Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2010, 04:55 PM   #976
miknminniesfriend
Earning My Ears

Uh-oh......when is TSM closed?
miknminniesfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 04:59 PM   #977
WeLoveLilo05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
Awesome!! We saw the movie too, but I think we might see again when my sister gets here, and then we can have a theme party! I just wanted to say, I 'm pretty sure we have/had that same alien mug!!!!
haha, yes its pretty old I think its from a Disney on Ice show from YEARS ago.

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm Possible." ~ Audrey Hepburn

WeLoveLilo05 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2010, 05:01 PM   #978
WeLoveLilo05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by miknminniesfriend View Post
Uh-oh......when is TSM closed?
I *think* Aug 16th-28th...of course we will be there the 20th-27th

Old 06-27-2010, 05:04 PM   #979
WeLoveLilo05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The4bits View Post
Thursday, June 10th we had a Meet the Robinsons movie night. We had a lot of fun. This used to be my DS's favorite movie 2 years ago but he hasn't watched it much since.

We had spaghetti and meatballs (no food fights with meatballs though) and I was going to make some sort of pb&j dessert but nothing really sounded all that great. So instead we had nilla wafers with peanut butter and banana sliced on top. Very good. Not so much like the movie but still very good.

Before dinner we made Lewis hats. Basically I cut yellow construction paper in half with a ragged edge and then punched holes in the ends and tied them onto our heads with yellow ribbon. Then the kids said they needed glasses so we took some old 3D glasses and punched the lenses out. Voila Lewis glasses (or close enough).

Decorations weren't much, just the Meet the Robinsons figurine set and the movie.

After dinner we played Lewis baseball. I took another piece of construction paper and drew bases. We would roll the dice and a 1 = first base, 2 = second base, 3 = third base, 4 = home run and 5 & 6 were strike outs.

(gotta love the spaghetti mustaches)

Finally movie time. I like this movie it's pretty different at times but it's a great movie all the same. At the end when he realizes his family to be is standing in front of him it always makes me tear up.

The quote at the end by Walt Disney is awesome and I love how they fade all the words out except for "Keep Moving Forward".

Now in case you were wondering what my DH does during movie nights....

Yes that's right, he sleeps. Through each one. Guess we can't all love disney as much as us.
love the Lewis hats, so cute!

DD used to really like that movie, now she won't let me turn it on!
And she won't EVER watch Monsters Inc b/c she is afraid of Roz! Ugh, I love that movie!
Yet....she loves Alice in Wonderland with Johnny Depp

Old 06-27-2010, 05:10 PM   #980
DisDr.
Caution: Doors Open Automagically Toward You

Lots of great ideas!

We had a Lilo & Stitch night last night:
Chicken, Venison, and Pineapple Kabobs
Rice
Peanut Dipping Sauce
Homemade vanilla ice cream with oatmeal chocolate chip cookies

& watched Lilo & Stitch for the first time!

Kids had a blast and it was alot of fun. Thanks!
DIS Dad's Club Member #475 DISDads Facebook Group Member

DisDr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:18 PM   #981
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

Disney Fun night #4 - Pirates of the Caribbean

This was a fun and easy one - lot's of stuff around the house. Enjoy...

This is supposed to be a treasure chest cake - a little messy, but tasted good!

2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

DisneyDoc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:30 PM   #982
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

Disney Fun night #5 - Alice in Wonderland (original)

This night was really fun - I hadn't remembered this movie much and DH and kids hadn't seen it!

Coloring...

Table scape....

Cut some corners with this bakery cake...

Building card houses...

Fun board game I got from Disney.com...
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

DisneyDoc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 04:29 PM   #983
debraW76
DIS Veteran

Need ideas

For our 11 week countdown I wanted to do an international theme (since there are 11 countries in EPCOT). We have multiple families going so I was thinking of having each family bring something from a different country but that is about as creative as I can get.

Any ideas from those who are more creative than me?

Oh and we are all broke cause we are saving our pennies for Disney. So all decorations/activities/etc have to be cheap
Old 07-10-2010, 08:20 PM   #984
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debraW76 View Post
For our 11 week countdown I wanted to do an international theme (since there are 11 countries in EPCOT). We have multiple families going so I was thinking of having each family bring something from a different country but that is about as creative as I can get.

Any ideas from those who are more creative than me?

Oh and we are all broke cause we are saving our pennies for Disney. So all decorations/activities/etc have to be cheap
For the menu, try www.allearsnet.com. It list many recipes from the parks and resorts under the Dining tab. You can pick dishes from each country.
reelmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 02:01 PM   #985
WeLoveLilo05
DIS Veteran

Pirates of the Caribbean~ Curse of the Black Pearl

Since we finally got some rain yesterday we decided to stay in and do a Disney night...last night we were 40 days out. AT first Alanna wanted Lilo and Stitch, but then suddenly decided on PoTC, which surprised me greatly b/c she won't even go on the ride in Disney, but hey...thats kids for ya. So I had a bunch of pirate party things but I thought we'd use them for Peter Pan. As I was getting things together I sent Scott and Alanna to Dollar Tree to look for a pirate hat, big mistake, Scott went there AND Party City and spent $15 on pirate things , I don't spend that much on these nights, but he said he had to go out since we were watching one of his favorite Disney movies...so here it is

Ye Olde Pirate Punch (AKA fruit punch)

Flying Dutchmen Pizza Ships

CanonBALLS

Arrrg! Pirate Gold Teeth (AKA Corn)

Curse of the Black Pearl Cookies

Treasure Hunt Game we played with Alanna, we left maps around the house til she found her treasure (Toy Story Stickers, $2 and change for her Disney bank, some pirate party favors).

My little pirate....who dressed herself today lol

haha Screech..I mean..Scott

she found the treasure

Pin the Patch on Ye Pirate

It was fun, I tried to explain to Alanna that Jack SParrow and the Mad Hatter was the same person, but in different make-up...she is having a hard time believing this hahaha!
Up next....Cars? At least thats what I think.

Old 07-11-2010, 03:05 PM   #986
PrincessTigerLily
DIS Veteran

WS ideas

debraW76 ~ have fun with your WS night, great idea! Here's one idea: when you assign a family to a country, they also have an assignment: on a home computer or using scrapbooking supplies, each family must make a page to go along with their country. It would be fun to include facts about that country, how to say hello to the cast members in their native language, a photo of the national flag, and maybe even the recipe for the dish they bring unique to that country. Everyone can bring copies and you can bind them together for the kiddos to do that night or stash them away for the trip (restaurants, strolling around the world, car/plane ride). You could even add pages for pictures to be added later and autograph pages to make a whole memory book.
Also, you can google games from around the world to play, which can be kind of fun too. Hoping you have fun on your vacay

PrincessTigerLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:06 PM   #987
leagirl12
DIS Veteran

I am so thankful for this thread. I mentioned something about watching all of the POTC movies this past weekends and DD asked if we could have snacks that went with the movie. We had done this with Christmas movies for several weeks this past December. I said sure and then was like what the heck will I do...then I remembered that I had seen this thread. You all saved me!!!

I got some great ideas here. I hope you guys don't mind that I borrowed your ideas...LOL!

We had cannonball subs for dinner with a treasure chest cake for dessert. I hit the dollar tree for any decorations I didn't have. They had POTC puzzles so I got 2 of them and the kids had a contest...the first one to complete their puzzle got to pick the next movie theme night. DS won and picked Peter Pan! Our plan is to have a Disney family movie night every other weekend. This will help pass the time till our next trip in April...which the kids don't know about...they think our next Disney fix will be in 2012 on a cruise. DD said these movie nights could be our own Disney World.
2009 - 1st Cruise on the Wonder
2012 - 7 night Cruise on the Fantasy
leagirl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 05:26 PM   #988
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

Good job on POTC night. Love the Hidden Mickey plates. This thread has such great ideas. Have fun with all your nights.
reelmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:12 PM   #989
GoofTroop79
DIS Veteran

I found this thread a few weeks ago and instantly fell in love. Thank you for all the great ideas. I wanted to share what i have done with you.

Our first night was A Bug's Life

We made buggy masks

Made pipe cleaner bugs

Had worms in dirt

Ladybug strawberries

The centerpiece

Ants on a log

Dinner was, bonless ribs, corn and mashed taters
Old 07-19-2010, 02:39 PM   #990
GoofTroop79
DIS Veteran

Not sure why some pics posted big and others small, sorry about that. I am trying to fix it but they are set to the small size on photobucket

Our next night was Cars, we had a blast with that

Pit Road

THe table, sorry it is so dark

The centerpiece which was also a game we played later on

Doc Hudson Dippers

Tower of Tires

Traffic LIghts

Pulled Pork Racecars

3 of the 7 kids, the older ones didn't want in the picture lol

Playing Maters Tool Toss (got it on clearance at party city for 5 bucks had to pick it up)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: