Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 526 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:26 AM   #1711
DonaldDuckFamily
Mouseketeer

We've been having theme nights for the past year and a half. I've got so many pictures to share (I won't do it all at once) but finally figured out how post pictures.

Here is the Princess and the Frog theme night we had the Saturday before Fat Tuesday. We ordered a King Cake from Haydel's Bakery in New Orleans for the occasion.

In the background of the last picture, you can see our Disney countdown. We had three poster boards with 36 days on each (108 countdown) and behind each day there was a picture from a previous trip.
Offsite Feb 2004;AS Music April 2007;Coronado Springs March 2008;Port Orleans Riverside April 2009;POR February/March 2010;POR March/April 2011 ;Boardwalk Villas November 2011 (10th Anniversary celebration with DH );BWI March/April 2012; Beach Club March 2013; Christmas/NYE 2013 Polynesian/Boardwalk Inn; February 2014 Princess Half POP; Beach Club Aug 17-30 2014
DH Me DS 15 DD 10 : DS 8
DonaldDuckFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:37 AM   #1712
DonaldDuckFamily
Mouseketeer

Haunted Mansion theme night:

We have a Mickey Head patio in our backyard so we watched the movie out there. Here is the picture from last year. I need to get an updated one but I wanted to wait until all of the grass was planted and it was green.
Offsite Feb 2004;AS Music April 2007;Coronado Springs March 2008;Port Orleans Riverside April 2009;POR February/March 2010;POR March/April 2011 ;Boardwalk Villas November 2011 (10th Anniversary celebration with DH );BWI March/April 2012; Beach Club March 2013; Christmas/NYE 2013 Polynesian/Boardwalk Inn; February 2014 Princess Half POP; Beach Club Aug 17-30 2014
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2012, 12:22 PM   #1713
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

OMGoodness~a Mickey head patio?!?!!! You guys are awesome parents!!!!
oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:48 PM   #1714
disneygirl1972
DIS Veteran

Epcot theme nights

In preparation for our December trip, I am planning Epcot theme nights. I have the Mickey heads with the country flag printed & in an envelope for the kids to pick the week before so I can prepare for that country. I have the menu basically picked for each country along with a dessert. I want a Disney movie to go along with each country, as well. Some countries are deeming themselves difficult with a movie (ie. Norway, Japan, Italy).

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated for everything!! Your ideas may be better than mine
Old 07-26-2012, 02:05 PM   #1715
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirl1972 View Post
In preparation for our December trip, I am planning Epcot theme nights. I have the Mickey heads with the country flag printed & in an envelope for the kids to pick the week before so I can prepare for that country. I have the menu basically picked for each country along with a dessert. I want a Disney movie to go along with each country, as well. Some countries are deeming themselves difficult with a movie (ie. Norway, Japan, Italy).

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated for everything!! Your ideas may be better than mine
Pinocchio for Italy...not sure about Norway or Japan. Mulan is China, right?
Old 07-26-2012, 02:20 PM   #1716
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

Beauty and the Beast or Aristocrats for France, Three Caballeros for Mexico.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:25 PM   #1717
ilovepete
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I love this! Italy could you do Lady & the Tramp for the spaghetti scene? Maybe a Princess movie for Norway because of Akershus? Not that it has anything to actually do with Norway, but if you can't think of anything else it might work. For Japan - Ponyo?
Old 07-26-2012, 03:54 PM   #1718
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovepete View Post
I love this! Italy could you do Lady & the Tramp for the spaghetti scene? Maybe a Princess movie for Norway because of Akershus? Not that it has anything to actually do with Norway, but if you can't think of anything else it might work. For Japan - Ponyo?
Ponyo for Japan is a great idea! That is such a sweet little movie, my kids loved it!
Old 07-26-2012, 05:55 PM   #1719
coconutsunshine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDuckFamily View Post

We have a Mickey Head patio in our backyard so we watched the movie out there. Here is the picture from last year. I need to get an updated one but I wanted to wait until all of the grass was planted and it was green.
I LOVE your patio, I am soooo jealous!
Old 07-26-2012, 07:02 PM   #1720
DonaldDuckFamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutsunshine View Post
I LOVE your patio, I am soooo jealous!
Thanks!!! We love it too!!! I'm so glad my husband was ok with it. Since we were putting in a cirlce patio anyways I said "why not just add two more circles to make a Mickey head?". It helps us get our Disney fix.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:32 PM   #1721
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

DH is working nights all weekend, so we had a simple Movie Day lunch instead of Movie Night. Cars!

Minnie holding the checkered flag (and the movie)

Place settings

Menu and activity sheet

Making stoplight cookies

Doc Hudson Hoagies

Stoplights

Buffet

Lightning Lemonade

Car races
Old 07-27-2012, 01:57 PM   #1722
wdc2wdw
Earning My Ears

I just want to say I LOVE this thread and all of your creative ideas! I will definitely use this leading up to our next trip (June 2013). How far in advance did you all start the Disney themed nights? Would January be too soon to start? Thanks!
Old 07-27-2012, 02:31 PM   #1723
lledman
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdc2wdw View Post
I just want to say I LOVE this thread and all of your creative ideas! I will definitely use this leading up to our next trip (June 2013). How far in advance did you all start the Disney themed nights? Would January be too soon to start? Thanks!
We've only done 1 for our trip in October so far but the kids loved it. I plan to do another tonight and they are sooo excited, I think I'm just going to keep doing them even after our trip to prepare for our October 2013 trip as well - so I vote it's never too early to start.
May 2011 with the in-laws
January 2012 - no husbands allowed

Best Friends Take on the World - October 2012 PTR

lledman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:24 PM   #1724
MissMickee
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." ~Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumparound View Post
Yes I am...I was thinking if I look around on the website, I might find an option to shrink the pics...I just haven't gotten around to it lol.
After you click "upload", you'll see an option, towards the top right, before the ad, that says "customize your upload options". In there, choose your photo size (mine's set to 320x240). As far as I can tell, you can't change the size after you've uploaded the photos.

Off property 1987, 1996, 1997, 2000 ~ Caribbean Beach Resort September 2003 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge January 2005 ~ All Star Movies July 2005 ~ Contemporary MK View June 2007 ~ Polynesian Club Level June 2008 ~ POR & Polynesian July 2009 ~ Private Villa May 2011 ~ Private Villa June/July 2012 ~ Art of Animation May 2013
MissMickee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:53 PM   #1725
MissMickee
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." ~Walt Disney

Quote:

Morocco - Aladdin is set in Iraq, and though they're not the same country, they do share similar foods/cultures.
Mexico - Three Caballeros
France - Beauty & the Beast, Aristocats, Lady & the Tramp, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Hunchback of Notre Dame (a lot are based in France!)
Japan - Ponyo
China - Mulan
Germany - Snow White
Italy - Pinocchio
Canada - Brother Bear

Off property 1987, 1996, 1997, 2000 ~ Caribbean Beach Resort September 2003 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge January 2005 ~ All Star Movies July 2005 ~ Contemporary MK View June 2007 ~ Polynesian Club Level June 2008 ~ POR & Polynesian July 2009 ~ Private Villa May 2011 ~ Private Villa June/July 2012 ~ Art of Animation May 2013
MissMickee is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: