Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2011, 03:41 PM   #1186
ImaDVCwannabe
Mouseketeer

WOW just found this thread and I love it. You guys are awesome. I want to try doing this with my family.

Disney World Honeymoon Pop Jan 2008
ImaDVCwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:06 PM   #1187
Becc1
DIS Veteran

This week's movie was Lady and the Tramp! The kids have never seen it and I haven't seen it in such a long time so it was a great night! We started the afternoon off with crafts, the kids painted wooden dog plaques and ceramic dogs. They also painted my kitchen table but that wasn't planned, lol. After crafts the kids munched on mozzarella sticks and caesar salad while I finished up with dinner. Dinner was eggplant parmesan (I made this last night so I could easily heat it up tonight) and spaghetti and meatballs. We also had breadsticks that were supposed to look like bones although only a few came out right, lol. Dessert was spaghetti and meatball cupcakes and tiramisu that I had my DH bring me from his restaurant. After dinner we all got in our pj's, the kids got their sleeping bags and blankets and we settled in the family room to watch the movie.

Craft time

I don't usually condone this kind of behavior at the dinner table but it was Lady and the Tramp night after all!

The kids invited a few friends to watch the movie with us!

Movie time

Can I really keep my mouth shut for the next 6 months?
Princesses don't hit, kick or spit! A May/June 2011 TR

Last edited by Becc1; 04-16-2011 at 12:31 PM.
Becc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2011, 08:03 AM   #1188
MeMom
DIS Veteran

We had Bella's two year old birthday party this month. She was very happy with her 'gawgie pahty'. (Toddler speak for doggie party. )

The cake.

The food.

The photo op.

The goodie bags.

The craft.

Doggie obstacle course.

They jumped over, under, around, and through, barked at a snake (rubber, I promise), caught a fish in the pond, and ran a raccoon up the tree. They finished by getting a rice krispy dog bone out of the bowl.

The bones.

The birthday girl giving out the party bags.

We had a good time, and it was a fun and simple party - just the family (all the little cousins) and one family friend.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 08:06 AM   #1189
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becc1 View Post

When my kids were growing up, I babysat on weekends. This is the way our Friday and Saturday evenings ended, with kids sprawled out all over the room in sleeping bags falling asleep to Disney movies. Such fun times!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 08:43 PM   #1190
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcaks & Booze, Running PHM

Dinner & a Movie Night...Mulan

Dinner & a Movie Night
Mulan
April 16, 2011

Mulan always makes me laugh at the voices… Donny Osmond and Eddie Murphy in a Chinese roles?

Menu: Chinese Take Out (from our favorite Chinese restaurant) and Wanton Banana Splits

Activity: Chinese Lanterns (after Goo saw another movie night post he wanted to know why we were not making crafts…guess I now have to some up with a craft too) and looking at pictures of China in Epcot

Making Chinese Lanterns

Finished Lanterns (good reason to dust the ceiling fan)

Chinese Take Out (lots of yummy leftovers for lunches this week)

Making Wantons
*Each one was filled with chocolate chips and either a piece of pineapple, strawberry, or banana…

Wanton Banana Split
* I modified the dessert from Yak & Yeti since I could not find the recipe but found one for strawberry chocolate wontons and came up with this idea…scoop of vanilla ice cream, whip cream, chopped bananas-strawberries-pineapple, and wantons

momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:44 AM   #1191
DisneyJonesGirl
Disney Jones Girl

This is 1 of the BEST threads I've stumbled upon on here! i LOVE it keep it coming!
DisneyJonesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:33 AM   #1192
JMat
Mouseketeer

Best Thread Ever Took me 3 days to get through all of it.... and now im sad its over! I love these ideaaaasss
Old 04-20-2011, 09:49 AM   #1193
MissMickee
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." ~Walt Disney

Movie Night #3!! Lilo & Stitich! I heart Lilo & Stitch!! I really, really do! Our movie night was so fun (shocking, I know ).

On the menu....

I wanted a palm tree for our centerpiece, but rather than spending $5+ on a party store, throw away one, we MADE one! Using my little one's "palms".

I posted a tutorial on how to make it on my blog. http://purplepatchparties.blogspot.c...-tutorial.html

This movie is before my kid's time so we don't have one single Lilo or Stitch toy. So, I printed some clipart and make "standys" out of them. lol

For appetizers we had fruit and Pudge's peanut butter sushi.

I put a tutorial for the sushi on my blog too. http://purplepatchparties.blogspot.c...-tutorial.html

I plan to add jelly and make them for lunch today. Funny how kids will eat anything when you make it "fun" huh?

For dinner we had Stitch's Sweet & Sour Chicken Kebobs and Pleakley's Pilaf.

To drink we had Jumba Juice.

And for dessert, we had OMG Lilo Lava Cakes. OMG. They were SO yummy! OMG! I got the recipe on the Pioneer Woman's website. http://thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kit...hocolate-cake/ They were DELICIOUS!

Besides the "palm" tree, we also made grass skirts out crepe paper and played with Cobra Bubbles.

For movie snacks we had goldfish crackers, swedish fish, tropical dried fruit and homemade coconut macaroons.

Our next movie night will be Toy Story. Only 4 weeks from today until we leave!!!!! I can't believe how fast these last 3 weeks have FLOWN by, these movie nights are definitely helping!!

Off property 1987, 1996, 1997, 2000 ~ Caribbean Beach Resort September 2003 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge January 2005 ~ All Star Movies July 2005 ~ Contemporary MK View June 2007 ~ Polynesian Club Level June 2008 ~ POR & Polynesian July 2009 ~ Private Villa May 2011 ~ Private Villa June/July 2012 ~ Art of Animation May 2013
MissMickee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 03:56 PM   #1194
hmack
Mouseketeer

The parties and pics posted lately have been AWESOME.

April is Pirates of the Caribbean (the first one) month. None of us have seen any of the movies, so I'm looking forward to it.

But I've got to get to it -- I'm running out of April!

I'll have to do some research for some ideas.

CBR - 2006
CSR - 2008
POR-Riverside - 2012

hmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:59 AM   #1195
Becc1
DIS Veteran

We had an impromptu theme night last night. The kids are on spring break this week and I've been trying to keep them busy everyday with things. So this morning I decided to do a theme night, I had already gotten The Jungle Book from Netflix so it was easy to decide what movie to do! Decor was a challenge, I didn't feel like running around to the stores with the kids so I went with what I had around, The Lion King decor made a second appearance, lol. I printed a Jungle Book game off of the computer for the kids to play and they made King Louie crowns and colored coloring pages as crafts. We started off the night with the crafts and played a few rounds of the game. While I finished up dinner the kids played Disney's Sing It on Wii and sang The Jungle Book songs. Dinner was roast beef, roasted potatoes, asparagus and caesar salad, no special meal planned since I decided to do this last minute. Dessert was Baloo cupcakes! Once again after dinner we all got in our pj's and settled in to watch the movie, even big brother Christian who was totally not feeling well, stayed for the movie to make his brothers and sister happy

Can I really keep my mouth shut for the next 6 months?
Princesses don't hit, kick or spit! A May/June 2011 TR

Becc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 08:52 AM   #1196
figment3258
DIS Veteran

These parties just seem to get better and better. We are going to start to plan to do them every Friday again. Now I just need to star planning and thinking which movie to do
Old 04-23-2011, 11:36 AM   #1197
basketkat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment3258 View Post
These parties just seem to get better and better. We are going to start to plan to do them every Friday again. Now I just need to star planning and thinking which movie to do
I need to get back in the swing of things too!

'01-Off Property '02-All Star Movies Honeymoon '10- All Star Movies'11- Coronado Springs'12- Dream Cruise to Bahamas/Wilderness Lodge'12- Disneyland
basketkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 05:49 PM   #1198
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcaks & Booze, Running PHM

Dinner & a Movie Night: Beauty & the Beast (April 23, 2011)

Dinner & a Movie Night
Beauty & the Beast
April 23, 2011

This probably in my top 5 of Disney movies, just because it brings back a happy memory. DH took me to see in while we were dating, I was stunned that a guy would go to a Disney movie (let alone a Princess movie)…guess he was trying to score some major points with me (guess it worked because I married him). I am not sure that 18 years later (has it been that long) he would do it today!

Activities: We started out the day with a trip to library to return some books and pick out some more. This is a weekly trip for us, like Belle our family loves books. Ab goes through about a book a day! We made it for story time, but I forgot my camera! The head children’s librarian, Mr. Pat, is our favorite. It is always a pleasure to listen to him read or story tell. We returned home we painted mugs, referencing Chip from the movie. I had planned to take the kids to the local ceramic store to paint, but yesterday we found these great mug kits while at Michael’s…$6 for all 3 kits (lots cheaper than the ceramic store.) We did things a little different and watched the movie in the afternoon…it was cool today and not a great day to be outside, plus we have Easter Vigil mass tonight and I wanted to get the movie in.

Making Mugs

Finished Mugs

Dinner: Chicken Cordon Belle, Enchanted Forest Trees (Broccoli), French Bread, and Herb Rice…for dessert Enchanted Rose Strawberry Shortcakes

momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 06:18 PM   #1199
ilovepete
DIS Veteran

Wow you guys truly amaze me!!
Old 04-25-2011, 08:18 AM   #1200
hmack
Mouseketeer

Yesterday we combined Easter with Pirates of the Carribean:Curse of the Black Pearl (? I think that's what it's called)

Anyway, it made for an interesting combination.

Our menu:
Captain Jack's Jax (a brand of cheese doodles)
Cannon-ball Subs (turkey meatball subs)
Fresh Tropical Fruit salad
and Rootbear

For dessert - we were going to do cupcakes, my DD16 asked if I could find candies they could use to make a butt on the top of the cupcakes. I said, "a butt?" and she said - "you know a pirate's booty"....

We ended up doing something not pirate related at all in the end - my husband made strawberry shortcake.

We played a game of - pin the eye-patch on the pirate. But the big activity was a treasure hunt/easter egg hunt -- it took about an hour and it was SO FUN

Clues:
- On the ship we sleep in tight quarters
look in the room that could be featured on the room ________
Answer: "hoarders" - which was my dd11's room.

- Some times when you come across a sea creature it's good to run away quick
Other times you can poke it with a ____________
Answer: "stick" - dd16 has this stick she picked up for a recent trip, it's sitting in the back of the JEEP

- Sometimes to be a survivor we eat food that's gone stale
But unlike the show, we don't get ____________________
Answer: "treemail" a reference to the show Survivor - I hide that egg in our weeping willow tree

- These days masts are getting higher and higher
I don't think a sail would fit in the _________
Answer: dryer

- Who could pick up a mighty ship? I don't know who
When going to the lake I'd rather use the ______________
Answer: canoe

- At Disney you'll find us next to the _ _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ _
You'll find the next clue in someone's ____________
Answer: Jungle Cruise - Shoes

- At Disney the nearest quick-serve is named for a guy named _ _ _ _ _/ _ _ _ _
Look where you'd go if you were feeling quite ____________
Answers: Pecos Bill - ill. I hid this one in the bathroom

- Rhyme the next clue with the missing number
At Disney our plundge is 1_ feet
Look for your next clue behind every _______
Answers: four - door

- On the ride we don't like it if you use a ______________
If you want to come visit, you'll need to save up some _______
Answers: flash - cash. I hid it in our spare change container

- To find your treasure don't look in a hole
It's better to look in a big wooden ____________
Answer - bowl. I filled a bowl with goodies and put it in the pantry.

All and all we had a great time!

CBR - 2006
CSR - 2008
POR-Riverside - 2012

hmack is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: