Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2009, 10:26 AM   #271
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Old 05-21-2009, 06:57 AM   #272
TyRy
Part of the problem is I wear my shorts
It is making me nutty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
Thank you!!!! Those are greatly appreciated.
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
Trip of New Phases, Friends & 40 - Sept 09 - CR/AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
*Nov 2013 AKVJ* *Extra May 2014 Trip SSR*
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2009, 06:59 AM   #273
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Still OT: New Diagnosis and Surgery

Well we finally have a path forward. First, after sending the slides to the Mayo Clinic they changed the type to Synovial Sarcoma. While still rare, there seems to be a lot more information out there on it. They will operate on Friday, as they want to get the tumor out, but they also know it has pentrated the heart. The unknown it just how far and deep in a couple of places, so it will be open heart and possibly rebuilding of part of it. The wildcard is how much/deep it is in the right ventricle (I think that's correct) as they cannot rebuild/fix that. That's what has me worried.

I may bring my laptop while we wait on Friday to try and write more trippie since that is a happy thing and we want to be thinking happy thoughts on what will probably be a long and tense day.

I had also posted on the Coping and Compassion board, so may be updating over on that thread if any of you are interested in following this, althought I'll still let you all know what happened briefly, but I need to get this back to my "happy" thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2175881
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*

Last edited by TyRy; 05-21-2009 at 07:09 AM.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:23 AM   #274
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I just got back from a long weekend away-was the surgery this past Friday (the 22nd), or this coming Friday?

I'll head over to the Caring & Compassion board too. I hope all is well Ty!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 05-26-2009, 07:27 AM   #275
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Just read your update over there and sent you a note.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 06-04-2009, 03:29 PM   #276
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Just read your update over there and sent you a note.
Got it there - thanks Brook!
Old 06-04-2009, 03:33 PM   #277
TyRy
It is making me nutty

It's his turn....

It’s our last park day and we seem to have established a tradition for the last full day during out last couple of trips. We’ll hit Epcot and the MK and then have yummy room service for dinner. I start out my last breakfast at AKV (won’t be eating before the flight tomorrow !) the way I have many other days….my Mickey waffle while taking in the view

DH had some hummus and pita chips from Mara to start his day:

It was then off to the TTC – we parked at the MK so we could just hop the monorail to Epcot and then back to the MK.

We got a few good shots as the monorail headed into Epcot….

And then as we walked in

We got lucky walking into Epcot and got a great PP photog who was up for some fun. First, we were so happy to be at Epcot

Then we mentioned it was our last day, so he took the following shots

I love a PP photog who has fun with their job!

Continued in next post....

Last edited by TyRy; 06-04-2009 at 03:42 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:36 PM   #278
TyRy
It is making me nutty

We wandered around a bit

and I decided that I wanted to try and find the Beast Library from Beauty and the Beast. I’d read about it, but had never seen it for myself. It’s stashed in the back of the France pavilion behind the perfume shop and really was worth searching out…

We walked through the perfume shop

and headed outside. We had a great shot of the hedge maze and Sleeping Beauty was nearby.

A line was already forming so we skipped the character greeting and decided to head over to the MK.

I think at this point DH was starting to feel a little yucky…yep it was finally his day. See, every single trip DH is usually sick for a day….who knows what causes it, but he recovers by the afternoon. This time it seemed to be the reverse and he was ok in the morning but was now starting to feel icky. Of course, I had no sympathy!! I wanted to go to the MK and we were going (I know – nice huh!) So instead of arguing he said fine…plus we had to go as I still had to get Mickey ears for a friend of mine.

We also had to stop and say goodbye to our brick

We then headed in got as far as the beginning of Main Street and DH was really starting to feel horrible. I told him to sit somewhere cause I wanted to find the personalized ears. But he started looking on one side and me on the other…who knew we were right around the corner from them! I spotted them, called him over and there wasn’t much of a line. So he just hung outside while I got them for my friend back home. It was then time to head out – the original plan had us going over to the Contemporary, but I figured DH would be too sick. NOPE – somehow he couldn’t stay in the MK any longer, but was fine walking round the CR – it’s that type of thing that makes you go hmmmmmmm

We got a shot of the newly renovated store, and I found this shirt for him in another one

Although I’m sure he would say I’m much more suited to that shirt when we are WDW and he’s not following my schedule

Continued in next post...

Last edited by TyRy; 06-04-2009 at 03:42 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:40 PM   #279
TyRy
It is making me nutty

We then grabbed a couple more shots of BLT

And all too soon it was time to head out.

After our last monorail ride of the trip,

DH snapped me holding on for dear life

We just kicked back at AKL for a while and then ordered the traditional “last meal” HA! We always order the prime rib from Boma and something else to split. This time was no exception. DH even got one of the giant Zebra Domes from room service.

It was yummy as usual, and now it was time to finish packing But we had to get a couple of last minute photos in…..

Here’s AKL lit up at night from our room:

Then we even noticed what looked like a refurb going on in one of the rooms. Also made me think that if we were getting this good of a shot, no wonder they tell you to close your drapes

We ended the night with packing and found these…with everything that happened on the trip, we completely forgot we had “free” things from Disney!!

Tomorrow it’s back to reality….but first I have to get on that evil plane. And since I’ve been on such heavy antibiotics I didn’t start taking my happy plane pills in advance like I did on the way down…..
Old 06-04-2009, 03:54 PM   #280
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Oh no it's nearly over, lovely last day though well except for DH feeling ill and fantastic PP photos

Hope MIL is doing fine
Old 06-07-2009, 08:43 AM   #281
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Oh no it's nearly over, lovely last day though well except for DH feeling ill and fantastic PP photos
I knew it had to hit sooner or later - I guess DH's sickness just decided to wait until I was all better....it would have been too convenient for it to happen while I was not feeling well

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Hope MIL is doing fine
Thank you...after a small scare this week (and another hopital stay) she is home again and seems to be doing much better
Old 06-08-2009, 10:34 PM   #282
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I thought I had quoted a couple of your PP pics too-LOVE the close up one of you two! Such a great shot! And the sad one in front of the Exit sign was awesome! Very creative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyRy View Post
Wow, beautiful stained glass!! I've never been in there before, I'm going to try to remember to seek it out.

Quote:
I recall you answering this on the Jambo thread (which I have not been on in a LONG time! ) but, what is the sauce again they serve with the Gaint Zebra Dome?

Quote:
And since I’ve been on such heavy antibiotics I didn’t start taking my happy plane pills in advance like I did on the way down…..
Oh no...I hope that's not foreshadowing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyRy View Post
Thank you...after a small scare this week (and another hopital stay) she is home again and seems to be doing much better
GOOD!!!!!!!
Old 07-20-2009, 03:39 PM   #283
TyRy
It is making me nutty

We head back home...

Before I wrap this up, I wanted to thank you all again for your support during the last two months with my DMIL...it really did mean the world to us. In case you had not heard, she lost her battle with this extremely rare form of cancer just over a week ago. She loved Disney and it's mainly for her I wanted to finish this up and start on my next vacation...she probably would have wanted it that way.

Our final day dawns and I take in this few for the last time this trip:

I start by trying to figure out if I want one of these before we get on the plane…

I decide no…maybe the plane happy pills will work better if I have nothing in my stomach. HA We start gathering all the bags, making sure all the last minute stuff is packed and I get very very sad DH assures me that we will be back in less than a year for my 40th birthday trip. Doesn’t help though…

We call down to the valet to let them know we are coming, as I know in the mornings there have been semi-long waits for our car. Although I must say, we loved the valet perk with our DVC…couldn’t beat it after a long day at the parks.

So we head out, eventually get our car and pass under the gates for the last time….I’m really sad and I’m also starting to get really scared. We’ve past the gate, which means the next stop is the airport!

Normally we take the first flight out, but DH wanted to sleep in…so glad one of us could sleep! So instead we are taking a mid-morning flight. We get to the airport about 90 minutes early, and there’s almost no wait at this point through security. We head towards our gate and I call my dad…and I proceed to have the first very quiet meltdown of the morning. Yes friends, the happy plane pills are not working and I’m freaking out. And for some reason, even the flight number was bugging me…I told my dad it was a great number for a headline!

DH is laughing at me and it was not helping!!! It’s FINALLY time to board and I’m not doing much better. But one cool thing was we ended up in the exact same seats we had on the flight down. DH notices I am much more panicky now than I was on the way down….DUH! On the way down I had to be up at 3:30am and was too tired to thing. Now we got to (ok he did) sleep until 7am…now I don’t have the tired factor going for me.

Flight was fine and I did not scare any flight attendants this time, although, now that I think about it, maybe if I scare enough of them DH will only drive from now on to avoid the embarrassment.

I was going to put a fun summary at the end of things we loved, hated, missed, and can’t wait to do again, but with everything that transpired over the past two months and especially last week, all I have is that I am so thankful we bought DVC when we did. We were able to enjoy it with my DIL’s, the people who took me on my first trip and really helped expand my love for Disney. We were able to pay them back just a bit by sharing our DVC, and this trip alone was probably worth buying.

Thanks for staying with me…I’ve FINALLY got the pre-trippie started for our September 2009 trip and if you’d like to follow along, it’s here!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2234649

Ty
Old 07-26-2009, 02:23 PM   #284
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Ty I'm so so sorry about your MIL How wonderful though that you have the fantastic memories of your Disney trip
Old 07-27-2009, 02:04 PM   #285
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Thanks Jo It was a shock, but we are taking it a day at a time. And now that trip means more than we ever thought.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: