Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2012, 09:04 PM   #1636
MissMickee
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." ~Walt Disney

Dinosaur!!

Food table (we ate in the living room again while we watched the movie, since it's a school night).

For the decor, I used some dry wood that was down next to our wood stove, drilled some holes in them, cut some ferns from the yard to stuff in the holes. Found some big rocks (and that cool one with the moss growing on it!) and filled in with the kids dino toys. Oh, and made a couple meteors out of scrapbooking paper to hang over it all. I was really happy with how it turned out!

Dinner...

Drink....

If you'd like to make the water bottle labels, you can print them from here.

Movie snacks....

Thanks Chelly00!!!

Got the idea for these here. To really get the prints to show up, I dunked the (washed!) dino's feet in cinnamon before I stamped them into the cookie.

Candy rocks and yogurt pretzels (because they look like bones! LOL!)

Cocoa-Puff treat volcanos. These looked so much better in my head!! But they were DE-LI-CIOUS!

And because DH says I make too much "sweet stuff"....

I bought the kids foam dinosaur hats at the dollar store, so our craft tonight was making foam feet to match. I just cut holes in some foam sheets then pointy toes. Then I cut triangles out of white adhesive backed foam for the toe nails. Short and sweet tonight because it's a school night and they kids have never seen this movie, so I wanted them to be able to pay attention to it. lol!

Then... there was a whole lot of ROARING!!!

The feet were really cute and REALLY easy, but they wouldn't stay straight. Maybe some double-sided tape to stick to their socks would have help. They didn't care. =)

And one last...

ROAR!!!!

Off property 1987, 1996, 1997, 2000 ~ Caribbean Beach Resort September 2003 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge January 2005 ~ All Star Movies July 2005 ~ Contemporary MK View June 2007 ~ Polynesian Club Level June 2008 ~ POR & Polynesian July 2009 ~ Private Villa May 2011 ~ Private Villa June/July 2012 ~ Art of Animation May 2013
MissMickee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:16 PM   #1637
Becc1
DIS Veteran

Great Dinosaur night Lisa!

We had a Phineas and Ferb Night to kick off the start of summer vacation

We started our summer adventures off at the water park in Six Flags, then came home for a fun night! We have no P+F toys so I got cutouts from online and I decorated with some new summer toys and books that I bought for the kids. My DD is now my official banner maker which she makes with the cricut!

Dinner was Mr. Slushy corndogs, P+F mac and cheese and Platypus eggs (tater tots, thanks Tammie for the idea)

Dessert was Perry cupcakes. I must say that out of all of the different cupcakes I have made these are among my favs!

No time for a craft this evening but I printed out these fun activity books which they liked!

Playing Pin the tail on Perry

Movie Snacks, P+F yougurt and fruit snacks and Perry tails

My silly platypuses!

Next up is Brave, still a bit torn on our meal. I looked up Scottish foods and really nothing appealled to me at all. Thinking of some kind of pies which I've seen in the trailers

Can I really keep my mouth shut for the next 6 months?
Princesses don't hit, kick or spit! A May/June 2011 TR

Becc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-09-2012, 01:06 AM   #1638
jumparound
Mouseketeer

Miss Mickee, your dinosaur decoration is amazing! I love it! And the coco puff volcanoes are too cute.

I'm super excited to be having my first disney movie night tomorrow!!
Old 06-09-2012, 01:08 AM   #1639
jumparound
Mouseketeer

OMG I LOVE the platypus cupcakes...I think I'm gonna have to steal that idea lol. And such a cute idea to choose Phineas and Ferb for the start of the summer.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:49 AM   #1640
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcaks & Booze, Running PHM

Lisa...been looking up Scottish recipes, too! Great minds think alike. I am searching through my box of recipes that were my great great grandmothers...a full blooded scot. Hoping to do a little family history with this movie night!
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 04:55 PM   #1641
JavArmy
DIS Veteran

It was the Muppets tonight at our house!!

First, we set up tv trays so it would be a "me party"

Tex Richman gold plated cupcakes

We also had Miss Piggys in a blanket, Animal Drumsticks, Rainbow connection jello, Kermit Platter, and Smile Fries

A picture of the Rainbow Connection Jello

For crafts and games we did Muppet Bingo

And a Muppet Labs experiment

And we played telephone since they had a telethon on the movie

And we threw "bowling balls" at Jack Black like Gonzo in the movie

We also made our own muppets

Now to go watch the movie and eat some cupcakes!! We are doing an extra family movie night next week since my baby sister will be in town!! Looks like we'll be doing Aladdin!

Last edited by JavArmy; 06-09-2012 at 05:03 PM.
JavArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:06 AM   #1642
Becc1
DIS Veteran

That jello looks so neat!

Can I really keep my mouth shut for the next 6 months?
Princesses don't hit, kick or spit! A May/June 2011 TR

Becc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:24 AM   #1643
JavArmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becc1 View Post
That jello looks so neat!
Thanks! It's super easy, you just need to start it the day before

JavArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:27 AM   #1644
jumparound
Mouseketeer

Last night was our first Disney Movie Night....or day rather...and we did Finding Nemo. My son had a blast helping me in planning activities and the menu, as well as coming up with the names.

On our menu was underwater sticks (fish sticks), bruce melon (watermelon), fish food (corn), torpedo bread (garlic bread), and squishy fishies for dessert (swedish fish in blue jello).

For movie snacks we had popcorn, gummy sharks, swedish fish, and sour octopuses...octopi? idk
Old 06-10-2012, 10:34 AM   #1645
jumparound
Mouseketeer

For our activities we went swimming, made jellyfish out of balloons and streamers...

We were planning on making a few jellyfish, but ended up with only one each because my son had more fun blowing up the balloons and letting them fly around the room. We made paper plate fish

gave each other face paintings, played go fish

My son also played Freddie Fish on the wii, which is now a little too easy for him. For an educational activity we learned about the life cycle of a fish and predators of fish, then made a little poster.

My son decided he wanted to play "underwater hangman" at the last minute...the hangman had water drawn above it and the words had to be underwater related. I thought it was a cute idea and creative.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:40 AM   #1646
jumparound
Mouseketeer

Sorry for all the pics and for them being so huge (does anyone know how to make them smaller?)...I just wanted to add a couple of the decorations my son made for the table

Our next movie, chosen at random, is Angels in the Outfield. If anyone has any suggestions for this I'd like to hear them please. Food is easy...baseball food lol. Activities I've got play baseball and hiding angels around the house to be found. Other than that I'm stick trying to figure out what to do.
Old 06-10-2012, 02:11 PM   #1647
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

Yesterday was our community yard sale, so it was a long day and I didn't put much effort into movie night. The kids didn't care. They were happy on the splurge of a new Wii game. Usually I don't spend more than $5-$10 on anything for movie night (food not included) so this was a big deal for them.

Last night was Toy Story night

Menu and activity sheet

table

Mickey got the movie holding duties tonight

Oldest and youngest

dessert

Woody Waters

Potato Head party

My artsy fartsy shot of the green army men

Pizza Planet pizza

Toy Story Mania for the Wii
Old 06-10-2012, 03:52 PM   #1648
aLLpInK
Totally Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelley00 View Post
Yesterday was our community yard sale, so it was a long day and I didn't put much effort into movie night. The kids didn't care. They were happy on the splurge of a new Wii game. Usually I don't spend more than $5-$10 on anything for movie night (food not included) so this was a big deal for them.

Last night was Toy Story night

Menu and activity sheet

table

Mickey got the movie holding duties tonight

Oldest and youngest

dessert

Woody Waters

Potato Head party

My artsy fartsy shot of the green army men

Pizza Planet pizza

Toy Story Mania for the Wii

Oooooh, I cant wait to do a Toy Story night!! =)
How did they enjoy the Wii game? I thought about getting it for my girls. Love all the pics and everything looks great!!

aLLpInK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:55 PM   #1649
aLLpInK
Totally Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumparound View Post
For our activities we went swimming, made jellyfish out of balloons and streamers...

We were planning on making a few jellyfish, but ended up with only one each because my son had more fun blowing up the balloons and letting them fly around the room. We made paper plate fish

gave each other face paintings, played go fish

My son also played Freddie Fish on the wii, which is now a little too easy for him. For an educational activity we learned about the life cycle of a fish and predators of fish, then made a little poster.

My son decided he wanted to play "underwater hangman" at the last minute...the hangman had water drawn above it and the words had to be underwater related. I thought it was a cute idea and creative.
Thanks for sharing! My favorite jellyfish idea yet! I just noted some of your great ideas! Looks like we will be doing Nemo next...

aLLpInK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:35 PM   #1650
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Star Wars Weekend

I've already posted these on my pre-trip report but I thought I'd do it here too since this page inspired me in the first place! Long story short, we had a trip planned for star wars weekend this year but couldn't go because of a surprise pregnancy. So for our first Disney movie night? Star Tours!
We made Pricess Leia cupcakes, an AT-AT planter and a Chewbacca bird feeder, affectionately known now as the bird feeder of DEATH!

Thanks for all the great ideas. We have a while to go until we can take our newest mouseketeer to introduce him to Disney so I hope you'll be seeing us around a lot. I've done up a craft and snack idea for each movie (I wanted to keep it inexpensive and manageable for a mom with morning sickness or a new baby, trying to save pennies for Disney!) We are doing all the Disney Animated Classics, the Pixar films, plus Tron, Mickey's Christmas Carol, Mary Poppins, Pirates of the Caribbean, Harry Potter (for our planned Universal day), the Muppets, hopefully the new Del Torro Haunted Mansion), Song of the South, Phineas and Ferb and Nightmare before Christmas. We have 62 weekends to go until the trip so one movie night a weekend and a couple of double features and hopefully this will help us survive the long wait!
Thanks again for all the great ideas!
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: