Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2012, 05:34 PM   #1726
AUdisfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdc2wdw View Post
I just want to say I LOVE this thread and all of your creative ideas! I will definitely use this leading up to our next trip (June 2013). How far in advance did you all start the Disney themed nights? Would January be too soon to start? Thanks!
We're doing our first one this weekend in preparation for out trip in December. So excited to start the countdown!

AUdisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:19 PM   #1727
wdc2wdw
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lledman View Post
We've only done 1 for our trip in October so far but the kids loved it. I plan to do another tonight and they are sooo excited, I think I'm just going to keep doing them even after our trip to prepare for our October 2013 trip as well - so I vote it's never too early to start.
Thanks! You convinced me (didn't take much, I know ). I'll start next week. Maybe have them pick the movie Sunday and do the Disney night Saturday? Now I'm excited...have to look at this thread for ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUdisfan View Post
We're doing our first one this weekend in preparation for out trip in December. So excited to start the countdown!
Wow you're so close to your trip! What movie are you doing?
Register to remove

Old 07-27-2012, 06:40 PM   #1728
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

We started in May for our October trip. We try to do them every weekend.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:08 PM   #1729
AUdisfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdc2wdw View Post
Wow you're so close to your trip! What movie are you doing?
We're doing Up. We wrote down the names of all the movies we might want to do and put them into our Mickey Mouse bucket. We decide on which movie to do by pulling a slip out of the bucket. It is a pretty fun way to decide.

AUdisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:03 AM   #1730
scholastica
Mouseketeer

This is an awesome thread. My Disney plans are still up in the air but I still want to steal these ideas for just watching movies at home.
scholastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:57 PM   #1731
Becc1
DIS Veteran

To kick off the Olypics we had a Hercules Day/Opening Ceremony Night.

We watched the movie in the afternoon and during it the kids did coloring pages and we snacked on hummus and pita chips.

For dinner I made my first attempt ever at Greek food, I found some yummy recipes over on Pinterest (I LOVE Pinterest ) I made keftedes sliders with tzatziki sauce, kolokythokeftedes (zucchini and feta balls) and for my non adventurous eaters I made regular burgers with Zeus's lightening bolt fries.

Dessert was going to be baklava but it was just too much for me to do so I bought a chocolate chip Olympic ring cake During dessert the kids did a Hercules puzzle

Now onto our Opening Ceremony celebrations, my DH is really into the Olympics so he was very happy that our kids were excited about them this year. I made snacks to munch on while we watched and the kids played a cute bingo game that I found online.

Gold medals

Torches made from buggles and squeeze cheese

Olympic torch cupcakes

We also had Olympic onion rings that I didn't get a shot of.

Here's the bingo game, which unfortunately all children fell asleep before anyone won

Can I really keep my mouth shut for the next 6 months?
Princesses don't hit, kick or spit! A May/June 2011 TR

Becc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:29 PM   #1732
Princessmommymouse
Earning My Ears

Did our first Disney theme night!

Been Lurking on this thread for a while! Love everyone's ideas! Will be adding some of my own soon!

We had our first theme night last night and it was a huge hit! We decided to start with Snow White, and work our way through chronologically! We were on a limited budget, so it wasn't fantastic, but I printed up tickets and little menus, carved out the centers of apples to use as cups for "poison" apple juice (dyed it blackish green and served in a punch bowl). We had a German inspired vegetarian meal of Tempeh in hearty mushroom Lager sauce (yes, my kids eat that kind of stuff! Licked their plates clean!), made caramel apple lollipops (slice the apples before dipping, much easier for little hands), cleaned the house like Snow White, made paper dolls I printed from spoonful.com, and watched the movie! IT WAS A BLAST! Can't wait to get pictures up of some of it!

Next up will be Pinnochio! Looking forward to that!
Old 07-30-2012, 08:40 AM   #1733
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becc1 View Post

Olympic torch cupcakes

How did you make the cupcakes??? they are awesome!

Chicago Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:07 AM   #1734
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Becc1~ Where do you get the printable character stand-ups? I was looking for something like this for our Alice In Wonderland movie night this Saturday because I had seen them on here. I had no luck finding them. I made my own, but they are not nearly as cute.
oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:30 PM   #1735
Missdisney00
DIS Veteran

Movie : the little mermaid (under the sea)

not so sure what kinds of food any suggestions?
Missdisney00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:09 PM   #1736
DonaldDuckFamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missdisney00 View Post
Movie : the little mermaid (under the sea)

not so sure what kinds of food any suggestions?
I got my ideas from this board. Here is what we had:

The kids also dressed like they were ready to go to the beach in the middle of winter:

Have fun planning
Offsite Feb 2004;AS Music April 2007;Coronado Springs March 2008;Port Orleans Riverside April 2009;POR February/March 2010;POR March/April 2011 ;Boardwalk Villas November 2011 (10th Anniversary celebration with DH );BWI March/April 2012; Beach Club March 2013; Christmas/NYE 2013 Polynesian/Boardwalk Inn; February 2014 Princess Half POP; Beach Club Aug 17-30 2014
DH Me DS 15 DD 10 : DS 8
DonaldDuckFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:06 PM   #1737
DonaldDuckFamily
Mouseketeer

We also just had a luau for Lilo and Stitch.

The kids made surfboards:

Menu:

As you can see in this picture we made the Dole Whip cupcakes:

Getting ready for the movie:

We had a burn ban so we had to improvise with the fire pit:
Offsite Feb 2004;AS Music April 2007;Coronado Springs March 2008;Port Orleans Riverside April 2009;POR February/March 2010;POR March/April 2011 ;Boardwalk Villas November 2011 (10th Anniversary celebration with DH );BWI March/April 2012; Beach Club March 2013; Christmas/NYE 2013 Polynesian/Boardwalk Inn; February 2014 Princess Half POP; Beach Club Aug 17-30 2014
DH Me DS 15 DD 10 : DS 8
DonaldDuckFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:20 PM   #1738
Becc1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
How did you make the cupcakes??? they are awesome!

I found the idea for the cupcakes on Pinterest! All it is is a cupcake inside of a ice cream cone , frosted and then I put trianle strips of red fruit roll ups!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
Becc1~ Where do you get the printable character stand-ups? I was looking for something like this for our Alice In Wonderland movie night this Saturday because I had seen them on here. I had no luck finding them. I made my own, but they are not nearly as cute.
I have a couple of places I get the stand ups from. The first place I go to find them is the Disney site under characters and stars. Find the movie you are doing and sometimes they have the activities and stuff on that page directly. Here's a link http://disney.go.com/characters/#/characters/

If you don't see what you are looking for, go to the Disney Junior site and look under coloring pages, they have the stand ups there for alot of the movies, some you may have to color (I have my DD do those ones).

Another place is the Family Fun site, they always have great ideas and printouts for the latest movies!

Can I really keep my mouth shut for the next 6 months?
Princesses don't hit, kick or spit! A May/June 2011 TR

Becc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:07 AM   #1739
klineyqueen
I live in the country where nothing much happens

I love this thread. Thanks.

1991 - offsite w/ parents 1991 - offsite w/ band 1995 - ASMu 2002 - Caribbean Beach and 3 day Wonder 1/17/04 - Western Cruise-Magic 12/04 - Christmas in Disney8/05 - Pop Century 12/06- Double Dip Magic Cruise w/ POP & ASMu 6/07- Celebrated Mom's 50th Birthday - ASMo Trip for Free Meal Plan 8/07 - POP 6/09 - 12 days at POP8/12 Pop11/13 Fantastic Fantasy
klineyqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:30 AM   #1740
Fall1
DIS Veteran

Lisa - I LOVE the Hercules night!! That is one of DS and DD's favorite Disney movies, love the puzzle!!
Upcoming December 2014 BCV
me DH DS 6 DD 6

Fall1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: