Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2009, 05:24 PM   #226
DisneyBride'03
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Balcony was great!
The closest I get to "camping" is the campfire!

Hey guys! Happy Super Bowl Day!

When are you guys returning to WDW?
***runDisney***2010 Inaugural Wine & Dine Half~ 2011 WDW Half~2011 Wine & Dine Half ~ 2012 Princess Half~2012 Disneyland Half~2012 Wine & Dine Half~ 2013 Princes Half~2013 Inaugural Dumbo Dare~2013 Wine/Dine

Upcoming: Aulani Feb 2014

1980 Poly~2003 Poly~2003 Poly Fairy Tale Wedding/Grand Floridian~2007 Pop~2007 YC CL DVC Owners ~2007 SSR~2008 BWV/DCL/AKV~2008 OKW~2008 SSR/WL~2008 ASMu/AKV~2009 VWL/BCV~2009 BLT/Swan/Kidani~2009 POFQ/AKL~2010 SSR~ 2010 YC CL/AKV~2011 POFQ~2011 Sports & OKW~2011 Kidani & BCV~ 2011 POFQ ~ 2012 BCV~2012 DL Hotel~2012 BLT/AKV~2013 OKW/BCV~2013 DL Hotel~2013 Pop/SSR
Old 02-02-2009, 12:27 AM   #227
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I liked the picture book day, and my blankie kept me warm on this chilly Minnesota night!

How did the family like H&V? I've only heard one good review ever of it...I'm guessing at some point we'll have to do the breakfast there for Henry, with the Playhouse Disney characters....

Love the AKL pics, even though I saw them on the Jambo thread, they are so lovely to see again!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2009, 09:16 AM   #228
TyRy
Part of the problem is I wear my shorts
It is making me nutty

Catching Up....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBride'03 View Post
As usual, awesome, amazing photos !!!!!

Love the traditional pic at Epcot!!!
Thank you on both counts. Hopefully on the next traditional picture we'll finally get it right!

Quote:
I think I saw your ddad at Victoria Falls or in the hallway last Sept....I had thought of asking him if he had relatives from Berwyn! lol I just had that feeling of..thats the dad!!
They were watching the Monday night Bears game in Victoria Falls on the last trip....you should have stopped him, he would have been shocked and then would have probably had fits of laughter if you mentioned the DisBoards...he knows I spend waaaay to much time on them.

Quote:
So when are you guys going back?
My DH thought we would go every other year with DVC....HAHAHAHAH
My 2 dd's and I (12 and almost 3 in May) are going too AKV over Memorial Day...cant wait! Will be able to check out Kidani! (we are in Jambo)

Next time, just wear an old Houby Day Parade t shirt...lol....what is a Houby?! lol
I think DH had the same plan as yours...we might go every other year. I, of course, am also trying to thwart that plan

I think I'll have DH wear his Houby anyway on the next trip...yes he does have one and it's bright orange...no missing him! And I think it's a mushroom....at least that's what is on the t-shirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Looks like they had a nice time whilst you were getting better on the couch! H&V isn't what I expected it to look like at all
They did have a nice time...I was very upset about this...how could they have fun without me And I still haven't made up my mind about the look of H&V...it looks kind of blah and like a high school cafeteria or something.

Quote:
Hey guys! Happy Super Bowl Day!

When are you guys returning to WDW?
I have to say, this was the first Super Bowl in a long time where I didn't care. I originally wanted the Cards as I have an ex-roommate who is a HUGE Steelers fan...and I can't stand him. So in my warped mind, I did not want him to be happy. DH then said I could not root for the Cardinals because back when we had two football teams, Cubs fans rooted for the Bears and Sox fans rooted for the Cardinals. And since I'm a north side girl, DH said it would be like rooting for the Sox (sorry Jaime!) So I just wanted it to end in a tie. It was great and at the end even DH started to root for the Cardinals, and he was promptly attacked by a pillow for not letting me root for them.

We are going back mid-September this year to celebrate my 40th three months early! DH and DFIL decided December was too cold to swim and they want to use the pool so instead of going in December, we'll get two trips out of our AP's by going in Sept. It's the first trip in a long time that we'll miss F&W and miss seeing you guys again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I liked the picture book day, and my blankie kept me warm on this chilly Minnesota night!
Yeah - glad to hear that. Looking forward to hearing about your trip!

Quote:
How did the family like H&V? I've only heard one good review ever of it...I'm guessing at some point we'll have to do the breakfast there for Henry, with the Playhouse Disney characters....
It would be really nice if DH would post again so he could share his experience BUT from what I have second hand they really enjoyed it. They said the food was good, drinks were good, and they all want to go back. And they liked the price compared to eating and the Brown Derby. DFIL had a friend that recommended it, so that's why they chose it, I'd never heard anything good before that.

Quote:
Love the AKL pics, even though I saw them on the Jambo thread, they are so lovely to see again!
Thank you. You and DisneyBride'03 probably feel like you're seeing a rerun since I keep posting the AKL stuff on both threads
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
Trip of New Phases, Friends & 40 - Sept 09 - CR/AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
*Nov 2013 AKVJ* *Extra May 2014 Trip SSR* *Oct 2014 Trip AKVJ, BLT, AKVJ*
Old 02-02-2009, 02:41 PM   #229
DisneyBride'03
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Balcony was great!
The closest I get to "camping" is the campfire!

We dont mind
***runDisney***2010 Inaugural Wine & Dine Half~ 2011 WDW Half~2011 Wine & Dine Half ~ 2012 Princess Half~2012 Disneyland Half~2012 Wine & Dine Half~ 2013 Princes Half~2013 Inaugural Dumbo Dare~2013 Wine/Dine

Upcoming: Aulani Feb 2014

1980 Poly~2003 Poly~2003 Poly Fairy Tale Wedding/Grand Floridian~2007 Pop~2007 YC CL DVC Owners ~2007 SSR~2008 BWV/DCL/AKV~2008 OKW~2008 SSR/WL~2008 ASMu/AKV~2009 VWL/BCV~2009 BLT/Swan/Kidani~2009 POFQ/AKL~2010 SSR~ 2010 YC CL/AKV~2011 POFQ~2011 Sports & OKW~2011 Kidani & BCV~ 2011 POFQ ~ 2012 BCV~2012 DL Hotel~2012 BLT/AKV~2013 OKW/BCV~2013 DL Hotel~2013 Pop/SSR
Old 02-04-2009, 12:25 PM   #230
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Quote:
We dont mind
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
Old 02-04-2009, 12:31 PM   #231
TyRy
It is making me nutty

It's a miracle

This day I finally remember…BUT before I get into that, I think everyone should private message 312.Duck and get him back to posting on here. I think he now spends all his time on Facebook LOL

I have to begin with the night and sleeping…which I did not do. I could no longer swallow AT ALL, and was even having a wee bit of trouble breathing. Sane Ty finally took over and I looked up what Urgent Care Centers my insurance would cover. Luckily, the one very close to WDW took my insurance. DH woke up and I told him my plan. Since I am directionally challenged he gave me great directions to the clinic as I wanted to get there as close to opening as possible, which I did and only waited about ten minutes to be seen.

I’ll spare you most of the details but the doc took one look at me and knew it was Strep. He also told me it had been going around and told me that I had waited so long, I was probably not even contagious anymore. So he wrote me a prescription and told me I could either go right next door and fill it and pay full price w/insurance reimbursing or head to Walgreens. No way was I going back to that Walgreens!! So I get the prescription filled and it’s a LARGE dose. They tell me to eat something with it. And now at this point insane Ty must have come back. OK – let’s see what they have…no candy bars that I like and no little donuts (all soft things in my head!) so let’s by a bag of pretzels!!! I know – I have no idea what I was thinking. So I get back in my car, open the pretzels and pop a couple in my mouth…. yes, that was the loudest silent scream ever . I was shocked back to reality, but still had to take the medicine so I forced it all down.

I got back to the hotel and DH and DIL’s were just finishing their breakfast at Boma.

They kept asking if I wanted to join them and after shooting death glares because I still couldn’t eat, I just took my tea and went back to the room to wait for them.

Our original plan was to hit the MK, then Welcome Home Wednesday at BW and then hop to Epcot for dinner in Norway. However, even before I got sick, plans were slowly changing as that was the first Cubs playoff game and no way DH and DFIL were going to miss it.

Since we’d already been to the MK a couple of times we decided to just hang out at the hotel. And I’m not sure what was in that medicine, but within TWO hours, I felt a 1,000,000, times better than I had in days . Sane Ty was really mad at insane Ty for not going to see the doctor earlier…I have sworn up and down that if I get sick ever again I’ll go right away!

Since I felt better, I talked DH into going to SSR to see the new BLT models. And this was the only picture we took:

We then headed over to DTD as I still wanted to go shopping. We were there for just a bit when I started feeling really tired and yucky again. Which means we wandered aimlessly in WoD and then DH made the decision that we should go back to the room. He was right and for once I didn’t argue with him

DIL’s were in the pool when we got back and I went down to join them and just lay in the sun. Even just laying around worked wonders (as well as a second dose of the medicine) and I felt great. DH and DFIL had finally made the decision they were not going to dinner with us, they were going to go straight to the ESPN Zone to watch the game. I reminded them that it was a credit card hold, but they didn’t care…they were willing to pay the $10 charge to not show and watch the game instead. DMIL had been looking forward to this meal all week and since I felt so much better I was also up for it.

We valeted over at the BW and dropped the guys off and we headed into Epcot. We had barely gotten in the gate when they called. They had primo seats directly in front of the big screen and were very happy:

Too bad that didn’t last!

We get to Akershus Royal Banquet Hall and it took us about five minutes to check in and then we waited about ten to be seated. I was very leery about eating here because I am soooooo picky. I figured there was one thing I could eat and hoped it was still on the menu. When we were brought we had to wait in line for our picture with Belle (which I only have hard copies and did not scan in!) But did snap this while waiting:

Thought it was really cute.

We were then brought to our table and the waiter explained how it all worked. And I took a couple of quick pics:

We then headed up to the buffet…my DMIL who eats everything thoroughly enjyed it. Me being picky went right for the salad and the fruit since I was feeling so much better. Here are the pics of the buffet:

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST.....

Last edited by TyRy; 02-04-2009 at 08:02 PM.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:34 PM   #232
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Continued.....

When we got back to our table our dinner rolls and butter were waiting for us:

I bit right into one and OWIE!!! The crustiness killed my throat. So I spent the rest of the meal, hallowing out my bread and only eating the inside

As I said I had grabbed some salad and fruit. Salad was fine and so was the melon I was eating. Then I bit into a pineapple. I think I saw my life flash before my eyes as I went into so much pain. DMIL just looked at the horrified look of pain on my face and immediately asked if I had just eaten pineapple. She had not noticed it on my plate before. She said the citrus was aggravate my throat….yep and it did. We laughed about it once I could breathe again and I went back to eating just the melons.

The princess interaction was great throughout the meal and they were well paced. We met them all.

I had an apple on my t-shirt and one of the Princesses pointed out I’d better not let Snow White see that…I showed her I’d just cover it with my hair and she laughed. And it worked out as Snow White was not in attendance.

For dinner we had the same thing, a pork shank in a wine sauce with garlic mashed potatoes

The potatoes were excellent…but maybe that’s because I could eat those without any problems. The pork was ok, but I was still tentative with it. I’m not a big dessert person, but they were pretty good, at least the little I ate:

It had really emptied out by the time we were leaving so I took a few more photos:

DMIL and I then wandered a bit towards the International Gateway and had a few pictures taken:

We also stopped to watch Starship w/Mickey Thomas. I thought he sounded great and it was a lot of fun. We then headed over by the guys….and I think this picture says it all:

Our Cubbies were being beat upon and just playing horrible. I left them and went to watch Illuminations from the bridge into Epcot. When I got back, the game was just about over so we hung out and then headed back to the hotel. I think I fell asleep right away as I was very tired after my day of finally feeling better. I could only hope that that would continue…..
Old 02-08-2009, 01:21 PM   #233
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Thank goodness the medicine made you feel better, I love the photo of the boys they look so chuffed with their seats!

Looks like you had a lovely time with your MIL too
Old 02-09-2009, 07:19 AM   #234
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Quote:
Thank goodness the medicine made you feel better, I love the photo of the boys they look so chuffed with their seats!
They were very very happy....and by the end very very sad. I'd hate to have seen what they looked liked had they had bad seats to watch the game

Quote:
Looks like you had a lovely time with your MIL too
We did have a lot of fun. I'm really lucky in that my DIL's are lots of fun to do things with. Not too long after I started dating DH, I took him mom to a Bon Jovi concert...which she loved. Then a few years later, for Mothers Day we took her to a Motley Crue/Scorpions concert (which she had wanted to see!) Both of the DIL's are truly great.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:32 PM   #235
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Wow! Those are great seats that the guys had!!

I am so glad to hear you were feeling better-what a great day! I love the close up pic of you and your MIL, you both look so happy and like you are having a fantastic time.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 02-19-2009, 08:18 PM   #236
nebo
sharkbait
Uh oh, this conversation isn't going as planned
All of you are welcome to come along

Hi Tracy, sorry to hear about your battle with strep, I know what it's like to be sick in Disney myself.
Or maybe it's payment for being a Cub's fan.
I do want to thank you for your maps of Bw, they came in pretty handy for us recently.
By the way, I never thought about giving food a blessing first;
Tracy writes: I bit right into one and OWIE!!! The crustiness killed my throat. So I spent the rest of the meal, hallowing out my bread and only eating the inside .

That would have come in mighty handy on the steak I got two years ago at Shutters in CBR.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:13 PM   #237
tiggerbell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo View Post

That would have come in mighty handy on the steak I got two years ago at Shutters in CBR.
stebo - It's hazy, but that story involves a guy in another booth... right? Maybe a window... and Diane...

I really need a life.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:47 PM   #238
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Quote:
Wow! Those are great seats that the guys had!!
Yep - they got very lucky, althought they certainly did not feel that way by the end of the game

Quote:
I am so glad to hear you were feeling better-what a great day! I love the close up pic of you and your MIL, you both look so happy and like you are having a fantastic time.
I had almost forgotten what it was like to feel normal, and I think my MIL was happy that no one else had gotten it

Quote:
Hi Tracy, sorry to hear about your battle with strep, I know what it's like to be sick in Disney myself.
Or maybe it's payment for being a Cub's fan.

Quote:
I do want to thank you for your maps of Bw, they came in pretty handy for us recently.
So glad they helped...I know I'll hang onto those in case we ever go back...it made the loooooooooooong hallways seem not so looooooooong.

Quote:
By the way, I never thought about giving food a blessing first;
Tracy writes: I bit right into one and OWIE!!! The crustiness killed my throat. So I spent the rest of the meal, hallowing out my bread and only eating the inside .

Didn't even realize I had written it that way...but perhaps it was meant to be written that way now that I think about it...my subconscious mind must have taken over. I was just happy, grateful, thankful and thanking god that I could finally eat again

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerbell View Post
stebo - It's hazy, but that story involves a guy in another booth... right? Maybe a window... and Diane...

I really need a life.
ooooo - I don't remember this one...I'm going to have to go find it!!!

And I'll try and get an update done in the next day or two, work has been crazy (a good thing!) and I've suddenly become a wedding planner for my sister!
Old 03-06-2009, 09:35 AM   #239
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Into the Wilderness...Part 1

Today our plan was a fairly easy day…it was breakfast at Trails End, rent a golf cart to tour Ft. Wilderness, maybe a quick hop to the MK and finally dinner at California Grille. It was also the day of a thousand pictures, so today will be a lot of show in a show and tell report.

Getting to Trails End is not the easiest and takes a bit of time. DH, of course, was running late and I swore we were going to miss our ADR…and it was a later one at that (9:30am). We finally get to Ft. Wilderness and I’m still not sure how I’m feeling so I’m getting crabby about that and the fact we are going to be late. As you can tell by this pic I’m way out ahead of the group trying to get them to hurry…

Everyone else at FW must have been where they were going already, cause we were the only people on the bus…it was like a ghost town

DH was also feeling very proud of himself as we ended up not being late…he snapped a picture to prove it

Once we arrived, we were shown to our table immediately. Ed was our server, who also happened to be our server on the last trip. No idea why I remembered that, but as soon as he introduced himself I pointed that out to DH.

Up to the buffet we went, I still wasn’t sure how my throat would be, so this was my first plate

That big hunk next to the waffle is butter…I think I must have thought I could at least get that down if nothing else

In comparison, this is DH’s first plate…

After my first few bites everything was ok…I could actually eat and not make faces or be in pain. So the first plate was quickly demolished and this was what my second plate looked like -

Yep – I was back (or so I thought!) After breakfast, we took a somewhat “traditional” picture with the bear in the bar….we had two poses…a nice one and then the “be a bear” one (I think DH came up with that!)

We were then off to rent a golf cart. DFIL really wanted to explore FW and we knew this would be the best way. All I have to say is wow! Some people really have a good time there!

And some of the Halloween displays were AMAZING!

We then stumbled across a site that must have had people that were from Chicago…so we had to take a couple of pictures

Just a couple of more fun ones….

Continued in next post...
Old 03-06-2009, 09:39 AM   #240
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Into the Wilderness - and a Magic Kingdom Part 2

After just a couple of hours we were finished and decided to head to the MK for a bit, we wanted to show the DIL’s our brick and I never turn down a trip to the MK! After finding our brick and getting in, we wandered through the shops. I made sure to get a picture of the new monorail set…this one has people and the doors open. I thought it would go nicely with the one my parents got me a couple of years ago and runs under our Christmas tree…

Alas – no one bought it for me this year…which means DH and my parents will be bugged about it again next year

We also had a good time with the photopass photographers….first a regular photo -

We then split up and DH and I found a really fun one closer to end of main street….he got a few really great shots and even made DH get down on one knee…something he did NOT do when we did get engaged!

We also had a nice picture in the back of the castle…something I don’t think we had before.

DH wanted to ride Astro-Orbiter again…I refused as I still thought (even though I know it’s not possible now, but remember insane Ty was at Disney) that’s where I caught the strep from people coughing on me in the elevator. He did manage to get a couple of pictures while flying around..

Since we were right there I wanted to ride the TTA, of course it was a walkon, so we jumped in a car thinking both DIL’s would jump in with us. DMIL did, but DFIL wasn’t paying attention and ended up having to ride in his own car…we couldn’t stop cracking up

After that we wandered a bit, saw the Hall of Presidents (DH loves it!)

and then it was back to AKL for a little relaxing before dinner…

Continued in next post...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: