Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2014, 02:07 AM   #1
disneydude365
Going to Disney World Dec 17th

need some reassurance to help get the magic back!

ok so heres the deal it just feels like i keep hitting metaphoric pot holes trying to plan this trip

to start with the magic bands have not shipped and were are 24 days out

second my friend is going but now it turns out he's going to fly down and try to be there the day we get there late that night or early the next day and try to make the start of the conference activities.

it just kinda made my heart sink when i got the text he wouldn't be riding down with us but since then I've calmed down some and saw it as an ok thing, i could go ahead and run to DTD and get some ears and have names embroidered on them as a sorta surprise. i know the whole time he's supposed to be traveling ill be nervous and praying nothing bad happens.

this is just the latest of little things though defiantly one of the bigger things that keep hurling my way and I'm just ready to be there with my friend and family and enjoying the conference about my illness and how well I'm doing living 11 years past when i was told i would, being out of the wheelchair

but all of these hits are starting to hurt, and I'm just nervous of whats around the corner and need some reassurance i want my disney magic back!
Old 11-22-2014, 09:18 AM   #2
NOLA_Tink
NOLA_Tink

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Need your magic back? Just remind yourself that you're going to Disney! Sometimes, I get in the same "funk" before leaving because everything doesn't seem perfect, but I'm always excited and deliriously happy once we arrive. Get through these few hiccups, and you'll be well on your way!
WDW 1983 • Disneyland 1987 • WDW 1990 • Contemporary Resort 1997 • Dixie Landings (POR) 2000 • Magic Kingdom 2003 • Pop Century 2004 • Easter in WDW 2005 • AS Sports Feb 2006 • ASMusic Family Suite Nov 2006 • AS Sports 2007 • Animal Kingdom Lodge June 2008 • F & W Festival Oct 2008 • Discovery Cove/ ASMoviesDec 2008 • POP March 2009 • Very Merry Un-Unbirthday in Disney July 2009 • Pop Century Dec 2009• Caribbean Beach Resort May 2010 • Polynesian Nov 2010 • Disneyland March 2011 • POP Oct 2011 • The Dolphin May 2012 • Disneyland June 2012 • CBR Oct 2012 • Art of Animation June 2013 • Ft. Wilderness Cabins March 2015
NOLA_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-22-2014, 11:26 AM   #3
disneydude365

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA_Tink View Post
Need your magic back? Just remind yourself that you're going to Disney! Sometimes, I get in the same "funk" before leaving because everything doesn't seem perfect, but I'm always excited and deliriously happy once we arrive. Get through these few hiccups, and you'll be well on your way!
Thank you!! It honestly just helps to hear some encouragement
Old 11-22-2014, 12:08 PM   #4
NOLA_Tink
NOLA_Tink

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Any time! I almost cancelled a trip a few years ago because I had too much going on at work and I just wasn't feeling as pumped up as I thought I should be feeling. Even on the airplane (on the way to MCO), I was thinking maybe I should have just postponed until a better time because I wasn't in the Disney mood. Then, while we were checking in at the hotel, my entire mood changed. Moments later, getting on the bus to Epcot felt like a huge relief. We had a magical time that night and it ended up being one of the best trips I've ever had!
WDW 1983 • Disneyland 1987 • WDW 1990 • Contemporary Resort 1997 • Dixie Landings (POR) 2000 • Magic Kingdom 2003 • Pop Century 2004 • Easter in WDW 2005 • AS Sports Feb 2006 • ASMusic Family Suite Nov 2006 • AS Sports 2007 • Animal Kingdom Lodge June 2008 • F & W Festival Oct 2008 • Discovery Cove/ ASMoviesDec 2008 • POP March 2009 • Very Merry Un-Unbirthday in Disney July 2009 • Pop Century Dec 2009• Caribbean Beach Resort May 2010 • Polynesian Nov 2010 • Disneyland March 2011 • POP Oct 2011 • The Dolphin May 2012 • Disneyland June 2012 • CBR Oct 2012 • Art of Animation June 2013 • Ft. Wilderness Cabins March 2015
NOLA_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 01:47 PM   #5
disneydude365

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA_Tink View Post
Any time! I almost cancelled a trip a few years ago because I had too much going on at work and I just wasn't feeling as pumped up as I thought I should be feeling. Even on the airplane (on the way to MCO), I was thinking maybe I should have just postponed until a better time because I wasn't in the Disney mood. Then, while we were checking in at the hotel, my entire mood changed. Moments later, getting on the bus to Epcot felt like a huge relief. We had a magical time that night and it ended up being one of the best trips I've ever had!
i tend to expect the worse in crisis. like right now I'm just hoping my friend makes it in time and don't miss anything, like the 18th I've booked pirate and palls cruise.. really hope he decides to come in late the 17th or early the 18th.. id feel awful if he missed that, and the drive down with just mom and step father will be long lol

it has potential to be best trip I've had but also seems like right now its on a foundation of glass
Old 11-22-2014, 02:35 PM   #6
MaryLovesPoohBear
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydude365 View Post
ok so heres the deal it just feels like i keep hitting metaphoric pot holes trying to plan this trip

to start with the magic bands have not shipped and were are 24 days out
Ours just mailed, and we are 22 days out. Give it a couple of days.
Quote:
second my friend is going but now it turns out he's going to fly down and try to be there the day we get there late that night or early the next day and try to make the start of the conference activities.

it just kinda made my heart sink when i got the text he wouldn't be riding down with us but since then I've calmed down some and saw it as an ok thing, i could go ahead and run to DTD and get some ears and have names embroidered on them as a sorta surprise. i know the whole time he's supposed to be traveling ill be nervous and praying nothing bad happens.
I bet he is a fully capable adult. Its okay to be concerned that someone is traveling alone. Its even okay to want a phone call to let you know someone is home or where ever they should be. But don't worry. Instead say a prayer when he starts out, then trust that God will take care of the rest.
Quote:
this is just the latest of little things though defiantly one of the bigger things that keep hurling my way and I'm just ready to be there with my friend and family and enjoying the conference about my illness and how well I'm doing living 11 years past when i was told i would, being out of the wheelchair

but all of these hits are starting to hurt, and I'm just nervous of whats around the corner and need some reassurance i want my Disney magic back!
Trust in yourself. You are doing great. And you know it.

And heck, you are going to Disney! ! ! ! ! !
Old 11-23-2014, 02:14 AM   #7
disneydude365

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLovesPoohBear View Post
Ours just mailed, and we are 22 days out. Give it a couple of days. I bet he is a fully capable adult. Its okay to be concerned that someone is traveling alone. Its even okay to want a phone call to let you know someone is home or where ever they should be. But don't worry. Instead say a prayer when he starts out, then trust that God will take care of the rest.
Trust in yourself. You are doing great. And you know it.

And heck, you are going to Disney! ! ! ! ! !
well he's 18 lol, and i think of him like a brother so yeah defiantly worried about him traveling solo.

our 22 day mark should be monday!

thank you!! i am so happy to be going I'm just honestly ready to be there and have everyone there and just let the magic begin so my nerves can calm down
Old 11-23-2014, 02:52 AM   #8
cattywampus
Mouseketeer

The last week or so before our trip: I realized our luggage tags and $1,000 in gift cards never arrived because the post office decided to return all my mail to sender for no reason, my car transmission started acting weird, and I broke a tooth needing an emergency crown.

You know what? I trudged through, headed off, and just got home from a magical trip. You will have fun. Take the pressure off to have the perfect trip and let the magic happen.
cattywampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 03:29 AM   #9
disneydude365

Quote:
Originally Posted by cattywampus View Post
The last week or so before our trip: I realized our luggage tags and $1,000 in gift cards never arrived because the post office decided to return all my mail to sender for no reason, my car transmission started acting weird, and I broke a tooth needing an emergency crown.

You know what? I trudged through, headed off, and just got home from a magical trip. You will have fun. Take the pressure off to have the perfect trip and let the magic happen.
i agree just trudging through it is the only option, i think its just the last stretch from now till dec 17th that I've got to get through. and honestly once the trip has started it should be fine i hope.

on my wish list is honestly
everyone gets there in time
and I'm able to get monogramed ears
and for the most part things go smoothly

not that big a list but i just can shake this gut feeling that somethings gonna go wrong
Old 11-23-2014, 10:22 AM   #10
MaryLovesPoohBear
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydude365 View Post
well he's 18 lol, and i think of him like a brother so yeah defiantly worried about him traveling solo.

our 22 day mark should be monday!

thank you!! i am so happy to be going I'm just honestly ready to be there and have everyone there and just let the magic begin so my nerves can calm down

Oh, he thinks he is a very capable adult.

But you mentioned prayer. If you pray, you believe that it does something, right? You wouldn't waste your time. So, believe in it. Know that it is doing some good. And put him in God's hands. (I know it is hard. Our son is 19, and I would be playing tug of war with God the whole trip. He's yours, no he's mine. You worry and take care of him. No, its my turn to worry.) Its kind of like the Texas Two Step.

But, really, you've got this. Magic Banks should be on their way soon. And it won't be long until you are at Disney.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: