Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 623 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:07 AM   #1051
DisneyFirstTimer10
DIS Veteran

Congrats all- especially TigerLily- This thread was mentioned on the main dis page

http://www.wdwinfo.com/columns/creat...ic-at-home.cfm

I havent posted before- but have read each and every page. We plan on telling our kids about our Feb trip on Christmas morning (my son's 5th birthday) and having a family disney theme night twice a week until our trip!

Allison, David (DH), DS (8), DD (5)

POR-May 2010, OKW- Feb 2011, OKW/AOA- Oct 2013, AKV-May 2015- First trip as DVC members
DisneyFirstTimer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 04:13 PM   #1052
wendyc555
Earning My Ears

A Christmas Carol

Does anyone have any ideas for the movie A Christmas Carol? We plan on watching this next Friday.
wendyc555 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2010, 07:37 PM   #1053
K_Disney
Earning My Ears

I LOVE this thread!! I've spent an embarassing amount of time reading all of these great ideas. I see Family Movie Theme Nights in our future as we get ready for our trip in Februrary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyc555 View Post
Does anyone have any ideas for the movie A Christmas Carol? We plan on watching this next Friday.
These ideas are more general Christmas than really related to A Christmas Carol... also, I'm planning to do this on a weeknight this week, so trying to keep it pretty simple.

Since my kids are pickly eaters and I won't have time to make a big holiday dinner anyway, I was thinking of making grilled cheese sandwiches, cutting them in triangles and arranging like a Christmas tree. Then I woud sprinkle dried cranberries across the top for the decorations.

For a very simple craft, I was thinking of making Mickey head christmas ornaments out of pipe cleaners.

I'd love to hear what other Christmas ideas people might have --- maybe I'll even put it off to the weekend and make a bigger deal of it.

Last edited by K_Disney; 12-13-2010 at 05:53 PM.
K_Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:51 PM   #1054
JennyLynn21
Mouseketeer

Tonight my mom & I had our Princess & the Frog movie night! We had never seen it yet so we were excited... I Loved the movie!

We had just had chunky soup for dinner and pretended it was gumbo Haha. New Orleans food does not appeal to us.

For decorations I had a giant green frog that I put in a chair. I also printed out the characters from the disney family site. Also I put mardi grad beads around.

For snacks we had Princess & the frog fruit snacks. Bayou mud chocolate pudding ( just good old choco pudding with a cute name). milk. and powdered doughnuts were there to represent the beignets! We also ate on little princess tiana plates I got at Target.

So much fun. Next time it's "Up"
JennyLynn21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:55 PM   #1055
PrincessTigerLily
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirstTimer10 View Post
Congrats all- especially TigerLily- This thread was mentioned on the main dis page

http://www.wdwinfo.com/columns/creat...ic-at-home.cfm

I havent posted before- but have read each and every page. We plan on telling our kids about our Feb trip on Christmas morning (my son's 5th birthday) and having a family disney theme night twice a week until our trip!
How nice! Thanks for the link

PrincessTigerLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 04:08 PM   #1056
PrincessTigerLily
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyc555 View Post
How about a "traditional" holiday meal like in A Christmas Carol? Sure, you could cook it all yourself, but you could also be like me and just go get a big sliced turkey family meal from Boston Market

Bake some plum pudding.

Make Scrooge's Money Bags - fill brown paper lunch bags with gold-foil chocolate coins. Tie bags with twine or string. Play hot potato with it. Hide them around the house to be found.

If you are able to spare a few dollars around the holiday season, now is a wonderful time to catch Scrooge's newfound spirit of giving and as a family research a charity to support or choose to help a person in need from a school/church/community giving tree, or even just donate a few canned or shelf-stable items to your local food pantry.

Follow this link to some Disney A Christmas Carol "official" crafts -
http://******************/children-s-c...s-carol-crafts

Hope this helps, and happy holidays to all!

PrincessTigerLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 08:56 AM   #1057
jngwright
DIS Veteran

Princess! So excited that your thread got a shout out on the DIS home! You deserve it!!!

Jill DH DS (12) DS (12)Offsite '78-'94, POR '95, CSR '99, WL '00(Disneymoon ) Offsite '04, POFQ '06, POP'08,CBR/CSR '09,POR '10, AKV '11, OKW/BWV '11(New DVC owners!!!!) '12 BLT, '13 AKV/OKW, '14SoG,(Glass Slipper Finisher!)'14 AVK
jngwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 12:54 AM   #1058
MissAndrea
Mouseketeer

So I promised pics immediately after our last movie night and I'm just now getting around to it a month later....and still in lazy fashion. I have quite a few pics on my facebook so I'm just posting the link to the pics here. We did The Three Caballeros as we had never seen the movie. I wasn't super impressed and DD hated it, but the food was awesome! You can't go wrong with Mexican food. We will for sure do it again just for the food. We are having a Disney Christmas themed breakfast in the morning which I am SUPER excited about. My goal is to get pics up within a week, but we'll see.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=a97f1af202

All the fiesta plates, bowls, and hats came from the Dollar Tree last year around Cinco de Mayo.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:58 AM   #1059
courtneylauren
Disney College Program Fall Advantage 2014 Vacation Planner

Creativity needed!

Ideas needed!!! I love this thread, awesome parties and pictures!!

Last year we had a Disney Planning Dinner to decide what reservations, etc. we wanted to make. My sister and i made all of the food and it was all Mickey themed. We had it during winter break in December for our July trip (since we could make reservations in January).

This year, we are doing WDW theme.
Here's our menu so far, but I could use some ideas! I got a few from this thread but need more.

We're going to have a snack table filled with lots of little snacks from different rides.
Great Movie Ride - popcorn in a popcorn container from the $ section at Target
Pangani Exploration Trail - trail mix
Test Track - traffic lights with wafers covered in icing with M&Ms
Splash Mountain - celery for the logs, maybe with peanut butter or something inside
Snow White's Scary Adventures - 'poison' apples (covered with caramel)
Tower of Terror - elevator buttons - vanilla wafers with icing numbers

Still need lots more for the snack table.

We'll have something of each 'icon'
Cinderella Castle - my sister LOVES the shows like Cake Boss, Ace of Cakes, and Cupcake Wars and loves to bake cakes. She's going to make a 4 layer castle cake using circle cake pans, and upside down ice cream cones on top - the whole thing covered in icing.
Spaceship Earth - meatballs is the only thing I can think of right now...anything else spherical??
the Hat - right now it's ice cream cones but we already have the cake. anything else cone/hat shaped?
Tree of Life - my sister's idea was animal cracker salad, the lettuce for the tree and the animal crackers for the carved animals, but I'd love to make a tree somehow?

Does anyone have any ideas how to make the WDW entrance banner that you pass through?

I need more for the main course -- only have the meatballs right now.

Thanks!

Follow me on my journey!
Twitter/Instagram: @courtneysuchart
Follow me on Twitter! Follow me on Instagram!

My Disney College Program Blog: http://www.courtneydcp.com
courtneylauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 01:42 PM   #1060
FirstTimertoDiz
I love visiting NYC
People already think I am a little off my rocker

Love this thread! I plan on reading each and every page at some point...but first, off to plan what theme nights we can have...how fun!
Old 12-25-2010, 09:28 PM   #1061
FirstTimertoDiz
I love visiting NYC

This was for a birthday party that I did for my son about 2 years ago- it was a Stars Wars theme, but it was all about the Light Sabers- he built one in Dtd, and was hooked! Of course, he informed me that light sabers are only red and blue, so that was my challenge!

These were pretzel rods that I dipped in colored chocolate that I got at AC Moore; I covered the bottom in foil for handles, and the light saber buttons are m&m's.

Light sabers from grape tomatoes:

Blueberry light sabers:

And, finally, here was the cupcakes, made to form dueling light sabers:
Old 12-26-2010, 03:10 PM   #1062
JennyLynn21
Mouseketeer

I Would like to tell everybody about My mom & I's UP night. We had never seen this movie so we were excited.

So for dinner we had hot dogs, french fries, baked beans

For snacks we had little hershey candy bars, cupcakes which I put 2-3 dumdum suckers sticking out (to represent baloons) and also grape soda in glass bottles.

For decorations we had a little house with a handle on the top which I tied three helium balloons. I also had a Carl sticker which I put on the door to the little house, it was pretty cute I think and My mom liked it.

We loved the movie also - so cute
JennyLynn21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:45 PM   #1063
FirstTimertoDiz
I love visiting NYC

Does anyone have any ideas for Chicken Little? I didn't see it listed on the index- my first thought was chicken nuggets for the meal, but that somehow just seems wrong. I am thinking of something with baseball type food- like hot dogs, nachos, etc since baseball is such a big part of the movie. Hmmm, something with acorns? Not sure how to incorporate that one.

Any ideas?
Old 12-28-2010, 12:19 AM   #1064
Peter Pan Fan 22
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAndrea View Post
So I promised pics immediately after our last movie night and I'm just now getting around to it a month later....and still in lazy fashion. I have quite a few pics on my facebook so I'm just posting the link to the pics here. We did The Three Caballeros as we had never seen the movie. I wasn't super impressed and DD hated it, but the food was awesome! You can't go wrong with Mexican food. We will for sure do it again just for the food. We are having a Disney Christmas themed breakfast in the morning which I am SUPER excited about. My goal is to get pics up within a week, but we'll see.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=a97f1af202

All the fiesta plates, bowls, and hats came from the Dollar Tree last year around Cinco de Mayo.

Great photos! The food looks yummy!!
Peter Pan Fan 22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:24 AM   #1065
Peter Pan Fan 22
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTimertoDiz View Post
Does anyone have any ideas for Chicken Little? I didn't see it listed on the index- my first thought was chicken nuggets for the meal, but that somehow just seems wrong. I am thinking of something with baseball type food- like hot dogs, nachos, etc since baseball is such a big part of the movie. Hmmm, something with acorns? Not sure how to incorporate that one.

Any ideas?

The only things I can think of are snacks. Sunflower seeds and Gummy worms.
Peter Pan Fan 22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: