Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2008, 11:08 AM   #1
mickey0624
LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!!

What sit down restaurant has the worst food in WDW?

My vote is for the 50's prime time cafe. I love the desserts - Peanut Butter and Jelly shake, but the fried chicken and meatloaf were almost inedible
Old 01-31-2008, 11:09 AM   #2
wildeoscar
DIS Veteran

Liberty Tree Tavern... I can get that same food, in the frozen food section of any grocery store and make it at home and it comes out better.
wildeoscar is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2008, 11:16 AM   #3
DizzKneeGeek
Freaking out the Mouse Since Birth!

you know, eventually a thread like this will have every single restaurant in wdw on it, there will a big argument over different places, many people will be insulted and the thread will be locked. have fun.

on topic: i've not had any bad food at disney.

DizzKneeGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:27 AM   #4
herodrx1
Family of Disney Nuts!!!
I don't want to look like a dork to one of the big wigs!
I wouldn't accept anything less than himself
Tabloid Victim

I didn't like the food in Morocco. I could tell that it was good quality food just not to my taste.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:30 AM   #5
Karnak
DIS Veteran

My vote ... Has to be the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant at the Studios; Akershus at Epcot's World Showcase (Norway), comes to mind as well.

But the food at WDW overall is very good methinks, and I really can't complain at all.

Karnak

17 previous visits to WDW; the first was on July 5, 1978.
BoardWalk Inn, The Disney Insitute, Polynesian Resort, Contemporary Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans Riverside and the French Quarter.

No visit to WDW planned at this time.
Karnak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:33 AM   #6
Buzz Litebeer
Not a Flying Toy

I have not dined there, but I've heard multiple complaints about the Nine Dragons in Epcot (which is why I've never dined there).

The worst food I've ever eaten personally was at El Pirata y El Perico -- but it's not a TS, so I don't think that counts.

Just polled DGF, and she felt the food at the Sci-Fi Dine-In isn't bad... but boring and poorly-themed to the venue. And I must say, I agree.
The opinions and comments in the above post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, policies or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates, including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all areas contained therein. This post was written while off the clock and off WDW property. Any information or advice in the above post is subject to change at any time without notice and should not, if ever, be taken seriously by anyone.
Buzz Litebeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:35 AM   #7
grumpymakesmehappy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey0624 View Post
My vote is for the 50's prime time cafe. I love the desserts - Peanut Butter and Jelly shake, but the fried chicken and meatloaf were almost inedible
Are you serious ? We love 50's Prime Time. I'm so sorry you had a bad experience there, but we have never had any food that was short of wonderful at 50's PT. And yes, the desserts are fabulous . I've been know to go in and sit at the bar just to have a s'more and cherry coke. Seriously, I have! Anyways, I agree with the OP. Before long this thread will have every single restaurant at WDW on the list. The goods will be listed right along with the bad ones... Oh well, people have different taste and different experiences.
grumpymakesmehappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:42 AM   #8
CanadianGuy

Me and My Posse doing our New Kids on the Block moves at PI

DISboards Moderator

Exactly.. see.. El Pirate y El Perico was 'ok' for CS in my book.. I kinda liked it.

But then I eat at Taco Bell and like it.

Knox

06/1995 - All Star Music | 11/1998 - Wilderness Lodge | 10/1999 - Disneyland
06/2006 - Pop Century | 03/2007 - Pop Century | 06/2007 - Coronado Springs
12/2007 - All Star Sports | 06/2008 - Pop Century | 09/2008 - All Star Sports
06/2010 - Swan | 06/2012 - Dolphin | 01/2013 - All Star Sports

CanadianGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:44 AM   #9
Alicnwondrln
DIS Veteran

tonys
Alicnwondrln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:48 AM   #10
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Wow, two of my favorite restaurants have been pegged already. This thread will really highlight how tastes (as in taste buds) really do vary from person to person and family to family. I agree with the previous poster -- eventually this thread will probably name every single Disney restaurant.

Personally, I'm not particularly fond of the buffets at Biergarten or Akershus from a perspective of wanting to go back again. Also, I didn't think the menu at Jiko lived up to the hype of being a signature restaurant. (That was more an after-meal question as to "why did this cost us 2 DDP credits when Le Celier and Spoodles only cost 1? We personally felt the food and atmospheres of the 3 were comparible.)

With that said -- I can't say I've ever had a sit-down meal at Disney that I thought was bad, or wasn't able to enjoy. With so many restaurants that we love and a limited number of days each year, though, the ones that were just good or okay fall to the bottom of the repeat list.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:54 AM   #11
sassyat30
Don't joke with me~I just rode Space Mountain.

Boatwrights at POR.
sassyat30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:55 AM   #12
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

Well I think that it all depends on the day and the dish selected. We've eaten at Sci Fi numerous times and were okay with the burgers. Just got back and had the smoked turkey sandwich and it was the worst thing I've ever had in my life.

And the food in Mexico, both TS and CS is awful. We eat the real thing all of the time so I'm biased.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 12:09 PM   #13
RichmondTiggerFan
Favorites: Splash Mountain, FOTLK, Tigger!, Chip & Dale!, and Timon!!

Location: Native Kentuckian in the Capital of the Old Dominion

The worst food item I've had at a sit-down restaurant was the ranch salad dressing at Crystal Palace. It was absolutely horrible & it tasted like paste.

** But **

Everything else I've had at CP has been good to excellent & I make ADR's to go there every trip to WDW (Sometimes two times during a single trip). It's my favorite restaurant on the whole property.
6/88 Offsite - 10/93 Dixie Landings(Now Port Orleans Riverside) - 6/97 Port Orleans(before they tacked on 'French Quarter') - 5/99 AS Sports - 5/01 POFQ - 2/03 AS Sports - 6/03 AS Music - 5/04 AS Sports - 9/04 AS Sports - 5/05 AS Sports - 9/06 AS Sports - 10/07 POFQ - 03/08 POFQ - 08/08 POR - 11/08 POR - 02/09 POR - 05/09-06/09 Wilderness Lodge - 10/09 POFQ - 3/10 AKL - 5/10 AKL - 7/10 POR - 10/10 AKL - 3/11 AKL - 10/11 POP - Next Trip ????

My Splash Mountain tally: 302 times
RichmondTiggerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 12:16 PM   #14
MissRoseRed
Mouseketeer

I think the restaurants are kind of like the Disney buses -- most of the time they are awesome, but the bad days really stand out (and rotate -- like one day the buses for POP come every 2 minutes while the CBR folks wait and wait and wait... and then next time it's the other way around) I don't think I've ever had an awful meal at Disney TS, but I have had meals that just weren't as good as the last time... Personal taste probably has a lot to do with it -- coming from a Germanic heritage I think the Biergarten and Akershus are 2 of my favorites, while it seems a lot of people really don't like them. And I love, love, love Liberty Tree Tavern

If I had to pick a least favorite, I would say Chef Mickey's... I know! But I've only eaten there once, and it must have been an off day...

(I would have picked Tony's, but I have had good and bad meals there)

Then again, I'll eat just about anything and if it's at Disney, it's gotta be good!!!

Check out my Disney videos at http://www.youtube.com/tinytommistudios
MissRoseRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 12:25 PM   #15
arkansas mom
Yes, I'm a procrastinator...I'll tell you about it later.
I love the Tag Fairy, but there's nothin' like a fresh pair o' drawers
Underwires are of the devil

I won't say it's the worst restaurant, just my personal least favorite. LTT. I agree with the PP who said it's the same food I can get in my grocery store's freezer section. They even tout that it's Stouffers.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: