Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 794 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:26 PM   #1816
JavArmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by my4girls10
We'll be doing our first movie night next Friday! The movie is "Tangled".

The food will be:
Tangled hair with golden sauce (bright yellow spaghetti and yellow alfredo sauce)
Rapunzel's braided breadsticks
Maximus' apples
Flynn's soul-crushing grapes
Snugly duckling soda
Pascal's paintbrushes for dessert

(Will post pics next week!)

My girls are all so excited! We have been living with my parents for a year after my DH was let go from his job 2 years ago. A trip is not in the works for us for a while, so I thought that this would help keep spirits up while DH is working his way up the ladder at Chase!

We have started saving a little at a time for our next trip though...it's good to keep the goal of our next trip out in front of us!!
This is a super cute menu!

JavArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:08 PM   #1817
stephaniebterry
Earning My Ears

hi! i am new to this site! i absolutely LOVE what yall are doing! has anyone compiled all of these fantastic ideas into one document by chance? if so i would love to find out how to get a copy. i started trying to copy and paste everything but there is soooo much. thanks!
stephaniebterry is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2012, 01:48 PM   #1818
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephaniebterry View Post
hi! i am new to this site! i absolutely LOVE what yall are doing! has anyone compiled all of these fantastic ideas into one document by chance? if so i would love to find out how to get a copy. i started trying to copy and paste everything but there is soooo much. thanks!
Well, I have created a document of movie nights we have already done and will do until our next trip. It has a little over 20 movie themes. If you want to PM me your email address I can send it to you. Also, if you are on Pinterest, I have a Disney Movie Night board with links for recipes, decoration ideas and crafts pinned to it. I can PM you my name to find my Pinterest boards if you want me to.
oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:59 AM   #1819
jannel80
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
Well, I have created a document of movie nights we have already done and will do until our next trip. It has a little over 20 movie themes. If you want to PM me your email address I can send it to you. Also, if you are on Pinterest, I have a Disney Movie Night board with links for recipes, decoration ideas and crafts pinned to it. I can PM you my name to find my Pinterest boards if you want me to.
I am addicted to Pinterest and these theme nights. I just sent you a PM to hopefully be able to look you up in Pinterest.

Me Jannel DH Dave DS Caden DS Colton DD Reise
Many Trips to DW as a child
Dec. 2004 Carribean Beach Resort with DH
Dec. 2010 Pop (1st trip with kids)
Sept. 2011 Pop
Feb. 2013 AoA Cars Suite
Nov. 2014 CSR
jannel80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:54 PM   #1820
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannel80 View Post
I am addicted to Pinterest and these theme nights. I just sent you a PM to hopefully be able to look you up in Pinterest.
I replied...and have already started following some of your boards.
oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:52 AM   #1821
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone. I've been bad about keeping up to date with our movie nights. I've done several over the summer. Hope it's okay if I post a bunch all at once.

Tron
We did chocolate cupcakes with glow in the dark bracelets to decorate them, and blue gatorade with glow in the dark ice cubes from Artist's Point at Wilderness Lodge. For our craft we painted frisbees black and glued glow in the dark necklaces on to them. Then we went to the park for a disc game.

Lilo and Stitch
We had Hawaiian Pork Roast for dinner with lovely fresh pineapple. And then we made leis with construction paper and plastic straw spacers.

Robin Hood
I made birds nests with berries in them (rather than burnt stew). Then the kids made Robin Hood hats and played a game where they had to sneak up on the Sheriff of Nottingham while he was sleeping (Grandad with his eyes closed). If he heard them they had to go back to the start but if they were able to tap him without him hearing, they got to steal a gold coin (chocolate) from his money bag.

Bug's Life
A huge pile of berries and seeds for snack. Then for the craft the kids painted a watercolour background and a foreground with a contrasting colour. They used a butterfly shaped hole punch and punched butterflies out of the foreground, folded the butterflies slightly and glued them to the background.

Make Mine Music, Melody Time and Fun and Fancy Free
We did a triple bill for this night with all the Disney Shorts films. We had a baseball hot dog stand for the dinner from Casey at the Bat from Make Mine Music. We served hot dogs, caramel corn, fudgsicles, pop, chocolate bars and rum and cokes for daddies. I gave the kids each $7 in chocolate loonies and toonies to buy dinner with and the girls put themselves in charge of the toy cash register.
We did two crafts this time because of the extra movie. First my son painted a flower pot in a pattern to go with his room and he planted magic beans for Mickey and the Beanstalk from Fun and Fancy Free. You can't see them here but the beans are already huge and look ready to carry him off to the giant's house any evening now.
For the second craft my daughter painted an apple tree from Johnny Appleseed from Melody Time. It's really quite pretty.

Song of the South
For this movie night my daughter researched the underground railway online and wrote a journal entry about what life would have been like escaping to Canada. I found a really amazing and helpful site which she learned a lot on at scholastic Then we made sweet potato pie for dessert and I made a little Br'er Rabbit out of crust on the top.

Oliver and Company
For the craft, the kids did a New York city scene with a water colour background and a black pen silhouette of buildings. Then we served linked sausages for dinner like the ones Dodger steals.

Emperor's New Groove
My daughter made spinach puffs all by herself. A great, easy recipe that was super for teaching her cooking skills. Then for the craft I gave the kids a little animation lesson. We took a character the kids love (Bucky) and I showed them how to draw him. They wrote funny quotes from the movie under their drawings and we put them up in little fridge magnets.

Aristocats
My daughter the cat lover adored this one. I put salmon and milk in a couple of bowls and served it for dinner. Then I gave her a sewing lesson and we made a Marie tissue box cover and she LOVED it!

Dinosaur
For the snack we made volcanoes with chocolate cupcakes and red and orange coloured chocolate. It had been so long since I had seen Dinosaur, I think I was mixing it up with Fantasia. My husband suggested a flaming marshmallow might have been more appropriate as a meteor but volcanoes may have been the reason for dinosaurs eventual extinction so I'm letting it stand. Then we just did some easy archeology kits and built a skeleton from a kit.

Sword in the Stone
I bought silver goblets from the goodwill for $3 each and the kids decorated them with jewel stickies. They drank wine out of them (grape juice) and I made cupcakes with grey icing. I designed and printed stone cupcake liners because my husband said they just looked like cupcakes with grey goop on top. The kids pulled little toy swords out of them. For the craft the kids made a pointed Merlin hat and Arthur's crown.

Little Mermaid
For our latest movie night this weekend we did The Little Mermaid. The kids made sea shell picture frame boxes and we put pictures in of the kids meeting Ariel at Disney. For the snack we made cupcakes with wave cupcake liners, sand (raw sugar), and shells (well washed) holding pearls (scotch mints).

If you want any recipes or craft instructions just let me know!
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life

Last edited by Alysa; 10-01-2012 at 09:22 AM.
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:28 AM   #1822
MickeyP
DIS Veteran

Great job on all of them!!!!
MickeyP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:57 PM   #1823
disneygirl1972
DIS Veteran

We have done 2 Epcot nights since I last updated. Last week we had picked the U.K. We had Shepherds Pie, Guinness bread (which I subbed cola for in the recipe), an English salad & Banofee Pie (which I forgot to take a pic of). I also found a variety of English sodas @ World Market, which we all shared. We watched Mary Poppins after dinner.

After the U.K. dinner we decided that this past weekend would be Germany since Oktoberfest is currently being celebrated. We had Bratwurst, Sauerkraut, German potato salad & pretzels. For dessert we had an apple pie. After dinner we watched Snow White & the 7 Dwarfs.

After that dinner, we picked this coming weekends dinner. We will "travel" to Mexico.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:16 PM   #1824
Deffenm
DIS Veteran

Wow great job everyone! I think I need to step it up on mine. We did Cars2 a week ago and all we did was race these balloon cars I got at Target real cheap, watched the movie, and had ding dongs for desert because they looked like tires.

The next movie that was picked was Princess and the Frog but I think we are going to wait until Mardi Gras for that one. Then the stores will have king cakes and other food that we normally won't get.

I did watch the Avengers with the boys this past weekend but we didn't do anything special for it as I hadn't seen it and the boys were just excited that I was watching a super hero movie with them.

We also picked up Beverly Hills Chichua 3 (sorry about spelling) but DD watched that while I was cleaning up yard and getting fall decorations set up. I did print off activity off of Disney Movie Rewards to go with movie and she did that while watching the movie.

I think our next movie will be Spooky Buddies and then when the Disney Channel shows Halloween Town we will do something fun for that. My kids love the Halloween Town movies.
DD (10)

May 2005 - AsMov
Sept. 2006 - POP
Sept. 2007 - POR
Aug. 2008 - AKL
June. 2010 - CBR (Grand Gathering)
April 2012 - POP
Oct. 2014 - POP
Deffenm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:00 PM   #1825
Fall1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
Hi everyone. I've been bad about keeping up to date with our movie nights. I've done several over the summer. Hope it's okay if I post a bunch all at once.

Sword in the Stone
I bought silver goblets from the goodwill for $3 each and the kids decorated them with jewel stickies. They drank wine out of them (grape juice) and I made cupcakes with grey icing. I designed and printed stone cupcake liners because my husband said they just looked like cupcakes with grey goop on top. The kids pulled little toy swords out of them. For the craft the kids made a pointed Merlin hat and Arthur's crown.

I LOVE the sword/stone cupcakes, great great idea!!
Oct 2004 GF/BC Honeymoon, Oct 2005 BC, May 2006 BC, Oct 2009 BCV (twins 1st trip!), Oct 2010 BCV, Feb 2011 AKV, Oct 2011 BCV, Dec 2011 AKV, Mar 2012 SSR, Nov 2012 BCV, Apr 2013 BCV, Oct 2013 SSR, Apr 2014 1st Disney Cruise!! & BCV
Upcoming December 2014 BCV & 1st Universal trip!
me DH DS 7 DD 7
Fall1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:02 PM   #1826
jreeves628
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone! I'm hoping to do a ratatouille theme night this weekend, but I'm having trouble planning it. Have any of you done one or have any ideas to help me out?
jreeves628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #1827
jdcthree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreeves628 View Post
Hi everyone! I'm hoping to do a ratatouille theme night this weekend, but I'm having trouble planning it. Have any of you done one or have any ideas to help me out?
There are ideas in posts 48 and 599 in this thread.
Polynesian 2006
Wilderness Lodge 2005/06
jdcthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:53 PM   #1828
jreeves628
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much!! I was searching and couldn't find any.
jreeves628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:59 PM   #1829
jdcthree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks so much!! I was searching and couldn't find any.
For future reference, you can find a list in the first post. I think it is still updated regularly.

Edit: OK, maybe it's not updated regularly, lol. First post says it is updated through page 75.
Polynesian 2006
Wilderness Lodge 2005/06
jdcthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:16 PM   #1830
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyP View Post
Great job on all of them!!!!
Thanks Mickey! They were a lot of fun to do and helped me get through some sad times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall1 View Post
I LOVE the sword/stone cupcakes, great great idea!!
Thanks Fall! That was one of our easier recipes!

Quote:
Hi Reeves, I thought for Ratatouille we would do ratatouille for dinner and for the craft we would have the kids decorate their own aprons and do an easy cooking lesson to make crepes for dessert. Love to see what you decide to do!
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: