Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2008, 07:03 PM   #1
padalyn
Truth is stranger than fiction - you really can't make this stuff up!

Question 2007 Transatlantic and First Med cruises thread

Well, since our old thread seems to have been deleted this may as well become our temporary/new home. With hopes that the old thread will return I am hoping that people will find this thread.

I will PM everyone that I can find, but if others find this and have names - please forward this thread to them. I would hate for us to loose track of each other!
Oct - our one year anniversary - the last of 7 trips to celebrate our first year of marriage! (part 7)
2/15/15:.....Magic Cruise
5/15/15:...EBTA northern itinerary
July 2015....Vero Beach for turtle watch!
Nov 2015.....family trip to WDW for Thanksgiving
Past trips: .. .. .. WDW: (no longer counting). . . . . . . . .DLR:5 . . . . . . . . . .DLP:2 . . . . . . . . .The rest? not planned yet!
. .Cruises.(27 with total nights: 191)[Fantasy x3; Dream x4; Magic x12; Wonder x9]. . ABD:Imperial Cities
.DVC member since 2001
Oct 12, 2013: our handfasting day!!!! The most important day of my life.
2012:My Grand Slam!.. .. .. .. 4 - 3 - 2 - 1....4 ships, 3 ports, 2 coasts, in 1 year!!
padalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:09 PM   #2
Scott H
First to Magically cross from Kingdom to Kingdom!

I am here
If we couldn't laugh we would all just go insane. The only difference between an adventure and an ordeal is attitude. Don’t dream your life, Live your dream! Paradise is not a place but a state of Mind
KEWL!!!
Scott H is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2008, 07:11 PM   #3
misseulalie
DIS Veteran

Even though I don't post much anymore(to this thread), I'm still reading....
Old 01-26-2008, 07:14 PM   #4
padalyn

as long as people will find us! I sent out a slew of PMs just now (thanks Scott for the reply!) and hopefully everyone I sent to has a few more people than I had. I could only find these people:

EpcotKilterFan
CaCruisn
NHDisneyLover
Tig18??? (erik)
SSnyder
Scot H

so feel free to send this along!
Oct - our one year anniversary - the last of 7 trips to celebrate our first year of marriage! (part 7)
Past trips: .. .. .. WDW: (no longer counting). . . . . . . . .DLR:5 . . . . . . . . . .DLP:2 . . . . . . . . .The rest? not planned yet!
. .Cruises.(27 with total nights: 191)[Fantasy x3; Dream x4; Magic x12; Wonder x9]. . ABD:Imperial Cities
.DVC member since 2001
2012:My Grand Slam!.. .. .. .. 4 - 3 - 2 - 1....4 ships, 3 ports, 2 coasts, in 1 year!!
Old 01-26-2008, 07:53 PM   #5
tig82174
...but the most wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!!

I'm here......

Hadley is NHDisneylover
Kelly is Milestogo
Chris & Rob are Scoobypop
Old 01-26-2008, 08:27 PM   #6
EpcotKilterFan
The first to extend her Fish

Just a little Off Kilter

I am here. We need to arrange the furnitture a bit in our new/temporary home. But soon it will be filled with all our friends

Debbie
Old 01-26-2008, 08:32 PM   #7
padalyn

I bet if I dug through all the stuff I have put away I could find the mini navigator that was put together, that would have everyone's ID.

My hunny tells me that we might end up booted off the cruise board since the cruise was now almost a year ago. I am not sure, I guess if that happens we will just have to track everyone down again!

Erik - did you sent this to them or do you want me to?
.DVC member since 2001
Old 01-26-2008, 09:25 PM   #8
tig82174

Quote:
Originally Posted by padalyn View Post
I bet if I dug through all the stuff I have put away I could find the mini navigator that was put together, that would have everyone's ID.

My hunny tells me that we might end up booted off the cruise board since the cruise was now almost a year ago. I am not sure, I guess if that happens we will just have to track everyone down again!

Erik - did you sent this to them or do you want me to?

No I didn't PM them.....if you want to that would be great....I don't understand why we'd get deleted for being an "old" cruise? Didn't hte first PanAm thread stay active forever?
Old 01-26-2008, 10:30 PM   #9
DizzneyDAnn
DIS Veteran

Why did they do this? The May PC cruise has so many more posts and is really only used by a few people.I am so sad that so much of the fun stuff we wrote and the fun pictures are gone. I am ver sentimental.
DizzneyDAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 10:47 PM   #10
tig82174

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzneyDAnn View Post
Why did they do this? The May PC cruise has so many more posts and is really only used by a few people.I am so sad that so much of the fun stuff we wrote and the fun pictures are gone. I am ver sentimental.
Yeah I wondered the same thing. Did a moderator delete us? I can't imagine why they would but I know they have the right to do so.....it does seem odd that our board, which is relatively active, got deleted while there are other WAY older threads still clinging to life by a thread on here!!

Alas, however.....like a phoenix from the flames.....here we come again!
Old 01-26-2008, 11:18 PM   #11
padalyn

There was a post just before 11pm the other night, that the system would be "cleaned" up. The process included deleting all threads longer than 10,000 posts. We were at about 10,700 if I recall correctly. To that end, we were deleted. I didn't realize that we would not all be notified, so I didn't make a list of who was posting. Thus I had to go from my PM list of names. I missed a lot of people of course.

I will hunt for that mini navigator to see if I can put out a general post to the names I can find, but please - if you have other peoples ID - please send the note I sent you along to them.

As far as how long an "old" thread will be allowed to continue on the cruise board, I have no idea. What I would hope would happen is the moderator would just have us moved over to the community board. Maybe I should have started this post there, but I thought folks would look for it here.

I sent the PM to Kelly, and Chris & Rob. If anyone thinks of others...please notify them!
.DVC member since 2001
Old 01-26-2008, 11:29 PM   #12
DizzneyDAnn
DIS Veteran

The number of posts is a very strange way to determine the disolution of a thread. I think it should be disolved due to inactivity. The thread of the WB TRansAtlantic hasn't been added to since October, for example, and I think it was a month before that when someone posted.

I'm in mourning.

Old 01-26-2008, 11:35 PM   #13
DizzneyDAnn
DIS Veteran

seaulater
hoagiepie
cupcake
gydell
rikimuk
CAcruisin
ElderFam
Nanaguide
Old 01-26-2008, 11:58 PM   #14
tig82174

littleowensmommy
rufustee
kpros
oh_6

hmmm.....i'm sure more names will come to me in the middle of the night tonight!! LOL
Old 01-27-2008, 12:26 AM   #15
DizzneyDAnn
DIS Veteran

What was Richard's screen name? He had a party in Orlando at his house. The banner party???

Oh and TxAggie and a bunch of numbers, Elizabeth.

Michelle2
AuntyBrat

I'll search Aunty Brat's thread tomorrow. A lot responded on that thread.

Last edited by DizzneyDAnn; 01-27-2008 at 12:38 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: