Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 792 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:48 PM   #991
GoofTroop79
DIS Veteran

Toy Story Night. THe night before the movie came out we had a toy story game night for our family night. THe kids definetely go spoiled this night because i bought all the toy story games and it was like pizza planet had exploded right in my dining room they loved it.

Kids

Juice

Galactic Goo

Pizza

Table complete with silly bandz

Mom went a lil overboard
Old 07-19-2010, 11:57 PM   #992
PrincessTigerLily
DIS Veteran

Well, I have finally joined this century and am posting pictures of tonight's Family Fun Night ~ The Three Caballeros!!!

A window to Mexico for...

Three Caballeros Night!!!

Making Mexican tissue paper flowers

DD1's tissue paper flower

Playing "Donde Esta Donald" (thanks pp!)

Dinner was baked nachos and rice

Dessert: Dulce de Leche Hagen Daz (with extra caramel sauce, yummy!)

PrincessTigerLily is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-24-2010, 11:59 PM   #993
leagirl12
DIS Veteran

Tonight was Peter Pan

DS got to pick tonights movie and he chose Peter Pan. We watched Peter Pan, Return to Neverland, and Finding Neverland and finished the night playing a Peter Pan board game that I printed from a Disney website.

For dinner we had Pirate ship pizza...I let DD and DS decorate the masts:

Fruit Kabobs were our Fairy Wands:

Corn was our Pirates gold:

A crocodile cake for dessert:

It was a great night!!
2009 - 1st Cruise on the Wonder
2012 - 7 night Cruise on the Fantasy
leagirl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 05:34 AM   #994
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

great pics leagirl....... love the cake!

Anyone planning a Ratatouille night soon, I see it's on tv (I think Sunday or Monday) this week?

There were some good ideas on previous posts, just wondered if any of you have other ideas. Thanks!
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2015 Port Orleans Riverside

DisneyDoc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 01:18 PM   #995
PrincessMom4
DVC member-SSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy drew View Post
Princess and the Frog

We aren't fans of Gumbo or Jambalaya, so I borrowed from the menus of 2 of the best restaurants at Disneyland: Cafe Orleans and Blue Bayou.

Our Menu:

In case you can't see it, we had:

French Onion Soup
Monte Cristo Sandwiches
Pomme Frites
Mickey Beignets
Fruity Frogs

The Fruity Frogs:

This was a very labor-intense meal, so I was too hungry and tired to take decent pictures of the food . Also, we had no time for a craft. The kids played "Tiana's Place" and took turns being the chef in a restaurant while I made dinner.

what did you make those frogs out of?? It looks like apples.
ALK-Jambo-August 21-29/11; AKL-Kidani Villas-March 13-17/11;1st DVC trip-Kidani Villas-September 5-11/10; Space Ranger Mission - August 16-22/09;DS4th WDW birthday trip - March14 - 20/09;Pirate adventure-August 26-Sept 2/08;1st family trip-August 23-Sept 1/07
PrincessMom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 03:32 PM   #996
earudick
•:*¨¨*:•.Dream.•:*¨¨*:•

Peter Pan Party

Thanks LeaGirl12 for getting me "HOOKED" on these Disney Movie Dinners.

She talked about it at work so much I had to try it too. I used her cake from her POTC for this party but it didn't turn out as good as hers.

My DD started taping some boxes together to make a ship. We spray painted it and she glued on some clip art I printed out.

earudick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:18 AM   #997
PrincessTigerLily
DIS Veteran

Earudick- can you please post the link to that Peter Pan game? TIA!
PrincessTigerLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:52 PM   #998
earudick
•:*¨¨*:•.Dream.•:*¨¨*:•

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessTigerLily View Post
Earudick- can you please post the link to that Peter Pan game? TIA!

Here is the link....enjoy:
http://disney.go.com/partners/printandplay/
earudick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 09:27 PM   #999
dsnycrzy
W/4 kids who has time for anything else but planning our next WDW trip!

I finally did a little shopping to start my disney nights. Martini glasses, table clothes, some bead necklaces, rose pedals (maybe for lady and the tramp) colorful cups, clear plastic bowls for dirt desserts or jellos from nemo desserts,ect. Im on a roll now. Thanks All.
97-99-HOJO MGE ***00-POR/CRUISE***01-05-HOJO MGE ***06-NICK &HOJO MGE***07-POP/NICK/HOJO MGE *** 08-SUITES @OLD TOWN***09-POP/CBR ***10- NO TRIP &11-No Trip- BABY ON THE WAY 12- CBR/PORFQ/POP/SUITES @OLD TOWN***13-RPR/CBR &VACATION HOME***14-CBB/ASMu/AoA

dsnycrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:53 AM   #1000
hodgieha
Mouseketeer

subscribing
Next: Disney World 10/14. Dream 2/15
hodgieha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:37 AM   #1001
acomasdiaz
DIS Veteran

We finally had our first movie night. We went with Finding Nemo. The kids had so much fun that they haven't stopped talking about it and can't wait for the next one.

Next up, Toy Story night...Can't wait...
Old 08-04-2010, 12:09 PM   #1002
WeLoveLilo05
DIS Veteran

So we are currently 2 weeks away from our 2 day drive to WDW I'm really excited, nervous, anxious, so many emotions for this drive! So last night we decided to have another DMR so we did Lilo and Stitch. Now, Lilo and Stitch holds a very special place in my heart for many reasons #1 it was the last Disney movie that I saw with my parents and sis as a family in the theaters before we all "grew up". #2, I bought this movie home one day when Alanna was sick and she just fell in LOVE . She was about 2 and a half, maybe close to 3 when I got it for her and all day everyday she would put on her hula skirt and dance. By the 3 1/2 she knew all the words, I loved when she would do the whole "stinkin Tuna" monologue. I can't tell you how many times we would do the hula in the opening credits with the dancers . One Christmas I got her a whole bunch on L+S toys on ebay for cheap, still in packages, she was so surprised. I even got Lilo's dress, which still fits her. And #3, I love the whole theme of Lilo and Stitch, Ohana, the Hawaiian culture, etc. So it was a fun night, got everything from the Dollar Tree/Christmas Tree shop for $1.
Our table setting:

We really watched the 2nd one, Stitch has a a Glitch, I let Alanna pick from the 3 that we have and that was the one she wanted. I personally LOVE the first one. I love that L+S with the sand bucket, Lilo smells like sun tan lotion

Our "pig roast" AKA Ham Steak with pineapple

Teriyaki Noodles and "palm trees" AKA the only veggie my family will eat- broccoli.

our cake:

Activity #1 for the night: Lilo and Stitch Island Adventure Game. I got this on ebay super cheap, sealed. Its fun, kinda long. But there's tons of activities you have surf, go on a scavenger hunt, dance like Elvis, etc. It was cute and a lot of fun.

Activity #2~ Limbo Time! Which was hilarious, my back still hurts today

And this is usually what happens when we watch this movie:

2 weeks til our drive, hopefully we could squeeze in 1 more movie night which will be CARS

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm Possible." ~ Audrey Hepburn

WeLoveLilo05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 01:35 AM   #1003
WeLoveLilo05
DIS Veteran

It's a Bug's World After All!

Since it was just me and Alanna tonight, we did another movie night, A Bug's Life. We just had some sandwiches that I used a flower cookie cutter to cut out, tomatoes, some fruit, chips, and I made the dirt cup with a "lady bug". We had a little indoor picnic

the dirt cup

For our craft I just printed out some Bug's Life pictures and we colored them, here's Alanna's

We plan on doing Cars on Thursday, and maybe I could squeeze in a "Night Before Disney" one before we leave.

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm Possible." ~ Audrey Hepburn

WeLoveLilo05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 12:27 PM   #1004
PrincessMom4
DVC member-SSR

This is the start to our theme nights. Not as creatively done (yet...lol) as WeLoveLilo05 but we are getting there.
ALK-Jambo-August 21-29/11; AKL-Kidani Villas-March 13-17/11;1st DVC trip-Kidani Villas-September 5-11/10; Space Ranger Mission - August 16-22/09;DS4th WDW birthday trip - March14 - 20/09;Pirate adventure-August 26-Sept 2/08;1st family trip-August 23-Sept 1/07
Old 08-14-2010, 12:35 PM   #1005
PrincessMom4
DVC member-SSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLoveLilo05 View Post
So we are currently 2 weeks away from our 2 day drive to WDW I'm really excited, nervous, anxious, so many emotions for this drive! So last night we decided to have another DMR so we did Lilo and Stitch. Now, Lilo and Stitch holds a very special place in my heart for many reasons #1 it was the last Disney movie that I saw with my parents and sis as a family in the theaters before we all "grew up". #2, I bought this movie home one day when Alanna was sick and she just fell in LOVE . She was about 2 and a half, maybe close to 3 when I got it for her and all day everyday she would put on her hula skirt and dance. By the 3 1/2 she knew all the words, I loved when she would do the whole "stinkin Tuna" monologue. I can't tell you how many times we would do the hula in the opening credits with the dancers . One Christmas I got her a whole bunch on L+S toys on ebay for cheap, still in packages, she was so surprised. I even got Lilo's dress, which still fits her. And #3, I love the whole theme of Lilo and Stitch, Ohana, the Hawaiian culture, etc. So it was a fun night, got everything from the Dollar Tree/Christmas Tree shop for $1.
Our table setting:

We really watched the 2nd one, Stitch has a a Glitch, I let Alanna pick from the 3 that we have and that was the one she wanted. I personally LOVE the first one. I love that L+S with the sand bucket, Lilo smells like sun tan lotion

Our "pig roast" AKA Ham Steak with pineapple

Teriyaki Noodles and "palm trees" AKA the only veggie my family will eat- broccoli.

our cake:

where did you get those cups??

Activity #1 for the night: Lilo and Stitch Island Adventure Game. I got this on ebay super cheap, sealed. Its fun, kinda long. But there's tons of activities you have surf, go on a scavenger hunt, dance like Elvis, etc. It was cute and a lot of fun.

Activity #2~ Limbo Time! Which was hilarious, my back still hurts today

And this is usually what happens when we watch this movie:

2 weeks til our drive, hopefully we could squeeze in 1 more movie night which will be CARS

Your decor was fantastic. I need to pick up a Lilo as we have lots of stitch but not any Lilo.
I have more Cars stuff than I know what to do with, BUT then I have 3 boys and one preteen girl.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: