Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2013, 08:17 AM   #1936
3BellesAndABeast
Earning My Ears

Cars Night!

Last Night was Cars night. I have two girls and, although they like the movie, we don't have any Cars related 'stuff' in the house. I printed the menu and posted. I also made posters of several of the Cars characters and hung them up around the dining room. The girls colored pictures and did a maze that I had found on crayola.com and we hung those up as well. I did buy a Cars plastic tablecover from Walmart just to make it look like there was really a theme. So the decorations were simple but turned out cute.

The menu consisted of "Speedy Subs" (from Subway, one less thing to do!), "Maters Fried Taters", "Dipsticks" (carrots with ranch dressing), "Luigi's Tires" (mini chocolate donuts), "Traffic Lights" (graham cracker sticks covered in nutella with red, green, and yellow M&Ms), Lightning Punch (Hawaiian Punch), and Oil Slick Sundaes (vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup, and M&Ms). It was only after I made the menu and had actually bought everything that I realized how much junk food was actually going to be eaten last night. DH and I (who are in serious diet mode) nibbled on the sugary stuff so that we could play along with the kids, but tried hard not to go overboard!

After we ate, we watched the movie and had planned to play racing games on the Wii but DH and DD9 crashed so DD3 and I looked at rides online so that she can get familiar with some of them before we go. We also worked on next week's FMN: Lion King!
3BellesAndABeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:18 PM   #1937
alayne
DIS Veteran

We are having our first movie night tonight. The kids picked Finding Nemo, so I went and read all the post about Finding Nemo. I have everything but the food so I will be heading to Wal-Mart in a few minutes. It's really cold outside and we have some snow falling so I think tonight will be the perfect night.

Can't wait to post pictures when I get time?

Thanks for all the tips and suggestions. You guys are great!!

Allison
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 11:47 AM   #1938
CoolSurfPenguin
Earning My Ears

Alice in Wonderland

Q is for Queen - Alice in Wonderland: http://lifeisfantasmic.blogspot.com/...onderland.html

While watching Alice in Wonderland we had 'eat me' cookies, a Queen of Hearts turkey & cheese sandwich, a 'drink me' kool-aid burst, the White Rabbit's carrots, an unbirthday heart cake with a candle, & candy hearts.
CoolSurfPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:54 PM   #1939
MiniMelissa
Earning My Ears

Thanks!!

These ideas are awesome! Thanks for sharing!!
MiniMelissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:12 PM   #1940
pascalstongue
DIS Veteran

Thank you so much to everyine who has posted on this thread.

I borrowed many odeas for our first family theme night we had yesterday. Our first night was Lady and the Tramp.
I made dog collars for the kids. I engraved dog tags with their names and my number (which I will put onto bracelets for our Disney trip) and tied it round thier necks with ribbons, although DS has his on for a grand total of thirty seconds! I then painted their faces to look like dogs.
We made Lady and the tramp models from the Disney Family website.
We had Spaghetti and meatballs for dinner followed by Spaghetti and Meatball cupcakes, also on the Disney Family site and then watched the film whilst munching on shortbread "dog biscuits" cut out from our bone shaped cutter.

Next week will be Beauty and the Beast.

pascalstongue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:06 PM   #1941
3BellesAndABeast
Earning My Ears

Lion King!

119 days to go and we decided to do Lion King for this week's movie night. We had Simba's Cub Sandwiches, Savanna Salad, Pride Rock Potatoes, Jungle Juice, Rafiki's Banana Pudding, Zebra Cakes, and Timon and Pumba's Grubs (gummy worms).

The girls colored pictures that I found on Disney Family, while I cut out and made the crowns that I found on the same site. DD9 had made posters with some of the characters and we hung those on the wall and decorated the buffet table with every stuffed animal we had. The girls wore their crowns and I went through the different attractions, restaurants, and shops at Animal Kingdom using a Disney World app on my phone. We had fun discussing things we wanted to see and do (and eat!). We played Disney Parks trivia on the same app during dessert. We all settled in to watch the movie. DD3 crashed in my lap right about the time that Simba and Nala found the elephant graveyard!
3BellesAndABeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:17 PM   #1942
tammilynne
Mouseketeer

love all these ideas! how fun!

June 2006 All Star Movies - Star Wars weekends
July 2011 All Star Movies/Hard Rock Hotel- Disney/Universal trip
June 2013 Coronado Springs -Star Wars Weekends
tammilynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:01 PM   #1943
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Last night we had our Finding Nemo movie night. We had a VERY busy day yesterday, so we did not have time to do the planned art actitivity. I ended up printing off a Nemo activity sheet from Disney Family Fun for the kids to do instead.

The invitation:

I went a little more elaborate with the decorations this time. I was unable to find any Finding Nemo party supplies, so I went with the Clownfish color theme with the tableware.

DH helped me with this:

The food:

Working on the activity sheet:

And our next movie night theme is:
oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:20 PM   #1944
budafam
DIS Veteran

We had Aladdin night this past weekend. I posted pics on my blog (in my siggy, bottom link)
DxDP 12/3/13-12/10/13
Upcoming Trips: 9/21-9/29 POR & 10/25-10/31 BWV 10/31-11/3 DREAM

budafam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:09 PM   #1945
mom2girls1974
Mouseketeer

We have done a few nights now, our challange is that we are gluten, dairy and food dye free! So I make it all from scratch, and have to improvise a fair bit, but we have been having a blast. Our first dinner was Snow White, my oldests favorite movie for many years as a youngster.
We had Bratwurst, homemade GF Spatzle, and German cabbage. For dessert we had green apples and a wonderfull dairy free caramel dip.

Our second night (a week later) Little Mermaid, we had Ursala dogs (they were a huge hit) chips, raw veggies and then a fun GF cake.

We did Sleeping Beauty next, it was a breakfast for dinner night, all of us in our PJ's of course, we had GF "puff" pancakes, the grown ups had apple in theirs the kids had plain. And sausage plus a fruit salad. We did not have dessert this night.

Our night this week was 1001 Dalmations we had Shepards Pie, and "puppy chow" made with GF chex -it was SOOOO sweet -not the biggest hit in our house, but we all ate some.

Sorry no pictures, I am trying to take a picture each night before we dig in -but I do not decorate like most of you do and honestly it would be embarresing it is more about the food for me, and being GF/DF/ dye free it just looks so diffrent than all of yours that not sure it would hold a candle to your lovely spreads -we are loving it though!
Old 02-14-2013, 12:39 PM   #1946
jannel80
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMickee View Post
I've started a Pinterest page for Wreck it Ralph if anyone's interested in following. I found a few more ideas.

pinterest(dot)com/lisa_cox/wreck_it_ralph_party
Hi Lisa,

I tried to look up your Pinterest page for Wreck it Ralph and nothing came up. Can you give me the page again? Thank you!

Me Jannel DH Dave DS Caden DS Colton DD Reise
Many Trips to DW as a child
Dec. 2004 Carribean Beach Resort with DH
Dec. 2010 Pop (1st trip with kids)
Sept. 2011 Pop
Feb. 2013 AoA Cars Suite
Nov. 2014 CSR
jannel80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:41 PM   #1947
jannel80
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannel80 View Post
Hi Lisa,

I tried to look up your Pinterest page for Wreck it Ralph and nothing came up. Can you give me the page again? Thank you!
Nevermind, I found it! Great ideas!

Me Jannel DH Dave DS Caden DS Colton DD Reise
Many Trips to DW as a child
Dec. 2004 Carribean Beach Resort with DH
Dec. 2010 Pop (1st trip with kids)
Sept. 2011 Pop
Feb. 2013 AoA Cars Suite
Nov. 2014 CSR
jannel80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:33 PM   #1948
disney212
DIS Veteran

We had our first theme movie night on Sunday. Family consists of me, DH, DD(23 teacher), DS (25 museum curator). Our movie was Frankenweenie. Menu consisted of Franken"weenies", "chiller" sauce (it was a build your own coney bar), Frightful fries, Electric cocktails and worms and dirt. Sorry but I didn't think to take any pictures, I will do better next time. Since we are adults we didn't have a craft but we did have a couple games; Pin the Tail on Sparky (we had a LOT of fun with that), and a quote game where I gave a quote from a Disney movie and they had to name the movie. We also had a sheet of questions regarding our upcoming trip in October. One of the questions I asked was, "I think our movie nights are stupid and I no longer wish to participate". I received a resounding "no" from everyone. Even the 25 year old son said he really enjoys them. We also had prizes (age appropriate) for the games; nail grooming sets, hand sanitizer (Star Wars themed), chocolate, and candy. We plan on having a movie night each month leading up to our trip. I will take pictures next time! I actually think the family enjoyed it more than I did.
disney212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:21 PM   #1949
CoolSurfPenguin
Earning My Ears

Mulan

We watched Mulan to celebrate the Chinese New Year - Check it out here...

We ate teriyaki chicken, chow mein, orange chicken, a fortune cookie, fried rice, a honeybun snake (because it's the year of the snake & in the movie Mushu says "Let's go kick some honeybuns!"), and a Chinese donut (you know, the deep fried sugar coated yumminess you see in Chinese buffets).

We also made paper Chinese lanterns & did a little bit of training so we could fight if the Huns ever attack...
Old 02-21-2013, 07:30 PM   #1950
CoolSurfPenguin
Earning My Ears

Bambi

Valentine's Day - Bambi: http://lifeisfantasmic.blogspot.com/...tterpated.html

While watching Bambi, we ate frozen peas (couldn't forget our greens for Thumper), a PB&J deer sandwich, Thumper's carrots, Flower's pineapple & strawberry flower, strawberry hearts, and a heart cake since we were all twitterpated during Valentine's week.

I didn't see a lot of ideas for Bambi on here so I had to think outside the box a little... I think it worked out fine though (;

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: