Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 772 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:43 PM   #1246
basketkat
DIS Veteran

Love all of your movie nights Wendy! It looks like your family has been having a great time!

'01-Off Property '02-All Star Movies Honeymoon '10- All Star Movies'11- Coronado Springs'12- Dream Cruise to Bahamas/Wilderness Lodge'12- Disneyland
basketkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:05 AM   #1247
Fall1
DIS Veteran

Agent Wendy....adorable pictures! I especially LOVE the 'painting the wall's, great idea!! Might have to steal that one!!!!
Oct 2004 GF/BC Honeymoon, Oct 2005 BC, May 2006 BC, Oct 2009 BCV (twins 1st trip!), Oct 2010 BCV, Feb 2011 AKV, Oct 2011 BCV, Dec 2011 AKV, Mar 2012 SSR, Nov 2012 BCV, Apr 2013 BCV, Oct 2013 SSR, Apr 2014 1st Disney Cruise!! & BCV
Upcoming December 2014 BCV & 1st Universal trip!
me DH DS 7 DD 7
Fall1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-18-2011, 05:06 AM   #1248
Fall1
DIS Veteran

Question for those of you that watch the movie before dinner.....when do you do the craft? During the movie?

My kiddos are almost 4 (in a couple weeks!) and we are going to start doing the movie nuts either once a month or once every other week, but I know they won't be able to stay awake for a whole movie after dinner, so I want to have us watch it before.

Thanks!!
Oct 2004 GF/BC Honeymoon, Oct 2005 BC, May 2006 BC, Oct 2009 BCV (twins 1st trip!), Oct 2010 BCV, Feb 2011 AKV, Oct 2011 BCV, Dec 2011 AKV, Mar 2012 SSR, Nov 2012 BCV, Apr 2013 BCV, Oct 2013 SSR, Apr 2014 1st Disney Cruise!! & BCV
me DH DS 7 DD 7
Old 05-18-2011, 07:15 AM   #1249
Becc1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall1 View Post
Question for those of you that watch the movie before dinner.....when do you do the craft? During the movie?

My kiddos are almost 4 (in a couple weeks!) and we are going to start doing the movie nuts either once a month or once every other week, but I know they won't be able to stay awake for a whole movie after dinner, so I want to have us watch it before.

Thanks!!
For the most part we watch the movie before dinner. Even though my kids are 8, 7 and 4 they are still usually in bed by 8pm every night so watching a movie after dinner does not always work for us. I usually have the kids either do the craft in between the movie and dinner (in the kitchen while I'm cooking) or between dinner and dessert.

Can I really keep my mouth shut for the next 6 months?
Princesses don't hit, kick or spit! A May/June 2011 TR

Becc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:11 AM   #1250
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcakes, Booze, & PHM

Quote:

Thanks!!
We like doing ours on the weekend...the weeknights are so rushed and busy most of the time that it is a nice slowing break on Saturday or Sunday...usually we do the activity midafternoon (if we do one, I have 2 older and 1 younger...so I have to have something that will appeal to both ends). Then we fix dinner and as a treat get to eat dinner while watching the movie and then have the grand finale after the movie.
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:36 AM   #1251
Kari-B
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Thanks!!
We watch the movie and eat dinner at the same time. Then we do our crafts and games afterwards. We always do our movie nights on the weekends, so we start usually mid-afternoon.
Kari-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:49 AM   #1252
Kari-B
Mouseketeer

http://www.disboards.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=4115Tangled Movie Night

Here is our latest movie night: Tangled. What an adorable movie!

Rapunzel's Tower

Floating Lanterns

Rapunzel's Hair (I had actually just made this for my son's class to use in their class play, so it worked out great to use again for our party.)

Food & Sun Flags

Rapunzel's Hair (buttered noodles)

Rapunzel's Braids (canned breadsticks stretched and braided)

Salad (My daughter asked me what this was, I said "salad". She said "I know it's salad, but what is it?" She was disappointed it didn't have a neat name. Oops, I guess I won't make that mistake again.)

Jello Boats

Frying Pan Chocolate Cake

Games/Activities in next post...

Last edited by Kari-B; 05-18-2011 at 09:04 AM.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:02 AM   #1253
Kari-B
Mouseketeer

Tangled Movie Night

Coloring/Activity Booklet (while my husband and I cleaned up dishes the kids did this four page booklet. My daughter is also wearing a crown I made and pulled out during the movie.)

Pin The Nose On Flynn Rider (I printed this coloring sheet onto a transparency and then used my projector to trace it onto a piece of posterboard. I cut out various shaped noses and let the kids choose which nose they used.)

Hide And Seek With Pascal (used three different colored paper Pascals and took turns hiding them. It was fun to try and camouflage him around the room.)

Untangle Rapunzel's Hair (I took one roll of yellow crepe paper and made a tangled maze around our house for each of the kids to untangle. At the end they found a small prize.)

Frying Pan Catch (The kids were each armed with a frying pan and tried to catch the colorful pom-poms we threw in the air.)

Last edited by Kari-B; 05-31-2011 at 10:32 PM.
Old 05-21-2011, 03:44 PM   #1254
momabaarjo

Honey, I Shrank the Kids

Dinner & a Movie Night:
Honey, I Shrank the Kids
May 28, 2011

Boy this movie is a blast from the past to the 80s. I remember seeing this movie at the theater. As we watched, I had to laugh at all the 80s clothes and hairstyles. Remember when Rick Moranis was a HUGE actor…I wonder what has happened to him. The one thing I am getting from all these older movies (dare I say older…cause that makes me old) is that technology has come A LONG way when it comes to making movies!

This was a pretty quiet and easy movie night (making up for not having one last week). Boo went to a boy’s sleepover after school and Jeff (dh) went to out cabin in New Mexico with 2 of his cousins and a friend to open up the cabin for the summer, as well as to celebrate his birthday with a little fishing.

Activity:
We made shrinky-dinks. I outlined a few pages from so of Goo’s favorite coloring books (Pokemon and Lightning McQueen) for him to color. Ab decided to trace the elblems off her favorite books…Hunger Games Series (and was nice enough to let Goo color one of them). The kids decided they were going to hang them off their backpacks and pull tags.

Dinner:
Mini Cheeseburgers, Mini tortilla chips, Mini Rootbeers, and Mini ice cream cones

Old 05-26-2011, 05:59 PM   #1255
C&AsMommy11
Mouseketeer

Tangled

We did a Tangled night a couple of weeks ago. We had fun with this one too!

Our menu said:
Rapunzel's Angel hair pasta
Mother Gothel's spaghetti sauce
Flynn's chicken strips
Pub Thug's braided bread and cheese
Maximus' apples
Pascal's cupcakes (didn't get to make these)

Everything was served in frying pans
For our activites, we colored Flynn's Wanted posters and made 3-D Pascals. I can't find my picture of Pascal but here's the kids coloring...

And the center piece I made:

After the kids were all done, we hung up the pictures. You can also see my Rapunzel hair braid.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:21 AM   #1256
Fall1
DIS Veteran

We did our first movie night last night!! It was a HUGE hit, the kids were so excited!!! We started with Peter Pan because that has been my kids favorite for awhile now. We colored pirate ship flags and attempted to make Michael's teddy bears - that turned out to be a 2 day craft we'll have to finish today.
We had a blast. We had pirate ship pizzas, pirate's gold (corn) and fruit swords. For dessert we made pixie dust cookies, with extra sugar (pixie dust) and colored sprinkles the kids put in the batter.

We'll definitely be doing more, it was so fun to do and plan! Here's some pictures
The kids helping me decorate.

Making pixie dust cookies

Coloring pirate ship flags

The completed table

Doing ARGGGGGGGGGG with fruit swords

Eating pixie dust cookies

The kids thought the gold pirate coins made 'hidden Mickey's'.....they are Disney kids

Making Michael's teddy bears.

me DH DS 7 DD 7
Old 06-02-2011, 08:19 PM   #1257
momabaarjo

Dinner & a Movie Night: The Incredibles

Dinner & a Movie Night:
The Incredibles
May 22, 2011

The kids and I decided to squeeze in another movie while Jeff was away for the weekend fishing for his birthday. We had planned to do a double feature with Spiderman…and do the whole superhero theme, but in the end we just did 1 movie (and that was enough for me).

I like this movie. We all get a kick out of Jack-Jack in the end turning into a little devil…Boo thinks that Jack-Jack is Goo (a hidden little devil). I have to say I love the banter between Mr. Incredible and Elasta-Girl.

Activity: We made ourselves into super hero paper dolls and of course Goo had to have a cape and mask.

Dinner: Super Hero Sandwich, Mr. Incredible Dip & Chips, Very Violet Berry Salad, PowerAde…and for dessert Superhero Bomb Pops

Old 06-04-2011, 08:02 PM   #1258
Kari-B
Mouseketeer

Dinosaur Movie Night

So our latest movie night was Dinosaur, I movie I didn't even know existed. After finding out about it I decided it would be a fun one to do since there is the Dinosaur ride at AK. Along with all the other dinosaur theme stuff there as well.

For dinner we had...
Carnivore's Delight (chicken legs)

Dinosaur Eggs (loaded baked potatoes)

Herbivore Salad

Fossil Bread

Swamp Goo (pistachio pudding)

Prehistoric Blood (fruit punch)

Dessert : Lava Cakes (chocolate cake baked in popover pans, frosting)

Drink Charms

After dinner and the movie we moved onto activities and games. The first was making fossil necklaces.

Dinosaur Egg Toss

Dinosaur Fossils (made homemade playdoh brown and used toy dinosaurs to make imprints)

Dinosaur Hunt (I made little books with ten different stamps on alternating pages. Then I hid the stamp, ink pad and a dinosaur in each of ten various places around the house. The kids had to find the correct stamp, in order, then stamp it in their book.)

T-Rex Model (we attempted to put together as a family, although it was more of a one person job.)

It was another fun movie night! Next up, A Bug's Life.

Last edited by Kari-B; 06-04-2011 at 08:08 PM.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:45 PM   #1259
thmar
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kari-B View Post
So our latest movie night was Dinosaur, I movie I didn't even know existed. After finding out about it I decided it would be a fun one to do since there is the Dinosaur ride at AK. Along with all the other dinosaur theme stuff there as well.

For dinner we had...
Carnivore's Delight (chicken legs)

Dinosaur Eggs (loaded baked potatoes)

Herbivore Salad

Fossil Bread

Swamp Goo (pistachio pudding)

Prehistoric Blood (fruit punch)

Dessert : Lava Cakes (chocolate cake baked in popover pans, frosting)

Drink Charms

After dinner and the movie we moved onto activities and games. The first was making fossil necklaces.

Dinosaur Egg Toss

Dinosaur Fossils (made homemade playdoh brown and used toy dinosaurs to make imprints)

Dinosaur Hunt (I made little books with ten different stamps on alternating pages. Then I hid the stamp, ink pad and a dinosaur in each of ten various places around the house. The kids had to find the correct stamp, in order, then stamp it in their book.)

T-Rex Model (we attempted to put together as a family, although it was more of a one person job.)

It was another fun movie night! Next up, A Bug's Life.
What awesome ideas you have!!

"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." Walt Disney

God Bless...

thmar
thmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 05:50 PM   #1260
Kari-B
Mouseketeer

Thank you, Thmar!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: