Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2012, 12:52 PM   #1801
My2Qtz0205
DIS Veteran

A little behind in commenting, but I love the "hunting for gems" activity for Snow White, and the "find the crown" activity for Tangled! We haven't done those movies yet, do thanks!

As for Fox and the Hound ideas, all I could think of was some kind of stew--Hunter's Stew?

My December 2012 Trip Report via my Scrapbook: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post49171745
My Almost a Grand Gathering, 10th Anniversary Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post34138322
My2Qtz0205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:33 PM   #1802
JavArmy
DIS Veteran

We did our last Disney Movie Night for a while! Only 5 more days until we go to Disney so we are in the home stretch. Tonight's movie was Lilo and Stitch. We started the night off in the bathroom due to a tornado warning, but we didn't let it get in the way of our fun! I printed off pictures of rides all over Disney and they had to name which park they were in.

After we got out of our safe haven we got on our hula outfits and did some dancing!

Then we played Jamba's Lost Experiments (they went on a scavenger hunt for other experiments).

Then we got our hawaiian names (I found a link in an earlier post that will take you to a name translation site). The kids had a lot more fun with this than I expected!

Our Menu:

The layout:

Our "Stitch Spit" to drink (kids also loved this, just blue kool aid)

And for dessert, we had fruit kabobs and volcano lava cake.

I'm a bit relieved that Disney Movie Nights are on a break for a while, but we cannot wait until we go! If only we had another trip in the works already !

JavArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2012, 07:20 AM   #1803
PrincessMom4
DVC member-SSR

JavArmy, your Lilo & Stitch themed night looks amazing. I can't wait til we start our theme nights again. I have a few months to go as you can see by my WDW countdown.
ALK-Jambo-August 21-29/11; AKL-Kidani Villas-March 13-17/11;1st DVC trip-Kidani Villas-September 5-11/10; Space Ranger Mission - August 16-22/09;DS4th WDW birthday trip - March14 - 20/09;Pirate adventure-August 26-Sept 2/08;1st family trip-August 23-Sept 1/07
PrincessMom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:30 AM   #1804
sanapp
DIS Veteran

We did our first movie last night. We have a jar with slips of papers and the names of the movies in them that we are planning on doing. For our first movie DD picked Aristocats. DD invited my MIL over to have dinner with us. She isn't going on vacation with us, but we usually have her over for special meals and DD thought that this was a special meal.

This was our menu:

Thomas O'Mally Croque Monsieur
Scat Cats Favorite Quiche (Shrimp Quiche)
Madame Adelaide Bonfamille Salad
Marie's Chocolate French Silk Pie with Extra Cream

DD set the table with our special cloth napkins, wine glasses and candles. She thought that this made it much more special. We of course just had Sprite in the wine glasses.

DD dressed up and acted as a waitress for the night. She made sure everyone's drinks were full and checked in to see if they needed anything else. It was very cute.

Oh to start the night while we were waiting for the quiche to finsih cooking my DD and MIL danced in the living room. It was quite funny.

DD made everyone movie tickets. MIL was very tired, so she didn't stay for the movie.

We moved the living room furniture around a little bit so that everyone had a better view for the movie. DD had set up a concession stand with popcorn and candy, but we were so full from dinner.

It was funny becuase about 1/2 hour after the movie was over we lost power. Luckily we got through our movie.

Okay DD had MIL picked out our movie for next week and it was Fox and the Hound. Any help with that one would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 09-09-2012, 03:41 PM   #1805
My2Qtz0205
DIS Veteran

You could make friendship bracelets.

My December 2012 Trip Report via my Scrapbook: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post49171745
My Almost a Grand Gathering, 10th Anniversary Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post34138322
Old 09-10-2012, 03:19 PM   #1806
Glittercat
Mouseketeer

Brilliant ideas! We're going to try Movie Night as well, will certainly help get us through the dark cold Autumn and Winter.

Glittercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:38 PM   #1807
disneygirl1972
DIS Veteran

We picked our first country tonight to begin our Epcot nights this weekend. We will do one country per week, & a Mickey themed dinner our final week before leaving. Our first country we picked is the good ole USA. We actually picked Norway, but the movie I have planned for Norway is Polar Express. I thought that would be better closer to Christmas.

Here's the plan for USA:

An All-American BBQ
---bacon cheeseburgers
---baked beans (DS fav)
---cole slaw (DD fav)
---Coca Cola in the classic bottles

Dessert--- either individual strawberry shortcakes (we will be going to HDDR) or ice cream sundaes

Movie--- The Little Mermaid (it's my favorite, & this is the best night for it to fit in)

I printed out a map of Epcot to hang. We will tape each Mickey head country flag in its appropriate place each week.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:14 PM   #1808
My2Qtz0205
DIS Veteran

Aladdin movie night tonight! On the menu is steak kabobs, honey-lime fruit salad, pine nut hummus, pita chips, and tiger-striped sugar cookies. The activity will be decorating the sugar cookies! If DD wants to do something else, I have enough felt to make Magic Carpets for her Aladdin and Jasmine dolls.

Old 09-17-2012, 10:22 AM   #1809
disneygirl1972
DIS Veteran

We had our first Epcot night yesterday.

The Bobbleheads depicted in this photo in no way reflect our political opinions, but rather that of a little girl who HAD to have a president Bobblehead a few years ago on a trip to Washington, DC

Dessert

We then watched "The Little Mermaid" bc it's MY favorite

After dinner we picked next weeks country...... United Kingdom
Old 09-17-2012, 07:02 PM   #1810
dja14
Earning My Ears

I usually just lurk on the Dis but we finally have a trip planned and I was looking for what is new and I found this thread. All I can say is I have found my people! My 10yr daughter's people too

We have our first night this weekend and I think we will do one a week til we go (49 loooooong weeks) I was going to just do one a month, then every other week, and well, we just couldn't choose so few movies. I hope my husband (who is not a fan) makes it

So thank you all
dja14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:56 PM   #1811
TheWrightTrip
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dja14 View Post
I usually just lurk on the Dis but we finally have a trip planned and I was looking for what is new and I found this thread. All I can say is I have found my people! My 10yr daughter's people too

We have our first night this weekend and I think we will do one a week til we go (49 loooooong weeks) I was going to just do one a month, then every other week, and well, we just couldn't choose so few movies. I hope my husband (who is not a fan) makes it

So thank you all
I can soooo sympathize with you on the DH front. We have 10 weeks until our next trip and I've decided tonight I'm doing this once a week until we leave. When I tell me DH about this I know he'll secretly be thinking of ways he can read a book or surf the net while we're watching all the movies.

I am amazed at all the creativity in this thread! Love it!
TheWrightTrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:02 AM   #1812
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavArmy View Post
We did our last Disney Movie Night for a while! Only 5 more days until we go to Disney so we are in the home stretch. Tonight's movie was Lilo and Stitch. We started the night off in the bathroom due to a tornado warning, but we didn't let it get in the way of our fun! I printed off pictures of rides all over Disney and they had to name which park they were in.

After we got out of our safe haven we got on our hula outfits and did some dancing!
LOVE the dog that in the fun...

Chicago Mo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:26 PM   #1813
Deffenm
DIS Veteran

We will be doing our next movie night on Saturday. Cars2 was picked for our movie. My boys are excited because the last few movies that were picked were princess movies.
DD (10)

May 2005 - AsMov
Sept. 2006 - POP
Sept. 2007 - POR
Aug. 2008 - AKL
June. 2010 - CBR (Grand Gathering)
April 2012 - POP
Oct. 2014 - POP
Deffenm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:17 AM   #1814
my4girls10
Mouseketeer

We'll be doing our first movie night next Friday! The movie is "Tangled".

The food will be:
Tangled hair with golden sauce (bright yellow spaghetti and yellow alfredo sauce)
Rapunzel's braided breadsticks
Maximus' apples
Flynn's soul-crushing grapes
Snugly duckling soda
Pascal's paintbrushes for dessert

(Will post pics next week!)

My girls are all so excited! We have been living with my parents for a year after my DH was let go from his job 2 years ago. A trip is not in the works for us for a while, so I thought that this would help keep spirits up while DH is working his way up the ladder at Chase!

We have started saving a little at a time for our next trip though...it's good to keep the goal of our next trip out in front of us!!

Our family adventures:
'08 - POR
'11 - POP
'14 - Off site and AOA

my4girls10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:16 PM   #1815
BeckyEsq
Mouseketeer.

Just found this thread and it is such a great idea! Thanks to everyone who has contributed ideas. We have a big collection of Disney DVD's. My DD is 2 and just starting to be ready to watch some of the movies. I am going to incorporate some of these ideas for her first viewings.
DisneyLand 6/05
Wilderness Lodge 8/06
Port Orleans Riverside 8/13
*now planning* POR Royal Guest Room 8/14

Is She Ready To Be A Princess? August 2013 Trip Report
BeckyEsq is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: