Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 720 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-17-2008, 03:07 PM   #91
PrincessTigerLily
DIS Veteran

baloosgirl and collcass, thanks for the great ideas! I will add them to our index on post #1! baloosgirl, we will make yours Lady & the Tramp II so no one misses it! Keep the awesome ideas coming! Anyone have any activity ideas to go along with "Cars" night?

PrincessTigerLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 10:19 PM   #92
ChrisMouse
DIS Veteran

We did our second Disney Friday last week--it was "Spirit of Mickey".

I bought some of those frozen Mickey hamburgers & grilled them up on my foreman. I used a Mickey icon cookie cutter to cut slices of cheese for the burgers. We made frozen fries and then for our activity/dessert we made Mickey head rice krispie treats. We used the microwave dipping chocolate and dipped the ears in chocolate, then drizzled more. We sprinkled them with mini choc chips and mini m&m's.

We had a lot of fun!

ChrisMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2008, 11:56 PM   #93
collcass
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMouse View Post

I bought some of those frozen Mickey hamburgers & grilled them up on my foreman. I used a Mickey icon cookie cutter to cut slices of cheese for the burgers. We made frozen fries and then for our activity/dessert we made Mickey head rice krispie treats. We used the microwave dipping chocolate and dipped the ears in chocolate, then drizzled more. We sprinkled them with mini choc chips and mini m&m's.

We had a lot of fun!
Sounds like loads of fun.

As far as the Cars activities, they did have a bunch of ideas. I'll find them and post in the morning. We actually made the kids their altered clipboards for autographs while watching the Daytona 500.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:40 AM   #94
PrincessTigerLily
DIS Veteran

Target $1 Section Alert!!

Last night at Target in the $1 section I found a wooden magnetic fishing set, just like the one described in the activity for "Pete's Dragon" night! I was so excited, as this is easier, and cheaper for once, than making them yourself!
Just thought you might want to know, I hope the $1 section stuff is the same across the country!

Old 02-28-2008, 09:32 AM   #95
PrincessTigerLily
DIS Veteran

Aristocats

Movie - The Aristocats

Menu - Crepes bar (buy store-bought crepes, and offer a variety of fillings for everyone to try. Examples: strawberry, cheese, chocolate banana. I'm sure there are savory fillings, but I'm a sweets girl!)
Creme de la Creme de Edgar (see recipe below)

Activities - Painting night! Explore different styles of painting (French impressionism a la Monet, put on jazz music and let the music guide your modern art!).
Create a Crayola clay eiffel tower keepsake diorama!
http://www.crayola.com/crafts/detail...e-stars-craft/

Creme de la creme de Edgar
5 T flour
1 C milk
1 C sugar
1 C butter
1 tsp vanilla

Cook flour and milk over low heat until thick; cool. Cream together sugar, butter, and vanilla. Add to flour mixture. Beat until light and fluffy, about 10 minutes. *This is a good activity to give everyone a chance to beat the cream, as it does take a while!*

Last edited by PrincessTigerLily; 03-13-2008 at 08:54 AM.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:54 AM   #96
mommyof2princesses
Being mom to 2 princessess is a lot of work!

subbing

2/2014 Boardwalk Girls only!12/2013 POFQ FD1/29/12 POFQ FD POP 1/11 FD! Disneyland 4/10 POFQ 9/09 FD
AKL 9/08 POFQ 9/07 FD POFQ 9/06 FDg POFQ 10/05 Kids first trip!
Off property Honeymoon Trip 12/00 Off property 4/82 My first trip!
http://myrunningshoeisaglasssliper.blogspot.com/
mommyof2princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 03:00 PM   #97
asktriplets
DIS Veteran

bump!

took me a few minutes to find this thread, so i figured i'd bump it up for anyone gearing up for a spring trip! we leave in 7 weeks and our family loves the idea of doing a movie themed dinner weekly!

last night was our Brother Bear party. here are a few more suggestions:

-we made a "family totem pole". each of us picked an animal, and using some pics of inuit artwork, i tried to copy the general style when drawing the pictures of the animals. (i wanted the kids to draw their own, but they just wanted to color them in). we were going to just draw them on paper and tape them to the wall, but we ended up buying some Crayola markers that color on glass and we drew the pictures on the windows next to our front door.

-we covered the kitchen table with dark blankets and used our flameless candles under the table as a "fire" inside our "cave" where we ate our dinner (salmon run fish, grass/salad, and berries)

we did a Peter Pan party when the movie was released (last year?) and here are a few extra suggestions for that:

- we took an old sheet and draped it over some trim board scraps tied together to make a teepee. the kids and i used poster paint to decorate it (used pics. of tiger Lilly's village in the Peter Pan book for decorating ideas).

-we hung blue material from a door way to make a waterfall, and taped paper "rocks" on the floor leading to it. we played "follow the leader" hopping on the rocks, going under the waterfall, aound the indian village, etc.

-we all have been characters from Peter Pan for the last 2 Halloweens, so we were set for costumes, but the grandparents dressed as pirates with bandanas.

thanks for all the great ideas!
Old 03-13-2008, 08:53 AM   #98
PrincessTigerLily
DIS Veteran

asktriplets,
Thank you so much for breathing new life into this thread! I hit a block with movies and ideas and have been hoping someone would be able to add!! Great ideas! We will add them to the index on post #1!

Old 03-13-2008, 12:19 PM   #99
asktriplets
DIS Veteran

princesstigerlily,

thank you so much for putting this all together!

my kids have LOVED reading down the list of ideas and thinking of what they might want to do next...one of my girls' favorite movie is Aristocats, and your most recent ideas for that party were great! the kids are beyond excited to make the creme de la creme de edgar and lick it up like a cat next week!

we did more of this kind of thing last year before i started them in preschool...i think you all have listed some GREAT ideas that are really pretty educational, too (the painting for aristocats is just one example, and i know my kids and i have done some research on native american artwork with our brother bear and peter pan movie parties).

the other nice thing about being Disney fans is that on these nights, the kids don't even have to watch the movie that night to understand everything that you are doing (my kids watched part of the Brother Bear Singalong movie last night while i was getting dinner ready, but really, they were more interested in the stuff for the party than watching the movie!)
Old 03-13-2008, 02:16 PM   #100
Deffenm
DIS Veteran

Anybody have any ideas for Cinderella? We don't have very many Disney movies so I thought I would buy a movie each month and plan a meal and event around the movie and then present the movie to the kids to watch. We were going to go to WDW this Dec but it looks like we won't be able to go until 2009. This will give us something to look forward to each month until our next trip.
DD (10)

May 2005 - AsMov
Sept. 2006 - POP
Sept. 2007 - POR
Aug. 2008 - AKL
June. 2010 - CBR (Grand Gathering)
April 2012 - POP
Oct. 2014 - POP
Deffenm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 04:07 PM   #101
homeschoolmomof4
Keep moving forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMouse View Post

We had a lot of fun!

Where did you find the frozen Mickey burgers?? I looked at the link to the Disney/family fun and couldn't find anything that was marketed in my area.

Pop Century January 2015 Pop Century December 2013 Pop Century October 2012 Pop Century December 2011 Pop Century December 2010 Contemporary March 2010-Parents only trip!! Pop Century December 2009 Pop Century January 2009 Wilderness Lodge January 2008 Wilderness Lodge February 2007 Contemporary February 2005

homeschoolmomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:51 PM   #102
asktriplets
DIS Veteran

mickey burgers

we've got them at our supertarget
Old 03-14-2008, 07:51 AM   #103
homeschoolmomof4
Keep moving forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by asktriplets View Post
we've got them at our supertarget
Oooh!! I've looked at all my local grocery stores and didn't even think to look there. Thanks!

Pop Century January 2015 Pop Century December 2013 Pop Century October 2012 Pop Century December 2011 Pop Century December 2010 Contemporary March 2010-Parents only trip!! Pop Century December 2009 Pop Century January 2009 Wilderness Lodge January 2008 Wilderness Lodge February 2007 Contemporary February 2005

homeschoolmomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 08:05 PM   #104
PrincessTigerLily
DIS Veteran

We find the Disney food items at WalMarts that have grocery stores inside them. The Mickey head-shaped cheeses are a favorite at our house.
Still working on the Cinderella night! I will have a post soon!

Old 03-15-2008, 09:26 AM   #105
PrincessTigerLily
DIS Veteran

Cinderella

Movie - Cinderella

Menu - Cinderella's Royal Banquet
Royal Roast Beef (note:takes approx 3-4 hours)http://www.elise.com/recipes/archive...roast_beef.php
Green beans
Parmesan Potatoes http://allearsnet.com/din/rec_parmpot.htm
For dessert, strawberry soup from Cinderella's dinner at 1900 Park Fare
http://allearsnet.com/din/rec_straw.htm

Activity - Have the whole family work together to create a cardboard castle, you can even try to find materials to construct it to look like Disney World's Cinderella Castle!
http://jas.familyfun.go.com/arts-and...&craftid=11227
Anybody think their kids might get into being Cinderella-in-rags? If so, have them each don an apron and set them up with a feather duster to toil until the clock strikes twelve (microwave timer chimes!). Great way to get your dusting done! After this, the Fairy Godmother should arrive to get the Cinderellas ready for the ball!
Make "Fairy Godmother Dust". Buy extra fine glitter at a craft store, mix in with aloe vera and put into a pretty container with a tight fitting lid.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: