Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 705 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:27 PM   #2011
Deffenm
DIS Veteran

I love seeing what everyone does. Now that we actually have a trip planned we can begin doing these again. Of course this trip will just be my daughter and myself, my boys have other commitments that they wanted to do instead, they are getting so big. They do however like to do the disney themed nights so they at least can still participate.
DD (10)

May 2005 - AsMov
Sept. 2006 - POP
Sept. 2007 - POR
Aug. 2008 - AKL
June. 2010 - CBR (Grand Gathering)
April 2012 - POP
Oct. 2014 - POP
Deffenm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:44 PM   #2012
Brojoef
Earning My Ears

Lilo and Stich

For Lilo and Stich we cheated a bit and got take out from our favorite hawiian place. We enjoyed Hula Chicken, Macaroni Salad, Sticky Rice, Hawaiian Roles and Fruit Skewers.

Printed images for centerpiece and cut out a leaf shape from poster board for a placemat

Fruit skewers inserted into the top of a pineapple

Aloha Cupcakes for dessert
Brojoef is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2013, 09:51 PM   #2013
Brojoef
Earning My Ears

The Incredibles

For The Incredibles movie night, we had Super Hero Sandwhiches, Dashes Fast Fries, Violet's disappearing Salad, Syndrom Stopper drink, and for dessert Frozone Ice Scream

Old 04-13-2013, 10:07 PM   #2014
Brojoef
Earning My Ears

A Bug's Life

A Bug's Life movie night was so much fun. I think partly because spring has just arrived and so there was lots of fun bug/spring items at the dollar store which is always are go to place for movie nights.

For dinner we ate some picnic/BBQ type foods. We also had lady bugs which were stawberries slice in half with mini chocolate chips inserted in the berry. Green grapes on skewers also make great caterpillars.

Dessert- Dirt Cups: Chocolate Pudding, Cookie Crumbles and Gummy Worms
Walking Sticks: Pretzel Rods dipped in Chocolate
Old 04-14-2013, 09:51 AM   #2015
Deffenm
DIS Veteran

Those are great ideas! I am glad spring is finally here too.
DD (10)

May 2005 - AsMov
Sept. 2006 - POP
Sept. 2007 - POR
Aug. 2008 - AKL
April 2012 - POP
Oct. 2014 - POP
Old 04-15-2013, 10:12 AM   #2016
MiniMelissa
Earning My Ears

@ Becc1 -- I love the penguin cupcakes! They are so cute!

@ Brojoef -- I adore the pineapple top with fruit skewers -- what a bright, fun, and delicious idea!

MiniMelissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:30 AM   #2017
MiniMelissa
Earning My Ears

Beauty and the Beast

My son returned from his choir trip to Disney World so we decided to move up our Disney Movie Night to coincide with his return (his request). My sister picked the movie Beauty and the Beast which I love!

I have been sending out invitations for each of our movie nights, but usually forget to take a picture -- not this time

My mom and I spent some time creating our enchanted guests the night before our Disney Day.

Lumiere (Thanks to spoonful.com)

Cogsworth (Thanks to kimskandykreations.blogspot.com)

Babette (Again thanks to kimskandykreations.blogspot.com)

Chip (my sister's cup from when she was little)

The Enchanted Rose

We also decided that we would try our hand at some French phrases during our meal. I'm sure we butchered the pronunciations -- my apologies to the French

For our meal we tried to stay true to some of the dishes mentioned in the Be Our Guest song. So we had:

Beef Ragout

Cheese Souffle

Gray Stuff (cookies and creme mousse)

Beauty and the Beast Bordeaux

Gaston's Eggs

We watched the movie after our meal and once that was over we were going to make some "stained glass windows" out of waxed paper, crayon shavings, and construction paper. However, Mother Nature decided that we needed to have yet another snow storm in MN (apparently she forgot it is the middle of April) so our craft time was eliminated.

Instead of our crafts we made Cogsworth Cupcakes for our after movie dessert (thanks again to spoonful.com).

It was a lot of fun and a great way to welcome my son home. He was telling us about all of the fun he had at Disney World and made us really look forward to our upcoming family vacation.

Old 04-15-2013, 11:35 AM   #2018
Alysa
DIS Veteran

These are amazing!!!!

dsnycrzy, I've wanted to post for a while now to tell you how great I thought your nights were. And your kids are all adorable but you little boy? I just want to gobble him up, he's so cute!

Marissa, Yours are amazing as always, love the blog - the Tigger tail is so cute! Do you have a recipe?

Becc, Those cupcakes are adorable. And welcome spring! I'm so glad it's warming up - the kids look like they had a blast. I love the pic of your daughter sipping tea.

Brojoef - your tables look so pretty, like they were professionally styled! My favourite is the Incredibles. We are doing that one this week. I'm sewing a red tank and a bib for my violet and jack-jack this week to get ready. Mine will be nothing like as fabulous looking though!

Melissa - your night is so awesome! I only do one food and one activity per movie night. Your was so great! Love the rose! Is that a craft? And I'm jealous of your soufflé - it rose so beautifully!
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:01 PM   #2019
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Swiss Family Robinson Movie night...sort of.

So, this past Saturday was our Swiss Family Robinson movie night. This can be chalked up as somewhat of a FAIL. Our library DOES have the movie, I have checked it out there before. I had every intention of calling ahead to have it set aside for us. Work was extremely busy last week, and the phone call was never made. So, Saturday morning we stopped at the library hoping against all hope that it was there...

It was not. How do you have a proper movie night without the movie??? Well, we just improvised, that's how. We ended up renting Life of Pi and watching it instead. Not a perfect scenario, but we wanted our movie night, and I had everything else ready to go. So there you have it.

Without further ado, our Swiss Family Robinson themed Life of Pi movie night...

Invitations in disguise:

The invitation:

Decorations:

The evening started with Coconut Races on the front porch:

Then it was time for dinner...

Swiss Family Casserole:

Tropical Island Fruit Salad:

Castaway Coconut Pie:

The spread:

And our next movie night theme:
oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:34 PM   #2020
MiniMelissa
Earning My Ears

Alysa -- the Enchanted Rose is a 2 liter bottle with the bottom cut off and a silk rose suspended by fishing line which is tied around the top of the bottle (under the cap). My husband claimed this as his project since it involved fishing line....LOL! I just go with whatever gets him most involved in our movie days and if playing with fishing line and flowers makes him happy, I'm all for it

Old 04-15-2013, 02:56 PM   #2021
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMelissa View Post
Alysa -- the Enchanted Rose is a 2 liter bottle with the bottom cut off and a silk rose suspended by fishing line which is tied around the top of the bottle (under the cap). My husband claimed this as his project since it involved fishing line....LOL! I just go with whatever gets him most involved in our movie days and if playing with fishing line and flowers makes him happy, I'm all for it
That is brilliant! Did you come up with that on your own? So clever, I love it!
My husband is a fly fisherman as well. 10 more weeks until the season opens! Actually, it's funny you mention it, I just got him this print for our guest bedroom.
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:23 PM   #2022
3BellesAndABeast
Earning My Ears

Catching up again! These would be shorter if I would post every time I have a movie night.

Alice in Wonderland
Tea Sandwiches
Cheshire Smiles (melon)
Sugar Cookies
Berry Tarts
Mushrooms (marshmallows, chocolate, vanilla wafer)
Unbirthday cake

For this one we didn't have a lot of time, and frankly this is not one of my favorite movies, so we didn't have any activities. But the girls colored pictures that I printed from disneyfamily.com

Peter Pan
Pirate Ship Pizza
Pirate's gold (corn)
Cannonballs (Whoppers)
Fruit Swords
Mermaid Lagoon (applesauce)
Pirate Punch

We did this one right before Easter. I decorated the table and the girls colored and cut out swords. We sprinkled 'pixy dust' (glitter) on everyone (outside). The girls blew 'fairy bubbles' outside as well. 'Tinkerbell' snuck in while we were outside and hid fairy themed eggs with candy and left a little poem that gave the girls instructions on finding eggs and their 'final surprise' which was a Disney World 2013 t-shirt.

Jungle Book
Mowgli's Mango Chicken
Bagherra's Brown Rice
Monkey Bread
Baloo's Fruit Kabobs
King Louie Banana Pudding

Coloring sheets were the best I could do for a craft and a little dance party like Baloo and Mowgli do for activities. We are swamped in this house right now! But we decorated with green tablecloths, even hanging them from the ceiling like a canopy and attaching strips of zebra crepe paper for a 'jungle feel'.

Tangled
Angel hair pasta
Breadstick braids
Paschal's Salad
Max’s Apples
Sunboats (oranges with paper sails)
Root beer

The girls dressed in their Tangled pajamas and we had plenty of Rapunzel dolls and accessories to decorate with. Purple tablecloth with a yellow runner and sunburst banner across the dining room doors. I printed the Tangled activity kit from disneyfamily.com. After the movie we braided everyone's hair, including the dolls!

Last, but not least, tonight's movie theme was: Little Mermaid!

Ariel's Sea Shells
Sebastian’s Crab Sandwiches
Scuttle's Salad
Clam Shells
Sand Dollar Cookies
Ocean Water

Oceaned themed decorations and colors and the guest of honor, Ariel presided over the dinner table. A round of Go Fish, a crab walk race, some color sheets, and Ariel's crown (printable) rounded out the evening before we all snuggled down to watch the movie!

08/1992 Offsite
03/1994 Offsite
03/2005 Coronado Springs
06/2013 PO Riverside
3BellesAndABeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:43 AM   #2023
dsnycrzy
W/4 kids who has time for anything else but planning our next WDW trip!

Well Im caught up on photobucket since it takes forever to resize each photo
Anyway We did Brave on the 6th.

The Wisp were hung from the diningroom table to the livingroom in front of the tv.

Next the little ones decorated their coats of armor

My activity was cute. I made a family tapersty from some fabric that can be put in the printer, some scraps of black fabric I had around the house, some gold ribbon & my hot glue gun.

Up next it Toy Story Weekend!!!!
97-99-HOJO MGE ***00-POR/CRUISE***01-05-HOJO MGE ***06-NICK &HOJO MGE***07-POP/NICK/HOJO MGE *** 08-SUITES @OLD TOWN***09-POP/CBR ***10- NO TRIP &11-No Trip- BABY ON THE WAY 12- CBR/PORFQ/POP/SUITES @OLD TOWN***13-RPR/CBR &VACATION HOME***14-CBB/ASMu/AoA

dsnycrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:59 AM   #2024
Deffenm
DIS Veteran

Can I come to your house for movie nights? I love the wisps! I wish I was that creative. Great Job! I can't wait to see what you do for Toy Story.
DD (10)

May 2005 - AsMov
Sept. 2006 - POP
Sept. 2007 - POR
Aug. 2008 - AKL
April 2012 - POP
Oct. 2014 - POP
Old 04-17-2013, 08:51 AM   #2025
dsnycrzy
W/4 kids who has time for anything else but planning our next WDW trip!

OK so Tuesday evening I saw that Disney Jr. was doing a Toy Story weekend starting Friday at 8pm, then Saturday TS2 at 8pm and TS3 on Sunday at 8pm.
I originally had broken these 3 movies up instead of putting them all on 1 slip of paper and doing one party. Oh well it was an all weekend affair.
(Sorry this is so big, I re sized it in photobucket and it is still posting large I dont care for photobucket)

Here we go: Toy Story Friday Night

Saw this cute idea online during research.

Since it was a school night & not too much to do after a long week, we settled on Disney Pixar Uno

Now the fun really begins, up next Toy Story 2
97-99-HOJO MGE ***00-POR/CRUISE***01-05-HOJO MGE ***06-NICK &HOJO MGE***07-POP/NICK/HOJO MGE *** 08-SUITES @OLD TOWN***09-POP/CBR ***10- NO TRIP &11-No Trip- BABY ON THE WAY 12- CBR/PORFQ/POP/SUITES @OLD TOWN***13-RPR/CBR &VACATION HOME***14-CBB/ASMu/AoA

dsnycrzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: