Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 776 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:28 PM   #1696
MissMickee
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." ~Walt Disney

Great movie nights guys! I'm loving the Brave ones... We'll totally do that one the day it comes out on DVD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumparound View Post
Once again sorry for such large pictures...idk how to make them smaller.
Are you using Photobucket?

Off property 1987, 1996, 1997, 2000 ~ Caribbean Beach Resort September 2003 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge January 2005 ~ All Star Movies July 2005 ~ Contemporary MK View June 2007 ~ Polynesian Club Level June 2008 ~ POR & Polynesian July 2009 ~ Private Villa May 2011 ~ Private Villa June/July 2012 ~ Art of Animation May 2013
MissMickee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:56 AM   #1697
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Our movie was The Princess and the Frog! We had a great time. My BFF and her family joined us. The kids didn't really watch the movie all the way through...they kept going in and out of the room to play and then watch and then play some more. It was okay. Fun was had by all, and of course I photodocumented the occasion...

The table:

"Buffet" labels for the food:

Additional decor:

The food: (Jambalaya, Homemade Chicken Nuggets, French Baguette, Fresh Fruit, "Faux" Beignets

Craft time:

And the finished craft:

And our next movie night theme will be:

oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2012, 08:23 PM   #1698
Just*the*ten*of*us
Mouseketeer

everyone has such wonderful ideas! weve been doing these for years, I tihnk its time to start taking pictures and joining in the fun here!
Old 07-20-2012, 07:19 PM   #1699
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

We did The Princess and the Frog tonight.

Minnie in her Mardi Gras mask holding the movie

Ray flying above the table

Menu and activity list

Place setting

Frog Prince cupcakes. It's killing my OCD that one of them is missing a chocolate chip eyeball

So, here's my whoops moment. I knew gumbo took awhile. I just under estimated exactly how long was awhile. So I thought I'd make jambalaya, but realized we didn't have any rice. Two strikes. We ordered take out from a local Cajun Cafe instead

Swamp water (AKA Fresca)

Leap frog

Princess and the Frog memory
Old 07-20-2012, 09:27 PM   #1700
coconutsunshine
DIS Veteran

I just LOVE this thread, we have had two nights so far, Nemo and Peter Pan and had such fun, I'll post pictures soon. This week is going to be very low key as we had to unexpectedly go out of town last week and have family visiting this week. Keep posting pics I love them so much.

Chelley00 Awesome Princess and the Frog!! I love the leap frog pic, your husband looks really happy in it, I'm a sucker for dads having fun with their families, especially when it comes to Disney!!
Old 07-20-2012, 09:51 PM   #1701
LoveToTravel2001
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique

Just found this thread and thinking 'How cool!' Wish I'd found it years ago when my DD was younger and we were going to Disney every year. But, she and I are scheduled to go again in March for UCA Nationals, without dad for the first time. This might get her excited about the Disney piece of it and not just the cheerleading part of the trip. I'm more excited for Disney and less thrilled with the thought of 1000s of cheerleaders for days. Now to troll around the thread to find a few good movie ideas. I'm thinking I need to go with her favorites - Aristocats, Mary Poppins, Monsters Inc...
WDW - CBR 5/14 The Summit
LoveToTravel2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:58 AM   #1702
jumparound
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMickee View Post

Are you using Photobucket?
Yes I am...I was thinking if I look around on the website, I might find an option to shrink the pics...I just haven't gotten around to it lol.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:17 PM   #1703
RiveraFamily
New Criuser's Family

these ideas are too cute
RiveraFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:26 AM   #1704
mrstomrice
Thomas and Jake's Mommy:)

A little off topic, but we thought we'd do an Olympic theme night on Friday for the opening ceremony. We're going to have an all American cookout with burgers and dogs, and some competitions around the backyard swingset. Any other suggestions?
Old 07-24-2012, 10:47 AM   #1705
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
A little off topic, but we thought we'd do an Olympic theme night on Friday for the opening ceremony. We're going to have an all American cookout with burgers and dogs, and some competitions around the backyard swingset. Any other suggestions?
For your Olympic Disney movie night you could watch the Goofy Short - The Olympic Champ
We love those shorts here at our place!
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:52 AM   #1706
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Our most recent night was The Great Mouse Detective. We had crumpets and the Cheddar Cheese Soup from Le Cellier, and we made a paper craft of Big Ben. It took forever to do but the kids enjoyed cutting it out and assembling it. Here is the recipe for the soup (my daughter says it's her new all time favourite soup recipe) and the link to the paper craft as well.

78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:25 AM   #1707
My2Qtz0205
DIS Veteran

I thought we would do Hercules to tie in to the Olympics, but we are going out of town this weekend during the opening ceremonies. I have seen ideas on Pinterest or Family Fun for fruit tarts made in the colors of the Olympic rings, and of course Greek food is yummy!

My December 2012 Trip Report via my Scrapbook: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post49171745
My Almost a Grand Gathering, 10th Anniversary Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post34138322
My2Qtz0205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:20 PM   #1708
Becc1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2Qtz0205 View Post
I thought we would do Hercules to tie in to the Olympics, but we are going out of town this weekend during the opening ceremonies. I have seen ideas on Pinterest or Family Fun for fruit tarts made in the colors of the Olympic rings, and of course Greek food is yummy!
I was planning to incorporate a Hercules night also for the Olympics, I have found lots of cute ideas on Pinterest as well!

Can I really keep my mouth shut for the next 6 months?
Princesses don't hit, kick or spit! A May/June 2011 TR

Becc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:15 PM   #1709
nancy drew
DIS Veteran

We're doing an Olympics night on Friday, and we will be watching the Opening Ceremonies and perhaps doing a few Olympic events either in the living room or outside. We will be having English food, since the games are in London, so the plan is to have "Bangers and Mash" (hot dogs/sausages and mashed potatoes), with peas on the side, and an English Trifle for dessert. Maybe some sort of Olympic Punch for drinks, or something. DD might have a friend over, to share in the fun!

We only have a couple of weeks before our trip, so it looks like we'll have to cram in a bunch of quick movie nights!!!

Me DD 10 DS 8
1982: Contemporary 1989: Contemporary 1998: Disneyland (day trip) 2005: Wilderness Lodge 2006: Wilderness Lodge 2007: Contemporary 2008: Disneyland (Park Vue) 2009: Disneyland (HoJo) 2010: Pop Century 2011: Disneyland (PPH/DLH) and Boardwalk 2012: San Diego and Disneyland (PPH) 2013: Polynesian and Port Orleans Riverside 2014: Dolphin and Disney Dream
nancy drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:11 PM   #1710
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

I love the idea of doing Hercules to tie in the Olympics. We are stuck with Cars this weekend, but might have to do Hercules next the next weekend.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: