Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2012, 06:58 PM   #1561
Becc1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
So glad to see you posting again Lisa! I love the nights!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall1 View Post
Lisa - your family is adorable, love the updates!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jannel80 View Post
Becc1- You have such amazing ideas! Great job with all the theme nights!
Thanks so much guys! I am slowly getting back on the boards but we have been continuing our nights, doing 1 per month until about 6 months out and then we'll up it to every other week.

MeMom, I am totally stealing your Chef Mickey's idea. My kids love to cook and I can totally see us doing this with some of their friends.

Can I really keep my mouth shut for the next 6 months?
Princesses don't hit, kick or spit! A May/June 2011 TR

Becc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:12 PM   #1562
momtotwoteens
OIB for me!

I am loving this! Going to do my first movie night for my granddaughter on Monday. We'll be exactly 5 months out. Love, love, love the ideas!!
10/99 First trip ever! 12/07! Jan. 30-Feb. 7, 2009 Baby Girl's Sweet 16 trip! Dec. 13-18, 2010 Mom and Dad trip! Dec. 2-8, 2011 Mom and Dad trip take two!, Feb. '12 Friend's trip, Oct. '12 Granddaughter's 1st visit, Jan. '13 1st time staying at WLand first APs ever!, April '13 1st F&G Festival, May '13 SW, DC and the Mouse!, Aug '13 Bday trip at WL, Sept '13 Granddaughter's 2nd trip, Dec '13 Best Friend's Trip

momtotwoteens is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2012, 08:20 PM   #1563
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

We did our first family movie night tonight to start our long countdown until our trip. 160 days! Thanks to everyone for all the fun suggestions in this thread! We plan on using many of them!

Tonight was Lilo and Stitch

Our table. The little kids got coconut cups, the bigger people got regular luau themed cups. We used leis we already had, and found the pineapple for 39 cents. The lanterns were from the Dollar Tree and we plan on using them for Mulan and Tangled nights. The lava lamp is DDs

Minnie with her lei on holding our movie choice for the night. We plan on using her each movie night to hold the movie for us

Our invitation/menu/activity flyer (I have no idea why it printed black!)

DD (in her messy hair and grass skirt) making fruit skewers

DS doing the "experiment hunt". I printed out tiny experiments and cut them out and taped them up around the house. We originally told the kids they had to find the other 625 experiments and they thought we were serious

Cobra Bubbles

A picture of the skewers with the sign. We did signs under the umbrella for all the food.

DH was still grilling so ignore the missing brats in the buns!

Movie Time

Stitch is troubled. He needs dessert! Lava cakes!
Old 05-06-2012, 06:22 PM   #1564
jannel80
Mouseketeer

We had our first Disney night last night. We did the Three Caballeros. It was so much fun! I can not wait until next month when we do Finding Nemo. I have gotten all my ideas from this thread. Thank you everyone for the great ideas and pictures! I wanted to post some pictures of my own, but I don't know how yet!

Me Jannel DH Dave DS Caden DS Colton DD Reise
Many Trips to DW as a child
Dec. 2004 Carribean Beach Resort with DH
Dec. 2010 Pop (1st trip with kids)
Sept. 2011 Pop
Feb. 2013 AoA Cars Suite
Nov. 2014 CSR
jannel80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:59 PM   #1565
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannel80 View Post
We had our first Disney night last night. We did the Three Caballeros. It was so much fun! I can not wait until next month when we do Finding Nemo. I have gotten all my ideas from this thread. Thank you everyone for the great ideas and pictures! I wanted to post some pictures of my own, but I don't know how yet!
I did a Nemo theme in my classroom this year. I don't think I posted anything on this thread, but maybe it's okay to share, since you mentioned Nemo.

Outside hallway.

In the room.

Next year's theme is going to be Toy Story.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:45 PM   #1566
Missy13d69
DIS Veteran

We've never done theme dinners for movie night, but we do themed snacks on Sunday afternoons when we watch a movie. For dog movies, we do "bones and dog food dip" which is canned bread sticks, cut in half and the ends tied into a knot, baked as per package instructions, and a jar of pizza sauce and a bar of cream cheese heated together. Or, "kibbles and bits" which is chex muddy buddies, with pretzel sticks and peanuts mixed into it.

I also make rice crispy treats, but instead of packing it into a pan, I spread it out loosely on waxed paper and break it into clusters once it sets, then I stir in lattice pretzels and peanuts. This can be "mouse mix" for Cinderella, or whatever you want to call it for minor characters in any Disney film.

Missy13d69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:48 AM   #1567
jannel80
Mouseketeer

MeMom thank you for posting the pictures! What great ideas! I would love to have had a teacher like you! I am def. going to do the jellyfish around the room. Love it! I don't have any Nemo stuffed animals, so I will just have to print pictures out and put sea creatures around.

Missy13d69- such cute ideas!!

Now, how do I add pictures? I can not figure it out! Do you all use photbucket or can I just upload from my computer some how?

Me Jannel DH Dave DS Caden DS Colton DD Reise
Many Trips to DW as a child
Dec. 2004 Carribean Beach Resort with DH
Dec. 2010 Pop (1st trip with kids)
Sept. 2011 Pop
Feb. 2013 AoA Cars Suite
Nov. 2014 CSR
jannel80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:45 PM   #1568
jm106
DIS Veteran

We are just starting our theme nights. First one came on fast! I start at 101 days with 101 dalmations. We just did oreos for dessert since it was last minute.

The few that we did that kids loved- Peter Pan. I made Peter Pan-Cakes with green food coloring with Tinks pixi dust bananas- dipped in yogurt then sprinkled with green sparkly sprinkles.

We also did Lion king and I made chicken legs and broccoli trees of life(had to get creative on that one)
Dessert- Bugs and grubs cup cakes- ice then stick gummy worms and bugs in. Not as elaborate as some but fun!

jm106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:17 AM   #1569
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

I have read this thread non-stop for the past week. I am halfway through... LOVE this idea. We have always gone to WDW during spring break, but it was so crowded this year that we have decided to wait until fall break to go back in 2013. This means 17 MONTHS to wait!!! What better way to keep the magic alive than monthly movie nights? My BFF and her daughter joined us since her DH and DS were at a scout campout. She and her family will be going back to WDW at the same time we will this time, so they will probably be involved with most of our movie nights as we all countdown together. We had our first movie night this past Saturday, and it went GREAT! The kids loved it, and BFF has already been talking about the next one in June. So, without further ado, let's look at some pictures...

I made an invitation to give everyone a few nights before the big event:

I used DS's pirate stuff to decorate the table. He got the hat and sword at Magic Kingdom during out March 2012 WDW trip. The bandana was from our Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage. The treasure chest is DS's also. I emptied his stuff from it and put candy, beads, and plastic rings in it. We later hid it for the treasure hunt. I also got some glow wands for the kids (you can see them in the background):

Our treasure map is the brown paper rolled up in the forground:

Before we got started with our movie and food, we had the treasure hunt. Here are the kids with ye old treasure map:

Love this picture of DS and BFF's DD:

Looking to see what's in the treasure chest:

Now it was time to head in for the movie and some great food:

I had a bowl full of movie graphics for them to draw from to determine what our next movie will be. And our next movie night theme will be......

Our Mulan movie night is sheduled for June 2nd.
oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:41 AM   #1570
GMU MOM
Mouseketeer

I just found this thread and I can't wait to go through all these great ideas. We have a little less than 6 months till our trip so this is a great way to pass the time.
GMU MOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:37 AM   #1571
JavArmy
DIS Veteran

We have our first Disney Movie Night tomorrow. We are doing Lady and the Tramp. I think it will be fun, but I'm a bit worried my kids and husband have too high expectations and I didn't want to work too hard or spend too much money on this. We shall see...keep your fingers crossed for us!

JavArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:18 PM   #1572
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

Movie Night #2

Alice in Wonderland

Since DD helped last time, DS got to help this time. Here he is frosting the Very Merry Unbirthday cake

The table set with DD's tea set and our good dishes

Minnie with the movie and her teacup

Invitation, menu and activity list

The "buffet" line

The caterpillar donuts I found at the store today

The Very Merry Unbirthday cake

Activity #1 "Planting" the roses red. They planted a red rose bush in our perennial garden

DD and DH making card house

DS and I built ours the highest (that's his bare knee and my hand)
Old 05-14-2012, 03:26 PM   #1573
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Chelley00:Love your Alice movie night! What are the Whoooo R U Caterpillars made from? Are those some kind of purchased doughnuts or danishes? They are so cute! I also like the idea of using smilie fries for the Cheshire Cat Smiles. Alice in Wonderland is on our list of future movie nights. I collect teapots, so decorations will be a cinch!

I am having so much fun planning for our Mulan night! It is not until June 2nd, but I have started purchasing and making decorations already. We ordered the movie from Amazon this past weekend. It's a good movie, so we decided to buy instead of rent it.

We thought about buying Alice, but we couldn't decide between the cartoon or the Tim Burton movie. The Tim Burton is pretty crazy, and since we have never seen the cartoon, we didn't know if we would buy it and not like it enough to get our $$ worth from it...

The Dollar Tree had all their luau stuff out while I was looking for decorations for Mulan night, so I bought a bunch of it to stow away for Lilo and Stitch night. Yeah, I am obsessed! I just this thread, and movie nights have become my new obsession since it is still a little early to start planning for our next trip to WDW.

Last edited by oopsiDAISY; 05-14-2012 at 03:32 PM.
oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:33 PM   #1574
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
Chelley00:Love your Alice movie night! What are the Whoooo R U Caterpillars made from? Are those some kind of purchased doughnuts or danishes? They are so cute! I also like the idea of using smilie fries for the Cheshire Cat Smiles. Alice in Wonderland is on our list of future movie nights.
The caterpillars were donuts (basically "long john" donuts frosted)

We always watch the animated Alice because my kids aren't really big fans of the Tim Burton version.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:44 PM   #1575
Becc1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post

The Dollar Tree had all their luau stuff out while I was looking for decorations for Mulan night, so I bought a bunch of it to stow away for Lilo and Stitch night. Yeah, I am obsessed! I just this thread, and movie nights have become my new obsession since it is still a little early to start planning for our next trip to WDW.
It is so easy to get obsessed with the movie nights, especially when you have a long wait until your next trip (13 months ) We have done 33 movies since we started in October 2010 and I have a notebook dedicated for our movies with ideas for food and activities. Also have a storage bin where I store things I pick up when I happen upon them in stores for theme nights.

Can I really keep my mouth shut for the next 6 months?
Princesses don't hit, kick or spit! A May/June 2011 TR

Becc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: