Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2008, 10:45 AM   #1
Kate and Pete
You can't make footprints in the sands of time if you're sitting on your butt. And who wants to make buttprints in the sands of time?

Priceline Dispute aka. Are we Screwed? - UPDATE!!!!!!!!

DH and I just booked a hotel for Orlanda through Priceline (name your own price). I asked for a 2.5-3 star. It gave me a 2 star - Fun Spots Hotel in Orlando. I guess I could do a 2 star (even though that's not what I asked for!) EXCEPT that all the reviews are horrifying!!!! Hookers in the lobby, cockroaches in the room, a child who died in the pool!!!!!!!!!!!! Priceline says that I requested a two star (and also a 4 star...hmm...that wasn't even an option!) and that I can't cancel it.

So, what do I do? Has anyone ever successfully canceled or am I stuck with this charge? I WILL NOT be staying there - we immediately booked a hotel near the airport for 45/night at a three star - it's not our ideal location, but it's just DH and me, so no problem.

So, total, for our two hotels, we're paying around $500/week - not bad, but I don't want the other room!!! (Which, to irritate me even more, cost more than the lovely hotel I booked!)
Books

First trip ever - 5th wedding anniversary - Offsite, Pres. Week, 2007

Celebrating Our 30th B-days - POP, Pres. Week, 2008

Last minute "Get me out of Maine or I'll go crazy" trip - POP, Pres. Week, 2009

Last edited by Kate and Pete; 01-28-2008 at 12:31 PM.
Kate and Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 10:56 AM   #2
BellePrincessBelle
Nothing says Thanksgiving like some road kill

Sorry that happened but thats why I will never risk using Priceline. SOmetimes you get what you pay for.
BellePrincessBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2008, 11:00 AM   #3
Adi12982
DIS Veteran

I would call immediately - let them know that THEIR website had a glitch/problem - that you put in 2.5-3.5 star and it gave you a 2 star - NOT what you were actually bidding on. If they won't help ask for a supervisor, don't give up.

Adi12982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 11:05 AM   #4
Kate and Pete
You can't make footprints in the sands of time if you're sitting on your butt. And who wants to make buttprints in the sands of time?

I did - and they told me that my contract says I wanted a 2 star - which I did not check!

Is it worth disputing the charge through my CC? I've never done that before, so don't know what's involved...
Books

Old 01-26-2008, 11:27 AM   #5
ExPirateShopGirl
My posts are sanitized for your protection!
Oh, sorry. The dog just peed on it.

You should have received a bidding confirmation email about the time your bid was accepted or rejected. I have not found their system to be glitchy, but I never bid on anything below 4 stars. Their system will automatically seek out accommodations in the quality category you select and UP, not down.

I happen to like Priceline, and my bids have never been off. Visit biddingfortravel.com to get an idea of what's available in each area and quality category. Great bidding hints. If you see even one hotel that's unacceptable to you, go to the next star level.

Again, check your confirmation email. Sounds like you won't be able to get a refund. I have never had to seek a refund, so I can't help there.

Good luck!
Old 01-26-2008, 11:30 AM   #6
ExPirateShopGirl
My posts are sanitized for your protection!
Oh, sorry. The dog just peed on it.

How much did you bid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate and Pete View Post
I did - and they told me that my contract says I wanted a 2 star - which I did not check!

Is it worth disputing the charge through my CC? I've never done that before, so don't know what's involved...
Old 01-26-2008, 11:33 AM   #7
ZPT1022
DIS Veteran
Dreaming of my Disney honeymoon!
Beware the troll dolls in Norway...they're creepy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate and Pete View Post

I've never disputed anything either but hookers in the lobby? I'd figure out how to fight it, no way would I stay there. Good luck getting it fixed
Old 01-26-2008, 01:53 PM   #8
canwegosoon
I need an Orli six-pack

I have not used Priceline...but could you chalk up to lesson learned? Call your CC company and see if there is any thing you can do.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:24 PM   #9
Jenna45
DIS Veteran

I did and I lost and I also disputed with Amex and I lost that too, they said since I had intialed the contract page I agreed to the charges, I did not use the room either, they had put us in a Roach Motel in NYC , I lost 220.00 X2 plus taxes and learned my priceline lesson.

Jenna45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 02:55 PM   #10
Kate and Pete

Yep, I think that's what we're going to deal with, too. Oh well - lesson learned! Thank goodness for tax refunds (although I'd rather use that $ for other things!!)
Books

Old 01-26-2008, 03:10 PM   #11
2Princes_&_1Princess
Total ticker envy over here

I had very nearly the exact same thing happen. I asked for one thing (and I am 100% sure that I entered it correctly - I had been bidding over a period of weeks with the exact same bid). I did a re-bid, and Priceline MUST have changed something, I initialed the page, as always, without double checking (which is admittedly my fault) and it had somehow added a zone that wasn't OK with us.

I called and fought, and assumed that I was the one who had made the error.

Two weeks later, the EXACT same thing happened to my father. We will both NEVER use Priceline again, as we are 100% that at some point Priceline changed the terms of our bid, and we both carelessly initialed the contract page. Priceline is VERY shady about this.
Me - , DH - , DS#1 - , DS#2 - , DD#1 -
2Princes_&_1Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 05:40 PM   #12
koziclan
Earning My Ears

I would still try to fight it. I just got a refund on a air & hotel package deal. I was very persistant and would not take "no" from anyone. I had to cancel because DH got sick at the airport just before we checked in. I switched our tickets with the airline and left the airport. By time I got home I had a nasty e-mail from Pricline saying that the tickets were none refundable and I shouldn't have gone to the airline. I called the hotel to cancel and they would not take the cancellation. I had to call Priceline to cancel and they refused my refund. I moved my way up the ladder and eventually somebody told me that I should have had a doctor call Priceline before the plane took off if I wanted money back! What doctor is going to call Priceline at 6:30 in the morning? I had a field day with that one! Just be persistant. They'll try to get away with anything they can! I won't deal with them again!
Old 01-26-2008, 05:40 PM   #13
DianeV
DIS Veteran

Priceline usually will not budge especially since its their word against yours. I have seen people say a good idea is to capture a screen shot when you bid so that if something like this happens you have that to show them. Otherwise I dont think they will budge.

You could try your credit card and insist it was a glitch in the computer system of Pricelines and see what they say.
DianeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 06:27 PM   #14
problemchild718
DIS Veteran

I would fight it too! Both with them and your CC company. Can't hurt to try. Live and learn

1977 Contemporary 1985 Off site 1987 Contemporary 1993 Caribbean Beach 2000 Contemporary 2004 Offsite 2005 POR engagement trip 2005 Bought SSR 2006 OKW trip 2008 SSR
problemchild718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:11 PM   #15
DawnM
Dawn

I have used priceline for years and only had one issue with one hotel and it ended up being a fiasco, but I did get my $$ back eventually. Later others had issues with that same hotel and did not get reimbursed, so I guess it depends.

I just used priceline a month or so ago and had a great experience again.

Sometimes priceline will change the star rating for a hotel and that stinks. So a previous 2 star will become a 2.5 star and you are the first one to find out.

Have you checked biddingfortravel for their hotel reviews of the place?

That stinks.

Dawn

living with 4 boys (dh included)
DawnM is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: