Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2010, 10:41 PM   #781
WeLoveLilo05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy drew View Post
Princess and the Frog

We aren't fans of Gumbo or Jambalaya, so I borrowed from the menus of 2 of the best restaurants at Disneyland: Cafe Orleans and Blue Bayou.

Our Menu:

In case you can't see it, we had:

French Onion Soup
Monte Cristo Sandwiches
Pomme Frites
Mickey Beignets
Fruity Frogs

The Fruity Frogs:

This was a very labor-intense meal, so I was too hungry and tired to take decent pictures of the food . Also, we had no time for a craft. The kids played "Tiana's Place" and took turns being the chef in a restaurant while I made dinner.
Ooooo! I LOVE french onion soup! Your frogs look great, how was the beignets?

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm Possible." ~ Audrey Hepburn

WeLoveLilo05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 12:17 AM   #782
nancy drew
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLoveLilo05 View Post
Ooooo! I LOVE french onion soup! Your frogs look great, how was the beignets?

Thanks

I French Onion Soup as well, and often make a batch on Sundays to have for lunch all week. I just forgot that it takes sooooooo looooooooong to make!!! Next time I am totally making that in advance, since it tastes better after sitting in the fridge for a few days anyway!

The beignets are always good. I bought a box of the Cafe Du Monde mix when Princess and the Frog came out, to show the kids what beignets are, and we STILL have some mix left in the box!

Also next time I am totally just frying up the sandwiches in the same oil with the beignets. I wanted to avoid all the heavy fried foods (the Pomme Frites were baked in the oven) so I cooked the sandwiches like pancakes, on a griddle with nonstick spray. They were "Eh". Then when I made the beignets I threw the sandwiches in the oil, which is how you are supposed to cook them, and dusted them with powdered sugar like they do at BB, and OMG!!! They were JUST like the ones at BB!! In case anyone wants to try it, here is the recipe. Deep fried ham and cheese sandwiches. You can't go wrong!!! (I made mine with turkey and swiss, no ham).

Me DD 10 DS 8
1982: Contemporary 1989: Contemporary 1998: Disneyland (day trip) 2005: Wilderness Lodge 2006: Wilderness Lodge 2007: Contemporary 2008: Disneyland (Park Vue) 2009: Disneyland (HoJo) 2010: Pop Century 2011: Disneyland (PPH/DLH) and Boardwalk 2012: San Diego and Disneyland (PPH) 2013: Polynesian and Port Orleans Riverside 2014: Dolphin and Disney Dream
nancy drew is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2010, 06:49 AM   #783
my2disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLoveLilo05 View Post
Can anyone think of a movie night I could do with meatloaf as the main course? We were going to do Princess and the Frog this weekend but haven't been able to get out and buy the movie this week.
So I am going to make my dinner for tomorrow, tonight (since we're going car shopping in the afternoon) and I am making meatloaf, broccoli w/ mozzarella cheese and oil and garlic, asparagus, mashed potatoes and corn.
DD has been watching a lot of the incredibles lately, maybe something with that?
I did Meatloaf when we watched Bugs Life.... I made ant holes in the sides of the meat loaf and decorate the platter with some gummy worms... it was an easy and yummy night!

2004-POP . 2007-POR . 2009-POFQ . 2010-POLY . 2011-POFQ . 2011-CBR . 2012-WL and DREAM CRUISE . 2013-BCV 10th Year Anniversary, Vow Renewal Trip! - January 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House - November 2014 -Thanksgiving and turning 40 at Beach Club Villas
my2disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 07:23 AM   #784
WeLoveLilo05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2disneyboys View Post
I did Meatloaf when we watched Bugs Life.... I made ant holes in the sides of the meat loaf and decorate the platter with some gummy worms... it was an easy and yummy night!
I think my movie night is going to be postponed, Im a little upset b/c DD was looking for one. We are looking for a car and fiance's parents are in town so I assume that we're going to be doing a lot of running around today (he gets one day off during the week and then one day out of the weekend.) Fiance just talked to his mom on Thursday and didn't even mention this to me, Im a little annoyed actually.
Well I'll see what happens and let you know how it goes.

Old 03-20-2010, 07:36 AM   #785
DisneyDorkORama
Mouseketeer

This is the best thread ever!

Disney trips are on hold until I can get a car!
DisneyDorkORama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 07:45 AM   #786
WeLoveLilo05
DIS Veteran

Anyone doing Snow White tonight? I see it is going to be on the Disney Channel tonight at 7:30 estrn time I believe.

Old 03-20-2010, 02:44 PM   #787
Nettaboo
DIS Veteran

can someone post the directions for those super cute apple frogs??
Nettaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 05:52 PM   #788
nancy drew
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettaboo View Post
can someone post the directions for those super cute apple frogs??
Here ya go!

http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/fruity-frog-699462/

Quote:
Ingredients
Green apple (such as a Granny Smith)
Cream cheese
Chocolate chips
Green grapes

Instructions
Cut the apple into quarters and remove the core. Cut a thin wedge from one quarter for a mouth. For the eyes, shape cream cheese into two half-inch balls, and set them in place. Insert a chocolate chip, point-side in, into each cream cheese ball.
Use the grapes, cut in half, for the legs and feet. Slice four halves to create toes. Arrange the pieces as shown and serve on a paper lily pad.

Me DD 10 DS 8
1982: Contemporary 1989: Contemporary 1998: Disneyland (day trip) 2005: Wilderness Lodge 2006: Wilderness Lodge 2007: Contemporary 2008: Disneyland (Park Vue) 2009: Disneyland (HoJo) 2010: Pop Century 2011: Disneyland (PPH/DLH) and Boardwalk 2012: San Diego and Disneyland (PPH) 2013: Polynesian and Port Orleans Riverside 2014: Dolphin and Disney Dream
nancy drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 09:32 PM   #789
Princess Row
His Disney girl! <3

SOOOOO i jsut spent about three hours addicted to this thread. Who knows how i made it though. LOL I copied and pasted all the ones i liked (every single one) onto microsoft word.

I was thinking what about the tigger movie?
Maybe as a starter pretzels like the sticks for Eeyores house?
corndogs with lines of ketchup or mustard like tiggers tail
crinkled fries like his tail also
Little rolls with butter in them like hunny pots
Baby carrots like rabbits garden.

Desert of course the one everyone raves about......
TIGGER TAILS or Hunny pots.

All of this may seem a little weird or far fetched, but it seemed cute.
I love all of these ideas, especially when im not creative AT ALL. Thanks for all these ideas i LOVE them!
Princess Row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 09:59 AM   #790
Peter Pan Fan 22
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Row View Post
SOOOOO i jsut spent about three hours addicted to this thread. Who knows how i made it though. LOL I copied and pasted all the ones i liked (every single one) onto microsoft word.

I was thinking what about the tigger movie?
Maybe as a starter pretzels like the sticks for Eeyores house?
corndogs with lines of ketchup or mustard like tiggers tail
crinkled fries like his tail also
Little rolls with butter in them like hunny pots
Baby carrots like rabbits garden.

Desert of course the one everyone raves about......
TIGGER TAILS or Hunny pots.

All of this may seem a little weird or far fetched, but it seemed cute.
I love all of these ideas, especially when im not creative AT ALL. Thanks for all these ideas i LOVE them!
You seem creative to me with these great ideas! I love the corn dogs for tigger's tail and the little rolls as honey pots! I'm definitely gonna try to fit one of them in our next party!
Peter Pan Fan 22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 03:27 PM   #791
dancin'girl
DIS Veteran

Princess and the Frog

We grilled beef/veggie kabobs and had them over rice. I made the froggy apples and the frog cupcakes. I printed out a memory card game from the princess and the frog party page from family.go.com that the kids played while dinner was grilling. I also made the frog blowers from familyfun.com and we all had a blast trying to be the first to blow our flies across the floor. This was very funny to watch! Then we watched the movie!
dancin'girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 06:46 PM   #792
Emme
DIS Veteran

OK we accomplished our first Disney movie night this evening! We have no small children (me, DH, and teen DS) so this was more of a hang out, eat, and watch a flick kind of evening . We will attempt to have one every Sunday night to count down to our trip to the Polynesian in May!

We started with the "Three Caballeros!" First what an amazing movie. We had never seen it all the way through and it was a blast. The colors and images were pretty astounding for an early Disney movie.

We kept our table simple yet festive. We printed out clipart from the movie, got Fiesta paperware from the dollar store and improvised the rest . Our menu consisted of virgin margaritas; made from frozen Baccardi mixers, a giant plate of homemase nachos (tortillas, seasoned ground beef, salsa, sour cream, cheddar jack cheese), and for dessert we had sauted mexican bananas with butter, sugar, cinnamon and then sprinkled with dark chocolate....YUMMY!!

Our table...

Dessert (tasted better than this picture makes it look)
Old 03-21-2010, 07:10 PM   #793
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

great job Emme!
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

DisneyDoc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:50 PM   #794
jngwright
DIS Veteran

Darby O'Gill and the Little People

This was a cute movie that was really fun for St. Pats! (I love this thread-had never heard of the movie before this!)

My parents came over for dinner-my dad is joining us on our trip for SWW.

On the Menu:
Rainbow Rollups (Steak rolled up with provolone and spinach)
Pot O' Gold Biscuits
Shamrock fruit plate
Little People fingers (pickles)
Leprechaun Pie

The boys had made cute Leprechaun hats by modge podging tissue squares onto paper bowls, and a shamrock wreath.

Next up-Mulan

Jill DH DS (12) DS (12)Offsite '78-'94, POR '95, CSR '99, WL '00(Disneymoon ) Offsite '04, POFQ '06, POP'08,CBR/CSR '09,POR '10, AKV '11, OKW/BWV '11(New DVC owners!!!!) '12 BLT, '13 AKV/OKW, '14SoG,(Glass Slipper Finisher!)'14 AVK
jngwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 07:45 PM   #795
byrdangel
Earning My Ears

hoping to start our movie nights soon....feeling inspired....such a creative group of people...
byrdangel is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: