Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2008, 04:24 PM   #1366
TPCShauna
Most Cheerful Creativear
I think "Under the Sea" would be a nice place to live
I definitely think that the colored mini marshmallows make the best peep poop

Location: Orlando, FL - just minutes from the magic! (but I'm still a Texas girl at heart!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony2k7 View Post
Although this is the official line, I think as with my sessions they are more flexible than this - although they may have only done that for me as I already bought the pre-paid cd before the new rules.
I'm so pleased to hear this and I hope this is the case for me also. I pre-purchased my CD before the price change also and I really want to be able to add enhancements to my photos if at all possible.

I'm holding out hope that it will happen and if not, then oh well. I'll just have to deal with having pics on property. SUCH a hardship!
Old 09-25-2008, 05:48 PM   #1367
mousy_in_canada
Ahhh to dream!
I qualify for one of my girls...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPCShauna View Post
I If you pre-purchase a Photopass CD, you take a copy of your confirmation email and show that to your photographer. At that point, they will charge you $74.99 for your photo session. At the end of your session, they will give you a CD with all of your photo session pictures and you can't add enhancements to those.

When you get home, you can enter all of your Photopass card numbers into the computer to access your park pics, add enhancements and order that CD. You don't use your pre-purchase CD for your photo session pics. You just need proof that you purchased it to get the discounted Photo Session price.

Did that help?
That is what I was asking so thanks.. I did not understand that that you did not use your pre-purchace for this. I thought that you bought THAT CD in advance and then you are out of luck for your park pics in terms of adding enhancements. so yes you claered that up for me. Thanks!!
Split stay with Poly LGV/AKL SV /OKW villa December 2006

Fort Wilderness Cabin January 2005

Fort Wilderness Camping December 1994

Caribbean Beach Resort (Disneymoon) February 1992

Off site March 1987

Off site December 1981
mousy_in_canada is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2008, 01:25 AM   #1368
anthony2k7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm so pleased to hear this and I hope this is the case for me also. I pre-purchased my CD before the price change also and I really want to be able to add enhancements to my photos if at all possible.

I'm holding out hope that it will happen and if not, then oh well. I'll just have to deal with having pics on property. SUCH a hardship!
i think you'll be fine. just remember the issue seems to be that they dont want you standing at their desk for hours editing your pictures. If you say something like "do I also get the photopass card to take away so I can order other products later?" I'm sure they'll give you the card as well as the cd.
anthony2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 07:59 AM   #1369
TheAdkins'
Earning My Ears

We had our photo shoot at Poly on 9/19. After our pictures were taken the photographer said she would need about 10-15 minutes to upload the pictures so we went and had breakfast. When I went back to the photopass desk she showed me (rather quickly) the pictures and handed me a photopass card. She never even mentioned anything about a cd. She instructed me to take the card and add it with my other cards when we got home. I just finished making my enhancements last night and ordered my cd.

Overall I was pleased with the pictures. I would not pay the new prices to have it done, but it was worth $25.

Pop Century here we come 9/13-9/20 with free food!!!
TheAdkins' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:46 AM   #1370
cab333
Mouseketeer

Akl?

Is AKL doing portraits yet? Last I heard it was soon...and that was around a month ago. Toyota Kitten teased us by telling us how nice they are, but not returning to post! Anyone have any experience or better yet pic's to share?
cab333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 10:04 AM   #1371
anthony2k7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cab333 View Post
Is AKL doing portraits yet? Last I heard it was soon...and that was around a month ago. Toyota Kitten teased us by telling us how nice they are, but not returning to post! Anyone have any experience or better yet pic's to share?
see my post a few posts back, we had a session at AKL just over a week ago and wasnt impressed with the results. I'm sure the results vary depending on your photographer (of which there seemed to be different ones working there every day!). I dont have our pics to share yet from there as we were just given the photopass card and havent ordered the CD yet.
anthony2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 10:59 AM   #1372
carone0318
Disney-aholic, can't get enough of this place!!!

AKL pictures

We did the AKL photo session back on 9/1, which was a Monday and they had just started doing them on Friday, 8/29. We were part of the employee sessions. They do these the first 2 weeks a stand opens up and this give the photographers a chance to work out their kinks and they also get a chance to get some sample photos that you will see displayed at the kiosk. We did the photo session at BC back on 8/26 and a photographer was Dallas. We had a small issue and she ended up help set up the session at AKL, it was at no cost to us since it was during the employee thing. Here are some pictures:

I haven't posted my pictures of BC yet, but overall, I do believe the BC pictures were better because of Dallas. She was an excellent photographer and that really made the difference. Also, our clothes in the above pictures were just thrown together to coordinate because I didn't want to buy anything new, where as our outfits that we wore at BC were better looking and really stood out better. I can say though that the AKL were fine, since they were free to us, so no harm, no foul!
Old 09-26-2008, 11:02 AM   #1373
BelleLovesTheBeast
Mouseketeer

I read on another message board that if you pre-order and book at GF the cost is $25 for the session. All other resorts are $75. Has anyone else heard this?
10/11 - Sorcerer Radio 10th Anniversary Meet Up | 8/11 - D23 EXPO | 5/11, 1/11, 9/10 - POP | 10/10, 9/10, 6/10, 4/10, 1/10, 12/09 - Marriott | 9/09 - SSR | 8/09 - DL | 10/08 - ASMu DxDDP | 9/07 - CBR | 1/07 - Marriott | 9/06, 9/03- Honeymoon, 10/99 - CSR | 8/96 - OKW | 7/94 - BC | 12/91 - MMDP off-property
BelleLovesTheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 11:14 AM   #1374
Ohana90
Disney Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousy_in_canada View Post
Can someone please explain the changes to this program for me? I read on another site this:

ok so I pre-ordered the cd already for the $99 so when I go for my session I pay the $74.95 for the session but it is better not to add my my photopass pics because 1) it costs an additional 49.95 and 2) I can not add any enhancements to the pictures.. BUT if I go and have the session and don't use my pre-ordered CD but use it for the park pictures then I pay $149.95 at that time? Is that correct? Isn't that less expensive anyway?? I am rather confused by this. HELP eek I can't wrap my brain around these new changes.

Thanks for your help.
If you pre-ordered the CD for $99.00 take the email confirmation showing proof of when you ordered it. (as long as its before 9/1) you then pay the $25.00 fee. If its after 9/1 its the 75.00.

Hope that helped. I pre-ordered mine in July so I get the $25.00 rate.
Ohana90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 01:23 PM   #1375
TPCShauna
Most Cheerful Creativear

Location: Orlando, FL - just minutes from the magic! (but I'm still a Texas girl at heart!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohana90 View Post
If you pre-ordered the CD for $99.00 take the email confirmation showing proof of when you ordered it. (as long as its before 9/1) you then pay the $25.00 fee. If its after 9/1 its the 75.00.

Hope that helped. I pre-ordered mine in July so I get the $25.00 rate.
Where did you get this info? The reason I ask is that I pre-ordered my CD on 9/2 and my confirmation still has the verbiage regarding the $25 session and I was told that would be honored.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:28 PM   #1376
peachygreen
DIS Veteran

I was able to book for the end of October @ the $25 rate becuase of the email. We are going to have the pictures take at the GF before our Pare Fare Breakfast.

Family Trips to see the Mouse: WDW - October 2008, Nov 2012; DLR - May 2009, Oct 2012; DCL Magic - February 2011; DCL Magic - July 2012; DCL Fantasy - March 2013 Upcoming DCL - Wonder June 2014
peachygreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 01:45 PM   #1377
Ohana90
Disney Fanatic

Quote:
Where did you get this info? The reason I ask is that I pre-ordered my CD on 9/2 and my confirmation still has the verbiage regarding the $25 session and I was told that would be honored.
I was told they were taking the verbiage off, if it still says that then you can use it.
Ohana90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 01:53 PM   #1378
TPCShauna
Most Cheerful Creativear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohana90 View Post
I was told they were taking the verbiage off, if it still says that then you can use it.
Oh thank goodness! I was having heart palpitations!
Old 09-26-2008, 02:05 PM   #1379
Momtoredheads
Mouseketeer

Does this mean I can book at the Poly for $25 even though it says at the bottom of the confirmation that it is at the Grand Floridian??
Old 09-26-2008, 04:00 PM   #1380
TPCShauna
Most Cheerful Creativear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtoredheads View Post
Does this mean I can book at the Poly for $25 even though it says at the bottom of the confirmation that it is at the Grand Floridian??
The jury is still out on that. Some resorts have allowed it but that was for sessions booked before the big changeover. I don't know if anyone has tried booking a session AFTER the changeover using their confirmation at a resort other than GF.

Anyone?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: