Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2008, 06:27 PM   #61
Buckeye Princess
DIS Veteran

I am going to Discovery Cove in December. I will also be 8 months pregnant. My doctor has cleared it but I am worried about fitting in a wetsuit. I went before in March and it was cold so I spent most of the day in a full wetsuit. Wetsuits only work if they are snug. I can't imagine a wetsuit that fits my belly will still be snug through my arms and legs. I'm a tiny girl normally and when I was there last had to wear a girls size 12 wetsuit, my arms and legs have not grown any since then, but my waist sure has! haha Has anyone had any experience wearing a wetsuit while pregnant?
Old 11-12-2008, 06:32 PM   #62
happylittlebirdie
Earning My Ears

I have not experienced this but when I was at the park in October with my co-workers, we asked about the wet suits and the various sizes and were informed that they have many sizes and they have not experienced a problem fitting anyone into them. Wet suits will form to your body/expand where you need it to, it may be hard to get into but they will help you pick the right one for you. Have fun!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2008, 08:11 PM   #63
Cdn Gal
DIS Veteran

Are there any promo codes for Discovery Cove? Thanks!
Cdn Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 08:21 AM   #64
RabFlmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Princess View Post
I am going to Discovery Cove in December. I will also be 8 months pregnant. My doctor has cleared it but I am worried about fitting in a wetsuit. I went before in March and it was cold so I spent most of the day in a full wetsuit. Wetsuits only work if they are snug. I can't imagine a wetsuit that fits my belly will still be snug through my arms and legs. I'm a tiny girl normally and when I was there last had to wear a girls size 12 wetsuit, my arms and legs have not grown any since then, but my waist sure has! haha Has anyone had any experience wearing a wetsuit while pregnant?

I for one am curious as to how the suit fit if DC allows you to get in the water with the dolphin. Do they know you are 8 months pregnant and are they willing to accept the liability if the dolphin noses you in the stomach like they sometimes do?
Will your insurance cover you if something happens?

Personally I would not risk it. 1. because of the salmonella bacteria that could be in the water because the dolphins do poop in the water. One bit of water in the mouth and the baby could be in danger of contracting it. My neighbor's daughter got it from her swimming pool because their German Shepard swam in it. I was pregnant with my oldest at the time, and babysat for her, but her doctor said not to bring her because it could endanger my baby. 2. Dolphins are still wild animals even if most of the time they are gentle. The trainer in the water with you can't really protect you if it is a spur of the moment bump like dolphins sometimes do.
Just my humble opinion with perspective of pregnancy in a different decade.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:14 AM   #65
herbiesmomma
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabFlmom View Post
I for one am curious as to how the suit fit if DC allows you to get in the water with the dolphin. Do they know you are 8 months pregnant and are they willing to accept the liability if the dolphin noses you in the stomach like they sometimes do?
Will your insurance cover you if something happens?

Personally I would not risk it. 1. because of the salmonella bacteria that could be in the water because the dolphins do poop in the water. One bit of water in the mouth and the baby could be in danger of contracting it. My neighbor's daughter got it from her swimming pool because their German Shepard swam in it. I was pregnant with my oldest at the time, and babysat for her, but her doctor said not to bring her because it could endanger my baby. 2. Dolphins are still wild animals even if most of the time they are gentle. The trainer in the water with you can't really protect you if it is a spur of the moment bump like dolphins sometimes do.
Just my humble opinion with perspective of pregnancy in a different decade.
I agree. When I went, the trainer gave that dolphin the wrong signal during the "swim", and corrected it too late. It hit me with it's tail, and I had bruises for a couple weeks!
herbiesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 06:41 PM   #66
happylittlebirdie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn Gal View Post
Are there any promo codes for Discovery Cove? Thanks!
When are you planning on visiting Discovery Cove? There is a promotion where you can book in advance and save $30!
Old 12-14-2008, 02:42 PM   #67
Danny9009
Earning My Ears

Double post sorry

Last edited by Danny9009; 12-20-2009 at 03:01 PM.
Danny9009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 11:56 PM   #68
Danny9009
Earning My Ears

We are leaving in just a few days!! I can't wait!!!
Danny9009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:02 PM   #69
kissbfm
Mouseketeer

Question

I wear a size 26/28 will they have a vest that will fit me?
Princess Rachael, 6
Princess Kaylie, 5
Princess Layla, 1

kissbfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:22 AM   #70
Natasha&Matt
I fancy Prince Eric

I'm a Uk size 22 does anybody know what size wetsuit i wil have to ask for?

May 2005 All star Movies May 2008 Pop Century September 2009 Newport Bay Club
May 2010 Enclave Suites/Hard Rock Hotel Club/Pop Century

Natasha&Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:45 AM   #71
PrincessKsMom

OMG you should see me when I'm driving
I'm pretty sure the minute I open my mouth no one would have to ask the question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natasha&Matt View Post
Not sure of the answer, but they will help you. They have people who work the vest stand and you can try on different sizes until you find the one that fits you best.

Enjoy and have a fantastic time when you go!

Stolen from SCHBR'sMom, who stole it from Wickey, who stole it from Kimmar.
LETS ALL DO THE BROONY \ 0 / TagGate 2011
PrincessKsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:25 PM   #72
Kath2003
DIS Veteran

Quote:
US sizes are UK-4 so you'll need to ask for an 18. They'll exchange it for you if it doesn't fit.
Old 02-26-2010, 04:52 AM   #73
Dolphina
Mouseketeer

Quote:
you actually don't need to tell them your size - they can see which wetsuit will fit for you. well, that's at least what I did!

Dolphina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 06:11 AM   #74
y2kdave
Mouseketeer

A wetsuit will definately add a little bouyancy.
y2kdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:05 PM   #75
LockShockBarrel
Pudge controls the weather.

I just got back from Disney and DC. Oh those wetsuits...

When we went up to the little hut where they are, this very cute, very nice 20 something year old (please keep in mind that I'm 24) was working. He didn't ask what sizes we were, but literally just glanced at us and handed us suits. He said "I think these will be fine but come back if they're not". I can't imagine a job where it's literally on you to size people up. He was very good about it though, I'm sure lesser people would look at someone heavier and roll their eyes or something rude but he was very polite and friendly about it. My friend's suit was fine and I had to go up a size but that was fine. The first time I went I was really scared of the whole thing but the girl that was working that time assured me they'd fit people way bigger than me and it wouldn't be a problem. I even came up with what I feel is the most efficient way to get into the suit. I call it the "double fisted butt shimmy". This works with the shorty suit. If you get the suit mostly up your legs, then stick your hands down the back of it and grab it, and simultaniously jump and shimmy while pulling the suit up, you can get it up over your hips. My friend favored something that resembled the twist crossed with the watusi. Either way, more often than not, they'll probably have something that will work for you. And yes, the provide quite a bit of bouyancy.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...but without water and sugar your lemonade is gonna suck.Shut up Brain or I'll poke you with a Qtip!Legally, it's questionable. Morally, disgusting. Personally, I like it!The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Stab in and thrust upward.

Trip Report Jan 2011: Viva Verde! http://http://www.disboards.com/show...0#post39571060
TRIP REPORT SEPT 2012How do I Flush This? Squared!http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993886

Feb 2007 Pop Century, Oct 2008 Pop Century, Jan 2011 Old Key West, Sept 12 Pop Century
LockShockBarrel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: