Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 797 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:35 PM   #1951
DisneyChef
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up Cool!

Wow!
Those Bambi and Mulan nights sound great! I love your pb&j bambi, it's so cute! I'm hoping to start movie nights with my family soon, although we are unsure when our next trip will be. I have so many theme night ideas! I'll post them anyways so others can use them.
DisneyChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:58 PM   #1952
Timandalicia
Mouseketeer

We play going to Disney World. You can find almost every attraction song on you tube. We get out our tickets and maps and carry-ons. I make popcorn and roasted nuts. We do everything from go on the airplane to ride rides. My daughter loves to be room service, and my son is the jungle cruise skipper. I dj all of the appropriate attraction songs. We even go to the Mexican Pavillion for dinner. It's awesome to re-play the whole trip this way. Oh, and we even make a parade using the plush toys. The kids stand on the side line and wave to them as I parade them past to the music.
Timandalicia is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2013, 10:50 AM   #1953
DisneyChef
Earning My Ears

Red face Aww!

That is such a great idea and is so cute! It sounds like so much fun!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Port Orleans Riverside - June 2012
Pop Century - October 2014
Old 02-22-2013, 11:05 AM   #1954
DisneyChef
Earning My Ears

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad Night

So here are some Ideas for BTMR.
MEAL: Main-Southern food...Fried chicked, corn on the cob, collard greens, and mashed potatoes. Drinks-Train oil...Chocolate milk w/ blue and/or green food coloring. Dessert-Mountain mud cups...Chocolate pudding in a cup with crushed m&m's and grahm crackers on top for dirt.

Activities: Grow your own crystals to mimick the stalagtites and stalagmites you see in the cave on the ride.(instructions below.) Play cowboy Charades! Print off a page of wild west/cowboy words and actions or write your own. use a cowboy hat as a basket. Play the same as regular charades. (maybe a prize for winner??) Decorate your own Bandanna. Buy white bandannas for everyone in your family at a local craft store. Decorate them with markers, and wear them the rest of the night.

Movie: If you have time or want to, you could watch a cowboy movie such as Roy Rogers, The Lone Ranger, or Tall Tale(which has Pecos Bill in it). I know that Roy and the Lone ranger are not Disney, but I always enjoyed them as a kid.
I hope someone finds these useful!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by DisneyChef; 02-22-2013 at 11:18 AM.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:17 AM   #1955
DisneyChef
Earning My Ears

Crystals for BTMR night

For the Crystals you need a small plastic cup that is cut down to have 1'' tall sides. Take 1 piece of either limestone, or any shell and put it in the center of the cup. Next poor distilled vinegar on the shell until it is about halfway covered. Let it sit without being bumped and a semi warm area, but make sure it's not humid there. Check on them every 5 hours or so, because the crystals grow quickly. The crystals will continue growing for several days if you keep adding a little more vinegar to keep it halfway under. Kids love watch their crystal get bigger, but be care ful because if the crystals get to touching the plastic, they will eat right through it.(this can be quite cool to see though.) You could also try putting food coloring in one, and see if it makes the cystals another color.
This process does take some patience, but it's worth

Last edited by DisneyChef; 02-24-2013 at 09:59 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:10 PM   #1956
CoolSurfPenguin
Earning My Ears

Wall-E

R is for Robot - Wall-E: http://lifeisfantasmic.blogspot.com/...ot-wall-e.html

We had ham & cheese squares condensed & stacked by Wall-E, earth dirt pudding w/ a gummy plant, a BnL strawberry-smoothie-in-a-cup, a milky way, star tots, space ice cream, & a chocolate Hal (Wall-E's pet cockroach) inside of his twinkie bed.
CoolSurfPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:15 PM   #1957
CoolSurfPenguin
Earning My Ears

Lady and the Tramp

Family Valentine's Dinner - Lady and the Tramp: http://lifeisfantasmic.blogspot.com/...nes-night.html

We would have had Spaghetti & Meatballs like they do in the movie, but since Hubby isn't a fan of meatballs we ate Heart Shaped Chicken Parmesan & Spaghetti served with garlic bread, tropical fusion jello, & had Apple Pomegranate Martinelli's to drink.

Then we watched Lady and the Tramp together... (:
CoolSurfPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:41 PM   #1958
MickeysFans
Mouseketeer

Villains theme?

Does anyone have ideas for villains? With the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom card game at MK, Kingdom Keepers books, etc. villains have a whole new life!
We play to watch House of Mouse/Villains, but I don't have nay good ideas for food for the dinner.
Thanks for any help!
12 days until we see The Mouse!
Old 02-28-2013, 07:34 PM   #1959
tinkermama117
Mouseketeer

Tangled

Hi Everyone!
We started up our movie nights again. Our most recent one was Tangled. We posted the pics in our new blog. The link is in my signature.

Our next night is an Animal Kingdom theme. Kind of nervous about it since I don't know how I'm going to pull this one off. Any ideas?
1998- First Visit: off property,1999: off property, 2000: off property, 2001: off property, 2002: Land and Sea, All Star Music and Disney Wonder, 2003: Caribbean Beach Resort, 2006: Port Orleans Riverside, 2007: Off property but...then became DVC Members!!! 2008: Saratoga Springs, 2009: Saratoga Springs, 2010 (spring) Boardwalk Villas, 2010 (New Years) Saratoga Springs July 29- Aug 1 2012: BLT, Aug1-Aug 5 Disney Dream, Aug 5- Aug 11: BCV, Summer 2013:AKL and Vero Beach Split, Marathon Weekend-OKW, Summer 2014-SSR/Vero Split, Wine and Dine Weekend, Disney Magic Feb 15
tinkermama117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:42 AM   #1960
budafam
DIS Veteran

Brer Rabbit Ideas?

I recently came across the movie "The Adventures of Brer Rabbit" and I want to do a movie night with this. Any ideas?
budafam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:51 PM   #1961
Brojoef
Earning My Ears

Toy Story

This has been such a great/useful thread for our family movie nights. We had a Toy Story movie night and had lots of fun putting it all together.

[IMG][/IMG]

The rocket is my lame attempt at some of the other super cool rocket's I've seen. This one took me less than ten minutes using a mailing tube that we had around the house along with craft paper and foil.

We made alien cupcakes, and had Asto Rocks (PoP Rocks) along with buzz bands (glow sticks)

This is just a dollar store centerpiece. I printed off Toy Story images and taped them onto wooden skewers.

Super Fun!
Brojoef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:06 PM   #1962
Brojoef
Earning My Ears

Cars

Cars Movie Night!

Dollar Store centerpiece with printed images of Cars taped to wooden skewers.

For our activity, I used some old felt we had and cut it out into a traffic signal. The kids made a bean bag toss game out of it. Easy and free!
Brojoef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:20 PM   #1963
Fall1
DIS Veteran

Is anyone planning an upcoming Wreck It Ralph movie night? We are doing one this weekend and I need to be inspired on the food.

We are doing small car races on the floor, Ralph coloring pages and decorating cupcakes for dessert with little candies. Now I need a healthy meal
Oct 2004 GF/BC Honeymoon, Oct 2005 BC, May 2006 BC, Oct 2009 BCV (twins 1st trip!), Oct 2010 BCV, Feb 2011 AKV, Oct 2011 BCV, Dec 2011 AKV, Mar 2012 SSR, Nov 2012 BCV, Apr 2013 BCV, Oct 2013 SSR, Apr 2014 1st Disney Cruise!! & BCV
Upcoming December 2014 BCV & 1st Universal trip!
me DH DS 7 DD 7
Fall1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:58 PM   #1964
MissMickee
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." ~Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall1 View Post
Is anyone planning an upcoming Wreck It Ralph movie night? We are doing one this weekend and I need to be inspired on the food.

We are doing small car races on the floor, Ralph coloring pages and decorating cupcakes for dessert with little candies. Now I need a healthy meal
We were going to have one on Friday, but we've bumped it up a week because I HAVE to see Oz. LOL

I've got a Pinterest board dedicated to Ralph here http://pinterest.com/lisa_cox/wreck-it-ralph-party/

If you're not on Pinterest.... I plan to do Burger Time sliders, Dr. Eggman egg & potato salad and Sonic golden onion rings. There are other ideas on my Pinterest board too. Like pizza cut to look like Pac Man.

Off property 1987, 1996, 1997, 2000 ~ Caribbean Beach Resort September 2003 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge January 2005 ~ All Star Movies July 2005 ~ Contemporary MK View June 2007 ~ Polynesian Club Level June 2008 ~ POR & Polynesian July 2009 ~ Private Villa May 2011 ~ Private Villa June/July 2012 ~ Art of Animation May 2013
MissMickee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:46 AM   #1965
Fall1
DIS Veteran

Thanks Lisa! I just followed you in Pinterest. Great ideas!
Oct 2004 GF/BC Honeymoon, Oct 2005 BC, May 2006 BC, Oct 2009 BCV (twins 1st trip!), Oct 2010 BCV, Feb 2011 AKV, Oct 2011 BCV, Dec 2011 AKV, Mar 2012 SSR, Nov 2012 BCV, Apr 2013 BCV, Oct 2013 SSR, Apr 2014 1st Disney Cruise!! & BCV
Upcoming December 2014 BCV & 1st Universal trip!
me DH DS 7 DD 7
Fall1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: