Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 794 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:15 PM   #1591
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

You could use crescent roll dough from a can. I'd just roll the bottom layer flat, top with sandwich type toppings, then roll another layer flat, cut it into strips and braid it, the put it over the toppings and bake.

It's Nemo night here. I'm off to try and make blue Jello. Yes, try. I CANNOT make Jello. It's painful and a longtime family joke: I had bleeding ulcer issues when I was 15, spent 2 months in the hospital and ate nothing but Jello for a month and apparently have flashbacks or something when I try to make it for the kids.

I also gag while I'm watching it wiggle, but that's a whole nother issue for a therapy session
Old 05-18-2012, 05:11 PM   #1592
KingK12
No boo boo, but Yes, I wanna get sauced

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessTigerLily View Post
Movie - Alice in Wonderland

Menu - Tea sandwiches (PB&J, ham & cheese, chicken salad)
Juice boxes (tape on signs that say "Drink Me")
Cookies (break and bake sugar cookies, use gel frosting to write "Eat
Me")
Cheshire cat smiles (slices of melon)
And of course, a Happy Unbirthday cake!

Activity - Build a deck of cards house
Make a caterpillar (styrofoam balls for body segments, toothpicks
to stick them together, pipe cleaners for legs, googly eyes. Have
each family member decorate a body section with glitter glue,
sequins, etc., then attach them all together!)
Love this movie and all the great ideas!
Register to remove

Old 05-18-2012, 08:35 PM   #1593
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

Tonight was Finding Nemo movie night

Fishie glasses

Minnie in her goggles

Found a Nemo cutout for 29 cents

DD was the helper tonight

Buffet line. We had fish sticks (which we realized our 7 year old had never had!) shrimp cocktail, mac n cheese with goldfish crackers, pineapple spears (tentacles) blue jello with gummy fish and Crush soda. Total junk food night (most of which I can't eat because of food allergies, so I'm ready for a sandwich!)

Crush soda

Fishsticks are food, not friends

Bruce the Shark squirt guns

They don't usually dress alike. Today was field day

Going fishing

Finding Nemo
Old 05-19-2012, 05:38 PM   #1594
Kblue
Mouseketeer

These ideas are so cute! We started doing Disney movie nights to count down to our September trip. Since it is just me and DH we aren't going all out. (But I totally would if I thought he would go along with it!) Last week we watched Lion King. For dinner, we had flamingo (chicken), slugs (mac and cheese), and maggots (rice and corn). It was so much fun! Thanks for all of the great ideas!

2007 Swan
2008 Port Orleans Riverside
2009 Port Orleans French Quarter - Honeymoon
2012 Port Orleans French Quarter with the in-laws
2013 All Star Music with my family
2014 All Star Music Anniversary Trip turned Babymoon
2016 Baby's first trip!
Kblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:04 PM   #1595
MissMickee
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." ~Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by PelletierBears View Post
Those sandwiches look delish! Did you make them yourself? if so, would you mind sharing the recipes?

Thanks!
I did. I got the recipe for the pizza one here... http://www.squidoo.com/homemade-calzone

I used a pre-made Pillsbury thin crust. Then the other is ham and cheese I made with a Pillsbury crescent sheet. I used mustard and sharp cheedar on it. I was surprised how easy they were to make (and how FAST they went!). I've actually made them for dinner a few times since. lol

Off property 1987, 1996, 1997, 2000 ~ Caribbean Beach Resort September 2003 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge January 2005 ~ All Star Movies July 2005 ~ Contemporary MK View June 2007 ~ Polynesian Club Level June 2008 ~ POR & Polynesian July 2009 ~ Private Villa May 2011 ~ Private Villa June/July 2012 ~ Art of Animation May 2013
MissMickee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:22 PM   #1596
Becc1
DIS Veteran

To go along with the kick off of Star Wars Weekends (which we sadly won't be going to this year ) we had a marathon Star Wars day.

Movie snacks

For crafts we made lightsabers from pool noodles and Sam and I put together a Star Tours Starspeeder. Our activities were coloring pages and 2 puzzles they did while watching the movies.

Dinner was Han Burgers, Boba Fettucine Alfredo and a yummy quinoa salad DH brought home from his restaurant.

Dessert was Princess Leia cupcakes and green jello

Han Solo trapped in carbonite aka green jello

Can I really keep my mouth shut for the next 6 months?
Princesses don't hit, kick or spit! A May/June 2011 TR

Becc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:26 AM   #1597
BabyEeyore
DIS Veteran

That is a great Star Wars night! We were going to have one recently but we were all sick so we put it off. I love the pool noodle lightsabers, Han's Rolos, and the jello carbonite. Honestly I just love everything about it. Great job!

DH and me: DD (4): Ali: Prim:

Multiple trips as a kid (DL) & lots of day trips to WDW as an adult
Off-site: First trip with DH and DD, WDW Nov. 2008
Pop Century: Oct. 2009, March 2010
POFQ: Sept. 2010 (MNSSHP), Jan. 2011
CBR: Sept. 2011 (MNSSHP)
Art of Animation: Sept. 2012 (MNSSHP)
BabyEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:56 AM   #1598
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcakes, Booze, & PHM

Great Job Lisa...I really need to get back into doing Movie Nights...but we just don't seem to get them done anymore. I have had Herbie sitting her for almost 3 weeks from Netfliks....
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 01:49 PM   #1599
MissMickee
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." ~Walt Disney

Too funny Lisa! We had a Star Wars night too. It was VERY unplanned, as I'm new to the whole Star Wars thing since my 6 year old has pretty much just discovered the awesomness of it, and I had no idea of the significance of "May the 4th". Anyway... that night I threw together a quick dinner in honor. DS was psyched! DD, not so much.

For dinner... Jabba the "Hutt Dogs", Boba Fett-uccine and Vader Taters

For drink... Yoda Soda

For dessert... Wookiee Cookies and Pretzel Lightsabers

Movie snacks... Princess "Lays" with Droid Dip and Palpatine's Popcorn

Off property 1987, 1996, 1997, 2000 ~ Caribbean Beach Resort September 2003 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge January 2005 ~ All Star Movies July 2005 ~ Contemporary MK View June 2007 ~ Polynesian Club Level June 2008 ~ POR & Polynesian July 2009 ~ Private Villa May 2011 ~ Private Villa June/July 2012 ~ Art of Animation May 2013
Old 05-21-2012, 09:43 AM   #1600
MissMickee

Last week we had our Aladdin movie night. We didn't do one this week, since we had so much other stuff going on, but next week is Finding Nemo!

I made the kids Abu hats....

Dinner table! The "magic carpet" is a scarf I got at my craft store for $5!

Centerpiece

For dinner we had Ali Ababawa Kebobs, couscous, Jafar's "so twisted" fries, "stolen" bread and butter and Genie juice. This is the first time my kids have ever had Kool-aid and they HATED it! LOL! I've never given it to them becuase I hated it as a kid. Looks like they don't fall far from this tree, huh?

Their beards are "so twisted"....

Since this is pretty pic heavy.... to be continued....

Old 05-21-2012, 10:02 AM   #1601
MissMickee

Snack table!

For desserts and movie snacks we had...

Baklava (this is the recipe I used.. it was SO yummy!!)

Raja Cookies

Minaret Meringues

Cave of Wonder Delights

Abu's Mini Monkey Bread

Iago's Cracker Snack Mix

Hummus and Pitas

Jasmine's Gems

For our craft we made magic carpets our of felt. I fringed the ends then they decorated them with puff paint.

Old 05-21-2012, 10:05 AM   #1602
JavArmy
DIS Veteran

Too cool!! I need to come over to your place for the next Aladdin night!! Looks like you had plenty of food to go around! Hope you all loved it!

JavArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:24 AM   #1603
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Loving the Star Wars , Nemo and Aladdin nights! I am so excited to do our Mulan night...just two more weeks!!! Since we have 17 MONTHS instead of weeks til our next trip, we are only doing once a month movie nights...and it is driving me CRAZY to not be able to do more! I just this thread and all you fun and creative Disfriends!
oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:57 PM   #1604
jannel80
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
Loving the Star Wars , Nemo and Aladdin nights! I am so excited to do our Mulan night...just two more weeks!!! Since we have 17 MONTHS instead of weeks til our next trip, we are only doing once a month movie nights...and it is driving me CRAZY to not be able to do more! I just this thread and all you fun and creative Disfriends!
I am doing the same as you by doing one a month until our trip because we still have 9 months to go. I am seeing so many great ideas that it is hard to narrow down. I may have to up it once we get closer and go to every other week.

Me Jannel DH Dave DS Caden DS Colton DD Reise
Many Trips to DW as a child
Dec. 2004 Carribean Beach Resort with DH
Dec. 2010 Pop (1st trip with kids)
Sept. 2011 Pop
Feb. 2013 AoA Cars Suite
Nov. 2014 CSR
jannel80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:59 PM   #1605
jannel80
Mouseketeer

Love the Star Wars, Nemo and Aladdin nights! Our next DMN is either Pirates of the Carribean or Finding Nemo. Now to look at everyones pics to get inspired!

Me Jannel DH Dave DS Caden DS Colton DD Reise
Many Trips to DW as a child
Dec. 2004 Carribean Beach Resort with DH
Dec. 2010 Pop (1st trip with kids)
Sept. 2011 Pop
Feb. 2013 AoA Cars Suite
Nov. 2014 CSR
jannel80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: