Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2012, 05:34 PM   #1531
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcaks & Booze, Running PHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reginaastralis View Post
Ok, I just read this entire thread. It took about three days, lol (good thing I'm on Spring Break) and I'm excited. We are starting our Movie Days this Sunday with the Muppet movie. I marked down from then until the end of summer and it's 21 weeks ... I plan on using some of these ideas for themed weeks, to give the kids some activities to do, or else it will be one looooooong summer.

Thanks again ladies!!
These nights are so much fun, and they really pass the time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatesRDisneyFans View Post
I am so glad I found this post. I will be using a lot of these ideas for our Disney dinner nights. We are having our first one this weekend to kick off our trip planning. I bought a package of Mickey plates and cups (nothing says party like decorated plates). I haven't decided on the food yet but will be making cupcakes for desert. We are going to make a countdown chain (88 days to go), make a list of our top 5 favorite things we want to do in each park during our trip and try to come up with a few pixie dusting opportunities (random acts of kindness) that we can do in WDW to help spread the magic.
Love the special mickey plates and cups...what a great idea to do pixie dusting...please share the ideas that your family comes up with!
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:34 PM   #1532
soinlove808
Earning My Ears

I am loving all these ideas... Cant wait to try some out,
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2012, 09:07 PM   #1533
mothergothel
Earning My Ears

This thread is great! We already do a family movie night every week & 9 times out of 10 it's a disney movie (the kids take turns choosing the movie). I can't wait to incorporate some of these ideas into our weekly family movie night!

The aim of education should be to teach us rather how to think, than what to think - rather to improve our minds, so as to enable us to think for ourselves, than to load the memory with thoughts of other men. ~Bill Beattie
mothergothel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:58 AM   #1534
MeMom
DIS Veteran

From a granddaughter's birthday yesterday - a Little Mermaid theme.

The birthday girl posing pre-party time.

Welcome to the ocean!

Mermaids arriving.

Grandchild #3 is that baby bump on my daughter (on the floor).

The craft was a picture frame with themed foam stickers.

Outside play.

Snackish things.

Treasure hunt.

The list of things to find was written by the big kindergarten sister.

Sweet little hands loved digging in the sand to find the next treasure called.

Gift table.

Cake and ice cream (in little sand pails).

Presents.

Photo op for each girl. The pictures will be given to them to put in their frames.

Goody bags for each mermaid to take home.

It was very simple and easy, and the little girls enjoyed themselves.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:39 AM   #1535
Fall1
DIS Veteran

We did a Three Caballeros night last night, so fun!! We played Donde Esta Donald? (where is Donald, thanks to idea here!) and we colored Mexican hat pictures!
The menu wasn't so on point, but we had American Chop Suey and each had 3 mini cupcakes.
Oct 2004 GF/BC Honeymoon, Oct 2005 BC, May 2006 BC, Oct 2009 BCV (twins 1st trip!), Oct 2010 BCV, Feb 2011 AKV, Oct 2011 BCV, Dec 2011 AKV, Mar 2012 SSR, Nov 2012 BCV, Apr 2013 BCV, Oct 2013 SSR, Apr 2014 1st Disney Cruise!! & BCV
Upcoming December 2014 BCV & 1st Universal trip!
me DH DS 7 DD 7
Fall1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:48 AM   #1536
tmfranlk
Love hanging at the World with my sweet girls.

Location: physically in St. Louis, mentally in WDW, but a Boston girl at heart...Go Sox!

Hi all! I apologize if this has been asked a lot, but with the search down and the fact that it's been awhile since I've been on here I'm hoping someone remembers...

A few months back (probably many, yikes) hadn't someone started a continuation of the first post indexing each movie. If so, does anyone know where it is? I'm finally making plans for our first movie night and we're doing Tangled. Of course, it's the one movie I haven't seen so I'm searching for ideas. Got the Family Fun link so that's helping! Just gotta figure out the food.

Thanks!!

.............Art of Animation, I hope! -- March 14-23, 2014
tmfranlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:50 AM   #1537
MissMickee
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." ~Walt Disney

Hi gang! Another birthday party down... time to share LOTS of pictures!

This time we did Tangled.

The invitation

The cake

The favors - hats for Princesses and Ruffians

Watercolors with personalized liners

The photo ops - Rapunzel's tower and Flynn's sign (with NOSES!)

To be continued...

Off property 1987, 1996, 1997, 2000 ~ Caribbean Beach Resort September 2003 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge January 2005 ~ All Star Movies July 2005 ~ Contemporary MK View June 2007 ~ Polynesian Club Level June 2008 ~ POR & Polynesian July 2009 ~ Private Villa May 2011 ~ Private Villa June/July 2012 ~ Art of Animation May 2013
MissMickee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:58 AM   #1538
MissMickee
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." ~Walt Disney

Welcome to the Snuggly Duckling!

We enjoyed braided sandwiches (pizza and ham and cheese), cheese & crackers, preztel ducklings, pb&j ducklings, grapes, strawberries, blueberries and root beer. I wanted to make hazelnut soup, but didn't figure it'd go over very well at a 4 year old's birthday party so I made "fake" soup instead. I put some butterscotch pudding in little cups and sprinked it with hazelnuts. Don't you just love our plates!!??

To be continued....

Off property 1987, 1996, 1997, 2000 ~ Caribbean Beach Resort September 2003 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge January 2005 ~ All Star Movies July 2005 ~ Contemporary MK View June 2007 ~ Polynesian Club Level June 2008 ~ POR & Polynesian July 2009 ~ Private Villa May 2011 ~ Private Villa June/July 2012 ~ Art of Animation May 2013
Old 04-17-2012, 10:06 AM   #1539
MissMickee

The dessert table... brace yourself for awesomeness.

I did the painting myself. *swoon* It's now hanging in DDs bedroom, along with the curtains and lanterns. I couldn't possibly throw it away!

I went with an art theme for the dessert table, since Rapunzel loves to paint. We enjoyed Jello boats, paint palette sugar cookies, Rice Krispie Treat paint brushes, paint brush pretzel rods, Magic Golden Flower punch, Maximus' apple cake pops, painted popcorn, marshmallow pop paint buckets and mini pies. I just love all the colors!

To be concluded....

Old 04-17-2012, 10:16 AM   #1540
MissMickee

Activities - The kids painted canvas' with an initial sticker on them. After they were painted, we removed the sticker.

We did a balloon pinata. The kids popped some of Maximus' apples and there were toys, candy and confetti inside.

And lastly, I made sun banners for over the painting tables.

We're going to Disney again in June, so I'm going to start up our movie nights again soon. I'm so excited! The kids don't know we're going. I'm hoping to do one of those BIG reveals the morning we leave.

Old 04-17-2012, 10:57 AM   #1541
tmfranlk

Location: physically in St. Louis, mentally in WDW, but a Boston girl at heart...Go Sox!

Thanks for sharing, Lisa!! Perfect timing for my question.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:03 AM   #1542
MissMickee

Too funny, Tia! I think we were posting at the same time. Glad I could help! On a side note: You NEED to see the movie! It's awesome!

Old 04-19-2012, 01:01 PM   #1543
tmfranlk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMickee View Post
Too funny, Tia! I think we were posting at the same time. Glad I could help! On a side note: You NEED to see the movie! It's awesome!
I agree! I love even just the bits and pieces I've seen and the short Happily Ever after is so cute. DD9 went through a long stage of refusing to watch most animated movies and particularly princess ones in fear that there would be scary parts. She's finally made it past that and really wants to see it now. She got it for Easter so I'm more than ready to finally watch it!

Old 04-19-2012, 01:17 PM   #1544
tmfranlk

Yay, search is back! Now I'm armed with my ideas and ready to go for Friday. I'll try to remember to take pictures. Of course, right after I decided to do Tangled we started on some Africa stuff for schoolwork so I guess I should really do Lion King or something, but oh well. We'll do that when we get to the Camp Minnie-Mickey themed section of our massive WDW unit study. DD9 has been dying to see Tangled so I really want to do it first.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:02 PM   #1545
Becc1
DIS Veteran

Another great Birthday party Lisa!

Can I really keep my mouth shut for the next 6 months?
Princesses don't hit, kick or spit! A May/June 2011 TR

Becc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: