Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2009, 03:57 PM   #331
PrincessTigerLily
DIS Veteran

CORRECTION - IT IS POST #184!!! Sorry!

PrincessTigerLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:23 PM   #332
PrincessTigerLily
DIS Veteran

The Three Little Pigs

Movie - The 3 Little Pigs Brunch

Menu - Pigs in a Blanket (you can opt to use vegetarian soy sausages)
Haystack Hashbrowns
The Big Bad Wolf's Blustery Cinnamon Buns (so good you'll huff and puff and gobble them all up!)
http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,164,1...241202,00.html

Activities - Try to build the three pigs houses: use small boxes, clean single serving OJ or milk cartons are best. Cut doors in front of boxes, then use dry spaghetti for the straw house; small twigs, toothpicks, or popsicle sticks for the twig house; and sugar cubes for the brick house - gluing on the appropriate building material to each building.

Learn the song (gets stuck in your head almost as much as the Small World song!)
http://www.lyricstime.com/disney-who...lf-lyrics.html

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2009, 04:40 PM   #333
PrincessTigerLily
DIS Veteran

We just got done watching Home on the Range, how about adding "pig tails", a.k.a. curly fries, to the menu?

Old 03-01-2009, 05:32 PM   #334
jngwright
DIS Veteran

We did Peter Pan tonight

On the menu:
Pirate Ship Pizzas
Pirate's teeth (corn)
Fruit Swords
Buried Treasure Brownie.
We searched for gold chocolate coins and ring pops, then looked for Tick Tock the Croc (the Kitchen timer set to tick and hidden around the house)

Monsters Inc next week

Jill DH DS (9) DS (9)Offsite '78-'94, POR '95, CSR '99, WL '00(Disneymoon ) Offsite '04, POFQ '06, POP'08,CBR/CSR '09,POR '10, AKV '11 OKW/BWV '11(New DVC owners!!!!) '12 BLT '13 AKV/OKW'14SoG
jngwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 07:57 AM   #335
disdrmg
Mouseketeer

Thank you jngwright for your pictures!!! Your pictures have inspired me with our Disney nights!!! It is nice to see the ideas come to life!! Please keep posting them - would love to see Monsters Inc.
disdrmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:17 AM   #336
magicmom2007
Earning My Ears

Lady & the Tramp

We have had two theme nights at our house. I love this thread! Our first theme night we did Lady & the Tramp for Valentine's Day. We ate spaghetti and meatballs, breadsticks, salad, and sparkling red grape juice. For dessert we had cherry delight. We played Italian songs by Dean Martin during dinner. We gave the kids their heart-shaped boxes of chocolates, too. We ate by candlelight. The kids loved it. We played Disney Scene-it for a while, then we watched the movie. We have a digital projector that we watch movies on, projecting them onto a large old window shade my DH converted into a screen. It was a fun night!
Just me & my BFF MVMCP 2011
Me & my BFF MVMCP & All-Star Music 2012
Dreamin' of Disney Christmas 2013

DH: Me:
DD14: DD12 DS10
magicmom2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:26 AM   #337
magicmom2007
Earning My Ears

Mary Poppins

Our second movie was Mary Poppins, which we just did this past Friday night. We had hot tea with little tea sandwiches, scones, and mini pastries. For dessert we had Cherry Lane Chocolate Cake. We told jokes around the table like in the scene at Uncle Albert's house, although nobody rose to the ceiling!
Some of us tried talking with a British accent. A few weeks ago, we had our chimney cleaned, and the kids were able to watch the chimney sweep do his work. That counts, right?!

We are trying to do a lot of these Disney theme nights before our next trip in January 2010. I'm planning Haunted Mansion around Halloween. I know we also plan to do:

Finding Nemo
Beauty and the Beast
The Little Mermaid
Aladdin
Peter Pan
Pirates of the Caribbean
Snow White
Robin Hood
Mickey's Christmas Carol
A Bug's Life
Just me & my BFF MVMCP 2011
Me & my BFF MVMCP & All-Star Music 2012
Dreamin' of Disney Christmas 2013

DH: Me:
DD14: DD12 DS10
magicmom2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 05:21 PM   #338
disdrmg
Mouseketeer

We had my daughter's 4rth birthday party today - she loves Wendy from Peter Pan so of course that was the theme. So we are having Peter Pan night tonight (a whole day and night of Peter Pan). Everyone came to the party dressed up or we had "costumes" for them - Tiger Lilly, pirates, tinkerbell, Capt. Hook, Peter Pan and my daughter was Wendy ( I had someone make her a replica Wendy Darling dress).

We had Peter Pan's shadow behind the blinds in the window drawn on black bulletin board paper. We shot Peter, Wendy, John and Michael in the clouds with pirate guns ( blue poster board with cotten batting to look like clouds and a clip art pic. in the middle of Peter, Wendy, John and Michael on a cloud). Then each child painted a small wooden treasure chest (bought a Michaels) with black paint and decorated with gems and glitter glue. Then we filled them with plastic gold coins. Then we played pass tic toc. I have a 6" tic toc and I downloaded the tic toc music from itunes and we passed tic toc (like hot potato). Then we had a savenger hunt/treausre hunt. We hid clues all over the house on brown, paper to look like pirates maps. Each clue led them to a new clue until the last spot and they found their goody bags which were treasure chest for each child filled with ring pops, choc. gold coins, pirates hooks, telascopes, money, eye patch, tinkerbell crayons, maps, etc.

The cake turned out cute too - I had someone make it and it had the small Peter Pan character figurines on it. Sprinkled pixie dust (gold glitter) on the tables with green table cloths. Oh, one more thing - I had a silver star balloon on the mailbox and on the front door I had a sign that said Welcome to Neverland, Second Star to the Right with another silver star on the door.

I will quit rambling. But it was a really fun day and like I said we are carrying it over tonight for our Peter Pan Disney night. Just thought I would pass on a few more ideas.

Keep the ideas and pictures coming!!!! Really enjoying this thread!
Old 03-08-2009, 12:32 PM   #339
DisneyNic
DIS Veteran

There are some really great ideas on this thread!! I can't believe how creative you all are. Thanks to everyone for the ideas. We are still pretty far away but I can't wait to start doing Disney Nights with my family.

I was thinking about the HSM theme. I haven't seen the movies, any of them, but I had two ideas that might work. One was maybe setting up like a school lunch line, even find a hair net and apron. Doing typical school lunch food (only it will taste better) and finding trays or just separated plates. For some reason, french bread pizza always comes to mind when I think about school lunch. I don't know why, but that's what I remember the most. Maybe mac n cheese, green beans, corn, french fries, whatever you wanted really. Get milk boxes. Or I was thinking of maybe setting up a concession stand with typical food that you would find at a high school basketball game: pizza, popcorn, nachos, hot dogs, candy, soda, gatorade, whatever.

I don't know just some thoughts. I have gotten so many great ideas from this thread I just wanted to try to pitch in a little. Thanks again everyone!!!
Old 03-08-2009, 05:50 PM   #340
jngwright
DIS Veteran

Monsters Inc

On the Menu:
Boo's Baby Meatloaves
Mike's Monster Mashed Potatoes
Sully's Slimy Blue Jello
Mike's ONE EYE! cookies

The boys made a Mike face craft, monster Puzzibits (on table) and we played the board game, Monster Stomp.

For the ONE EYE! cookies, I just bought the slice and bake sugar cookies, frosted them white and piped a blue iris and black pupil. I had forgot about his "horns" so we glued the pom poms on for that.

For the Mike plates, I had extra green plates from our meal. I drew the eye and mouth with a sharpie and they painted it in with craft paint. Very easy and they had fun!

Jill DH DS (9) DS (9)Offsite '78-'94, POR '95, CSR '99, WL '00(Disneymoon ) Offsite '04, POFQ '06, POP'08,CBR/CSR '09,POR '10, AKV '11 OKW/BWV '11(New DVC owners!!!!) '12 BLT '13 AKV/OKW'14SoG

Last edited by jngwright; 03-09-2009 at 06:28 PM.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:46 PM   #341
disdrmg
Mouseketeer

I was hoping you would post your Monters Inc. pictures!!! I look forward to seeing them and getting ideas from you! What are you doing next week??
Old 03-08-2009, 07:39 PM   #342
jngwright
DIS Veteran

Oh dear-I can't find my planning notebook...I think we are doing the Incredibles?? But we are doing it on Monday (the 16th) instead of Sunday! I will post pics I swear-I am more excited by all this than the kids!! lol
I can't believe I got them to eat green mashed potatoes...but they didn't bat an eye! An EYE!! hahahahaha

PrincessTigerLady, oh guru of all things Disney themed.... Do you have any ideas for a fruit/side dish for Incredibles??

Old 03-09-2009, 08:48 AM   #343
PrincessTigerLily
DIS Veteran

jngwright: first of all, you bring everything to life with these fabulous photos! Would you mind posting instructions for your awesome "one-eye" cookies and Mike plate craft? They are just perfect for the M-Eye theme! Pretty please keep the photos coming!!!

DisneyNic: great ideas for HSM! I will update the index to include these! Please keep posting any and all ideas you have! We love to hear them.

Incredibles Night... how about "Syndrome's Spaghetti Salad"? If you are making hero sub sandwiches that would be a good compliment. Ooh, you could get really fancy and swoop the spaghetti strands into an "S" shape on everyone's plate - ha ha! Here is one recipe:
http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1943...243205,00.html
Or, how about Violet's Disappearing Fruit Salad? Try this one:
http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1619...229200,00.html

We recently did "Dinosaur" night. We subbed in dino-shaped chicken nuggets because DD doesn't like chili. Also, use the link I provided for the major volcano, and on that page you will find instructions for a much more simplified (and good enough in my opinion) volcano with a paper plate, small bathroom paper rinse cup, and tin foil. Also, we made the recommended "Dino nests with dino eggs" on that page with melted chocolate chips, chow mein noodles, and jellybeans.

Old 03-09-2009, 06:25 PM   #344
jngwright
DIS Veteran

Oh Princess! I knew I could count on you! I am making both sides for Incredibles Your creative brain amazes me

I edited my Monsters Inc picture post with the directions for the cookies and craft.

Old 03-10-2009, 12:55 PM   #345
My3DisneyBoys
Mouseketeer

Splash Mountain?

Does anyone have any ideas for Splash Mountain/ Song of the South?

I have heard that the movie is a bit racially charged, but my kids keep asking about the story of brer rabbit. I have never seen it and don't really know the story. I figured it would be a good way to open up conversations.

Anyways, I am borrowing the movie from my FIL, ?what to eat for our meal? Maybe chocolate rabbits for dessert (it is close to easter).

Any ideas for crafts or activites?

Thanks in advance!

Disneyland-2004, 2007 (x2), 2008, 2009 (x3), 2010 (x2) 2011 (x3), planning our 7/2013 trip with cousins

1st Trip to WDW!!! June 13- June 27, 2009
My3DisneyBoys is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: