Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2008, 01:12 AM   #61
terri01p
DIS Veteran

The very sad thing here is that BigdaddyRog knows exactly what a bingo stamper looks like...it took me a minute to figure out what he was taking about...lol...just kidding.

Last edited by terri01p; 02-11-2008 at 01:23 AM.
terri01p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:01 PM   #62
memorykeeper
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by serino4disney View Post
My DH and I are also tent camping for the first time in May. These forums have been awesome! What dates are you going? We are leaving town 04/29 but making a couple pit stops and won't be to FW till 05/05. If you will be back before we leave I would LOVE to know how your trip went and any tips you might have for another first timer!
HAVE FUN!!!
We are arriving on April 7th so I am sure I will have plenty to tell you.
memorykeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2008, 12:28 PM   #63
serino4disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by memorykeeper View Post
We are arriving on April 7th so I am sure I will have plenty to tell you.
Awesome! Also, this is your first time EVER tent camping? Well, definitely set up your tent and seal it. That is probably the best advice you've been given. We also seal ours every year. If you haven't already.... get a little rug for outside the tent door and take a broom and dustpan with you. Also, put a tarp under your tent before you set it up. One that is the same size or slightly smaller than your tent. They are really cheap and you can pick one up anywhere. Also, more good advice already given is too make sure nothing is touching the side of the tent, in case it does rain. HAVE FUN!!! DH and I can't wait!

serino4disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 01:04 PM   #64
MomofPirate&Mickey
Former Cast Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tent Camping Mom View Post
It's the Lewis and Clark Fold and Go Camp Kitchen. Coleman has a similar one but a lot more expensive. I gave it a test drive and left it out on our deck for two weeks in the rain and sun and never got a rust spot. It's good quality. I had originally seen them at Sam's Club but they sold out before I gave in. So I ordered mine from some place on the internet....can't remember the store.

Did you look at the GSI Camp Gourmet Kitchen?? I saw that one online as well. I'm pretty much torn between the 2 (L&C vx. GSI). We're going camping for a wk in Upstate NY this July (near Niagara) w/ the step-kids. I'm thinking having one of these will be a good idea. We've only ever camped for a w/e (max 2 nights), so we haven't needed it yet. But with having Disney close (again, after some moving around), it will also come in handy there, since they don't like you to have fire-rings.

If anyone has one of these 2 kitchens and will be at FW between now & the end of May, would you mind letting us come and check them out before we buy???? If not, that's fine. Thanks!!
MomofPirate&Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 07:09 PM   #65
BigDaddyRog
Ask me about my cartoon pitch
I'm all Disney'd up feeling innocent and pure
Cut up and act like a clown while ya gotta chance to embarrass those that are forced to love you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terri01p View Post
The very sad thing here is that BigdaddyRog knows exactly what a bingo stamper looks like...it took me a minute to figure out what he was taking about...lol...just kidding.
Darnit.............I thought I slid by without anyone really noticing that!!!! Yes, it's true the DW and I used to go to wednesday night bingo every week and get plastered with all the blue haired broads...those old women can party pretty hard.....we used to have a blast....we NEVER, EVER won anything though, and its a good thing...them grannys would put the voodoo on ya if ya took their jackpot!!!
BigDaddyRog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 11:22 AM   #66
SandrA9810
DIS Veteran

I have a greatland that I've been using for a few years now. The first time we went camping there we had a kiddie 6x6 two pole pop up....LOL. The next time we found a greatland on clearance, I think it's a 5-6 person tent. I found another one a year or so later when I was going to bring my mom and brother (trip got canceled but I held on to it). The last time we went camping I left the tent and a couple of things on the table or we were going to be late for lunch at canada. When we got back it was gone with the few other things.

I have got caught in the rain more than once in my greatland and it's been fine, and little water in the corners but leave a few towels around the edge to soak it up. Home depot sells a double pack of tarps for like 15$. Throw it over the top and works great. But I originally did it for the air conditioner to keep the cold in. If your not big on using the table or bring along a card table, you can use it to hold the A.C. and the fridge on the other end. generally we use the tail gate of the truck because it fits perfectly up to the window. or else you have the table legs pushing the tent inwards.

We plan on going camping soon, so I'll show you pictures of our hook-up. And I'd never go again with out our window A.C.
SandrA9810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:49 AM   #67
clkelley
I squealed really loud!!
I got one on my camper too

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyRog View Post
Darnit.............I thought I slid by without anyone really noticing that!!!! Yes, it's true the DW and I used to go to wednesday night bingo every week and get plastered with all the blue haired broads...those old women can party pretty hard.....we used to have a blast....we NEVER, EVER won anything though, and its a good thing...them grannys would put the voodoo on ya if ya took their jackpot!!!
Wow, drinking is allowed at bingo where your at????? That is one of the biggest no no's at the few bingos we have here.
clkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 01:29 PM   #68
BigDaddyRog
Cut up and act like a clown while ya gotta chance to embarrass those that are forced to love you.

Oh heck yeah.....I would NEVER subject myself to bingo without getting at least 2 sheets to the wind, if not all 3 sheets!!! We can still smoke inside too.....for now. These are a few reasons I can't leave New Orleans...no, not bingo and blue haired grannies......liquor and tobacco!!!!
Old 02-28-2008, 08:05 PM   #69
Dallas_Lady
I only work for the vacation money

I'm loving this thread! We always camp for Thanksgiving at a nearby campground, but I am trying to convince DH to try Fort Wilderness for our Thanksgiving trip in the near future. I actually prefer tent camping... it feels more like camping to me.
Dallas_Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 10:22 PM   #70
terri01p
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas_Lady View Post
I'm loving this thread! We always camp for Thanksgiving at a nearby campground, but I am trying to convince DH to try Fort Wilderness for our Thanksgiving trip in the near future. I actually prefer tent camping... it feels more like camping to me.
Off topic for just a minute...Dallas Lady I love your digital scrapbooking pictures, I'm really wanting to get into that also.
I wish we would have taken pictures of our house before and after... our back yard was a forest whenever we moved in, it would have been neat to see it then and now. I can barely remember now.
terri01p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:29 PM   #71
BigDaddyRog

Quote:
Originally Posted by terri01p View Post
Off topic for just a minute...Dallas Lady I love your digital scrapbooking pictures, I'm really wanting to get into that also.
I wish we would have taken pictures of our house before and after... our back yard was a forest whenever we moved in, it would have been neat to see it then and now. I can barely remember now.
No kidding....Ive never thought of scrapping like that....its such a chicks hobby, but your page looks GREAT!! Daughter's adorable, too!!!
Old 02-29-2008, 02:52 PM   #72
Dallas_Lady
I only work for the vacation money

Awww, thanks guys I actually learned how to do it here on the DIS. This site is good for everything. I think it's way easier than traditional scrapbooking.
Dallas_Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:24 PM   #73
Tent Camping Mom
Sleeping Under the Stars
It can be dangerous just make sure you have plenty of elbow room

That is so cool! I've always wanted to do scrapbooking and I've never thought about doing digitally. I think I may try it Oh, BTW, your daughter is adorable!
Old 02-29-2008, 03:33 PM   #74
Tent Camping Mom
Sleeping Under the Stars
It can be dangerous just make sure you have plenty of elbow room

Ok, ok, so I contributed to the off topic but it had nothing to do with White Castle or Krystal. I guess I'll rectify it and put it back on topic

Here's another angle of site 1501: (notice the screen house is slightly off the pad, not a large area).

Old 02-29-2008, 05:53 PM   #75
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas_Lady View Post
We're planning on tent camping for the first time at Fort Wilderness Thanksgiving 2009 (first time at FW, not first time tent camping).

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
carissanboys is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: