Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 568 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:16 AM   #1156
PartyFromSaturn
Mouseketeer

Love the Bambi and Soarin' parties!! Can't wait to do both of those.

We have two boys who are only w/ us every other weekend. So when they arrived Friday, they had had one movie night (Incredibles) and they knew we had done two others, b/c they'd gotten leftovers (Fairies and Lady & Tramp). On Friday I was debating whether to make this an every week thing, b/c our trip is a long time off. I figured I would just see how the weekend went. So, first question, Friday at 5:05pm..."What Disney night are we having on Sunday?" Parties catch on quick around here.

I had figured I would do Cars if we did one. It seemed easy. It turned out GREAT! Saturday we made a racetrack cake. We printed out Cars crafts from the Disney website. We had the donuts stacked as tires and the stoplight graham crackers. We also had Sally Salad and Hubcap Pizza. I got a bottle of grape juice and removed the label and put one back on that said "Oil."

My favorite part was when DS12 made his pizza and wanted me to guess what it is. I guessed things he is usually interested in, like Halo and other video games. He finally looked around and said, "NO! What is the THEME here?" It was a whitewall tire he was making! I was shocked! He's slow to participate in stuff like this and I wasn't expecting that at ALL. So we made a BIG deal over his pizza. The boys liked this one and DD3 did too. She loves "Queen" and Mater.

PartyFromSaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 12:18 PM   #1157
Dreamer & Wisher
DIS Veteran

Princess and the Frog

We are going to celebrate Mardi Gras tomorrow with some cajun food and Princess Tiana .

I am going to get a King Cake from the grocery store and I am debating on making some Cajun Food myself or getting it Take Out from a local Restaurant.

A friend of mine is bringing us some beads and Mardi Gras Cups and some Moon Pies.

Planning our next trip...
Dreamer & Wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2011, 06:26 AM   #1158
pesto78749
Mouseketeer

Does anyone have any lunch box ideas? I want to make a disney lunch but the only thing I can think of is a sandwich in the shape of mickey! Please help!
pesto78749 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:34 PM   #1159
Becc1
DIS Veteran

Our theme night this week was The Lion King. Sammy has really been pushing for this one because he knew we would have ribs as our main course and my kid loves him some ribs We started off the afternoon by watching the movie, movie snacks were twigs (pretzels sticks) and chocolate covered bugs (edamame). After the movie the kids did some animal puzzles and a craft. For dinner we had Simba's favorite zebra ribs, Pumba's pasta salad, Timon's tater tots, Tree of Life broccoli florets and biscuits. For dessert we had Lion paw print cookies and Rafiki's banana pudding. I set up a safari hunt for the kids in our basement so while I was cleaning up after dinner I sent the kids downstairs with binoculars and a camera to find the animals. Before bedtime Ben and I started a Simba puzzle that I finished up. It was a fun night, I just got a new camera so I had fun trying it out!

Some printouts that Emily colored

Sam's ready for the safari

Can I really keep my mouth shut for the next 6 months?
Princesses don't hit, kick or spit! A May/June 2011 TR

Becc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 04:50 AM   #1160
heatherbynum
Peace, Love, Disney & Hanson

I love, love, love this thread Great ideas and I can't wait to have our first movie night.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:54 AM   #1161
Becc1
DIS Veteran

We just did The Incredibles last night. Dinner was Super "Hero" sandwiches, Dash fast fries, Elastigirl's pasta salad and for dessert Frozone's frozen treats. Our craft was coloring pages and we made super hero masks. The kids had lots of fun.

You can check out my PTR for pictures!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=38776717

Old 03-19-2011, 07:03 AM   #1162
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

We've expanded our days a bit and call them Disney DAYS instead of Disney movie days. Last week we did Club Cool, the kids made their own soda and had a good time!

Club Cool Disney Day
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:16 PM   #1163
hmack
Mouseketeer

Tonight we had our first montly Disney Dinner (19 months to go before our trip)

Movie: Beauty & the Beast.

Activity: the girls (16, 12) made the Lumieres from the Disney family website and decorated Cogsworth cupcakes

Beverages: Gaston's grape soda or juice (we had both)

Dinner:
Chicken Cordon "Belle"
Beastly Bread & Butter (a loaf of french bread)
Maurice's mashed potatoes
Mrs. Potts pickles
Feather Duster's fruit salad with Chip's cantaloup, Magic Mirror's manderine oranges & Wardrobe's watermelon

Dessert:
Cogsworth cupcakes and Triplet's Sherbert (sherbert cups with three flavors)

We had a great time.

CBR - 2006
CSR - 2008
POR-Riverside - 2012

hmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:58 AM   #1164
MissMickee
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." ~Walt Disney

Your first movie night is Tuesday, with Tangled!!! Can't wait!! Ideas?

Off property 1987, 1996, 1997, 2000 ~ Caribbean Beach Resort September 2003 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge January 2005 ~ All Star Movies July 2005 ~ Contemporary MK View June 2007 ~ Polynesian Club Level June 2008 ~ POR & Polynesian July 2009 ~ Private Villa May 2011 ~ Private Villa June/July 2012 ~ Art of Animation May 2013
MissMickee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 06:22 PM   #1165
Emme
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMickee View Post
Your first movie night is Tuesday, with Tangled!!! Can't wait!! Ideas?
There are some really cute ideas here...

http://family.go.com/disney/pkg-disn...thing-tangled/
Old 03-29-2011, 01:09 PM   #1166
Kari-B
Mouseketeer

Snow White

Here are the pictures from our Snow White Movie Night.

My daughter just received this Snow White costume a week earlier for her birthday, so that worked out perfectly for her to wear it for our movie night. She was super excited to get to dress as Snow White. I had my son wear a prince costume we had in their dress up clothes.

The Food:

The Menu:
Grumpy's Roast Goose (a roaster chicken)
Sleepy's Sliced Potatoes
Bashful's Baked Buns
Snow White's Green Beans Delight
Wild Berries (raspberries and strawberries)
Poison Apple Pie (cherry pie)
Magic Potion (dyed 7-Up)

The Table:
I found a great Disney Princess Party Decoration book on clearance at Target. I used the pieces with Snow White, the table runner, castle, placecards, flowers, butterflies, and gems from it. It worked out great and was much cheaper than printing things off my computer like I usually do.

(Snow White characters borrowed from my mom.)

(Used napkin ring from party set.)

More to come in next post...
Kari-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:15 PM   #1167
Kari-B
Mouseketeer

Snow White

After dinner and watching the movie we moved onto games and activities.

Snow White Puzzle

Poison Apple Toss Game

Gem/Diamond Hunt (We hid the 3D paper gems around the living room and each family member was assigned a color and raced to find theirs first. We played this several times!)

Snow White's Dust Bunny Game - We used the felt duster I made (found on Disney.go.com) and dusted the dust bunnies (gray pom-poms) across the floor and saw who could clean them up the fastest.

Dwarves Mining Game - I hid plastic gems/diamonds in our rice box and the kids had to hunt/mine for the gems.

We also played Snow White's Cleaning charades. We would each pick a cleaning chore and act it out and have the others guess.

We had another great movie night and are looking forward to the next one. It will probably be either Indiana Jones or a Mickey party to reveal our Disney trip to the kids!!!
Old 03-29-2011, 08:21 PM   #1168
MissMickee
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." ~Walt Disney

Our Tangled movie night. This was our first... and SO hard. I'd only seen the movie once when I planned it! LOL So much fun though and the kids LOVED it.

Centerpiece. From http://family.go.com/disney/disney-t...y-pg/view-all/ It was actually pretty easy to make and the best part, I had everything on hand expect the yarn!

Dinner. Angel HAIR pasta, BRAIDED bread and Pascal's peppers. Mostly green, some red. And, of course, everything HAD to be served in frying pans.

Someone was hungry. lol

Eating!

You can see a couple of out lanterns there too. I got the idea for those family.com too.

DS(5), exicted about the movie!

Dessert! Boats on water. Just like Flynn & Rapunzel's. Well, yummier. Courtesy http://www.supermommoments.com

Uh-oh! Wanted posters! They never get my nose right!

Coloring 3D Pascal's. Courtesy http://family.go.com/disney/disney-t...ry-pg/view-all again.

Movie snacks! Err, I mean, Pub Snacks.

Loading up before the movie starts.

Hey, there's something on your shoulder!

DD(2) too busy eating that unopened Hershey's Kiss to notice.

And finally, their lanterns and our lanterns. *swoon*

Note the braid on top of the tv.

This was so fun. Hard to do on a Tuesday though.. may be moving our movie nights to the weekends. lol

Next week... CARS!

Off property 1987, 1996, 1997, 2000 ~ Caribbean Beach Resort September 2003 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge January 2005 ~ All Star Movies July 2005 ~ Contemporary MK View June 2007 ~ Polynesian Club Level June 2008 ~ POR & Polynesian July 2009 ~ Private Villa May 2011 ~ Private Villa June/July 2012 ~ Art of Animation May 2013
MissMickee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:54 PM   #1169
Becc1
DIS Veteran

Great Tangled night! We were going to do ours tonight but my MIL decided to come for a visit this weekend so the kids wanted to wait to have it with her here. I see we have been visiting alot of the same sitesfor ideas, lol, I have many of the same plans for our night

Old 03-30-2011, 08:34 AM   #1170
Kari-B
Mouseketeer

Your Tangled movie night looks great! Good job!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: