Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 791 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:20 PM   #1606
tinkermama117
Mouseketeer

Hi!

I stumbled upon this thread about a month ago and literally read the whole thing at once!! I love it!! Such great ideas.

Since we have had 2 family nights, A Bug's Life and Lilo and Stitch. Once I can figure out how to post pics I will post some of our nights.

I am currently looking for ideas for our next night, Princess and the Frog. Since we are about 70 days away, we're going to have one whenever we can. They are so much fun!!!

Keep the ideas coming!!
1998- First Visit: off property,1999: off property, 2000: off property, 2001: off property, 2002: Land and Sea, All Star Music and Disney Wonder, 2003: Caribbean Beach Resort, 2006: Port Orleans Riverside, 2007: Off property but...then became DVC Members!!! 2008: Saratoga Springs, 2009: Saratoga Springs, 2010 (spring) Boardwalk Villas, 2010 (New Years) Saratoga Springs July 29- Aug 1 2012: BLT, Aug1-Aug 5 Disney Dream, Aug 5- Aug 11: BCV, Summer 2013:AKL and Vero Beach Split, Marathon Weekend-OKW, Summer 2014-SSR/Vero Split, Wine and Dine Weekend, Disney Magic Feb 15
tinkermama117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:30 PM   #1607
jannel80
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermama117 View Post
Hi!

Once I can figure out how to post pics I will post some of our nights.

I just figured out how to post pictures. You have to first upload them to photbucket and then insert image from there. I love seeing other DMN photos so hope you figure it out. Would love to see your pictures because I am also planning A Bug's Life and Lilo and Stitch nights!

Me Jannel DH Dave DS Caden DS Colton DD Reise
Many Trips to DW as a child
Dec. 2004 Carribean Beach Resort with DH
Dec. 2010 Pop (1st trip with kids)
Sept. 2011 Pop
Feb. 2013 AoA Cars Suite
Nov. 2014 CSR
jannel80 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2012, 09:46 PM   #1608
jessp1021
*Dreamin of Disney*

We had our first family night tonight..definitely want to get more creative with decor next week but the food was perfect..we did a baked style spaghetti, bread, choc mousse, and cannoli's along with sparkling grape juice for Lady and the Tramp!
'06 Honeymoon..Brought back an extra special souvenir..our own little minnie mouse 9mo's later!!! '07 First Family Trip '08 First time on the Dining Plan AND first flight for both kids '10 Birthday Celebration trip for DS '12 Princess Trip for DD '14 Birthday Celebration for DD

"A Christian walks by FAITH...not by FEELINGS"
jessp1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:29 PM   #1609
tinkermama117
Mouseketeer

A Bug's Life

Here are some pics from our first family night. We wrote the names of all of the movies we have on a slip of paper and put them in a bucket. DD chose first and she chose... A Bug's Life!

We dressed up the fireplace to go with the movie.

DD made her own decorations!

For dinner we ate Princess Atta's Ants on a Log, Francis' Ladybugs, Heimlich's Worm Dogs, and Flick's Field Green's. For dessert we had Ant Island 'Dirt' Cup. We drank Dot's Bug Juice.

We set up a picnic on the floor to go with the theme.

DD enjoys the picnic while DS watches the movie.

For an activity we made bug masks and played "ants" afterward.

Hope you enjoyed our pics!
Next up Lilo and Stitch
1998- First Visit: off property,1999: off property, 2000: off property, 2001: off property, 2002: Land and Sea, All Star Music and Disney Wonder, 2003: Caribbean Beach Resort, 2006: Port Orleans Riverside, 2007: Off property but...then became DVC Members!!! 2008: Saratoga Springs, 2009: Saratoga Springs, 2010 (spring) Boardwalk Villas, 2010 (New Years) Saratoga Springs July 29- Aug 1 2012: BLT, Aug1-Aug 5 Disney Dream, Aug 5- Aug 11: BCV, Summer 2013:AKL and Vero Beach Split, Marathon Weekend-OKW, Summer 2014-SSR/Vero Split, Wine and Dine Weekend, Disney Magic Feb 15
tinkermama117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:50 PM   #1610
JavArmy
DIS Veteran

Okay, this was our first "Disney Movie Night!" The movie was Lady and the Tramp. (sorry about the size, I don't know how to resize them yet!)

"meatball" races, rolling with their noses

Making their own "paw prints"

Coloring Pages

Dog Tags

Lady and the Tramp Bingo

Paw print cookies

Italian Ice

Our movie for next time (in 2 weeks): Muppets!

I'll have to go back through these pages and get some inspiration for the Muppets! My son was so excited to pick this one!

JavArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:40 PM   #1611
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

Since it's a holiday weekend, it's a double feature movie night!

And since it's DS's choice, it's dinosaur themed. Of course.

Cave woman Minnie

Jurassic Juice (fruit punch)

Our lame dinosaur cookies from the dinosaur cookie cutters I haven't used since oldest DS was 2

Activity #1 decorating cookies

Dinosaur dodgeball

Even DS16 was up for dodgeball

Food:

Old 05-26-2012, 09:24 PM   #1612
Becc1
DIS Veteran

[/QUOTE]

Love the dinosaur watermelon! I will for sure be stealing this idea for our future Dinosaur night!

Can I really keep my mouth shut for the next 6 months?
Princesses don't hit, kick or spit! A May/June 2011 TR

Becc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:53 AM   #1613
JavArmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becc1 View Post
Love the dinosaur watermelon! I will for sure be stealing this idea for our future Dinosaur night!
I love the watermelon as well!! However, I will not be stealing the idea, because I'm not that talented! Glad to see your whole family had fun (even the oldest )

JavArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:38 PM   #1614
MissMickee
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." ~Walt Disney

I may be stealing that dinosaur watermelon idea too! Great job!

This week was supposed to be Finding Nemo, but DS vetoed it because he's not a fan of octodogs and anemone and cheese (hot dogs and mac & cheese) so he asked for The Incredibles instead. Fine with me! Love that one too!

Dinner table! I re-used some of the decorations from DS's 5th superhero birthday party. The BAM, POW and ZAP signs were from his party. The paintings over the snack table were part of a mural I did for his bedroom a few years ago. DH wonders why I never throw things away...THIS is why!

For dinner we enjoyed Super "Hero" Sandwiches, Dash's Fast Fries, Elastigirl's Twisty Pasta Salad, Violet's Disappearing Fruit Salad and washed it all down with Frozone Milkshakes. I got a great recipe for homemade vanilla shakes here... they were deeeeelish!

The "centerpiece" is just an image from the internet printed on cardstock and rigged to stand up. Plus I printed out some comic book sound effects and propped them up around it. We have absolutely no Incredibles toys, so I had to improvise. LOL!

I made Incredibles logos with my Cricuit to hang over the table. The food tags I made are available here, if you'd like to use them yourselves. You guys share with me... I'm happy to pay it forward! I also cut the masks the kids are wearing on my Cricut, but I found a template here if you want to cut some yourselves. The cuffs they're wearing are actually a paper towel roll cut into 4 and painted black, but that mask template also has a cuff and if you cut it on black paper, you don't have to deal with messy paint. Kinda wish I'd found it sooner. LOL! The kids decorated their cuffs with foam shapes after dinner...

I kept catching the "POW" that was hanging over the table in my pictures, so I had the kids pose....

Bahahahaha!!! Cracks me up everytime I see it!

Movie time!!

For movie snacks we had Cracker Jack Jacks, Underminer's Dirt Cups, Bomb Voyage's Peanut Butter Bombs (Buckeyes with black licorice strings), Omnidroids (mini Oreos) and to drink, Syndrome Sippers.

During the movie, the kids each colored a blank body template and made them into their own superheroes. You can get the body template here.

So, that was our Incredible night! Next week's hasn't been decided yet. DH won't be home Friday night but if I can sqeeze it in early, we may do Peter Pan Thursday. It amazes me how fast these movie nights make the time fly! We're leaving in exactly a month from today!! SOOOO exciting!

Off property 1987, 1996, 1997, 2000 ~ Caribbean Beach Resort September 2003 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge January 2005 ~ All Star Movies July 2005 ~ Contemporary MK View June 2007 ~ Polynesian Club Level June 2008 ~ POR & Polynesian July 2009 ~ Private Villa May 2011 ~ Private Villa June/July 2012 ~ Art of Animation May 2013
MissMickee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:48 AM   #1615
jessp1021
*Dreamin of Disney*

I am trying to do a mixture of movies that both my DS11 and DD4 will enjoy and I have a couple movies I need help with planning for.. Game Plan is one of them (I know I want to do a dessert of some sort that is themed around Peyton and the ballet and maybe hotdogs to pull in the football theme??) and the other is Tooth Fairy (I'm lost on this one haha)..
'06 Honeymoon..Brought back an extra special souvenir..our own little minnie mouse 9mo's later!!! '07 First Family Trip '08 First time on the Dining Plan AND first flight for both kids '10 Birthday Celebration trip for DS '12 Princess Trip for DD '14 Birthday Celebration for DD

"A Christian walks by FAITH...not by FEELINGS"
jessp1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:58 PM   #1616
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

This Saturday is our Mulan movie night. BFF and her daughter were planning to join us, but they had a change of plans. She was so disappointed. Oh well...I am having a great time planning for it. Will post pictures next week!
oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:52 PM   #1617
aLLpInK
Totally Obsessed

I am excited to share our very first Disney Family Movie Night!! We plan to do one per month (who knows maybe more!!) until our next trip, which would be 15 months away! THANKS TO ALL for sharing your ideas! I am officially addicted to this thread!

Tonight we watched: Alice in Wonderland

we ate: little sandwiches
TEA of course
chips and dip
Unbirthday cupcakes
corn on the cob
fried squash (nothing to do with theme but fresh out of the garden!)

Kids activities: Color sheets, made a rabbit hole out of playhut tunnel, Made arrows pointing every which way...

And a few pics:

I have no idea what's up with DD's expression here...

Thanks for looking! I'm excited about this new tradition and the kids (and obviously i) are having a blast with it!!

Last edited by aLLpInK; 05-31-2012 at 08:06 PM.
aLLpInK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:02 AM   #1618
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aLLpInK View Post
I am excited to share our very first Disney Family Movie Night!! We plan to do one per month (who knows maybe more!!) until our next trip, which would be 15 months away! THANKS TO ALL for sharing your ideas! I am officially addicted to this thread!

Tonight we watched: Alice in Wonderland

we ate: little sandwiches
TEA of course
chips and dip
Unbirthday cupcakes
corn on the cob
fried squash (nothing to do with theme but fresh out of the garden!)

Kids activities: Color sheets, made a rabbit hole out of playhut tunnel, Made arrows pointing every which way...

And a few pics:

I have no idea what's up with DD's expression here...

Thanks for looking! I'm excited about this new tradition and the kids (and obviously i) are having a blast with it!!
How cute! LOVE your tie dye cupcakes and adorable printables! Looks like you had a super fun night!
oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:03 AM   #1619
aLLpInK
Totally Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
How cute! LOVE your tie dye cupcakes and adorable printables! Looks like you had a super fun night!

Thanks so much!! By the way I saw the link to your TR and jumped right on it ! The video made me cry! Your kids are so great (they remind me some of my three ) I just love it! There will be two years between this next trip and our last and its killing me but I know the waiting will make it just that much more WONDERFUL! (or that is what i keep telling myself)

aLLpInK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:35 PM   #1620
MissMickee
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." ~Walt Disney

Last night we did Peter Pan (actually, the kids are watching it again right now, LOVE that! ).

My first plan was to turn our table into a pirate ship but as I was listing everything I'd need to pick up at the craft store, I thought "man, there's got to be something I can make that doesn't require a trip to Hobby Lobby" (even though I LOVE Hobby Lobby LOL!! So I brainstormed a bit and decided to make a map of Never Never Land on our table, then fill the food in around it. This is the map I used...

I used mostly scrapbooking paper. Then cut out some clipart of the characters to fill it in... here's the result....

I think it came out so cute!!

Skull rock is a foam egg-shape I cut and spray painted. Hangman's Tree is a Halloween tree I found on Pinterst. You can find it here.

Then came the food. Since it was a school night (DH has to work tonight) we watched the movie while we ate, so I just put all the food, dinner and movie snacks, together.

Before dinner, the kids colored all the sails for our Pizza Ships. Jake and the Neverland Pirates was on while they colored. lol

Pizza Ships in Pirate Cove. The sail on that ship is Stephen's, he says it's Hook's underware. I guess it's from an episode of Jake. LOL!!

Peek over into Mermaid Lagoon

"Injun Teepees". There are cupcakes in those! The recipe is here, I found it on Pinterest.

Pirate Punch. I got the labels here. She also has Fairy Fizz and Red Injun Juice soda labels you can print. There are other free printables there too.

Cannon Balls (Whoppers), Ol' Codfish (goldfish crackers), Chocolate "Ship" Cookies

Michael's Teddy Bears (Teddy Grahams), "Walk the Plank" (sugar wafers), Fruit kebob swords

Arial view

Tink flew overhead the whole time.

We can fly! We can fly!

Next week we're doing Dinosaur. The kids have never seen it! I've worried it might be too scary, but I think they're old enough now. Can't wait to try my hand at that awesome dino watermelon.

Off property 1987, 1996, 1997, 2000 ~ Caribbean Beach Resort September 2003 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge January 2005 ~ All Star Movies July 2005 ~ Contemporary MK View June 2007 ~ Polynesian Club Level June 2008 ~ POR & Polynesian July 2009 ~ Private Villa May 2011 ~ Private Villa June/July 2012 ~ Art of Animation May 2013
MissMickee is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: