Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2009, 12:57 AM   #106
wideeyedwonder
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan C View Post
Doing the Happy Dance... just logged in and got Palo Brunch and a Palo Dinner.

We too got the Palo dinner (Day 2) and Palo brunch (Day 3) that we wanted, along with spa appointments that dove-tailed nicely with our other events.

We have nothing booked for Key West (anyone have any suggestions?). We do however have bookings for the Shipwreck & Reef Snorkeling (GC), 4 elements (Coz), and the Personal Watercraft Eco Tour (CC). On our last cruise, the PWET got rained out, so I *had* to try to book it again...it looked like so much fun!

A hint for those booking Palo...if you want to be involved with the special dinners, book Palo DINNER for nights OTHER THAN:

Day 3 - At Sea - M, July 27 - [Golden Mickey's / Formal Night]
Day 5 - Cozumel - W, July 29 - [Pirate Night 9:45 + buffet 10:30pm]
Day 6 - At Sea - Th, July 30 - [Captain's Gala/Semi-Formal Night +Midnight desert Buffet]

(If anyone notices errors in this schedule, please let me know!)

OTOH, I wouldn't miss a dinner at Palo just because there were only reservations available for these nights. Actually, if you can book a Palo dinner for Pirate Night, you can eat at Palo and then later stuff yourself until you explode at the pirate buffet!

4n Bahamas July 2008, 7n Western Carib July 2009,
15n Panama Canal Jan 2011, 7n Mexican Riviera Sept 2011
wideeyedwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:10 AM   #107
MN Dis Fans
He's a tramp, but I still love him!
I kissed Robert Goulet
I am a Pack leader

Just did our bookings

We booked Day 3 Brunch. wideeyedwonder, perhaps we'll see you there?

We also booked Day 6 High Tea & Palo Dinner. We're not that concerned that it's semi-formal night / Captain's Gala.

We're going to do Key West on our own. Current plans are to the the Harry Truman Little White House, and the Mel Fisher Maritime Museum.

In the Cayman's we're thinking about a private tour, but have not booked anything yet.

In Cozumel, I've booked the Dolphin Push, Pull, and Swim. I could not book this for our friends traveling with us (even though our reservations are linked). (They are 1st time cruisers.) Hopefully, this will be available in 15x days when they can book.

Nikki, I wouldn't worry to much about the brunch reservations. If you do not manage to get at the 75x day mark, I would check in at Rockin D right when you get on the boat on the 25th. I would guess that DCL would work some "Magic" to insure you honeymooners are looked after.
July 2015 - 15th DCL Cruise (12-nt Northern European). March 2014 - 14th DCL Cruise (7-nt Western, 1st time on the Fantasy). March 2013 - 13th DCL Cruise (5-nt on Wonder from Miami). June 2012 - Alaska & 12th DCL Cruise. August - 2011 Vancouver / Alaska & 11th DCL Cruise. WDW & 10th DCL Cruise (5-nt on Wonder) July 2010. July 2009 - 9th DCL Cruise (7-nt Western). June 2009 - 8th DCL Cruise (7-nt Eastern). Nov 2008 - 7th DCL Cruise (4-nt Wonder, no Kids!) Aug 2008 - 6th DCL Cruise. Mexican Riviera on the "Magic!" Woo Hoo!, Mar 2008 - 5th DCL Cruise. 7-night Western July 2007 - WDW, Mar 2007 - 4th DCL Cruise. 1st on the "Magic", Oct 2006 - WDW, MNSSHP & EPCOT F&W Festival + 3rd DCL Cruise on Wonder, Dec 2005 - 2nd DCL Cruise on Wonder + 1st MVMCP (Minus DS's X 2), Oct 2005 - WDW, MNSSHP & Epcot F&W Festival, Oct 2004 - WDW, MNSSHP & Epcot F&W Festival + 1st DCL Cruise on Wonder, Oct 2003 - WDW, MNSSHP & Epcot F&W Festival, Oct 2002 - WDW, MNSSHP & Epcot F&W Festival, Oct 2001 - WDW, MNSSHP & Epcot F&W Festival, Oct 2000 - WDW, MNSSHP & Epcot F&W Festival, May 1994 - WDW (Before Children), August 1992 - WDW (Honeymoon)
MN Dis Fans is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2009, 09:27 AM   #108
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN Dis Fans View Post

Nikki, I wouldn't worry to much about the brunch reservations. If you do not manage to get at the 75x day mark, I would check in at Rockin D right when you get on the boat on the 25th. I would guess that DCL would work some "Magic" to insure you honeymooners are looked after.
Thanks for the encouragement!!

Just a question for you seasoned cruisers...does everyone do formal and semi-formal night?? We're thinking that we really don't want to get totally dressed up and would rather eat somewhere more relaxed on those nights. Is that normal??
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:30 AM   #109
Susan C
Susan C

formal Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Thanks for the encouragement!!

Just a question for you seasoned cruisers...does everyone do formal and semi-formal night?? We're thinking that we really don't want to get totally dressed up and would rather eat somewhere more relaxed on those nights. Is that normal??
Don't miss Formal night ( for lots of people it is not so formal) put on the best of the clothes your bringing and have your photo taken.

Susan

Me DH DS: 14

Disney Cruise Lover
Several Trips to WDW
Love my DVC
Susan C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:34 AM   #110
Susan C
Susan C

Thanks for the tip

A hint for those booking Palo...if you want to be involved with the special dinners, book Palo DINNER for nights OTHER THAN:

Day 3 - At Sea - M, July 27 - [Golden Mickey's / Formal Night]
Day 5 - Cozumel - W, July 29 - [Pirate Night 9:45 + buffet 10:30pm]
Day 6 - At Sea - Th, July 30 - [Captain's Gala/Semi-Formal Night +Midnight desert Buffet]

Thnaks.... Just switched our Palo to another night...wouldn't want to miss Pirate night with DS

Susan

Me DH DS: 14

Disney Cruise Lover
Several Trips to WDW
Love my DVC
Susan C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:37 AM   #111
wideeyedwonder
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN Dis Fans View Post
We booked Day 3 Brunch. wideeyedwonder, perhaps we'll see you there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
does everyone do formal and semi-formal night??
There have been many many MANY threads about formal and semi-formal night. Many people look aghast at people that don't dress up, while quite a few others come in jeans and t-shirts. My read is that a majority people either dress fully or dress "nice" (not shorts or jeans), but don't really care what *you* wear.

Our first Disney cruise was a 4-night last year, and we didn't know about formal night until we went to dinner. If I remember right, I went in a Polo shirt and Khaki pants, and the girls wore dresses (my girls are tomboys that always like to wear dresses...it's crazy to watch them climb trees!)...nothing fancy at all, more like sun dresses.

So, as long as you don't feel self-conscious in what you wear, just go for it. However, if you don't feel up to it, don't sweat it too much, it's not a "can't be missed" dinner or anything. You'll have fun no matter what!

Quote:
Don't miss Formal night ( for lots of people it is not so formal) put on the best of the clothes your bringing and have your photo taken. Susan
Actually, Susan is right, the photos they take during formal night are rather cool!

Quote:
Thnaks.... Just switched our Palo to another night...wouldn't want to miss Pirate night with DS Susan
No problem...as I said in another thread, I tend to over-optimize things!

Last edited by wideeyedwonder; 04-26-2009 at 06:27 PM.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:10 PM   #112
Dmom&dad
Earning My Ears

is the formal night in all three dinning rooms? When do you find out what nights you are in which dinning rooms? I want to go to each at least once however, we are bringing my mom and she does not dress up and will feel uncomfortable if everyone else is?....what to do what to do.... Thanks susan for letting me know about the boys cruise casual..and the other comments laughed my head off thinking about the milk and cookies sounds fun I would have never thought of that!!
Dmom&dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 02:19 PM   #113
NikkiLovesWDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmom&dad View Post
is the formal night in all three dinning rooms? When do you find out what nights you are in which dinning rooms? I want to go to each at least once however, we are bringing my mom and she does not dress up and will feel uncomfortable if everyone else is?....what to do what to do.... Thanks susan for letting me know about the boys cruise casual..and the other comments laughed my head off thinking about the milk and cookies sounds fun I would have never thought of that!!
Oh I think I know this! Yes, all three dining rooms have formal night. You will go to each at least twice, on a rotation between the three rooms. I think you don't find out until you get on the ship. There is another restaurant that is not on the rotation that you can go to instead, if you want to skip formal night...this is what we are thinking about doing.

(I hope that's right!)
Old 04-26-2009, 02:26 PM   #114
Dmom&dad
Earning My Ears

do you know what your dinning time is? we have the late one 8:30 i think
Old 04-26-2009, 03:02 PM   #115
NikkiLovesWDW!

We have the late one too but I'm not sure which time exactly yet. Is there a way we can know that?
Old 04-26-2009, 03:06 PM   #116
Dmom&dad
Earning My Ears

we went through a travel agent because dcl could not book our flight so she let me know it was the late one the early one was booked up however we did book in january I dont remember if it tells on the dcl site or not the one official one
Old 04-27-2009, 06:47 PM   #117
wideeyedwonder
DIS Veteran

Sometimes choice is BAD!

As I didn't purchase trip insuranse through Disney, I've been trying to get trip insurance on my own (through *****************). I've got brain fry from trying to eliminate so many choices.

It does look like I've narrowed it down, now I just need to consider if I want to add the "cancel for any reason by 2 days out and get 75% of your nonrefundable fees" coverage for $96. Decisions, decisions...

Old 04-28-2009, 08:14 AM   #118
DLRPfan.be
Mouseketeer

Booked

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know we booked yesterday our excursions, spa and Palo reservations, and also some restaurants for the pre-cruise stay.
We Stay at AK Lodge, and booked for Boma on the 22end (evening). We also booked for the 21th. Akershus Royal Banquet in Epcot (Norway) in the late afternoon. Anybody has been in those restaurants before?
Shore excursions: Cozumel: Mexican Cuisine Workshop & Tasting (we're foodies, and after all: we will be in Mexico), Grand Cayman: Atlantis Submarine Expedition. Key West we will do on our own: it will be the 4th. time we are there.
Palo: first day at sea for dinner (brunch was no longer available, but maybe we still can switch once on board...) And at Castaway Key a Cabana Massage for two....

Disneyland Resort Paris: we lost the count...
WDW Florida: 1 x in 1993, 1 x in 2003, 1 x in 2009...
Disneyland California: 1 x in 2005

1st. Mediterranean Cruise with the "Disney Magic": 18-28 July 2007.

Western Caribbean Cruise: 25 july - 1 august 2009.
8 night Repositioning Cruise Dover to Barcelona: 30 July 2010.
2nd. Mediterranean Cruise 20 - 30 july with the "Disney Magic" 2011.
Alaska Cruise 2 - 9 sept. with Disney Wonder 2013.
Vancouver to Los Angeles repocruise with Disney Wonder 2013.

DLRPfan.be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:07 AM   #119
Dmom&dad
Earning My Ears

where do you find the cabana massage? Is that on the water, I saw somewhere and of course now I can't find it but there was a cabana on the water for a massage!? Will we still go to coz. with this crazy flu stuff going on???
Old 04-28-2009, 10:12 AM   #120
Dmom&dad
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wideeyedwonder View Post
As I didn't purchase trip insuranse through Disney, I've been trying to get trip insurance on my own (through *****************). I've got brain fry from trying to eliminate so many choices.

It does look like I've narrowed it down, now I just need to consider if I want to add the "cancel for any reason by 2 days out and get 75% of your nonrefundable fees" coverage for $96. Decisions, decisions...
If you have kids, you never know when something will happen I would absolutly pay $96 just think of how much the cruise costs.....just my two cents...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: