Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2011, 07:23 AM   #1171
Becc1
DIS Veteran

Last night we did a Tangled movie night. The kids had been looking forward to this one all week. We started the day off early with making some paper lanterns for decorations, these came out really cute, the pictures don't do them justice. While I was prepping dinner the kids colored Flynn Wanted posters, Snuggly Duckling coasters and a 3D Pascal. For starters we had brie cheese and bread (like the baquette and cheese Flynn and Rapunzel have). We then moved onto Rapunzel's favorite hazelnut soup. I got the recipe from here http://family.go.com/disney/pkg-disn...zelnut-soup-t/ Let me just say that it was a huge disappointment, I had such high hopes and it took quite some time for me to prepare and for me and my DH it fell flat. And when I say it fell flat I mean it was gross, maybe I did something wrong but it was not even edible to me. My kind MIL actually said she liked it and ate some and I felt really bad for her, lol. Done with that diaster we wandered over to the Snuggly Duckling and sat down for the main course, Pascal's picatta (chicken picatta), Rapunzel's angel Hair pasta, Flynn's chicken fingers (for my picky eaters) and orange biscuit braids. The meal was delicious and for dessert we had berry jello with orange sliced boats and Pascal inspired cupcakes. After dinner all sat down and enjoyed the movie.

Can I really keep my mouth shut for the next 6 months?
Princesses don't hit, kick or spit! A May/June 2011 TR

Becc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 01:38 PM   #1172
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcaks & Booze, Running PHM

Since I love this thread...and compiled so many ideas

I love this thread! In the mist of planning a surprise Christmas trip for my family I realized that ds#2 does not have the Disney character experiences that my tow older children had...guess being an OOPS child (8 years difference from my oldest) he just did not get the vidoe watching. So we started a dinner and a movie night so he could play catch in with Disney characters! Our spin is a little different, my two oldest are really out the craft/project age so instead they are helping make the dinners and we are having Dinner and a Movie night. This has been such a hit they do not even want to go OUT to dinner on the weekends!

Here are links to our first 3 nights:

Toy Story Night
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...5&postcount=23

Pirates of the Carribean
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...5&postcount=32

Princess & the Frog
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...3&postcount=42

Next wek....Mary Poppins
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2011, 03:31 PM   #1173
mmlover74
Mouseketeer

My DS has been asking to do family Disney nights again. We took ideas from here with Cars and we might have done 1 more (Incredibles, I think). Work got int he way of being able to do it again...but he wants to do Peter Pan...so I am so glad i remembered this thread. Thank you for keeping the thread alive.
mmlover74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:13 PM   #1174
MissMickee
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." ~Walt Disney

It was Cars night! SO fun!! Here are the pics...

Our menu...

The "file" version, 'cause you can't really see it from the photo.
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B35...OGMyMzg0&hl=en

Dinner table. Back before DD was born, DS's toy room had a "transporation" theme so I already had the tin signs. The table runner is a black table cloth that I added yellow lines to. We used it later with our balloon cars.

Drinks.

File, if you want to use them...
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...NjE4N2Yy&hl=en

I got the logo for Fillmore's (and a couple more below) here... http://www.sowonderfulsomarvelous.co...day-party.html ... just want to give credit where credit's due.

Body Art station.

Sportin' their tats and bling. I got the rubber bracelets at our local party store for a $1 each.

Dessert. The strawberries are supposed to be McQueen's tongue, but I couldn't figure out how to attach them, so they're just sitting in front of the "car". lol

Uh-oh!! McQueen blew a tire!

Balloon Racers. I got these at Toys R Us, in the party section, for $2 each. They were a HUGE hit! Even with Dad. LOL

They didn't go very straight. lol

Prizes for the winner(s).

Pit Stop. Movie snacks.

Everyone had a BLAST! Next week... Lilo & Stitch! I'm so excited! I Lilo & Stitch.

Off property 1987, 1996, 1997, 2000 ~ Caribbean Beach Resort September 2003 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge January 2005 ~ All Star Movies July 2005 ~ Contemporary MK View June 2007 ~ Polynesian Club Level June 2008 ~ POR & Polynesian July 2009 ~ Private Villa May 2011 ~ Private Villa June/July 2012 ~ Art of Animation May 2013
MissMickee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:21 PM   #1175
basketkat
DIS Veteran

MissMickee that looks like such a fun Cars night! Looking forward to your Lilo and Stitch night!

'01-Off Property '02-All Star Movies Honeymoon '10- All Star Movies'11- Coronado Springs'12- Dream Cruise to Bahamas/Wilderness Lodge'12- Disneyland
basketkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:54 PM   #1176
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcaks & Booze, Running PHM

Dinner & a Movie Night: Mary Poppins

Dinner & a Movie Night
April 8, 2011
Mary Poppins

Thank goodness for the public library. All of my movies are on VCR...and we do not have a VCR where we watch television as a family anymore....free rentals!

I loved Mary Poppins when I was a child. I remember my mother telling us how the old woman who feeds the birds looked just like my great grandmother Abbie, so the movie holds special meaning. Julie Andrews has to be one of my most favorite actresses...I got the pleasure to meet her a few years ago (and her daughter) at a reading conference where she was the keynote speaker and signed her new book. What a sweet woman she is! I remember this summer at Epcot seeing her in her pretty white dress and thinking...she is as beautiful as I thought growing up.

Activity: Chalk Drawings, looking at pictures of the UK in Epcot, GF resort and 1900 Park Fare and watching some Youtube videos of the British Invasion (Boo already thinks we will need to see ALL their shows...each one is a different era of the Beatles...he is my fan).

The dogs had to get in the act...

Menu:
*Homemade Fish and Chips...my kids who do not care of fried fish whoofed these down...I have to admit they were pretty yummy and I am amazed that I made these (do not get the idea we eat a lot of fried foods...2 weeks in a row for us is rare)

*Cranberry Scones..Ab made this…yummy

*GF Strawberry Soup...WOW, I can't wait to have the real stuff next Christmas. Ab did a great job with this recipe too! (Boo had 2 bowls of it)

momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 01:39 PM   #1177
Kari-B
Mouseketeer

The Cars night is fabulous!!!
Kari-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:30 PM   #1178
PartyFromSaturn
Mouseketeer

Lilo & Stitch night

We had a great Lilo & Stitch night. We watched the movie first, b/c DD3 had not seen it. I knew she would love it! Afterwards, she changed into her Hawaiian dress and we put up decorations.

We had chicken, sweet potato fries, fresh pineapple, and brownies. We did the limbo outside while we grilled and colored some pages after dinner.

It was low-key, because we already had the decorations, but fun because DD3 had not seen the movie and the rest of us hadn't seen it in years. I can't believe DS12 and DS11 sat through the whole thing. I wasn't expecting that. We all watched it though and it was great! DD3 said, "Mommy, I'm Lilo, so you have to be Stitch!" Yuck!

PartyFromSaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:36 AM   #1179
MissMickee
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." ~Walt Disney

DD had her 3rd birthday this weekend. She had a Tinkerbell theme.

When guest arrived, they saw our "dress up" station. I make fariy wings and wands for the girls and Peter Pan hats and (felt) "knives" for the boys. Plus there was glitter "pixie dust" to sprinkle on them.

I got the ideas for these here... http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2009/10...n-costume.html

Her cake. I was actually surprised how quickly her cake went together. Of course, I've been planning my attack on it for months.

Everyone had Pixie Punch to drink... Toadstool stand idea, courtesy of our very own Kari-B!!

To be continued...

Off property 1987, 1996, 1997, 2000 ~ Caribbean Beach Resort September 2003 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge January 2005 ~ All Star Movies July 2005 ~ Contemporary MK View June 2007 ~ Polynesian Club Level June 2008 ~ POR & Polynesian July 2009 ~ Private Villa May 2011 ~ Private Villa June/July 2012 ~ Art of Animation May 2013

Last edited by MissMickee; 04-11-2011 at 08:27 AM.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:47 AM   #1180
MissMickee

Sami's birthday party, part 2

The food table. I went with a woodland sort of theme for the food.

The banners over the table were made on my new Cricut! DH got it for me for Valentine's Day and the poor thing's been working overtime. lol There were quotes on the ends of the banners. "The first time a baby laughs, a fairy's life takes flight", "all it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of pixie dust", "think of the happiest things, it's the same as having wings", and "think of a wonderful thought, any happy little thought".

For food we had... peanut butter bumble bees, ants on a log....

Caprese toadstools, Rosetta's garden cups...

Butterfly shaped sandwiches...

Fawn's squirrel snacks (acorns), Iridessa's sunshine (lemon) cookies...

Snail cookies...

To be continued.....

Last edited by MissMickee; 04-11-2011 at 08:06 AM.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:57 AM   #1181
MissMickee

Sami's party... part 3

I made meringue mushrooms. These were a HUGE hit! Not only were they yummy but everyone thought they were REAL!

Here's another picture of them.. off the plate...

I used this recipe... they were surprisingly very easy to make.
http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/mering...ms/Detail.aspx

Silvermist's dew drops....

Magic wands....

Vidia's twisters.... (poor Vidia's partied out! lol)

Ladybugs (you've seen me make these before for our Disney planning dinner. Only then they were called "It's Tough to be a (Lady)Bug". lol

Fairy berry salad...

Gummy raspberries, birdie food (gummy worms) and firewood (Pirouline cookies)...

I also had corn chips that I labeled "Tinker Fairy Wood Shavings" and pretzel sticks that I labeled "Kindling".

To be concluded...

Last edited by MissMickee; 04-11-2011 at 08:07 AM.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:18 AM   #1182
dancin'girl
DIS Veteran

Wow, that Tinker Bell Birthday Party was A-MAZING!!!!!!!!!!!
dancin'girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:30 AM   #1183
MissMickee

I didn't get photos of the kids table without 100 people sitting at it but this was hanging over it... I cut all the butterflies out with my Cricut.

And I cut these with my Cricut and they were hanging on the wall near the food table... I told you my Cricut's been working overtime. lol

And just because it's cute... DD(3!) with her cake.

I think that's it. If I think of more, I'll post it.

Our Lilo & Stitch night for tomorrow has been postponed. I'm just party-brain drained this week! LOL

Old 04-11-2011, 09:18 AM   #1184
Kari-B
Mouseketeer

MissMickee, Amazing!!!
Kari-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:31 AM   #1185
basketkat
DIS Veteran

What a great party! I wish you were my mom!

'01-Off Property '02-All Star Movies Honeymoon '10- All Star Movies'11- Coronado Springs'12- Dream Cruise to Bahamas/Wilderness Lodge'12- Disneyland
basketkat is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: