Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 526 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:51 PM   #556
PrincessTigerLily
DIS Veteran

runskyhy, great ideas! Please keep them coming!!

PrincessTigerLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 08:34 PM   #557
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

Thank you PrincessTigerLily for this thread, I can't wait to get started planning. You have obviously put a ton of work into this! I'm totally inspired!
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2015 Beach Club

DisneyDoc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-11-2009, 10:54 PM   #558
disney<333
DIS Veteran

I was thinking today of some Disney ideas and heres what we have
On thursday were having disney dinner.
Today the whole family made the menu and named a food after each character Heres our menu:
Piglet's Poppin lemonade
Pluto's Hotdogs
Daisy's garden salad - Were staying at the dolphin and the gift shop's name is Daisy's Garden
Ballo's Banana Split
Chip n' dales smores - Were going to the chip n dale campfire sing a long
Marlin's mashed Potatos
Chicken Little's chicken nuggets
Pooh's personal pizza
Tarzan's turkey burgers
The king of hearts key lime pie
Figment's French fries
Crush's carrots
Cinderalla's Cherrys
Abby Mallard's Apple Wedges
It's a buffet
The kids are going to help cook and are excited.
Also next week the Hannah Montana Movie comes out on dvd
so were going to watch the movie then everybody has to dance to a Hannah song and then end the night with a family favorite Hand's down (Board game)
The week after watch Ice Princess and then go ice skating
I also want to have everyone make a character mask if you want a none face character with paper plates and paint. and dress up as a character and wear the mask and then sign autograph books and take pictures
Also one last one on our october trip we will be eating at sci fi so were going to have a hamburger/rib dinner and then just put on the lamps so we have light but not a whole lot and watch Herbie fully loaded while we eat.
Let me know what you think of my ideas and I'll post pictures of them and say how they want in PTR and TR so take a look.
disney<333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 07:28 AM   #559
TwoGirlsandDisney
Mouseketeer

The Cars
We had race car BBQ chicken subs, traffic light treats, Mater's oil sundaes, and used hubcaps (pie tins) to serve.

BBQ Chicken Subs loook amazing. Can you post your recipe?

1999 off-site
2003 Port Orleans Riverside "honeymoon"
2005 All Star Movies
2008 Polynesian

2009 Villas at the Wilderness Lodge
2010 Bay Lake Tower
TwoGirlsandDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:21 PM   #560
BrookeTx
Mouseketeer

We are going to be doing a disney party in about 2 weeks. Wizards of Waverly Place movie is playing the same evening.

any food ideas?
BrookeTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:30 PM   #561
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

Yippie, we just had our first Disney Family Fun Night tonight, Lady and the Tramp! Kids ages 4-10, DH, DGrandma, all had a great time. I would love some direction from my fellow Dis friends on how to post pics, then I will share the night via photos. Thanks for all of the awesome ideas, we had a great time!
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2015 Beach Club

Old 08-16-2009, 08:39 PM   #562
disney<333
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrookeTx View Post
We are going to be doing a disney party in about 2 weeks. Wizards of Waverly Place movie is playing the same evening.

any food ideas?
Let me see if i can get my creative mind flowing
Maybe you can have 'potion soup' and the russos (the family on waverly place) own a sub shop so maybe everyone can make their own sub. And then for dessert bake wizard hat shaped cookies or something. Also decorate with a tropical theme because the movie takes place in a tropical setting. Let me know if I helped. Maybe for an activity everyone can take turns making spells and make wizard hats?
Old 08-16-2009, 08:54 PM   #563
disney<333
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDoc5 View Post
Yippie, we just had our first Disney Family Fun Night tonight, Lady and the Tramp! Kids ages 4-10, DH, DGrandma, all had a great time. I would love some direction from my fellow Dis friends on how to post pics, then I will share the night via photos. Thanks for all of the awesome ideas, we had a great time!
Hi,
Glad to hear disney night turned out so great
I know how you feel on the pictures it took me FOREVER to figure out. First you need to upload the pictures to the computer. Then make an account on photobucket.com. Once you have an account you need to opload the pictures to there. Then mouse over to the photo and it will say link options click on img code and then copy the code for bulletons and boards and then paste on to the thread. Let me know if you need more detailed help
Old 08-16-2009, 10:09 PM   #564
disneycrazy2004
too far away from Disney....

Quote:
Originally Posted by merfsko View Post
Sorry for the three-month or so delay; just switched computers.

On page 19, I posted our ideas for our 'Disney Theme Park Night.'
I FINALLY got around to uploading the pictures form that.
They are not as elaborate as many of the one's already posted, but keep in mind that our youngest is 16, and I was probably the most excited about the decoration out of our entire group- so they are very modest.

Here we go...

Our dinner... 'Minnie' dogs, Mickeroni, Fries, Ear-shaped pancakes

Dessert!

Pirates of the Caribbean...

Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin/Toy Story Mania...

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh...

Magic Kingdom boardgame...

I love it - where did you get the board game from - my kids would love that game.
Disney World-first trip-off site 2004 All Star Music-September,2007 Disney Magic-March,2008 All Star Sports-September,2008 Pop Century-August,2009 All Star Movies-December,2009 Pop Century-August,2010 All Star Music-August,2011 Caribbean Beach Resort-August,2011 Disney Magic-March,2012 Port Orleans-Riverside-August,2012 Disney Magic-Summer2013-B2B Med Cruise DVC Saratoga Springs Resort-May,2014 Old Key West-August,2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge-August,2014
disneycrazy2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 06:09 PM   #565
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney<333 View Post
Hi,
Glad to hear disney night turned out so great
I know how you feel on the pictures it took me FOREVER to figure out. First you need to upload the pictures to the computer. Then make an account on photobucket.com. Once you have an account you need to opload the pictures to there. Then mouse over to the photo and it will say link options click on img code and then copy the code for bulletons and boards and then paste on to the thread. Let me know if you need more detailed help
Thank you, thank you! I am going to give it a try right now!

Old 08-20-2009, 06:50 PM   #566
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

Yes, I figured out how to post pictures!!! So here is our first Disney Family Fun Night, Lady and the Tramp. We had pasta and meatballs, Lady's salad, Tramp's garlic bread, and cherry (juice) wine. While I was cooking I had the kids and grandma start a Lady and the Tramp puzzle (found it at Michael's - it has several puzzles in one box, with the coupon it was about $8). Then we had dinner. After dinner, they colored Lady and the Tramp pictures I found on Disney.com printable page (this is also where I downloaded the decorations on the table - all free). Then we had a paw print hunt, each child searched for a separate paw print color, when they found all six, they got a box with bones on it and inside was a ball with that sparkle juice on the inside. I made puppy chow (recipe on the rice chex box) for a snack and they ate it out of bowls like dogs. Then we all sat down and watched the movie. It was a huge hit with all ages and they are busy helping me plan a party for every movie they can think of! Thank you to everyone that has contributed to this thread, I love it!

Old 08-23-2009, 01:13 AM   #567
merfsko
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycrazy2004 View Post
I love it - where did you get the board game from - my kids would love that game.
We actually found it at Toys 'R Us. It's a lot of fun, especially if you're a fan of the parks (which we all are). You get to "visit" the attractions and move around the park

-merfsko
DLR x2
merfsko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:15 PM   #568
Peter Pan Fan 22
Mouseketeer

Toy Story Mania

We had our fourth pre-Disney party on Friday night. It was a "Toy Story Mania" party! None of us have gotten a chance to ride the ride, so it’s something we all look forward to doing on our trip next year.

Cowboy Mickey

Toy Story Pizza Planet in HS was the inspiration for the menu. It made for a really easy night since we just picked up some pizzas from our favorite pizza place. The rest of the menu included Buzz’s Breadsticks, Sarge’s Salad, Bo Peep’s Banana Nut Muffins and Woody’s Cowboy Cake.

It was also my sister’s birthday, so we stuck candles in the cake and sang "Happy Birthday" after watching Toy Story.

We had planned to play a Disney trivia game after the movie, but we got started a little late and everyone was really tired. I don’t think anyone noticed though, it was fun watching my sister open up her presents.

Side note: We originally were planning on going to Disney World at the beginning of June, but now we think it might work out better if we go the last week of April instead. Everyone is really excited that we might get to go sooner… but disappointed that might mean two less pre-Dis party nights. We just might have to have one every week in April instead of every month.

Thanks again PrincessTigerLily for the great thread and MeMom for the inspiring post on pg. 11.
Peter Pan Fan 22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:30 PM   #569
PrincessTigerLily
DIS Veteran

I love opening my email and seeing that there is a new comment or report with photos for this thread!!! You guys are awesome!!!

PrincessTigerLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:10 PM   #570
Pavy
Earning My Ears

Just went shopping for some of my theme night decorations. If there is a Michael's craft store by you, they have a ton of pirate, luau, and fish themed decorations and crafts on sale 80% off!! They are perfect for Peter Pan, Lilo and Stitch, Finding Nemo, Little Mermaid, etc!!
Pavy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: