Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 529 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:15 AM   #1021
dizneychik
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emme View Post
Here is a link to Pixie Party ideas...too cute!

http://familyfun.go.com/parties/part...-party-844544/
Thank you so much, Emme!!!! I am going to take a look now!

Be a blessing to others without the expectation that something will be given in return!

"My name is Mater. You know like Tow Mater" Mater (I love to hear my 4 year old Princess say this!!!)

dizneychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 05:06 PM   #1022
hcoker1
Mouseketeer

Location: Woodstock Ontario, half way between Detroit and Toronto.

Just reconnected with this thread after a few months away and got some new ideas. I think we will try the Brother Bear dinner next weekend since DS got it as a birthday gift and I don't think we've watched it yet (or at least I haven't!). Unfortunately no trips planned officially so I need to feel the "magic" again, the movie nights will have to tide me over!

hcoker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2010, 01:04 AM   #1023
MissAndrea
Mouseketeer

We had a Lilo and Stitch night back on 7/16/10 but due to a variety of factors, I'm just now posting them. However, now that I've seen WeLoveLilo05's pics, I'm a little sad...hers freaking rocked! *note, as soon as I'm done with posting, I will be on ebay looking for Lilo items!

We started pretty late in the evening and because I was trying to keep it as easy as possible, I cut lots of corners in cooking. Ex: rather than using some big long recipe to make a hawaiian chicken, I bought a hawaiian marinade. So here are lots of pics of our night!
DH cutting fresh pineapple

DD9 putting pineapple and strawberries on skewers

Me with sweet potato fries (frozen bag kind...way easier than cutting them myself and way yummier)

DD frosting celebration cake. It's actually a weight watcher recipe and it is DELISH and super easy to make! DH loved it so much he wanted it for his bday a couple weeks ago. The frosting is made with crushed pineapple so that's why we had it.

DD just had sprite. Stitch had the real deal...the little devil.

The chicken on the far right was not marinated because I figured my DD wouldn't touch the hawaiian chicken. I was wrong! She LOVED it and still talks it!

Movie time!

So much fun!!!!!
Old 09-27-2010, 06:48 AM   #1024
Emme
DIS Veteran

Miss Andrea what a GREAT job you did~~~ I love that your hubby was so involved in the "process" as well. Mine is like that too

Your pictures were perfect and it looks like you all enjoyed yourselves! We are having one Friday night so I better get to planning...lol~
Old 09-27-2010, 10:43 AM   #1025
nancy drew
DIS Veteran

Nice job, Miss Andrea! I think you've inspired me to have a Lilo night this week!

Me DD 10 DS 8
1982: Contemporary 1989: Contemporary 1998: Disneyland (day trip) 2005: Wilderness Lodge 2006: Wilderness Lodge 2007: Contemporary 2008: Disneyland (Park Vue) 2009: Disneyland (HoJo) 2010: Pop Century 2011: Disneyland (PPH/DLH) and Boardwalk 2012: San Diego and Disneyland (PPH) 2013: Polynesian and Port Orleans Riverside 2014: Dolphin and Disney Dream
nancy drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:36 PM   #1026
bear74
DIS Veteran

Anyone have ideas for decorations for a Disney Themed Halloween Birthday Party, for a little princess. I bought a few Halloween decorations last year at walgreens but I am trying to think of more girly stuff then just mickey that will last a few years.
bear74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 02:55 PM   #1027
Emme
DIS Veteran

We had a Princess and the Frog night last evening.

We decorated pretty much in Mardi Gras colors and theme. We kept it simple because I literally planned it the day before...lol. I printed some graphics that we cut out from the web to brighten the table and other "New Orleans" style decorations. Even Mickey masked up
We had the most amazing and yummy Cajun Shrimp over white rice, collards with bacon (first time I ever made them), and warm homemade corn bread with butter.

Then for dessert we fried beignets (fried dough) with powedered sugar. We improvised a bit though . We used biscuits in a tube and broke off the pieces and fried them. Then came the drenching in powdered sugar. WHOA!!! They were so good~

It was a wonderful night and even my 82 year old mom came over and joined in the festivities! These theme nights are so much fun and they really can help you along until your next actual WDW trip .
Old 10-04-2010, 12:18 PM   #1028
floridascgirl
DIS Veteran

Love your Lilo night, Miss Andrea. Everything was adorable.

Emme...your night looked like great fun, too! Please tell me where you got your wooden Mickey cutting board...I must have one ASAP!

Many trips as a child! 2005 Thanksgiving Wilderness Lodge2008 Jan. Wilderness Lodge
2009 Jan/Feb Animal Kingdom Lodge2009 Dec. Animal Kingdom Lodge2010 July Boardwalk Inn2011 Feb. Animal Kingdom Lodge2012 Nov. Pop Century

floridascgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 10:30 PM   #1029
tbandemommy
Earning My Ears

Beauty and the Beast theme night

Hello all!

I just wanted to share a few pictures from our theme night. We did this tonight so I wanted to share while things are still fresh in mind. I had DH creat a simple invitation. I set a fancy table with the good dishes, a nice tablecloth and candles. DS and DD each made a Lumiere craft for the table. I had DD put on her Belle gown and gather all of her Belle dolls to join us. for supper I made chicken cordon bleu, gruyere cassoulet (CRT,) green beans almondine, french bread and apple pie. We also had "wine" aka grape juice complete with Mickey ice cubes. After supper we all watched Beauty and the Beast. DD loved it. DSs' loved it too (even though they won' say that out loud.) I will try to post pictures

KOTS

me DH
DS16 DS14 DD9 Heidi Sophie Molly 1993-2009

tbandemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 05:34 PM   #1030
PelletierBears
Mouseketeer

I have to say that I absolutely love this thread!

My kids are 14 and 17 now but this looked like such a great way to count down to our trip that I decided to give it a try. We don't do all the decorations since we don't have toys around and I'm not about to buy new ones just to decorate but we do crepe paper, disney dishes, glasses, etc. Also instead of making up a game we pick a family game to play like Cranium, etc. We do chose a menu that themes to the movie if possible.

My husband recently said that at first he thought it was going to be lame but was wrong and really enjoyed it. Now he's always asking what the next movie is, what's for dinner, etc We have a rule that no one can multi-task during the evening so everyone stays involved (no ipods, laptops, cells, etc!). And we've picked the movies as a family so we know everyone will watch. My husband even threw in a couple of Universal movies since we're doing one day at that park in December (the Mummy, Harry Potter).

So if you have older kids and are looking for a way to bring everyone together (which is hard when everyone is so busy) give this a try!

1982 - offsite, 1996 - offsite, May 2001 - AKL, June 2006 - WL, June 2007 - WL, July 2008 - WL, June 2009 -Split stay: Pirate rm CBR & Poly Club Level!, December 2010 -Split stay: POP & WL, June 2012 - Split stay: CSR & WL, January 2014 - Split stay: AKL Club level & Poly, January 2015 - AKL Club level
PelletierBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 01:24 PM   #1031
Becc1
DIS Veteran

repost sorry

Can I really keep my mouth shut for the next 6 months?
Princesses don't hit, kick or spit! A May/June 2011 TR

Last edited by Becc1; 10-22-2010 at 07:30 PM.
Becc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:20 PM   #1032
Becc1
DIS Veteran

We had our first Disney theme night a couple of weeks ago to celebrate the dvd release of Beauty and the Beast. The kids had alot of fun and are really looking forward to our Cars night this upcoming Saturday. We've planned 2 a month leading up to our trip in May, they don't know about the trip yet, they just think this is for fun. In April (about 30 days out) I plan on having a Mickey theme party and we'll tell them about our trip. Our menu for the evening was kept simple due to a couple picky eaters I have. We had French food, meaning french dips and french fries, lol. We also had hot turkey sandwiches, applesauce and Cogsworth cupcakes.

We gathered some of my DD's Belle stuff for decorations

[IMG][/IMG]

Our Cogsworth cupcakes

[IMG][/IMG]

Lumiere crafts made by the kids

[IMG][/IMG]

The kids loved drinking out of the "fancy" glasses

[IMG][/IMG]

Chocolate milk and cupcakes for dessert!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Emily and her doll Emma dressed for the occasion

[IMG][/IMG]

What a fun night, so glad I found this thread on here because my kids really enjoy it!

Old 11-01-2010, 09:35 PM   #1033
Becc1
DIS Veteran

We've had 2 more theme nights and we are doing Toy Story day tomorrow in honor of the dvd coming out. The kids are having so much fun!

First up was Cars, which is my ds Ben's favorite movie.

We did a Flo's V-8 Cafe theme with diner food. We had burgers, french fries, onion rings, Cars shaped mac and cheese and chocolate donut "tires" as dessert. Our crafts were stop light graham cracker snacks and a Cars candy necklace. Ben and Emily also did a Cars puzzle.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Next up is a Halloween/Haunted Mansion/Tower of Terror day. I decided to do this on a whim when I found the Tower of Terror dvd at Sam's Club last week. My ds Sam had wanted it when we saw it in the gift shop at TOT but
I was a mean mom and didn't buy it then so I was really excited when I found it at Sam's for $9 last week. On the menu was mummy pizzas (english muffins with mozzerella string cheese and olives for eyes), mummy dogs (hot dogs wrapped in refridgerated breadstick dough), franken tots (tater tots) and for dessert we had Mickey mummy cupcakes, Haunted Mansion cupcakes and eyes balls (vanilla pudding with gummy lifesavers). As a craft we made Haunted Mansion bookmarks, we watched Tower of Terror before dinner and the Haunted Mansion afterwards. The kids had never seen either movie and liked them both!

Old 11-02-2010, 05:49 AM   #1034
nettii
DIS Veteran

Cute ideas I love your mummy cup cakes!

1st trip 2006 ALL Star SPORTS (fell in LOVE )
2007 POP (Pure magic )
2007 POFQ (A Merry Mickey Holiday adventure):3
2008 POP (My Moms 1st trip-Had a blast)
2009 ALL Star MoviesHappy Haunts in the MK
2010-(Mom & T conquire the Mts of MK)
2011- DREAM CRUISE!
2012-Thanksgiving at CBR!
nettii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 04:18 PM   #1035
Becc1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettii View Post
Cute ideas I love your mummy cup cakes!
Thanks, I got the recipe here

http://family.go.com/disney/pkg-disn...my-cupcakes-t/

The top was supposed to be strips of rolled out marshmellow but we just could not get it the way it was supposed to come out, so I just used white frosting and piped the lines on.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: