Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2011, 05:23 PM   #1201
C&AsMommy11
Mouseketeer

Our first movie night:

Aladdin
I made up a menu for the kids. It looked like this:

If you can't see it, our menu consisted of: Aladdin kabobs, Geni's couscous/rice, Jasmine and Rajas fruit salad, Sultan's Wine (kiwi strawberry juice), and Abu's monkey bread.

For activities, we made our own "Flying Magic Carpets" and we made "Abu" hats. The kids had a blast!

Rory's carpet and hat:

Caleb's carpet and hat:

Up next: Tangled
Old 04-26-2011, 07:31 PM   #1202
nancy drew
DIS Veteran

I LOVE the spaghetti and meatball cupcakes! How cute!!

The tv (and the cutie pie "on" tv) is such a cute idea!

I'm still laughing at the "Cobra Bubbles" and I want to eat all of that fruit!!

Those wontons look yummy! I wonder if they make egg-free wonton wrappers? Mmmmmmm....

Love the magic carpets!

I need help from the Family Fun Night creative minds! We went to WDW in December, and I surprised the kids by planning a Mickey themed night. The activity was a scavenger hunt with a decoder page. The page said "Guess where we are going in December?" and there were blank spaces at the bottom with numbers below them. They had to search for Mickey head cards with math problems on them. Each math problem had a letter as the answer, so 4+3=D was one of them, for example. The letters spelled out "Disney World" and that was the big reveal.

So now we are going to Disneyland (CA) this summer, and I'd like to surprise them with another Family Fun Night reveal. Help! What should I do? Hit me with your best ideas!

Me DD 10 DS 8
1982: Contemporary 1989: Contemporary 1998: Disneyland (day trip) 2005: Wilderness Lodge 2006: Wilderness Lodge 2007: Contemporary 2008: Disneyland (Park Vue) 2009: Disneyland (HoJo) 2010: Pop Century 2011: Disneyland (PPH/DLH) and Boardwalk 2012: San Diego and Disneyland (PPH) 2013: Polynesian and Port Orleans Riverside 2014: Dolphin and Disney Dream
nancy drew is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2011, 07:13 AM   #1203
momabaarjo
You might be a Disney Princess, but I'm a Disney Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy drew View Post

I need help from the Family Fun Night creative minds! We went to WDW in December, and I surprised the kids by planning a Mickey themed night. The activity was a scavenger hunt with a decoder page. The page said "Guess where we are going in December?" and there were blank spaces at the bottom with numbers below them. They had to search for Mickey head cards with math problems on them. Each math problem had a letter as the answer, so 4+3=D was one of them, for example. The letters spelled out "Disney World" and that was the big reveal.

So now we are going to Disneyland (CA) this summer, and I'd like to surprise them with another Family Fun Night reveal. Help! What should I do? Hit me with your best ideas!

How about a scavenger hunt? Here is a link to my idea for revealing in my PTR. I am using items that don't give away Disney but are related. Maybe you could come up with some of your own to fit your family.

Items: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...9&postcount=16

Clues, Locations, Tasks: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...9&postcount=16
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:11 PM   #1204
LovingDisney11
Earning My Ears

Any other ideas for a 101 Dalmations night?

We had our first movie "Countdown to Disney" night and the kids had a blast!!! Thanks so much for all the ideas.

Hot Dogs, Cookies and cream ice cream? Help!!!
Old 04-27-2011, 11:00 PM   #1205
nancy drew
DIS Veteran

I like the scavenger hunt idea. Maybe we will do that. Hmmmm... must keep thinking...

101 Dalmatians:

Dinner Ideas:
"Bones" hot dogs wrapped in breadstick dough
Chocolate chip pancakes (they have spots!!)
Hush Puppies
Use bone shaped cookie cutters to cut cheese or deli meat slices, or entire sandwiches
"Puppy Chow" Find the recipe on the box of Rice Chex: melt chocolate chips, mix with peanut butter and coat Rice Chex, coat with powdered sugar. Recipe also found here: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Puppy-Chow/Detail.aspx

Activities:
Find the puppies! Print out clip art of the puppies and hide them around the house.
Do a doggy training course, pushing a ball around with your nose, jumping over obstacles, crawling through tunnels, etc.
Teach an old dog a new trick! Take turns pretending to be a dog, and have other family members teach you a trick! Perform your trick for the others.

Me DD 10 DS 8
1982: Contemporary 1989: Contemporary 1998: Disneyland (day trip) 2005: Wilderness Lodge 2006: Wilderness Lodge 2007: Contemporary 2008: Disneyland (Park Vue) 2009: Disneyland (HoJo) 2010: Pop Century 2011: Disneyland (PPH/DLH) and Boardwalk 2012: San Diego and Disneyland (PPH) 2013: Polynesian and Port Orleans Riverside 2014: Dolphin and Disney Dream
Old 04-28-2011, 05:50 AM   #1206
LovingDisney11
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy drew View Post
I like the scavenger hunt idea. Maybe we will do that. Hmmmm... must keep thinking...

101 Dalmatians:

Dinner Ideas:
"Bones" hot dogs wrapped in breadstick dough
Chocolate chip pancakes (they have spots!!)
Hush Puppies
Use bone shaped cookie cutters to cut cheese or deli meat slices, or entire sandwiches
"Puppy Chow" Find the recipe on the box of Rice Chex: melt chocolate chips, mix with peanut butter and coat Rice Chex, coat with powdered sugar. Recipe also found here: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Puppy-Chow/Detail.aspx

Thank you soooo much! Forgot all about "Puppy Chow" and that's one of my favorites.

Activities:
Find the puppies! Print out clip art of the puppies and hide them around the house.
Do a doggy training course, pushing a ball around with your nose, jumping over obstacles, crawling through tunnels, etc.
Teach an old dog a new trick! Take turns pretending to be a dog, and have other family members teach you a trick! Perform your trick for the others.

Thank you so much! Forgot all about "puppy chow" and that's one of my favorites. Chocolate Chip pancakes are one of their favs. Thanks again!
Old 04-29-2011, 08:30 PM   #1207
MissMickee
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." ~Walt Disney

Tonight's movie night was Toy Story themed.

Our menu was Pizza Planet inspired. Pizza, french fries, mozzarella sticks, onion rings and burger sliders. To wash all that down, we had "Refueling Fluid" in both cola and apple flavors.

Note the Army Men and Monkey's (you know, the ones from the barrel), sneaking in for a bite to eat?

This FANTASTIC rocket ship stand was inspired by a DIY tutorial I found on Catch My Party. Thanks Leslie I! The only changes I made were the use of tin foil rather than aluminum flashing and scrapbooking paper rather than colored Duct tape. I also added the Galactic Alliance and Space Ranger logos.

For dessert we made "Delicious Hot Schomes". Or in this case, cold s'more pops.

Put the marshmallow on a skewer (sharp point snipped off!). Carefully dunk it in melted milk chocolate, then into graham cracker crumbs. Then stand it up in a vase so the chocolate hardens a little. Or...

... just dive right in.

For movie snacks we had.... Alien cupcakes, Sheriff cookies, Jessie's hat cookies....

Chocolate coins, aka Pork Bellies. You know, money from inside Hamm?

Toy Story fruit snacks and...

Al's Cheese Curls.

The best part of the night was playing in our photo booth! I printed out "hats" from the movie and taped them to skewers (again, snip off the points!). They made perfect photo booth props!

It is *impossible* to get both kids to look at the camera at the same time. Seriously, impossible.

Off property 1987, 1996, 1997, 2000 ~ Caribbean Beach Resort September 2003 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge January 2005 ~ All Star Movies July 2005 ~ Contemporary MK View June 2007 ~ Polynesian Club Level June 2008 ~ POR & Polynesian July 2009 ~ Private Villa May 2011 ~ Private Villa June/July 2012 ~ Art of Animation May 2013
MissMickee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:59 PM   #1208
tmfranlk
Love hanging at the World with my sweet girls.

Location: physically in St. Louis, mentally in WDW, but a Boston girl at heart...Go Sox!

LOVE LOVE LOVE the photo booth idea, Lisa!

.............Art of Animation, I hope! -- March 14-23, 2014
tmfranlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:33 PM   #1209
basketkat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmfranlk View Post
LOVE LOVE LOVE the photo booth idea, Lisa!
Me too!!! Super fun!

'01-Off Property '02-All Star Movies Honeymoon '10- All Star Movies'11- Coronado Springs'12- Dream Cruise to Bahamas/Wilderness Lodge'12- Disneyland
basketkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 05:05 AM   #1210
Snickals
Australian Princess...in Training

Such great ideas! I love looking at all the photos...you are all so creative!
29 October - 11 December 2013 - Pop Century Resort first 3 weeks Pennsylvania for 3 weeks; experienced snow for first time!

Snickals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 02:53 PM   #1211
Kari-B
Mouseketeer

Lisa, LOVE the Toy Story movie night. Did you design those food labels? Happen to have a download for them? Awesome ideas!!!
Kari-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 03:54 PM   #1212
MissMickee
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." ~Walt Disney

Sure thing Kari! Here you go...

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...YWQ0Mjlh&hl=en

Off property 1987, 1996, 1997, 2000 ~ Caribbean Beach Resort September 2003 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge January 2005 ~ All Star Movies July 2005 ~ Contemporary MK View June 2007 ~ Polynesian Club Level June 2008 ~ POR & Polynesian July 2009 ~ Private Villa May 2011 ~ Private Villa June/July 2012 ~ Art of Animation May 2013
MissMickee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 08:35 PM   #1213
nancy drew
DIS Veteran

Love the Toy Story night! Very creative ideas!

We had Finding Nemo night tonight. Nothing too exciting, but the kids really enjoyed it! I had a Nemo fabric I had bought long ago that worked as a partial table cover. The kids gathered all of their ocean themed animals, both stuffed and other, and decorated the table while I made dinner. I'm a vegan now, so I made myself something different and forgot to take photos, but I had Shark Bait tacos (BBQ vegan shreds in a taco shell) and seaweed (spinach with margarine and vegan parmesan). The kids cut out the signs, so that's why some of them look a little rough. I like having them help, though.

Here is what the kids had:

Squirt's Sushi Rolls (avocado maki)

Octo-dogs and Anemone and Cheese

Ocean water

Guppy food; the sign says (popcorn, Kix cereal, Smart Puffs, and gummy sharks)

Tank Gang (Blue Jello with gummy fish)

We didn't have time to play "Find Nemo" but I might do that quickly before they go to bed. I'll hide a Nemo toy somewhere and let them take turns finding him.

Me DD 10 DS 8
Old 05-01-2011, 01:19 PM   #1214
Becc1
DIS Veteran

Yesterday we had our Peter Pan theme day/night. I had to switch our dinner to lunch because of Christian's baseball game being switched around but it all worked out. Decor was mostly some Peter Pan toys and books of the kids along with a few printouts and Emily had fun placing some skull and crossbones cutouts on the walls all over the downstairs. The kids started off with watching the movie, movie snacks were popcorn and fairy wands (chocolate covered pretzel rods). I snuck out towards the end to get lunch ready which was french bread pirate ships and fruit kabob swords. After lunch the kids did some crafts, they painted treasure chests and colored swords. We then took a break and headed over to Christian's baseball game, I took along some Peter Pan coloring pages for them to do while there. After the game we came home, had crocodile cupcakes with cannonballs (chocolate ice cream balls covered in sprinkles or smashed oreo cookies) and we played the Peter Pan game I printed out from online.

Emily did a great job with the decorating

Don't laugh but I didn't realize that the napkins said Happy Birthday until Ben pointed it out!

Movie Snacks

Fruit kabob swords

Pirate Ships pizzas

Craft Time

Finished products

You have to use your imagination a bit, they are supposed to be crocodiles

Cannonballs

Can I really keep my mouth shut for the next 6 months?
Princesses don't hit, kick or spit! A May/June 2011 TR

Becc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 02:20 PM   #1215
Kari-B
Mouseketeer

Great Nemo movie night Nancy Drew!!!

Another fabulous theme Becc1!!!
Kari-B is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: