Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 537 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:37 PM   #1141
AKL LOVER
Are we there yet??

@Kari--I love the "spaghetti and meatballs" dish that your stuffed dogs are enjoying. So cute
AKL LOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:45 AM   #1142
Dreamer & Wisher
DIS Veteran

Kari!! I love the Lady and the Tramp night! Looks like a lot of fun and great theming!

Planning our next trip...
Dreamer & Wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2011, 09:30 AM   #1143
AKL LOVER
Are we there yet??

Last night we did CARS! For dinner we had pulled pork BBQ race cars and 'Mack' wheels and cheese, and Radiator Wings. For dessert we had a tire tower and oil dipsticks. I've posted picks on my PTR if you want to check them out.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2615660&page=9

I had a blast decorating for this one!!! Maybe more fun than a grown woman really should...
AKL LOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:49 PM   #1144
TinaLala
Hold My Table at Ohana's I'm on My Way!

We did Ratatouille last night

Parmesan chicken, linguini, and ratatouille. We made cheese fondue and an Emile trash cake and had grape WINE juice.

We sculpted Emile out of rice krispie treats and the trash out of fondant!

Courage Confidence Character!
http://lalacraftworld.wordpress.com/ - my craft blog!

TinaLala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:15 PM   #1145
Becc1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaLala View Post
We did Ratatouille last night

Parmesan chicken, linguini, and ratatouille. We made cheese fondue and an Emile trash cake and had grape WINE juice.

We sculpted Emile out of rice krispie treats and the trash out of fondant!
Love the cake!

Can I really keep my mouth shut for the next 6 months?
Princesses don't hit, kick or spit! A May/June 2011 TR

Becc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:27 AM   #1146
hmack
Mouseketeer

I am now a Disney theme night convert.

I'm hoping that it have a Disney dinner once a month will help the next (gulp) 19 months go by a little quicker.

I don't know what our nights will look like as the girls are a bit older - 16&11 so I don't think we'll be doing the craft. But my youngest is really excited about helping to plan and cook.

I'll keep you all posted on how this goes....

CBR - 2006
CSR - 2008
POR-Riverside - 2012

hmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:32 PM   #1147
Becc1
DIS Veteran

Our latest theme night was A Bug's Life. Best and easiest night food wise because for our "picnic" we ordered take out from a bbq place Unfortunately no food pics because my DH starting fixing the kids plates before I got a chance to get pictures Dessert was spider cookies and cups of dirt with gummy worms. As a craft the kids made caterpillars and colored A Bug's Life pictures. The kids loved the movie, it's been a while since they have seen it so they had kind of forgotten it. Now they are actually looking forward to It's Tough to be a Bug, in the past Emily and Ben have been a little scared of it but now they are both saying they can't wait to see the show again!

Can you tell Ben enjoyed the pudding?

Old 02-24-2011, 08:34 PM   #1148
Becc1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKL LOVER View Post
Last night we did CARS! For dinner we had pulled pork BBQ race cars and 'Mack' wheels and cheese, and Radiator Wings. For dessert we had a tire tower and oil dipsticks. I've posted picks on my PTR if you want to check them out.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2615660&page=9

I had a blast decorating for this one!!! Maybe more fun than a grown woman really should...
Great job! Love the Radiator Wings!

Old 02-25-2011, 11:41 AM   #1149
PrincessMom4
DVC member-SSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becc1 View Post
Great job! Love the Radiator Wings!
Becc1, I LOVE your Bugs Life themed night. It makes me want to rethink my nights planned.

Its Cars night for us tonight. We have TONS of decor from the Duplo lego ones to the die-cast cars to a bunch of other items. Its the food that is giving me a bit of a challenge.
ALK-Jambo-August 21-29/11; AKL-Kidani Villas-March 13-17/11;1st DVC trip-Kidani Villas-September 5-11/10; Space Ranger Mission - August 16-22/09;DS4th WDW birthday trip - March14 - 20/09;Pirate adventure-August 26-Sept 2/08;1st family trip-August 23-Sept 1/07
PrincessMom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:06 PM   #1150
PartyFromSaturn
Mouseketeer

Tinkerbell and the Lost Treasure

We just did a Tinkerbell night and really enjoyed it! While DD3 napped, I got things ready. I set up her little table with her paints and some Tink Printables. Then from the Disney website, I printed out a few other crafts. One was a little fortune telling game that I loved when I was little. We just always had made them w/ pen and paper, so I thought it was so cool to see one that you could print out and it had the fairies on it. Then I put out a little dish of Nerds to be Pixie Rocks and decorated with gemstones and some of her favorite blinging jewelery.

I decorated with printouts of the web. The string of Blade lights you can make is really cute. I made ladybug cupcakes and dyed them green. For dinner, we couldn't think of a good main course, so we just called our tilapia Fairy Fish. We ate green beans with red onion, because the green and purple looked good together.

I also made homemade pretzels and called them Fairy Wings. They pretty much looked like wings if you used your imagination. We watched the movie both before and after we ate; it's a big favorite. I wish I would have had some wings for her, b/c she pretended all night that she was wearing wings.

This one was fun and we can do it again for the Fairy Rescue!

PartyFromSaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:40 AM   #1151
hmack
Mouseketeer

DD has decided that "Beauty & the Beast" will be our first themed movie/meal.

Can't wait to find inspiration on this thread.

CBR - 2006
CSR - 2008
POR-Riverside - 2012

hmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:11 PM   #1152
budafam
DIS Veteran

Great ideas!
DxDP 12/3/13-12/10/13
Upcoming Trips: 9/21-9/29 POR & 10/25-10/31 BWV 10/31-11/3 DREAM

budafam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:34 PM   #1153
Becc1
DIS Veteran

My kids and I have been stuck in the house sick for the past 2 days so to have a little fun we've done some mini theme nights. With the release of Bambi yesterday we had Flower cupcakes (yes I know they look more like bears, lol) and the kids did coloring pages. And for Dr. Seuss's birthday we read lots of books, watched both of The Cat in the Hat movies and made The Cat in the Hat hats. For dinner we had Green Eggs and Ham and cheese frittatas, pancakes and drank Pink Yink Ink Drink (strawberry milk). The frittatas look a little frightening with the dye but they were yummy!

I swear they were good, they just look like green slime,

Old 03-02-2011, 10:00 PM   #1154
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

A friend (and fellow Diser twoboysnmygirl) do our Disney days together and after the activities the girls play while we plan. Our girls rarely watch the movies when we used them for theming so we decided to forgo the movies and it opened up a lot of possibilities. Earlier this week was... Soarin'.

This is my FAVORITE ride at Disney so it was lots of fun to think of fun ways to theme it at home.

As all good DISers know we had to have our FPes...

We also needed gliders...

These turned out to be really complicated to make but the girls had fun trying and kept refolding them into different paper airplane designs to try to get them to fly better.

We spotted some hot air balloons...

The girls had lots of fun with these too. They kept adding and subtracting beans trying to get them to float just right.

We also saw some oranges from the groves and in the background you can see the ocean water (courtesy of Sonic).

And finally there were fireworks over Sleeping Beauty's Castle.

To make these pics the girls colored white paper with lots of different colors. Then they painted several layers of black paint over it...

Then they added pics of Sleeping Beauty's castle (my printer is running out of ink so not the best castle pics but they worked) and Tinkerbell. Finally they used plastic toothpicks to scratch away the black paint in firework designs, revealing the colors underneath.

There was really so much we could have done but we try to stick to a budget when planning these things... that way we can do even more days.
-Hope- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:43 PM   #1155
figment3258
DIS Veteran

Just wondering iF someone could pm me on how to post pictures? We are having bamboo night tomorrow ad would like to post pictures. Thanks

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: