Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2009, 10:33 PM   #91
MN Dis Fans
He's a tramp, but I still love him!
I kissed Robert Goulet
I am a Pack leader

90 days almost here?!

Has everyone figured out what excursions / spa / PALO reservations they are going to be making yet?
Doing some research and thinking today on this. I think we're going to do Key West on our own, a Private Tour of the Cayman's, and are looking at Chankanaab Park in Cozumel. + a Palo Brunch / Dinner / High Tea. Oh yeah, I forgot about the DW's spa reservations.
July 2015 - 15th DCL Cruise (12-nt Northern European). March 2014 - 14th DCL Cruise (7-nt Western, 1st time on the Fantasy). March 2013 - 13th DCL Cruise (5-nt on Wonder from Miami). June 2012 - Alaska & 12th DCL Cruise. August - 2011 Vancouver / Alaska & 11th DCL Cruise. WDW & 10th DCL Cruise (5-nt on Wonder) July 2010. July 2009 - 9th DCL Cruise (7-nt Western). June 2009 - 8th DCL Cruise (7-nt Eastern). Nov 2008 - 7th DCL Cruise (4-nt Wonder, no Kids!) Aug 2008 - 6th DCL Cruise. Mexican Riviera on the "Magic!" Woo Hoo!, Mar 2008 - 5th DCL Cruise. 7-night Western July 2007 - WDW, Mar 2007 - 4th DCL Cruise. 1st on the "Magic", Oct 2006 - WDW, MNSSHP & EPCOT F&W Festival + 3rd DCL Cruise on Wonder, Dec 2005 - 2nd DCL Cruise on Wonder + 1st MVMCP (Minus DS's X 2), Oct 2005 - WDW, MNSSHP & Epcot F&W Festival, Oct 2004 - WDW, MNSSHP & Epcot F&W Festival + 1st DCL Cruise on Wonder, Oct 2003 - WDW, MNSSHP & Epcot F&W Festival, Oct 2002 - WDW, MNSSHP & Epcot F&W Festival, Oct 2001 - WDW, MNSSHP & Epcot F&W Festival, Oct 2000 - WDW, MNSSHP & Epcot F&W Festival, May 1994 - WDW (Before Children), August 1992 - WDW (Honeymoon)
MN Dis Fans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 06:39 AM   #92
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

I'll be in WDW the week before and this morning is my 90 days for ADRs. I'm checking in on the 19th. Unfortunately, I have to wait until 75 days for my cruise bookings...I'm not really set on any excursions yet but I'd really like ot get Palo brunch.
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2009, 08:09 PM   #93
disnutz
Mouseketeer

Hi all! Just peeking in your thread to say hello. We are thinking of joining you on your cruise. Haven;t booked yet, but some good deals out there. Me, DH, DD 15, and DS 9. Anyone have any kids these ages?
disnutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:57 AM   #94
Dmom&dad
Earning My Ears

I'm new at this, so give me a little break on some probably dumb questions please!! We booked in Jan. but I just found this site. We are sailing july 25th as well. my self, my husband and 4 kids and bringing grannie to play also! two girls 9 and 13 and two boys 10 and 14 :grouphug I am guessing the D stands for disney?. None of us have ever been on a cruise before so we are very excited . I'm wondering what cruise casual is for kids boys mainly? and about flip flops in the dinning rooms? I have ff for sundresses and can't really think of something other than them to go with the dresses? are they not allowed at all in the dinning rooms? I saw some comments about a fish game outside the doors? what is this? Anyone from Texas going? Is it possible to just get off the ship when we dock and play in the ocean with out an excersion?? I've gone from Cali. to the top of Texas and sooooooo miss the ocean!! Any other input on things I should know would be greatly app.
Dmom&dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:49 PM   #95
NikkiLovesWDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnutz View Post
Hi all! Just peeking in your thread to say hello. We are thinking of joining you on your cruise. Haven;t booked yet, but some good deals out there. Me, DH, DD 15, and DS 9. Anyone have any kids these ages?
Welcome! Keep us posted if you book or not! Are there good deals? I booked LAST March and I'm still trying to pay it off...I feel like I did NOT get a good deal!! I don't have kids to take for free though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmom&dad View Post
I'm new at this, so give me a little break on some probably dumb questions please!! We booked in Jan. but I just found this site. We are sailing july 25th as well. my self, my husband and 4 kids and bringing grannie to play also! two girls 9 and 13 and two boys 10 and 14 :grouphug I am guessing the D stands for disney?. None of us have ever been on a cruise before so we are very excited . I'm wondering what cruise casual is for kids boys mainly? and about flip flops in the dinning rooms? I have ff for sundresses and can't really think of something other than them to go with the dresses? are they not allowed at all in the dinning rooms? I saw some comments about a fish game outside the doors? what is this? Anyone from Texas going? Is it possible to just get off the ship when we dock and play in the ocean with out an excersion?? I've gone from Cali. to the top of Texas and sooooooo miss the ocean!! Any other input on things I should know would be greatly app.
Welcome!! I can not answer many of your questions since I have never done a cruise before, let a long a Disney cruise BUT I can tell you that I absolutely plan to wear flip flops in the dining room. In the summer, I wear nothing but flip flops and I'm not changing that for the cruise! As long as they are not junky, FFs can look nice with the right outfit.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:53 PM   #96
Dmom&dad
Earning My Ears

thanks, my ff's match the dresses, I don't wear anything but ff's in the warm months either. I noticed the first part of your response, I wish my kids had been free we paid a small fortune for them to come, lol maybe we booked to soon for that special? Congrats. on your honeymoon, my husband and I are making this ours we are coming up on three years and still have not been able to take one alone. we are hoping the kids will want to go play and we will have some alone time. (second marriages) our kids starte school to close to our wedding date.
Dmom&dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:29 PM   #97
MN Dis Fans
He's a tramp, but I still love him!
I kissed Robert Goulet
I am a Pack leader

Managed to get airline seat assignments

Woohoo!
Just selected our seats for the flight to Orlando. Managed to do it 2 hours early. What gives? Never seen that before.
Anyway, I'll be out to getting some ADR's for WDW in the morning, as we have a couple of nights pre-cruise at WDW. We're staying at AK Lodge. Thanks DVC! I used DVC for the cruise, I had to move from X-Mas / New Year's. Less pts. to cruise end of July, so managed to get 2x nights pre-cruise with the savings from our switch.
July 2015 - 15th DCL Cruise (12-nt Northern European). March 2014 - 14th DCL Cruise (7-nt Western, 1st time on the Fantasy). March 2013 - 13th DCL Cruise (5-nt on Wonder from Miami). June 2012 - Alaska & 12th DCL Cruise. August - 2011 Vancouver / Alaska & 11th DCL Cruise. WDW & 10th DCL Cruise (5-nt on Wonder) July 2010. July 2009 - 9th DCL Cruise (7-nt Western). June 2009 - 8th DCL Cruise (7-nt Eastern). Nov 2008 - 7th DCL Cruise (4-nt Wonder, no Kids!) Aug 2008 - 6th DCL Cruise. Mexican Riviera on the "Magic!" Woo Hoo!, Mar 2008 - 5th DCL Cruise. 7-night Western July 2007 - WDW, Mar 2007 - 4th DCL Cruise. 1st on the "Magic", Oct 2006 - WDW, MNSSHP & EPCOT F&W Festival + 3rd DCL Cruise on Wonder, Dec 2005 - 2nd DCL Cruise on Wonder + 1st MVMCP (Minus DS's X 2), Oct 2005 - WDW, MNSSHP & Epcot F&W Festival, Oct 2004 - WDW, MNSSHP & Epcot F&W Festival + 1st DCL Cruise on Wonder, Oct 2003 - WDW, MNSSHP & Epcot F&W Festival, Oct 2002 - WDW, MNSSHP & Epcot F&W Festival, Oct 2001 - WDW, MNSSHP & Epcot F&W Festival, Oct 2000 - WDW, MNSSHP & Epcot F&W Festival, May 1994 - WDW (Before Children), August 1992 - WDW (Honeymoon)
MN Dis Fans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:25 PM   #98
Susan C
Susan C

Hello To Newcomers

Hi,

It's just about that time to book PALO... I'm so excitied! This will be our third Disney Cruise. For those of you sailing for the first time you are going to love it. It is my favorite VACATION. We have a 9 yr DS who would spend all day in the kid clubs if I didn't make him go watch the shows with me. Ask any questions you may have, someone will probably have the answer..

Top Ten List – Disney Cruise

1.Get to the terminal early, the people at the airport tried to delay us, but we went early anyway.. It was very exciting, to walk around terminal and we even ran into Goofy and Pluto. We were on board by 12:00…

2. Buy an autograph book for your children at terminal son became a star struck autograph hound. He waited in line, mingled with other kids and loved the interaction with the characters.

3. Visit the Vista Spa. I had a great massage, and my DH and I signed up for the Rainforest Spa, which is an incredible steam room, sauna, and hot rock lounge chairs. Buy a week long pass ,Usually we had the place to ourselves.

4. Have dinner at Palo, order the Chocolate Souffle.

5. Have Coffee at the Quiet Cove …yum..

6. Buy a photo package at Shutters, it makes it lots of fun to pose and collect photos.

7. Order Cookies and Milk at bedtime, from room service at no extra charge.

8. Don’t miss the shows… My son and I loved them.. DH had time to himself

9. Use the Kids Club- my son loved it… he spent several hours a day doing all sorts of one –of a kind activities… The Graduation Ceremony was adorable

10. Enjoy the perfect vacation for family time, couple time. And Me time..

Me DH DS: 14

Disney Cruise Lover
Several Trips to WDW
Love my DVC
Susan C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:30 PM   #99
Susan C
Susan C

boys cruise wear

:. I'm wondering what cruise casual is for kids boys mainly? :

I pack kakhi pants and shorts, collar shirt for dinning room.. not a deal, kids can really wear anything. Don't forget Pirate Night, the kids (and some adults) like to dress up.

Disney Cruise Lover
Several Trips to WDW
Love my DVC
Old 04-25-2009, 09:13 PM   #100
wideeyedwonder
DIS Veteran

Hi!

Hi, all, I thought is was time that we joined our fellow cruisers!

We are flying in from California the day before the cruise, staying at the airport Hyatt the night before, and then staying at the Hyatt (in a "day room") after the cruise until we can catch our late afternoon flight. (On our last cruise, we didn't get a day room, and had to spend the whole time watching our bags and wandering the airport before we caught our late afternoon flight back to Cali...not fun with 3 kids just before a 5 hour flight!)

CC members (previous cruisers on DCL) will probably be lining up on-line to make ressies tonight, and my wife and I have been discussing what excursions, etc. we want to book.

Anyone else thinking of trying the underwater scooters on Coz? They looked interesting, but I think we are leaning towards the 4-elements, so that we can include our eldest daughter (10).

Also, kids-wise, we have 3 kids, all girls, 10, 7, and 7 (twins)...so if you have any kids in this age group, feel free to tell them that they will have the company of three crazy and boisterous girls in the kids' clubs!

First time cruisers, feel free to ask any of us questions, but most of all remember that even if you miss some things on the cruise (due to scheduling conflicts, etc.), you will HAVE FUN! So don't sweat the schedule too much, it will all work out!

4n Bahamas July 2008, 7n Western Carib July 2009,
15n Panama Canal Jan 2011, 7n Mexican Riviera Sept 2011
wideeyedwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:11 PM   #101
NikkiLovesWDW!

Good luck to all the CC members trying to get reservations tonight!! Unfortunately, I have to wait until May 11th, as I have NEVER cruised before!! Don't take all the Palo brunch times, please!
Old 04-25-2009, 10:53 PM   #102
Susan C
Susan C

90 Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Good luck to all the CC members trying to get reservations tonight!! Unfortunately, I have to wait until May 11th, as I have NEVER cruised before!! Don't take all the Palo brunch times, please!

Sorry NIKKI, but I've got toothpicks holding my eyes open to get Palo.. Your Wedding plans sound wonderful, is your bridal party cruising as well?

I can't decide if I'm going for Palo dinner or Brunch... our son gets a little jealous over Palo but he has such fun in the kids club.

Good Luck everybody
Susan

Disney Cruise Lover
Several Trips to WDW
Love my DVC
Old 04-25-2009, 11:19 PM   #103
NikkiLovesWDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan C View Post
Sorry NIKKI, but I've got toothpicks holding my eyes open to get Palo.. Your Wedding plans sound wonderful, is your bridal party cruising as well?

I can't decide if I'm going for Palo dinner or Brunch... our son gets a little jealous over Palo but he has such fun in the kids club.

Good Luck everybody
Susan
No, just us! I can't wait! Let us know what you get tonight! Put on another pot of coffee...it's almost time!

Last edited by NikkiLovesWDW!; 04-25-2009 at 11:24 PM.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:36 PM   #104
wideeyedwonder
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Nikki, no worries, our first Disney cruise was last year, on the 4-Night Bahamian...and even with only 4 nights available at Palo, were were able to get a reasonable reservation at the 75 day mark!

Hint: At 7 nights, this cruise is going to be suh-weet! Especially after just getting married!!!

24 minutes to go for CC members...

4n Bahamas July 2008, 7n Western Carib July 2009,
15n Panama Canal Jan 2011, 7n Mexican Riviera Sept 2011
wideeyedwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:38 AM   #105
Susan C
Susan C

90 Reservations

Doing the Happy Dance... just logged in and got Palo Brunch and a Palo Dinner. We are also going on both of the beach trips, and I just had to reserve a spa treatment too. This will be my "happy Thought" as I finish out the school year..

Good Luck to all..

NIKKI -we had Palo on our first cruise, so I'm sure no worries.

I just LOVE the way the web site keeps track of your reservations and tells you what you already booked, so Disney.

Off to bed
Susan

Disney Cruise Lover
Several Trips to WDW
Love my DVC

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: