Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 794 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-06-2011, 01:31 PM   #1126
MissAndrea
Mouseketeer

Great job Kari!! Love it all!!!
Old 02-06-2011, 01:36 PM   #1127
MissMickee
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." ~Walt Disney

Great ideas Kari!!

Off property 1987, 1996, 1997, 2000 ~ Caribbean Beach Resort September 2003 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge January 2005 ~ All Star Movies July 2005 ~ Contemporary MK View June 2007 ~ Polynesian Club Level June 2008 ~ POR & Polynesian July 2009 ~ Private Villa May 2011 ~ Private Villa June/July 2012 ~ Art of Animation May 2013
MissMickee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2011, 05:44 PM   #1128
Kari-B
Mouseketeer

Thanks!
Kari-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:54 AM   #1129
Becc1
DIS Veteran

Our latest movie night was my DD's favorite Cinderella. Decor was done by Emily, she gathered a few of her Cinderella books and toys to place about the room. The menu was Royal flank steak, Regal mashed potatoes and Charming green beans. Dessert was Cinderella's pearl cupcakes. As always we watched the movie first, then while dinner was finishing up the kids did some coloring pages. After dinner we played Disneys Sing It which is always a blast. Sam's choices of songs always make me smile, what other boy chooses Mary Poppins and Lady and the Tramp as his first songs? My love of all things Disney has definately been passed down to my kids. We ended the night with a Cinderella puzzle. It was a very fun night, next up I think is A Bugs Life, we had a vote last night and it was a tie with The Incredibles but mom has the deciding vote and I haven't seen A Bugs Life in forever so that's what we're going with

Can I really keep my mouth shut for the next 6 months?
Princesses don't hit, kick or spit! A May/June 2011 TR

Becc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 03:00 PM   #1130
PiperPizzaz
DIS Veteran

Sorry if this has already been mentioned. I got a book from the library I thought you all might be interested in. The Disney Party Handbook.
It has ideas for:
Winnie the Pooh
101 Dalmations
Lion King
Peter Pan
Little mermaid
Cinderella
Alice wonderland (unbirthday tea party)
Beauty & Beast
Aladdin
Toy Story
Pocahontas
Sleeping Beauty
Hunchback
Hercules

It has food ideas and stuff you can copy out of it like invitations etc.
Our Family Trips: 05/99-CBR, 06/01 off site, '03 off site, 08/06-CBR, 09/07-POP, 04/08 Disneyland off site, 03/09-POR, 11/09-ASM&BC, 06/10 POP, 11/10 Swan & offsite townhouse, 05-06/11 townhouse, 07/11 Disneyland Paris, 06/12 BC, 10/12 POP
Check out my Disney room!
PiperPizzaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:50 PM   #1131
TinaLala
Hold My Table at Ohana's I'm on My Way!

I've been a silent watch of this thread and LOVE the ideas out here. We thought we'd do Lion King, but then saw Snow White was playing on ABC Family. So we worked really hard to come up with a great meal.

Snow White -

Tonight we had mini bratz and saurkrat like we had at Germany in Epcot - why that goes with Snow White I'll never know.

Baked apples or Poison apples - w/brown sugar, cinnamon and mini marshmellows.

Then we made jello gems! red Rubies, yellow diamonds, blue sapphires, green emeralds, and orange garnets.

DD11 made a poison apple and DD8 made a pick ax as centerpieces.

It was a lot of fun! Thank you so much for creating this thread! This will help keep Disney in our lives while we wait 2 more years until our next trip!

Courage Confidence Character!
http://lalacraftworld.wordpress.com/ - my craft blog!

Last edited by TinaLala; 02-12-2011 at 10:56 PM.
TinaLala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:54 PM   #1132
PartyFromSaturn
Mouseketeer

We just had the meatball recipe from Post 88, and it was so delicious! I have never had meatballs I liked as much as that!

Painted a puppy face and watched Lady and the Tramp. Very fun night! I love this thread!

PartyFromSaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:40 PM   #1133
tchrrx
Blame it on the plastic cow I mentioned on another board
That's right.... I sucked a plastic cow

We will be having our 100 days 'til Disney party next weekend. I'm trying to base the menus off of favorite rides. (The 3 of us are the only ones going on the trip. But, we invited 3 friends for dinner that just returned from their trip. We'll watch their videos, look at photos, and maybe play a Disney game.)

Expedition Everest- Yeti Spaghetti (fettucini alfredo)
Toy Story Midway Mania- Pizza Planet pizza (order in- put Pizza Planet label on it)
Splash Mountain- Splash logs (breadsticks) that can be splashed into marinara
Tower of Terror- Bellhop bowtie pasta salad (which, I don't think the bellhops actually wear bowties, but I don't want another dessert)

Test Track- stoplight cookies from this thread
Haunted Mansion- brownies with gravestone markers from this thread
Soarin'- Oranges (unless I find a yummy recipe for an orange flavored dessert)

I will attempt to post pictures after the party.

2006- WDW CR (DD's 1st trip & my parents came) 2007- WDW SSR (1st trip 'home' & suprise trip for DD) 2008- WDW SSR (surprised DD w/her aunt) 2009- WDW SSR (inlaws) 2010- Our 1st ABD (Spirit of America) 2011- WDW SSR & BLT and our 1st Cruise (Disney Dream) 2012- WDW BLT (DD's surprise birthday trip); ABD Southwest Splendors 2013- DL GCV (Our 1st DL trip); Disney's Vero Beach; Disney Fantasy 2014- ABD Costa Rica
tchrrx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:53 PM   #1134
figment3258
DIS Veteran

We just had a finding nemo night on friday and had a ball. the girls made paper plate dory's nemo's and jelly fish. we also ate mac and cheese with gold fish and blue jello. It was a real fun night
Old 02-14-2011, 11:27 PM   #1135
mom863
Earning My Ears

We just had our first family movie night with Lady and the Tramp. We used the fine china, even the crystal glasses with sparkling grape juice...the kids thought they were hot stuff...we had spaghetti and meatballs...bread-sticks...we made yarn spaghetti on plates with pom/pom meatballs...kids had a ball...they don't know that they are going to Disney yet... Thanks for the inspiration.. anyone have ideas for Secretariate...we bought the movie for DD6 for Valentines day..it is what she wanted...I have not seen it or even really know what it is about I love these ideas and the pictures you all have shared..I've been reading these posts for the past couple of weeks...

medhds9dd6dd3prince ss:
mom863 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:32 AM   #1136
Becc1
DIS Veteran

We did a Mickey themed Valentines dinner. Dinner was a heart shaped meatloaf for my younger children, steaks for DH, older DS and I, mashed potatoes, corn and mac and cheese. Dessert was strawberry cupcakes! After dinner the kids did a Mickey Valentines Day picture frame craft that we got at the Disney store.

Old 02-15-2011, 10:13 AM   #1137
AKL LOVER
Are we there yet??

Becc1: You are the disney theme night queen!

You go girl!!
AKL LOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 03:20 PM   #1138
Becc1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKL LOVER View Post
Becc1: You are the disney theme night queen!

You go girl!!
Thank you

I don't know what I'm going to do once our trip is over, I have a feeling we'll be keeping up with these theme nights, my kids (and me) are enjoying them too much! I must say it is keeping me from obsessing over my trip planning!

Old 02-17-2011, 08:20 PM   #1139
Kari-B
Mouseketeer

Lady & The Tramphttp://www.disboards.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=3996210

The second movie night we did was for Lady & The Tramp. This movie fit very well with Valentine's Day and we used it to celebrate that also.

Here is the main set-up. (Before food had been added.)

This is the Tony's Town Square Restaurant sign I made from posterboard & red cardstock. I used my Cricut (die cutting machine) to cut out the letters and corner designs.

Here is Lady & The Tramp (closest stuffed dogs we had that resembled them) enjoying their spaghetti and meatballs (yellow yarn, red yarn, brown pom-poms).

Framed picture of the famous scene, surrounded by candlelight.

Dinner was of course spaghetti and meatballs.

Breadsticks

Sparkling wine(juice)

Dessert was heart shaped brownies pierced with cupids arrow (made from red felt and sucker stick) atop vanilla ice cream.

More pictures and info in next post (sorry this got so long)!
Old 02-17-2011, 08:28 PM   #1140
Kari-B
Mouseketeer

Lady & The Tramp

Here our some pics of the kids. They dressed up for the occasion and donned doggy ears and had a black nose painted on (even my DH).

After dinner and the movie they colored a picture.

Then we played two games. The first was "Toss The Meatballs". We used the pom-poms meatballs and yarn spaghetti for this game.

The second game was a dog bone hunt. I cut bone shapes from white cardstock and used new dog bowls to collect them in. We took turns hiding them over and over again throughout the family room. (I didn't take any pictures of this).

We had another great Disney movie night. Now to decide which movie next, hmmm.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: