Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2012, 01:40 PM   #1741
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becc1 View Post
I found the idea for the cupcakes on Pinterest! All it is is a cupcake inside of a ice cream cone , frosted and then I put trianle strips of red fruit roll ups!

I have a couple of places I get the stand ups from. The first place I go to find them is the Disney site under characters and stars. Find the movie you are doing and sometimes they have the activities and stuff on that page directly. Here's a link http://disney.go.com/characters/#/characters/

If you don't see what you are looking for, go to the Disney Junior site and look under coloring pages, they have the stand ups there for alot of the movies, some you may have to color (I have my DD do those ones).

Another place is the Family Fun site, they always have great ideas and printouts for the latest movies!
Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, I am still having no luck. Specifically, where did you get the Herc stand ups? The Alice stand ups I have seen on here look EXACTLY like the Herc ones you used. I am guessing they are from the same place. I tried the characters and stars, found Alice in Wonderland...nothing printable came up. Am I doing something wrong???
oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:20 PM   #1742
Deffenm
DIS Veteran

Well it looks like we won't be back to Disney until 2014 so I plan to start doing movie nights once a month until we go. We did a few before our trip this year and my kids enjoyed them. So it looks like this weekend we will start making list of movies kids want to do. I love all of the ideas listed here.
DD (10)

May 2005 - AsMov
Sept. 2006 - POP
Sept. 2007 - POR
Aug. 2008 - AKL
June. 2010 - CBR (Grand Gathering)
April 2012 - POP
Oct. 2014 - POP
Deffenm is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2012, 07:17 AM   #1743
lledman
DIS Veteran

I posted these to my PTR but figured I’d share here as well. This weekend we did Lilo & Stitch.

This time I didn't surprise the kids all the way (I decorated in the morning while they were still home so they knew we were going to watch Lilo & Stitch that night but they didn't find out until the morning of). After I picked them up from camp we came home and while I was shredding the pork lion for the BBQ Tyra and Devin made the fruit skewers.

I guess I was taking too long b/c they then decided to eat a fruit skewer each

Our feast

movie time
May 2011 with the in-laws
January 2012 - no husbands allowed

Best Friends Take on the World - October 2012 PTR

lledman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:31 AM   #1744
lledman
DIS Veteran

Last night we planned a Jake & the Neverland Pirates theme night – our traveling companions were able to join us.

While I put our pizzas – um pirate ships – in the oven the kids made their masts/sails.

I printed out activity books from the Disney jr. website – the kids loved making the crafts. Here’s Tyra and her looking glass.

The kids playing Pirate Memory (notice their hats – also printed from online)

We watched the cartoon while playing the game so it was a little distracting

On the menu –

Our snacks - Cannon Balls (coco puffs), Cod Fish (goldfish) & Gold Pirate’s Teeth (pineapple tidbits)

Tyler baked a cake while I was at work and I put on the icing and paper cut outs when I got home.

And our Pirate Boats

May 2011 with the in-laws
January 2012 - no husbands allowed

Best Friends Take on the World - October 2012 PTR

lledman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:01 AM   #1745
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Love the treasure map tablecloth!!! Your movie nights turned out GREAT!
Old 08-01-2012, 09:16 AM   #1746
beachta1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPooh View Post
For UP!

I'd have to watch the movie again and see what foods are served at the dinner - I can't remember off hand but that might be a good start.

I would decorate with balloons like those tied on the house and clouds.

Activities:

earn badges (like a scout type thing)
make a scrapbook of things you've done/want to do

Make sure everyone occassionally shouts out "squirrel!". (LOL my whole family keeps doing this).

I'm sure I'll think of some more but I might need to watch it again for more ideas. Can't wait to hear what others come up with.
Love it! Squirrel!
beachta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:12 AM   #1747
DisneyFreq
Do you believe in fairies? If you believe, clap your hands!

We leave in a month so we had a theme meal and a movie last night. My youngest is nearly 13 so there weren't really any crafts.... Just some trivia questions. We watched the country bears..... Forgot how funny that car wash scene was. Our menu: pear gargonzola salad (prebagged stuff), cornbread recipe from hoop de doo (really good, will make again with less salt tho), BBQ baked beans, BBQ country style ribs, corn on the cob, grilled onions, Mac n cheese (artist point recipe, with a blue cheese topping...yum), and apple pie upside down cake a la mode for desert. Served up with ice tea for the kids and beer for the adults. We were stuffed, and so were our neighbors
Mar 2013 All Stars Sports Surf's Up Sept 2012 POFQ Oct 2010/11 Dolphin Jun 2010: Fort Wilderness Loop 300 Feb 2010: Coronado Springs Casitas Nov 2009: Orange Lake Resort Sep 2009: Pop Century 50s Sep 2007: Caribbean Beach Resort Barbados Oct 2006: All Stars Movies Love Bug May 2006: All Stars Sports Surf's Up/ Music Rock Inn Dec 2005: Pop Century 70s Feb 2001: Timeshare Feb 2000: Shades of Green May 1999: Travelodge Suites E Gate Orange

DisneyFreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:48 AM   #1748
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreq View Post
We leave in a month so we had a theme meal and a movie last night. My youngest is nearly 13 so there weren't really any crafts.... Just some trivia questions. We watched the country bears..... Forgot how funny that car wash scene was. Our menu: pear gargonzola salad (prebagged stuff), cornbread recipe from hoop de doo (really good, will make again with less salt tho), BBQ baked beans, BBQ country style ribs, corn on the cob, grilled onions, Mac n cheese (artist point recipe, with a blue cheese topping...yum), and apple pie upside down cake a la mode for desert. Served up with ice tea for the kids and beer for the adults. We were stuffed, and so were our neighbors
What a great movie night idea!!!! We had that movie when it was on VHS...haven't seen it in quite a few years. It is rather cheesy, but I agree that the carwash scene is hilarious! My hubby plays guitar so perhaps a guitar sing-along would be a great activity to do...

This weekend we are doing our Alice in Wonderland movie night...

Last edited by oopsiDAISY; 08-02-2012 at 01:09 PM.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:17 PM   #1749
Deffenm
DIS Veteran

My DD picked movie for August. We will be doing the Little Mermaid. Now time to go back thru and find ideas from all of the creative disers here.
DD (10)

May 2005 - AsMov
Sept. 2006 - POP
Sept. 2007 - POR
Aug. 2008 - AKL
June. 2010 - CBR (Grand Gathering)
April 2012 - POP
Oct. 2014 - POP
Deffenm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:54 PM   #1750
JavArmy
DIS Veteran

Okay, after a crazy June and July we are back on the Disney Movie Nights!! Tonight's was Lion King! We had "zebra" steak, Rafiki's Trees (broccoli), Timon and Pumba's Bug Jello (jello w/ gummie worms), Asante sana sliced bananas (plantains), Prairie grass (coleslaw), squashed banana's with Jungle animals (banana pudding with animal crackers), and zazu juice (blue kool aid). We also listened to African music from Pandora.

The jello turned out interesting. I didn't try it (i'm not a fan of gummie, but my husband and son liked it, my daughter did not)

For activities we did a safari. I printed out pictures of animals and we taped them around the house and the kids had to search for them. We also did Lion King bingo, and we made african masks. While we cleaned the table the kids did an activity page I found online and a coloring page p.s. My son drew hidden mickeys on his coloring page for my husband to find...so proud

We will be doing our next Disney Movie Night in two weeks. My son drew the movie out of the bag and it will be...Princess and the Frog!! I need to learn how to make beignets!

Last edited by JavArmy; 08-05-2012 at 04:04 PM.
JavArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 03:54 PM   #1751
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

DD chose the movie and was my helper

table

Minnie minus the movie (DD couldn't find it)

Place setting. Both kids had a safari animal paddleball set. I forgot to take a picture of them outside playing

Menu and activity sheet

Buffet

paw print cookies

Pumbaa punch

DS on a safari hunt for animals

DD. Not sure why it's so blurry
Old 08-05-2012, 04:02 PM   #1752
JavArmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelley00 View Post
DD chose the movie and was my helper

table

Minnie minus the movie (DD couldn't find it)

Place setting. Both kids had a safari animal paddleball set. I forgot to take a picture of them outside playing

Menu and activity sheet

Buffet

paw print cookies

Pumbaa punch

DS on a safari hunt for animals

DD. Not sure why it's so blurry
]
Haha, I thought it was funny you had orange pumbaa punch and we had blue zazu juice I also love your daughter's festive outfit

JavArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:44 PM   #1753
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Alice in Wonderland this past Saturday night!

The invitation:

The decorations:

The food:

An idea I got from Pinterest (DD12 and DS6 made them):

Crafts:

We got a late start on movie night due to a power outage (). We didn't have time to do the house of cards, but we did have time for...

Tea Time:

DD12 just may be tired of the picture taking, what do you think? ()

Pouting because mean ole' mommy won't let him strike a Ninja pose:

Of course Daddy ADORES tea time:

And our next movie night theme will be:

So, I have ideas for food and activities for Snow White. Does anyone have decorating ideas???

Last edited by oopsiDAISY; 08-06-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:09 PM   #1754
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

So, I am sort of coming up with my own decorating ideas for Snow White... My Christmas Nativity has a water well with a bucket. It is ceramic. I think I will make stand-ups of the characters to put on the table. with Snow White and her Prince standing by the "wishing well." I can then get various silk flowers to scatter around as well. I already have a beautiful forest green tablecloth to put down. I think this all might just work...
Old 08-06-2012, 03:40 PM   #1755
Becc1
DIS Veteran

oopsiDAISY, love how your Alice in Wonderland night came out, sorry I didn't get back to you about the cutouts earlier. I just looked and couldn't find them where they used to be on the Disney site. I do like the ones you made yourslef though

Can I really keep my mouth shut for the next 6 months?
Princesses don't hit, kick or spit! A May/June 2011 TR

Becc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: