Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 575 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:13 PM   #1756
Becc1
DIS Veteran

Camp Rock double feature

A couple of weeks ago we had a Camp Rock double feature. I hadn't planned on doing a movie night for it but somehow my kids think every Disney movie we watch now has to be a movie night So therefore we had no decor because it was a bit impromptu.

Dinner was camp food. Hot dogs, beans, potato salad and smilie fries.

Dessert was smore cupcakes, I got the recipe frrom Pinterest. They were soooooo good!

The movies began soon after dessert, for movie snacks we had popcorn and a trail mix bar with bug juice to drink.

The wanted to camp outside but DH was out of town and it wasn't going to happen with me so instead we all camped out in the living room and watched the movies!

We had been at the waterpark all day and had started everything later so crafts had to be put off until the next day. Trying to think of something you may make at camp, I had the kids decorate little bags with paint and large sponges and stamps. My DD has been using hers to carry her 3DS when we go out! They also colored their usual coloring pages.

Can I really keep my mouth shut for the next 6 months?
Princesses don't hit, kick or spit! A May/June 2011 TR

Becc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:12 PM   #1757
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Becc1~ just read your TR all the way through! Your family is just cool. The post called "How Odd"? OMGoodness!!! Soooo, when will you be doing another PTR?
oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2012, 11:39 AM   #1758
Becc1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
Becc1~ just read your TR all the way through! Your family is just cool. The post called "How Odd"? OMGoodness!!! Soooo, when will you be doing another PTR?
Awwwwwwww, thank you so much! I still need to finish up that TR, I kinda slacked big time and didn't do our last day.

I will probably start a new PTR as soon as I book, I'm holding out on booking until free dining for next year gets announced because I am hoping to go a little earlier

Old 08-08-2012, 04:46 PM   #1759
DisneyFreq
Do you believe in fairies? If you believe, clap your hands!

Had another Disney dinner... Reminder we have older children/foodies.... So no activities. Menu: jerk chicken with white rice and mango chutney, curried peas ( really lentils, not peas) and pineapple coleslaw. Very yummy! Rum and cokes for the grown ups!
Mar 2013 All Stars Sports Surf's Up Sept 2012 POFQ Oct 2010/11 Dolphin Jun 2010: Fort Wilderness Loop 300 Feb 2010: Coronado Springs Casitas Nov 2009: Orange Lake Resort Sep 2009: Pop Century 50s Sep 2007: Caribbean Beach Resort Barbados Oct 2006: All Stars Movies Love Bug May 2006: All Stars Sports Surf's Up/ Music Rock Inn Dec 2005: Pop Century 70s Feb 2001: Timeshare Feb 2000: Shades of Green May 1999: Travelodge Suites E Gate Orange

DisneyFreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:34 AM   #1760
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreq View Post
Had another Disney dinner... Reminder we have older children/foodies.... So no activities. Menu: jerk chicken with white rice and mango chutney, curried peas ( really lentils, not peas) and pineapple coleslaw. Very yummy! Rum and cokes for the grown ups!
That menu sounds divine! Did you have a movie?
oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:38 PM   #1761
DisneyFreq
Do you believe in fairies? If you believe, clap your hands!

Shucks swear I typed potc! We watched the second one... Dead mans chest
Mar 2013 All Stars Sports Surf's Up Sept 2012 POFQ Oct 2010/11 Dolphin Jun 2010: Fort Wilderness Loop 300 Feb 2010: Coronado Springs Casitas Nov 2009: Orange Lake Resort Sep 2009: Pop Century 50s Sep 2007: Caribbean Beach Resort Barbados Oct 2006: All Stars Movies Love Bug May 2006: All Stars Sports Surf's Up/ Music Rock Inn Dec 2005: Pop Century 70s Feb 2001: Timeshare Feb 2000: Shades of Green May 1999: Travelodge Suites E Gate Orange

DisneyFreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:44 AM   #1762
Becc1
DIS Veteran

Toy Story 1 and 2 Day/Night

Last weekend we had a Toy Story 1 and 2 day. We started the movies early so we had lunch/movies snacks.

During the movies the kids played with some Mr Potato Heads and did a couple of crafts. Even my 16 yr old watched the first movie with us and played a few rounds of Rock Em Sock Em Robots!

Finished crafts, cowboys cutouts and a picture frame my DD did (the boys didn't want to do one)

For dinner I went with a Woody's Round Up theme. We had G.I Sloppy Joes, Jessie's Rootin Tootin beans, Prospector's Gold corn and Weezy's cheesy mac and cheese. For dessert my DD made Sheriff Woody badge cookies.

After dinner the kids played a Toy Story Buckaroo game and played Pin the Tail on Bullseye. We ended the day with a few games of the Toy Story Mania Wii game.

I actually had so much stuff put away for Toy Story that I didn't get a chance to use it all, guess I'll have to keep it and hope Toy Story 4 isn't too far away

Old 08-11-2012, 09:11 PM   #1763
coconutsunshine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becc1 View Post
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Blue"]Toy Story 1 and 2 Day/Night

Becc1,

Do you make your water labels yourself or do you find them somewhere? I love them and want to copy, if you don't mind!!

Jenny
Old 08-11-2012, 09:28 PM   #1764
albertamommyof4
DIS Veteran

love the mickey head shaped bowls, where did you get them?

Quote:
Toy Story 1 and 2 Day/Night

Last weekend we had a Toy Story 1 and 2 day. We started the movies early so we had lunch/movies snacks.

During the movies the kids played with some Mr Potato Heads and did a couple of crafts. Even my 16 yr old watched the first movie with us and played a few rounds of Rock Em Sock Em Robots!

Finished crafts, cowboys cutouts and a picture frame my DD did (the boys didn't want to do one)

For dinner I went with a Woody's Round Up theme. We had G.I Sloppy Joes, Jessie's Rootin Tootin beans, Prospector's Gold corn and Weezy's cheesy mac and cheese. For dessert my DD made Sheriff Woody badge cookies.

After dinner the kids played a Toy Story Buckaroo game and played Pin the Tail on Bullseye. We ended the day with a few games of the Toy Story Mania Wii game.

I actually had so much stuff put away for Toy Story that I didn't get a chance to use it all, guess I'll have to keep it and hope Toy Story 4 isn't too far away
albertamommyof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:16 PM   #1765
Deffenm
DIS Veteran

We had our Little Mermaid night on Saturday. It didn't work out exactly how I had hoped. My DH was supposed to be working Saturday night however the training session he was going to be coaching got cancelled so he was home. He did not want Ursala dogs for dinner. So instead we went with a whole surf and turf meal since Ariel starts in the water and ends on land (I know I was streching the theme a little). So we had shrimp cocktail, steak, corn pudding, fruit salad, and bread. We had sand for desert. As for the activies I had the kids color an under the water scene picture, we played go fish, and then I found an activity where the kids could answer questions and it would tell them what type of fish they were. We had a Shark, Angel Fish, and Clow Fish.
The kids had a great time.

The kids really want to see The odd life of timothy green. I am trying to figure out what I could do for that one before we go to theater to watch the movie. Anyone have any ideas? Our next official movie night we picked Tangled. Hopefully this time I will remember to take pictures.
DD (10)

May 2005 - AsMov
Sept. 2006 - POP
Sept. 2007 - POR
Aug. 2008 - AKL
June. 2010 - CBR (Grand Gathering)
April 2012 - POP
Oct. 2014 - POP
Deffenm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:59 PM   #1766
Deffenm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's so funny that you posted this because I was going to go over to that same site and post a link to the Rapunzel stuff. I already am thinking of things for a Rapunzel night. We saw the movie back in November and my kids can't wait for it to come out on dvd in March!

Don't forget Rapunzel's favorite soup
http://family.go.com/disney/pkg-disn...zelnut-soup-t/

and these biscuits are adorable
http://family.go.com/disney/pkg-disn...cuit-braids-t/
Thanks for the links. Our next movie night we will be watching Tangled and these are great ideas.
DD (10)

May 2005 - AsMov
Sept. 2006 - POP
Sept. 2007 - POR
Aug. 2008 - AKL
June. 2010 - CBR (Grand Gathering)
April 2012 - POP
Oct. 2014 - POP
Deffenm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:34 PM   #1767
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

Yesterday was our Pirates of the Caribbean movie day.

Minnie with the movie

Table

Place setting

Buffet line

Pirate ship pizzas

Pirate Punch

Pirate Cake

Painting treasure boxes

Playing the pirate game I found at Party City on clearance

The pirate ship cake after the attack
Old 08-13-2012, 03:08 PM   #1768
Becc1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutsunshine View Post
Becc1,

Do you make your water labels yourself or do you find them somewhere? I love them and want to copy, if you don't mind!!

Jenny
I don't mind at all, I get lots of my ideas from others so I'm happy to pass anything along!

Here's the link, I found it on Pinterest http://www.scribd.com/doc/47824537/B...-Wrap-Download

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertamommyof4 View Post
love the mickey head shaped bowls, where did you get them?
I got the Mickey one last summer from the Disney store and the pink Minnie one from Target earlier this summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffenm View Post
Thanks for the links. Our next movie night we will be watching Tangled and these are great ideas.
Your welcome, have fun with you Tangled night, my DD and I love that movie!

Old 08-13-2012, 03:14 PM   #1769
Becc1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffenm View Post
We had our Little Mermaid night on Saturday. It didn't work out exactly how I had hoped. My DH was supposed to be working Saturday night however the training session he was going to be coaching got cancelled so he was home. He did not want Ursala dogs for dinner. So instead we went with a whole surf and turf meal since Ariel starts in the water and ends on land (I know I was streching the theme a little). So we had shrimp cocktail, steak, corn pudding, fruit salad, and bread. We had sand for desert. As for the activies I had the kids color an under the water scene picture, we played go fish, and then I found an activity where the kids could answer questions and it would tell them what type of fish they were. We had a Shark, Angel Fish, and Clow Fish.
The kids had a great time.

The kids really want to see The odd life of timothy green. I am trying to figure out what I could do for that one before we go to theater to watch the movie. Anyone have any ideas? Our next official movie night we picked Tangled. Hopefully this time I will remember to take pictures.
I love the idea for a surf and turf meal. We did a Under the Sea night with Nemo and The Little Mermaid last year but my DD wants to have just an Ariel night so I may have to borrow your idea!

Old 08-13-2012, 04:30 PM   #1770
jdcthree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelley00 View Post

Pirate ship pizzas

Pirate Cake
Very cute!
Polynesian 2006
Wilderness Lodge 2005/06