Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2008, 07:02 PM   #1
Judy from Boise
Watch out – might take away your birthday
Not superfluous in the least!
DIS World Traveller

DISboards Moderator

My review RPR club experience

We stayed 6 nights over New years. We are Platinum members

Here was our room on entry

certainly nothing to write home about, but not too horrible (especially if you don't mind a view of the freeway)

here is looking back to the door

on the other side of the divider is the single sink.

The big shock came when we opened the sofa bed

it made the rest of the room inaccessable. Note this room did ot have a plasma TV, but a clunker on the dresser.

you literally couldn't walk between the two beds!

overall i would rate the room a step below the Hampton Inn type chain.
The club was much better(if again you don't mind the view of the freeway)

The big question.....would i stay there again ? Hard to say.....but most likely we would return to HRH club.
Judy from Boise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 07:29 PM   #2
jakuch
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the photos and review. I appreciate you taking the time to upload the photos.

Karen
jakuch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2008, 11:11 PM   #3
bubba's mom
Proud Redhead
DIS Cast Member
The Tag Fairy knows you as more than just "Wife of Eric Roberts--XM Spy"

I'm guessing you could put one of the chairs in the closet and had room to move the sofabed closer to the window (so you could walk between the beds)?

I appreciate you taking and posting a pic of the unfolded sofabed....ya don't see too many pix of that around here

Thanks again!
bubba's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 11:29 PM   #4
lindalinda
Pull off the mattress and throw it on the floor!
Whats your starting point?
Got thru today without any controversy

If youre platinum, why didnt you get a suite? Or did they give you club instead?
Old 01-26-2008, 07:52 AM   #5
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

I think I would have preferred a two queen room with three people but as platinum members also, I certainly wouldn't have settled for that room (unless it was a last minute visit). That's just way too small! Especially for six days.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 11:27 AM   #6
Judy from Boise
DIS World Traveller

DISboards Moderator

we really like the club, so being Platinum got us nothing since club upgrades are not a benefit. I made reservations months ahead of time, and asked for a roll away and a pool view. I called a few weeks prior to verify, and verified at the front desk. The clerk assured me all was well.......when we walked into the room i immediately called the front desk and asked to be switched....no help, so I said we would take queen beds....no help, so i said we would wait till tomorrow.....no help.
I basically wrote off the resort part of our stay as a loss at that point ! Only the club food and the nice walk to the parks changed my mind at all.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:47 PM   #7
AlexandNessa
Proud Redhead
Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
Must sleep barefoot
HEY EVERYONE...THIS IS A SECRET...SHE HATED THE MUMMY MOVIE

We used to stay exclusively at RPR Club. Then we got tired of not using our Platinum benefits and switched to only staying in suites.

At RPR Club, I have found that it is better to request a specific room, rather than a "pool view." We stayed RPR Club at least a half dozen times. When we requested pool view, we often got a view of the luau instead. When I requested my specific room, we always got it.

I find it upsetting that Platinum folks do not get the pick of the litter of rooms at RPR on club level. Yours is the second review I've read from a platinum member who "scored" a view of the highway. I hope you wrote as much in your post-stay survey to RPR. Platinum peeps forgo their suite benefit to stay club, and are treated to a view of I4? Very, very wrong of RPR to do that.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:58 PM   #8
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy from Boise View Post
we really like the club, so being Platinum got us nothing since club upgrades are not a benefit. I made reservations months ahead of time, and asked for a roll away and a pool view. I called a few weeks prior to verify, and verified at the front desk. The clerk assured me all was well.......when we walked into the room i immediately called the front desk and asked to be switched....no help, so I said we would take queen beds....no help, so i said we would wait till tomorrow.....no help.
I basically wrote off the resort part of our stay as a loss at that point ! Only the club food and the nice walk to the parks changed my mind at all.
That really stinks about the room. I, too, hope you let them know of your dissatisfaction.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:45 PM   #9
lindalinda
Pull off the mattress and throw it on the floor!
Whats your starting point?
Got thru today without any controversy

I wouldnt have been too happy with that either. I stayed RPR club a few years ago and liked it , in a double queen. But I wasnt platinum then! Thats why I'm back at PBH this year.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:04 PM   #10
Disneyhappy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Was your room very last, at the end of the hallway? I think we got that room two years ago for HHN. It is smaller that the regular rooms with 2 queen beds. I didn't complain because they gave us a free upgrade to Club that trip. We have stayed at RPR Club countless times and always request a water view and have never recieved it. It is always that same lovely view of the highway. I always forget to look at room numbers to know what to request next time. I am open to any suggestions of which rooms to request for a water view. By the way, we are only Gold members and I woulld expect Platinum to get priorty for their requests.

I guess I am mostly surprised that they couldn't help you. If I have an issue that can't be resolved, I don't stop until I speak with a higher up manager on site (only needed to do this one time at USF resorts). I just realized your visit was over New Years and I am sure the resort was fully booked, making it more difficult to your requests. Still, as a platinum member, you should have received priority.

Disneyhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 08:20 PM   #11
Judy from Boise
DIS World Traveller

DISboards Moderator

I think our room was 7331? almost all the way down to the right when facing the club entrance. I was also suprised at the way i was treated.....we are just Gold with Hilton, and they always treat us like royalty.
I did not get a survey to fill out, was that sent online ?

We really did have a nice trip(despite the literally freezing weather)we rolled with the punches related to the room, we will just return to HR next time....we love their pool.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:47 PM   #12
jakuch
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I think our room was 7331? almost all the way down to the right when facing the club entrance. I was also suprised at the way i was treated.....we are just Gold with Hilton, and they always treat us like royalty.
I did not get a survey to fill out, was that sent online ?

We really did have a nice trip(despite the literally freezing weather)we rolled with the punches related to the room, we will just return to HR next time....we love their pool.
We are Gold with Hilton also stay with them as often as we can because the of wondferful treatment. We just joined Loews and this will be a test to see how they compare to Hilton from the most basic level on up.

Karen
jakuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 08:50 AM   #13
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Had you requested a King room? Is that the standard King room? Do any of them come without the pullout or did you want the pullout but just intend on putting the cot there and there were none left?

I know if there are no suites, you just get a normal room but they certainly could have given you a nicer view!
Old 01-27-2008, 03:56 PM   #14
Atotty
DIS Veteran

Hey,

Just read your report over on Trip Advisor then clicked over here and saw your pictures again.

Moved Here December 2012; POP Thanksgiving 2012; Day Trip July 2012; Yacht Club CL May/June 2012; Offsite School Competition April 2012; CBR Mar 2012; POP Jan/Feb 2012; DTD Hilton Apr 2011; POFQ/AKV/CSR Nov 2010; CBR/Windsor Hills/POR June 2009; AKV/RPH/Windsor Hills June 2008; All Star Sports/Dolphin Thanksgiving 2007; POP/Windsor Hills June 2007; POP June 2006; POR Oct 2005; POR May 2004; AKL May 2003; MK 1985; Epcot 1984; Disneyland 1969
Atotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 04:44 PM   #15
leahjade
DIS Veteran

wow, I was just going to post the following question "what is the difference in size of the PBH club and the RPH club room?" After seeing your pictures, I'm definitely going to book the Portofino! Someone please reassure me that the rooms are nicer there! With the amount of money we're spending I don't want a room that looks like a Hotel 6!
leahjade is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: