Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2010, 04:39 PM   #1036
Becc1
DIS Veteran

I hope other people are still doing theme nights, I'd love to read about them, I need more ideas!

Last Tuesday we did Toy Story day! Yes a whole day devoted to Toy Story, lol. Since it was Election day my kids had off of school, we got up early and after I went and voted we headed out to pick up Toy Story 3. I think that we were the only family who had not seen it over the summer so there was much anticipation for this movie release! While I was making lunch which was Rex nuggets and Toy Story mac and cheese, the kids made their own Mr Potato Head creations to add to the decor. After lunch we watched the movie, won't give anything away in case there is anyone left that hasn't seen it but I will say I absolutely cried like a baby. After the movie we set up the Wii and played a few rounds of Toy Story Mania, then we did a couple of Toy Story puzzles I had picked up at the dollar store, not realizing they were 100 piece puzzles, I ended up doing the majority of them but the kids did help. Then it was time to go to Pizza Planet for dinner, the kids made their own pizzas and we had green alien cupcakes for dessert!

Can I really keep my mouth shut for the next 6 months?
Princesses don't hit, kick or spit! A May/June 2011 TR

Becc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 05:36 PM   #1037
Disney_Ohana
Mouseketeer

Thank you! I love this thread!

Disney_Ohana is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2010, 06:15 PM   #1038
MissAndrea
Mouseketeer

I love this thread as well. Anxious to see more! We plan on having our Three Cabeleros night this Friday night. Will post pics next week!
Old 11-11-2010, 08:20 PM   #1039
PrincessTigerLily
DIS Veteran

May the thread live on forever and ever!!! Keep up the creative ideas everyone!! Anyone have any requests for us to work on??

PrincessTigerLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 11:24 AM   #1040
Becc1
DIS Veteran

Our next family theme night was The Princess and the Frog, my MIL was in town and had never seen it so she got to join in on the fun. We started off with a craft, the kids made Mardi Gras masks and they decorated the cupcakes. Next was dinner, the menu was Mama Odie's gumbo, Ray's crabcakes, Louis's rotisserie chicken, Tiana's beignets and Naveen cupcakes. If I may say so myself the gumbo turned out excellent, I used a recipe from Paula Deen that I got off of foodnetwork.com. Next, we all settled in to watch the movie, great as always. It was a fun night, next up is Aladdin!

Old 11-21-2010, 11:48 AM   #1041
PrincessTigerLily
DIS Veteran

Prince of Persia

Help!! Netflix is sending prince of Persia tomorrow! We have never seen it - any meal or activity suggestions? BTW, is this movie ok for a 5 y/o?
TIA!!

PrincessTigerLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:51 AM   #1042
WeLoveLilo05
DIS Veteran

Just booked out Aug 2011 Disneymoon (with DD and family lol). So more Disney Movie Nights to come
Thinking The Santa Clause should be first, love that movie so much, just don't know what to make.

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm Possible." ~ Audrey Hepburn

WeLoveLilo05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 07:58 PM   #1043
Tink-erin-belle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLoveLilo05 View Post
Just booked out Aug 2011 Disneymoon (with DD and family lol). So more Disney Movie Nights to come
Thinking The Santa Clause should be first, love that movie so much, just don't know what to make.
What about having breakfast for dinner? When Scott and Charlie couldn't find an open restaurant on Christmas Eve, Scott ended up taking his son to Denny's

Disney Every Day - An October 2014 PTR
Tink-erin-belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 08:22 PM   #1044
Becc1
DIS Veteran

Last night we had an Aladdin theme night. I didn't put as much thought into planning this one as I have previous theme nights since I've been busy helping with the planning for my kids school winter festival but we still had fun. I probably would have postponed but my kids have been looking forward to it and I didn't want to let them down The menu was kept simple, most everything was on a kabob, we had fruit and steak kabobs, even popcorn chicken kabobs! Also potataoes, corn and Abu cupcakes! I hadn't planned a craft for the kids so when they asked what our project was I had to think quick and found a coloring book that had an Aladdin section. After dinner we collected pillows from all over the house we settled in on the floor to watch the movie. It was a fun night and they kids loved the movie!

Old 12-04-2010, 09:54 PM   #1045
WeLoveLilo05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink-erin-belle View Post
What about having breakfast for dinner? When Scott and Charlie couldn't find an open restaurant on Christmas Eve, Scott ended up taking his son to Denny's
OMG, great idea! I could even make mickey pancakes.
O now I am excited for this, just have to figure out how I am going to squeeze it in before Christmas.
Thanks!

Old 12-04-2010, 09:57 PM   #1046
WeLoveLilo05
DIS Veteran

Becc1,
Good Job on the cupcakes! They are adorable.

Old 12-05-2010, 06:58 PM   #1047
musclemouse
DIS Veteran

Toy Story

Well we are going to attempt the themed Disney dinner night the few days before we leave for our Disney vacation. I believe this may be a challenge for us though. I am trying to encourage my family but they are challenged

SO...I encouraged my boys to help me come up with ideas for Toy Story theme. They seemed excited and threw out some way far fetched ideas.

We FINALLY came up with Hot dogs to represent Slinky. Potato chips - Mr. Potato Head. Ham Omelet (with cheese and veges) to represent Chicken Man (Al) and Ham the Piggy Bank. We also made sugar cookies and decorated them with Bullseye . ALSO...We loved this one- Delicious Hot Shmoes!

Also watching Toy Story!

We are attempting Wall-E tomorrow night.

musclemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 07:18 PM   #1048
Becc1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLoveLilo05 View Post
Becc1,
Good Job on the cupcakes! They are adorable.
Thanks! I've been getting some great ideas from the Family Fun website!

Old 12-06-2010, 11:02 AM   #1049
basketkat
DIS Veteran

Aristocats

We did The Aristocats this week...

I took pictures, but it was mainly of the food... (and I dont know how to post pics on here...ha)

Menu:
Homemade French Onion Soup
French bread
Cheese and grape tray
Chocolate covered strawberries for dessert

Activity:
We painted portraits of each other, and my daughter (who is 6) gave us a ballet lesson.

Then we watched the movie! Keep the ideas coming!

'01-Off Property '02-All Star Movies Honeymoon '10- All Star Movies'11- Coronado Springs'12- Dream Cruise to Bahamas/Wilderness Lodge'12- Disneyland
basketkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:10 PM   #1050
JennyLynn21
Mouseketeer

Well.. A little Background info. I am taking my mom to disneyworld in March. We have gone 3 times when I was a child. I went in October with my boyfriend, but it has been a long time since she has been there. We are very excited.

So to get my mom farmilar with the characters again I found this thread and thought it was AMAZING!!! So so far we have 3 toy story parties for her to watch all 3. However the first one we didn't do anything special.

Toy Story 2 party. We had Toy Story Mac & Cheese and T Rex chicken nuggets. We ate on Toy story plates I had got at Meijers. While we waited for the food to cook we colored pictures from toy story. I got this kit at Meijers for like 3 bucks. it came with little markers and 80!! little sheets to color! Something fun and silly for us to do. So then in the living room I had set up a little table with snacks. We had toy story juice boxes & capri suns. a Woody & Buzz pez dispenser. Toy story fruit snacks and also gummi worms and milk duds. She liked the movies.

Toy Story 3 party- we had this party over at my older sisters house because she wanted to watch the movie. So we had pizza and I had printed out a sign that said 'Pizza Planet' and taped it over the pizza box!! We also had green alien cupcakes!! We didnt do an activity or anything!!

We just love the parties!! It's so fun!! Thanks for all the great ideas!
JennyLynn21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: