed on the table at the same time. It was so much fun! We used Cocoa Krispies to make Rice Krispie treats for the meatballs.

Me DD 10 DS 8
1982: Contemporary 1989: Contemporary 1998: Disneyland (day trip) 2005: Wilderness Lodge 2006: Wilderness Lodge 2007: Contemporary 2008: Disneyland (Park Vue) 2009: Disneyland (HoJo) 2010: Pop Century 2011: Disneyland (PPH/DLH) and Boardwalk 2012: San Diego and Disneyland (PPH) 2013: Polynesian and Port Orleans Riverside 2014: Dolphin and Disney Dream
nancy drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 07:02 AM   #1290
momabaarjo

Cars

Dinner & a Movie Night:
CARS
June 18, 2011

Goo is so excited for June 24, a date we have had marked on our calendar since the beginning of 2011…the day CARS 2 is released. He proudly calls himself Lightning McQueen’s #1 Fan. I must admit when this movie came out, we did not go see it (of course that was preGoo). I am not sure why, we just had no real big interest in it at the time, which is weird because we had Boo and dh is a big classic car type of guy and we live 9 blocks away from the iconic Route 66. We have made up not seeing the move when it came out, however!!!! Goo is currently on DVD number 3! We spend a lot of time traveling back and forth to Colorado to see my family as well as countless trips to our cabin in New Mexico…a couple of summers ago that was the only movie that Goo would watch…by the end of that summer we could all recite the entire movie along with the characters!

This was a fun movie night to do! I could actually decorate like everyone else because I think Goo has every CARS toy ever made! With Ab and Boo, I really did not get into any cartoonish characters… I just don’t like clothes with characters on them…I know you think I am crazy! Things changed with CARS…but only CARS (and a few Tink things when Ab was little).

Menu:

Grilled Lightyear Tires (hamburgers) & Casa De La Tire Special (onion rings stacked)

Mater Dip Sticks with Rustees Bumper Ointment (Veggies & Dip)

Fillmore’s V8 Organic Oil (V8 V fusion)

Lightning McQueen & Mater Cupcakes

Asphalt Sundaes (vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce, and crushed Oreos)

Activities:

Played Mater Tall Tales & Mater Nationals on the Wii

Made Cars Pixos (Found this kit on Wal-Mart clearance for $2.50)

Balloon Car Races

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: