Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2007, 01:02 PM   #46
Tinks1984
We're having a mini party!
I couldn't believe how many there was in the bag!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dislifer View Post
You have NO problem!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy, it is a very lovely place that I hope never changes!!!
Oh I will, I'm sure of it, I think this may be the highlight of my holiday, it's always been a dream to swim with a dolphin and pet one, and thanks to my wonderful boyfriend it's finally going to come true
Tinks1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 12:06 PM   #47
dpwright
Massachusetts Mama

it's a terrific place. We wore wet suits because the air temperature was chilly that day - and ran into the warm pools every chance we could, though getting them on and off was a riot. they felt fine once they were on, but did require some tugging and pulling to get on and off. They do require everyone wear at least a vest.
April 2006 - caribbean beach
Nov 2006 - Royal Pacific/universal
Feb 2009 - Royal Pacific/ universal and WDW
ME - 42 : , DH 45
DD - 16, DD 14
dpwright is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-09-2007, 12:21 PM   #48
digitalbean
Earning My Ears

Hi all this is my first post here i've been lurking on these boards for years now

anyway we are going to discovery cove next feb and have never worn wetsuits before and were wondering do you wear swimwear underneath a wetsuit? as all i have are swim shorts so guess they wouldn't be too comfortable.
digitalbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 12:51 PM   #49
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalbean View Post
Hi all this is my first post here i've been lurking on these boards for years now

anyway we are going to discovery cove next feb and have never worn wetsuits before and were wondering do you wear swimwear underneath a wetsuit? as all i have are swim shorts so guess they wouldn't be too comfortable.
Yep, wear your bathing suit under the wet suit.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:34 AM   #50
Blessedx3
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if they have the shorty wetsuits for toddlers? We are taking thier full wetsuits from home but I am worried they will be too hot in these come the middle of the day. But the chilly morning air I am afraid they will be too cold without them. Just curious. Thanks
Old 01-20-2008, 08:13 AM   #51
Dreamer04

Little Stinker
I love Trading Spaces

I have what may sound like a whiney question. But, it isn't. Truly.

My sister has some back problems and she has great difficulty pulling anything tight up. For example, she can't pull up a girdle. So, here is my question. How tight are the wetsuits? Are they difficult to pull up? Or are they the kind that zip all the way up? HELP!!

Thanks in advance!

Ursula

A dream is a wish your heart makes
Dreamer04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:07 PM   #52
Blessedx3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer04 View Post
I have what may sound like a whiney question. But, it isn't. Truly.

My sister has some back problems and she has great difficulty pulling anything tight up. For example, she can't pull up a girdle. So, here is my question. How tight are the wetsuits? Are they difficult to pull up? Or are they the kind that zip all the way up? HELP!!

Thanks in advance!

Ursula

Hello Ursula

Not a whiney question at all. Wetsuits are meant to fit the body very tightly. They allow water through that will warm to the body temp and the idea is the wetsuit is so snug the warm water next to the body under the suit will keep you warm. Most suits do not zip all the way up and they can be hard to tug up. When are you going?? Your sis may not need a wetsuit is it is warm enough. We went in Aug one year and one wasn't needed of course. We are using them this year in feb.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:04 AM   #53
Dreamer04

Little Stinker
I love Trading Spaces

Thank you BlessedX3!

We are going during President's Week. It might be cold. I was kind of hoping that if she used one big enough, it might be easier to tug up. What do you think?

Old 02-02-2008, 09:08 AM   #54
Tinks1984
We're having a mini party!
I couldn't believe how many there was in the bag!

Like Blessedx3 said, wetsuits are suppose to be quite tight to the body, to help with the insulation and keeping the body temperature regulated. I think your Sister MAY be able to get away with one above her size up, but I don't think any bigger would work at all, as it would defeat the object of her having one on in the first place, as too much water would be 'let in'.

If its really a problem, then maybe her bathing suit and two t-shirts over, plus a life vest could be a possible solution? I suppose it depends her tolerance to the 'cold' water
Tinks1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 11:59 PM   #55
Dreamer04

Little Stinker
I love Trading Spaces

Thank you so much! I think she will be fine.

Old 04-04-2008, 09:21 AM   #56
PrincessKsMom

OMG you should see me when I'm driving
I'm pretty sure the minute I open my mouth no one would have to ask the question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dislifer View Post
Whew! What a relief!!! Thanks!
Here's my email to DC and their response:

Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 4:07 PM
To: DCO-Guest Relations
Subject: General Park

You have received the following feedback from the Discovery Cove site.

Sender: Donna

Subject: General Park

Message: Re: wetsuits and vests I see they only go up to an 18 XL. Both my mother and I are a womens 20/22. Would this mean we are unable to participate?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for contacting Discovery Cove so we may assist as you plan your adventure!

Though our website states that the vest and/wetsuits only go up to a size 18xl, it is a bit misleading. The 18 XL is actually an 18 XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXL. We will be able to accommodate both you and your mom with any wetsuits or vest needs.

I hope this information has been helpful. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us once again.

We look forward to your visit!

Best Regards,
Janet Maza
Guest Relations
Discovery Cove

Stolen from SCHBR'sMom, who stole it from Wickey, who stole it from Kimmar.
LETS ALL DO THE BROONY \ 0 / TagGate 2011
PrincessKsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 09:58 AM   #57
Pattiw73
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up Discovery Cove Wetsuits

We went at the end of June/beginning of July. First, it was fantastic! Did the dolphin swim...great experience. I wore the wet suit for the dolphin swim in the early morning and it helped keep me warm. It was short sleeves and short legs. They allow you to switch back and forth between vests and wetsuits if you want. I did get too warm in the wetsuit after the dolphin swim, and switched to a vest the rest of the day. The water in the coral reef was very cold, and it would have been good to have kept the wet suit on for that.

The lazy river is warm, and a nice place to go when you're chilled from the cold water. They do require that you wear either one, and it's for safety and an easy way to spot everyone in the water.

By the way, food and drink was fantastic, and free all day long. Great place to go, but best if children can swim/snorkel, if you're taking them. Otherwise, you'll spend a lot of money sitting on the beach and merely playing in the water, rather than enjoying all the great underwater creatures. The sting rays are awesome! There are a ton of them in the coral reef and I had a blast swimming with them. Yes, extremely hard to dive down....not sure if it was the vest or the salt water...tough to do!
Pattiw73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 11:58 AM   #58
heatherbabydoll1
Louisa's Disney Girl

My family is going in December for the first time and our size is deffentley something I checked out. My husband is about 400lbs and wears a 6XL I am a 26 in womans. I called Discovery Cove and they told me they have suits that go up to 16XL that would fit a 700lb man. Also I made sure that my husband's size would not keep him from any activites. They called a trainer and said that the dolphins can still pull my husband through the water even though he is large. Hope this helps!
Heather
heatherbabydoll1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 04:53 PM   #59
gsneen
Earning My Ears

Wet suits? in Dec

We are going to discovery cove on December 18th, I know it can get cold in FL Does anyone know what kind of wet suits do they have? Long sleeves / short sleeves or both
gsneen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:33 AM   #60
onenightonly
Under the Sea!

I went to DC on Christmas Eve and it was still pretty warm. I get cold easily so I wore the shorty. A lot of people chose to use it because it's short, yet comfortable in the water. If you know a lot about wet suits, it's about 3mm and a little tight around the neck.
onenightonly is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: