Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 707 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:45 AM   #166
PrincessTigerLily
DIS Veteran

Queenie - another great idea! I love the menu and activity ideas. If you could somehow figure out your recipe sometime and post it I would love that. I am the kind of cook where if I don't follow some sort of recipe exactly, it turns into a complete flop! Adding to the index!

Deffenm: I will try to come up with some suggestions for a fairy party. We had attempted a "Disney theme party" thread, and once we have some ideas we can post them there and put the link in here!

PrincessTigerLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 05:10 PM   #167
_queenie_
Disney: Where dreams become reality, if you have the cash to pay for them! There's nothing wrong with the Mets NYers

I tend to "eyeball" so just bare with me here, notice my excessive "abouts"!

(Four servings)
Fill a little bowl full of three or so tbs of olive oil, and lightly brush each steak using a pastry brush. In another bowl, combine your spice mixture of about four tbsp of herbes de provence and two or three tsp of sea salt. Rub each side of the steak with the mixture, using the desirable amount. Also sprinkle a dash of pepper to taste on each side. Heat a skillet on moderate-high heat filled with around two tbsp of butter and tbsp of olive/vegetable oil depending on preference. For medium rare, cook for about 5 minutes. Cook for slightly under your prefered level, and bake for a few minutes. I only tried roasting it for a minute last time and have no idea what temp I cooked it at, I may have broiled it, but when in boubt there's always 350.

I had no luck finding the type of recipe I use so I hope this is okay. Forgive me if some of the measurements are completely off!

It's a bit different, but here's a recipe that should work if mine fails. http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...K-FRITES-40035
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2008, 06:38 PM   #168
xxDisney_Doll
Hurry back~ Don't forget to bring... your death certificate

im back! been away for a while and this is my second post on this board. my new theme is mary poppins.

food - english tea and crumpets (with a spoonful of sugar if you like)
uncle alberts light-as-a-feather finger sandwiches
supercalifragilisticexpealidocious cake - some sort of cake you find indescribable which is why they use that word to describe an indescribable mood

activities - Burts (sp?) pictures - get pieces of paper and crayons and draw a scene of whatever on the paper, then if you feel like it you can pretend you are there!

chimney sweep - this I would save for the end at the end of the festivities the kids will compete to clean the house. each person has one section they have to clean and if they win they get a big piece of that cake ^_^

yeah I know these ideas are really lame but I thought of them on a moments notice.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:07 PM   #169
homeschoolmomof4
Keep moving forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxDisney_Doll View Post
im back! been away for a while and this is my second post on this board. my new theme is mary poppins.

food - english tea and crumpets (with a spoonful of sugar if you like)
uncle alberts light-as-a-feather finger sandwiches
supercalifragilisticexpealidocious cake - some sort of cake you find indescribable which is why they use that word to describe an indescribable mood

activities - Burts (sp?) pictures - get pieces of paper and crayons and draw a scene of whatever on the paper, then if you feel like it you can pretend you are there!

chimney sweep - this I would save for the end at the end of the festivities the kids will compete to clean the house. each person has one section they have to clean and if they win they get a big piece of that cake ^_^

yeah I know these ideas are really lame but I thought of them on a moments notice.

Not lame at all!!

Great ideas!

Pop Century January 2015 Pop Century December 2013 Pop Century October 2012 Pop Century December 2011 Pop Century December 2010 Contemporary March 2010-Parents only trip!! Pop Century December 2009 Pop Century January 2009 Wilderness Lodge January 2008 Wilderness Lodge February 2007 Contemporary February 2005

homeschoolmomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:10 PM   #170
miceli20
Disney Veteran

movie night

How about the Apple Dumpling Gang

Dinner:
StageCoach stew (beef stew)
Apple dumplings
stick candy

Activities:
Stick horse races
hunt for gold; place some gold candy coins around the house and have everyone hunt for the.

Just a quick thought for movie night.

Home on the Range
Dinner:
Fried Chicken
mashed potatoes
corn on the cob
Dessert: smores

Activities:
Sack races down the hallway
sing home on the range
wear cow bells
tie a make shift bucket around your neck thats full of popcorn for the movie (lol) dh thought this was too cute.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:51 AM   #171
jacobsmom
Mouseketeer

Movie: Bugs Life
Food: ants on a log (celery, peanut butter and raisins or craisins)
dirt torte (layers of pudding, crushed oreos, and gummy worms)
picnic food

Activities: Build a tent in the house (blankets over chairs work) to watch the movie.
Decorate/create a family flag
play cooties
Flashlight tag works

Movie: Meet the Robinsons
Food: PBJ cookies
Spaghetti and meatballs
Activities: Family Team Shirts (can look baseball like in honor of goober)
Keep moving forward obstacle course
Build inventions out of found objects around the house!
jacobsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 03:02 PM   #172
PrincessTigerLily
DIS Veteran

Great ideas everyone! They have been added to the index, can you believe we are up to 63??? How amazing is that!!

I am probably one of the 3 people who actually liked "Home on the Range", so I am anxious to try it out! Love the Mary Poppins ideas, very on theme! How fun, the Apple Dumpling Gang, I'll have to show that one, I bet DD will like it now! I love the Bug's Life camping ideas too! Too many awesome ideas to mention!

Queenie, thanks for the prompt reply re: the recipe! Now I can attempt it!

Keep the ideas coming!

Old 06-11-2008, 04:05 PM   #173
Deffenm
DIS Veteran

These ideas are so great. I just booked our trip in Nov. so I plan to do one themed night a month and then since we leave for WDW on Nov. 1st I plan to do a Mickey not so Scary Halloween Party on Oct. 31st (the day before we leave). I think doing the themed nights will make the time go by much faster. Keep up the great ideas.
DD (10)

May 2005 - AsMov
Sept. 2006 - POP
Sept. 2007 - POR
Aug. 2008 - AKL
June. 2010 - CBR (Grand Gathering)
April 2012 - POP
Oct. 2014 - POP
Deffenm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 04:52 PM   #174
jacobsmom
Mouseketeer

Movie: Spy Kids
Food: easy-happy meals from McD's, gum etc.
Otherwise casseroles treats named after characters.

Activities: Secret Agent Outfits
Come up with secret code for writing notes(with decoder)
Create family "dog" tags with family code names/nick names
Use secret agent binoculars, glasses, walkee talkies etc!
jacobsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 05:25 PM   #175
PrincessTigerLily
DIS Veteran

Yippee Skippee! Thanks to all you creative minds, we now have hit theme night #70, Spy Kids!

Deffenm: Great idea to create a Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at home! Please post any ideas you have! What a great theme! Any one have other suggestions for a MNSSHP at home?

Old 06-12-2008, 05:32 PM   #176
PrincessTigerLily
DIS Veteran

Treasure Planet

Movie - Treasure Planet

Menu - Galactic Spaghetti with Mini Asteroids (make teeny meatballs)
Cosmic Fruit Salad (cantaloupe, honeydew, and watermelon balls with sliced star fruit)
Crater Cake http://familyfun.go.com/parties/birt...ce_party7.html

Activities - Treasure Planet coloring pages
http://www.hellokids.com/c_4674/colo...sure-planet-24
Black Hole Beanbag Toss (take a piece of cardboard, cut a hole in center and decorate with paints to resemble a galaxy. Use glow in the dark paint to make it a challenge and play in the dark!)
Make Alien Goo! (In a mixing bowl, mix a 1# box of cornstarch with 1 1/2 C cold water and 1T green food coloring with hands until smooth. Can be stored in plastic ziplock bags.
Go star gazing! Check out this website for monthly calendars of constellations and happenings!
http://www.skymaps.com/

Old 06-12-2008, 07:10 PM   #177
PrincessTigerLily
DIS Veteran

Summer Magic

Movie - Summer Magic

Menu - Nancy's Buttermilk Chicken
Corn on the Cob
Mashed potatoes with gravy
Ossium Popham's Popovers
http://www.aeb.org/KidsAndFamily/rec...y_popovers.htm
"On the Front Porch" Cobbler
http://southernfood.about.com/od/cob...r/bl80301b.htm

Activities - Make Your Own Ugly Bug Ball (use modeling clay or even playdoh, and have everyone make their own ugly bug caterpillar, cricket, butterfly, etc. to bring to the ball!)
The Feminimity Race (Time each contestant to see who has the fastest time and is the winner! Set up as a relay, and for the first task the player must walk across the room with a book on her head, next time walk across the room in a pair of Mom's heels, and for the last leg the player must make an outfit complete with accessories (jewelry, belts, etc.) from a cardboard box filled with cast-off options.)
Throw an old-fashioned ice cream social for friends or your neighborhood just like the Carey's did! Buy a few tubs of ice cream and all the toppings you love (bananas, whipped cream, nuts, cherries, marshmallow topping, caramel, etc.) and set them out for all. Don't forget a cooler filled with ice to keep the ice cream cool. Set up various lawn games for your guests like croquet, bocce ball, horseshoes, etc.

**Side note: One of my all time favorites! As of this post, the whole movie can be viewed on Youtube.**

Last edited by PrincessTigerLily; 06-12-2008 at 07:17 PM.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:26 PM   #178
miceli20
Disney Veteran

Summer magic

I didn't think anyone else like this movie. it is one of my all time favorites. Everyone should watch it.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:41 PM   #179
buckeyebill1995
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=dmbdisneymom;24492368]
Beverages:
Yoda Soda

Snacks & Sides:
Ewok Eats
Jabba Jiggles

Main Courses:
Obi-Wan Kebabs
Galaxy Grilled Cheese

Desserts:
Death Star Popcorn Balls
R2-D2 Treats
QUOTE]

If you could PM me the recipes, I would really appreciate it! This is an AWESOME thread, by the way. Keeping me awake...

"Do you want to pilot a chicken?!"

Disney Village 1992, CB 2006, CB 2007, SSR 2008, AKV 2009, BW 2010, AKV 2010, SSR 2011, SSR soon!!
buckeyebill1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:48 PM   #180
buckeyebill1995
Mouseketeer

I'm not sure which category this would fall under, but we love to do 'disney game nights'. We make our favorite disney foods -- cheddar cheese soup, goofy lasagna, mickey rice krispie treats et cetera, and play Disney board games -- Princess Monopoly, Disney Trivial Pursuit, Disney DVD Bingo, or our all time favorite -- the Magic Kingdom Board Game!

"Do you want to pilot a chicken?!"

Disney Village 1992, CB 2006, CB 2007, SSR 2008, AKV 2009, BW 2010, AKV 2010, SSR 2011, SSR soon!!
buckeyebill1995 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: